• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halloween Party Mafia ~ Over! Who drowned bobbing for apples? Who won Best Costume?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
you're pretty right, sang, i'm just irritated at circus right now

im coming off as defensive because circus is trying to get me vigged for...being defensive at a vig suggestion?

lol ok, im just frustrated

not in the greatest state of mind right now
It's alright. Just try to calm down a bit and take a breather.

I think you just thought it because I don't remember you saying stuff about his reads being so random w.r.t. his newest post.
I was talking about where you said that he wanted me and swiss dead because of us voting him. I said pretty much the same things but just in fewer words before after he made that "I want Moth, Sang, and J dead" post.

Me and Moth is because we're voting you but I don't understand the J thing?
Right here.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I was talking about where you said that he wanted me and swiss dead because of us voting him. I said pretty much the same things but just in fewer words before after he made that "I want Moth, Sang, and J dead" post.

Right here.
Wow o_o I completely missed that. Seems you beat me to the punch, however, it should be brought up again especially considering his new post is sooooo weird.

I really need to think of a name for this alliance thingy, but it's gotta be cool. Hmph.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
You're better at making names than I am. But, yeah, I guess I said it so nonchallantly so thanks for bringing it to light once again.

July

Smash Apprentice
Because he's one of those coasters that are currently plaguing this game, but on top of that he seems like he's contributing in really small, useless ways. And he agreed with Shadow Moth's "help scum figure out the theme" idea, which I don't like. He also seemed to have the biggest problem with me directing the vig last time I did it. And that doesn't necessarily make him scum, but it makes me want to screw with him more. :p
I agree that with aa his contributions toDay have been insignificant and it's been really hard to get a read on him because he's just kind of floating along. A Raziek, Acrostic, or Joey vig shot would be just as good considering those slots are so inactive, and with Joey I had some scum vibes from his early play. With Gova being v/la for a while he's not at the top of my list for vig, I would rather he have a chance to contribute toMorrow since I didn't realize he was v/la much of toDay. TC seems to have potential so I would also like to see what she can contribute toMorrow as well.

I've always wanted to try this before I leave for a bit so I'm going to.

I'm proposing an alliance till D3 between Myself/July/Circus/Swords/Sang assuming we all make it there. Also known, as a massive team who is working together and I think I'm confident in these reads. Or maybe I am following theory of keeping enemies closer ;). Who knows with me eh? But I am calling a truce and begin working together to get what we want done. You four in?

Not in it, don't comment on it yet please.
I think it was assumed because I'm holding your hand J, but I'm in favor of this :D

Actually nevermind that's EBR and I have a town read on him so he's good.

Soupa's vote on DH didn't look gud tho
Why does DH's vote not look good to you? Also what do you think of Swords' vote on the DH?

And I'm still not understanding the focus on connections you've had this game, I've seen you bring it up a lot. Is it helping you scumhunt to speculate on connections?

Well I really do not agree to your logics Ran because I can't since they are centered around circular logic.

Alliance so far but still needs a name: Opinion on EBR. I'm having trouble with that slot, some things I can see from a town PoV but others I can see from a scum PoV. What do you think of his Soupa push? Do you think it has merit or does it seem more scummy? Right now they are resting at a solid null. From what I can gather, July/Swords, you two believe him to be scummy. I don't remember Circus'/Sang's opinion.
EBR's #334 raised a lot of issues with me. It started out pretty defensive about their activity, even though they said it's null. Then it leads into a lot of information instead of analysis where he busts on people writing people off as town for scummy actions. But the strangest part is that his reasons for the Ran lynch seem like simple complacency, and instead of explain what he thinks about ran is scummy instead of town, he divulges into into things he doesn't like about Swords. His Soup read also seems to be based for the most part on his post about Sang v. J, which I don't feel is particularly scummy and as such I don't feel that read is adequately substantiated.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
EBR said:
Why don't you ask him about it?

He's probably on his family's computer.

But now I must leave I'll maybe bbl before deadline tonight but im not sure.
I felt that doing so might have broken the rule not to talk about games going on outside of the thread, even though it would of been a stretch.

J said:
I've always wanted to try this before I leave for a bit so I'm going to.

I'm proposing an alliance till D3 between Myself/July/Circus/Swords/Sang assuming we all make it there. Also known, as a massive team who is working together and I think I'm confident in these reads. Or maybe I am following theory of keeping enemies closer . Who knows with me eh? But I am calling a truce and begin working together to get what we want done. You four in?

Not in it, don't comment on it yet please.
Ehhhhhh

Not so sure about this tbh. I'm always wary of forming alliances with people, especially alliances this big. Even though I am feeling kinda good about some of the people on that list (Circus/you, slight town on July/Sang), I'm simply not confident enough to put my trust into this all the way until Day 3.

If the purpose of this alliance would be towards working to the lynching of EBR, then I'll consider it more.

@Circus: Would you be willing to help lynch EBR toMorrow?

@Swiss: I'm not liking what I've seen from you so far. You're reasoning for your picks Swiss (J and DH) are quite frankly lazy. You've incriminate both for meta reasons (and one extra vague reason for J). That's really simply not scum hunting Swiss.

===

Btw some of you may be wondering why I have put July only at slight town. I'll go on and explain it here before someone asks me to:

Basically, with July, I feel that while she has been providing us with a lot of new thoughts and reads, being generally pro active, that it's all simply a bit shallow. A good example would be her 199, which was very unnecessary. There was no point for her to have gone through all of that trouble just to list off town/null reads. In general, she has actively been focusing on a town reads, especially the town Ran read. Her tendency to focus on town reads is what keeps me from having her as a total town read.

===

I would perfer Gova or Raziek as my vig shots. One not voting, the other on a randomish wagon. Gova looks like he might be selectively scum hunting here, Raziek looking like he might be noncommittal. Both looking under the radar.

===

So it's the end of the Day, and I feel now would be a good time for me to make all of my stances clear. Right now I'm too tired though to give much reasoning (sorry guys, long Day at grandparents), so I'm going to just give my end of the Day reads with no/only slight reasoning:

Swiss: Slight scum. Has not struck me to have actually been scum hunting with those meta reads, which is practically all he has.

Joey, Gova, Raz, : null, obviously

Circus: town

Red Ryu: Hard to read due to minimalistic playstyle. null.

July: slight town, already explained this one

EBR: Slight scum, but still my most confident read. Already explained this one thoroughly.

DH: Explained this one. Slight scum. My second pick.

soup: Slight town. I have remembrance of him being generally attentive and producing of new material, so that's always good.

Ran: Null. I'm going to go on and move this guy down to null simply because I have not seen a single read of his that I can agree with. Like, even with Ran I think I should of seen some okay logic with him by now. Reaching a lot by often times taking null tells and turning them into scum tells (example: his scum read on July due to her rereading Sang. That's just plain dumb). Still, I can see the incentive though.

J: Town. Most attentive person there is I think. Probing everyone for everything. A bit paranoid about the whole alliance thing cause I hate the prospect of being buddied but it's ultimately null. Often find J saying things which I plan to say upon reading something which is def good.

AA: null, haven't payed too much attention to him tbh. Hasn't really done everything scummy or especially townie from what I remember. Wouldn't vig shoot him though if that means anything.

Moth: I'm actually going to move this guy up to slight town. The fact that I'm not liking Swiss now who he hasn't liked helps. Has steped up his town game since his 407.

Sang: slight town, already explained this one.

TC: Null, don't really remember this guy much either tbh.

that's that,

#HBC | Dancer

Oh wait, Gova was v/la?

Eh, then I guess Raziek is my only vig pick then.

Also

EBR's #334 raised a lot of issues with me. It started out pretty defensive about their activity, even though they said it's null. Then it leads into a lot of information instead of analysis where he busts on people writing people off as town for scummy actions. But the strangest part is that his reasons for the Ran lynch seem like simple complacency, and instead of explain what he thinks about ran is scummy instead of town, he divulges into into things he doesn't like about Swords. His Soup read also seems to be based for the most part on his post about Sang v. J, which I don't feel is particularly scummy and as such I don't feel that read is adequately substantiated.
I honestly didn't notice the things about him simply going into what he didn't like about me rather than simply attacking Ran. I'll have to check that out.

Agree wrt Soup. Pinning Soup on one post out of his whole play seems nitpicky and not substantial for a read.

#HBC | Dancer

Okay wait July, I just went beck and reed EBR's 334. What's wrong with how he did it? He did list off his reasoning as to why he thought Ran was scummy, he just also stated things he didn't like about me as well. What's wrong with that?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Swords said:
Ehhhhhh

Not so sure about this tbh. I'm always wary of forming alliances with people, especially alliances this big. Even though I am feeling kinda good about some of the people on that list (Circus/you, slight town on July/Sang), I'm simply not confident enough to put my trust into this all the way until Day 3.

If the purpose of this alliance would be towards working to the lynching of EBR, then I'll consider it more.
I like you so much more now. Good eye to be wary of things like these. Anyways, the alliance was proposed for us to get to work on nailing dem scum and I am confident on my July/Sang/Circus/Swords town read and it seems to be a mutual agreement between the 5 of us on these reads. ATM, it seems our agenda is leaning towards these being targets of ours. (btw you are in this regardless it seems heh =3)

EBR: Swords, July
Swiss: Sang, J

However, I won't mind more EBR pressure/scrutiny toMorrow simply because they are null. You seem to agree with me and Sang on the Swissy dislike so it's like a trade off. Basically if one of us five die during the night, they still have the other 4 to deal with.

Soooo it seems we agree to saying toMorrow, Swiss/EBR def need to be looked into and will be at least by us 5.

*Circus needs to tell us what he wants to do.

I'm really happy with how this project is coming along thus far! ^^

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hey Swords, answer me this. What's the difference between July and myself? We have both been focusing more on town-reads then scum-reads but you only seem to call her out on it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Now to those who weren't invited to the alliance can speak about it.

Look at each individual person and their joining posts into the alliance and tell me what you get from them. I'll dig each thing up in a second.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Meh, no need to. I don't think it'll help me get a read on any of em. For me personally. Like I'd take it as a null tell.

I'll be responding to things soon. :3

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Here you guys are:

J, I'm down to be in your League of Justice or whatever it is you're doing. But AA should definitely be bigger vig priority than Swiss, Joey (who is I think being replaced soon maybe hopefully?), and Acrostic. Gova and Raziek can totally go though, you're right. But AA's response to my first vig suggestion is what really set him apart for me. Methinks he be-ith a little paranoid.
Sure, why not. I'm comfortable enough with you all as town, or at least partial town.
I think it was assumed because I'm holding your hand J, but I'm in favor of this :D
Ehhhhhh

#HBC | Dancer

Hey Swords, answer me this. What's the difference between July and myself? We have both been focusing more on town-reads then scum-reads but you only seem to call her out on it.
I think what really makes July stand out to me is stuff like her 199. I mean that reaaaaallly wasn't necessary. Plus, stuff like her nailing in the fact that she has a town read on Ran seems a bit overboard.

Yeah though mainly it's her 199 that bugs me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Swords, why did you only state my suspicion on July as a reason for having me as null?

Also keep in mind that one of my scumreads is YOU so obv you won't agree with me.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I think what really makes July stand out to me is stuff like her 199. I mean that reaaaaallly wasn't necessary. Plus, stuff like her nailing in the fact that she has a town read on Ran seems a bit overboard.

Yeah though mainly it's her 199 that bugs me.
Haha so you just think the fact that she was a bit largess with her reads on those things was a bit odd? Well tell me, if you feel that way about her 199, what you think of her most recent reads posts which touches upon everyone?

However, I hate to do this again, but I have been nailing in the fact that Ran's a town read as well pretty extensively too. What's the difference? :p

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Swords, have you ever played with July before? I think this may be where it stems if not.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok catching up now lolz. Been lazy. MORE INFORMASHINZZZZZZ OM NOM NOM GIMMEEE COOKIEZ

#HBC | Dancer

Swords, why did you only state my suspicion on July as a reason for having me as null?

Also keep in mind that one of my scumreads is YOU so obv you won't agree with me.
It was just an example, I could probably find more if you really wanted me to.

Haha so you just think the fact that she was a bit largess with her reads on those things was a bit odd? Well tell me, if you feel that way about her 199, what you think of her most recent reads posts which touches upon everyone?

However, I hate to do this again, but I have been nailing in the fact that Ran's a town read as well pretty extensively too. What's the difference? :p
Oh jeez J you got me here. Since you have posted so much I don't recall every position you've taken. So tbh there might not even be one.

Again though, I mainly worried about the 199 than anything else.

Swords, have you ever played with July before? I think this may be where it stems if not.
In BIM4 I have. I don't really remember that game too much though tbh if that's what you're getting at. I simply remember that July posted walls a lot.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes Swords plz do. All of my scumreads. Back them up. I put ALL my thoughts on the table broski. I'm always open to everyone else's thoughts.

Also, you have played with July in Rusty Guillotine

#HBC | Dancer

Me said:
Oh jeez J you got me here. Since you have posted so much I don't recall every position you've taken. So tbh there might not even be one.
Actually I should rephrase this. I did remember that you were pro-Ran, I simply did not know you were apparently hammering it in so much.

@Ran: Kinda tired, but I'll try.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yes heh, that is what I am getting at. July has a largess playstyle that she is always over-generous with her posts and posts superfluous explanations with her reads but it's usually because she is really thorough which is pretty refreshing in my opinon. When she has a read, she makes it known by stamping her foot into the ground and making sure if she goes, she goes out with her reads known. Overall, I take it as a null-tell but for me this game I see so much town intent backing up her posts it's insane. Like I've been sure of July-town before but never this sure.

However, to each their own in terms of reading things differently. ^^

And heh, I stopped the Ran wagon and even posted his avatar saying "Do you seriously wanna kill this face?" and like on my knees pleading to not lynch him. It was quite fun.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
o.O Okkkkaaaayyyyy then
Dooooon't give me that look Sang. In IRL mafia, I get really into it. Remember that closed masons thing with you and then with K? Pahahaha soooo legit.

Also I started doing a reads list post but noticed that something was very.....weird with it. Especially when trying to explain a few of them.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well I really do not agree to your logics Ran because I can't since they are centered around circular logic.

Alliance so far but still needs a name: Opinion on EBR. I'm having trouble with that slot, some things I can see from a town PoV but others I can see from a scum PoV. What do you think of his Soupa push? Do you think it has merit or does it seem more scummy? Right now they are resting at a solid null. From what I can gather, July/Swords, you two believe him to be scummy. I don't remember Circus'/Sang's opinion.
Ok, I'll try to drop the connections stuff. In fact, I'll put up July to town. It's on the record. :3 Something I would never ever ever do... I sometimes just try to look at the little things xD I like the rest of her play.

Your opportunistic J.

You were calling Ran town far ahead of most people before it was fine. I do not beleive your push on EBR was sincere looks more like a waste. You vs EBR looks like TvS and I am leaning on you as scum.

:phone:
How exactly is his push on EBR not sincere? How is it a waste?

Well kay then, let me bring up the quotes in question:

[collapse=Soupa's quotes]

[/collapse]

First off, I want to bring up that you are a tad off in saying that Soupa was not sure on his EBRscum read based on the last quote, in fact he asks people if they get the impression that what EBR had done was shallow which, I assume, means scummy. That's what I got. I don't really get how you came to the conclusion he was double backing on his EBRscum read. The tone of the posts doesn't bother me and his actions seem to be justified to what he was doing.

Nah, I'd rather have her around over all the inactives based on her posts. Plus she is just cool as hell thus far. ^^ I want mooooore though and I wish she would give me more toMorrow. Like a scum-read and who she wants to push.

Sang, most of the questions I thought about w.r.t. your reads have been answered for the most part since I was late to getting to ask them. *kicks rock and sighs*
Well that's the thing. I saw wishy-washy ness from him and just saying that his vote on me looked shady, and then was fishing for town opinion AFTER voting him. That's why I didn't like it. Plus he has mentioned dislike of Circus and didn't really push it.

Yeah I asked about TC vig because she tends to be very lurky and just regurgitates stances that has been already stated in thread. The only thing she brought out that was new was "Oh y u vote me? is it cuz of the heat you got? is dat y?" which isn't acceptable to me. I don't see how she can find scum when she's just sheeping. HAI IM TC AINT I A CUTE SHEEPY SHEEP? BAAAH. :bee: Thus, she is useless to me. She may find my reasons for my picks flawed, but she isn't really helping with bringing in new scumpicks. Bleh.

Even so, I still would like an AA vig over her though.

@Ran:

Reads from Swiss based on his catch-up post from what I can surmise are as follows:

Scum: J, DH
Dislikes: Joey, Gova, EBR
Like: TC
Town: Ran, July, Swords, AA, Swords, Moth

No mention of a Sang read nor a few others. Weird he didn't comment on Circus. So I assume Sang/Circus are null with the rest of the players like Raz/Acro/Soupa. -Minus himself cuz lol duh.

But what changed so many things for him?
You make a good point. The only thing I saw him mention of her was that her question stating 'Who out of [Swiss, Ran] is scum to you?' where he said that was bizzare. I was assuming he meant scummy.

Does this change your views on Sang's push on Swiss?

you're pretty right, sang, i'm just irritated at circus right now

im coming off as defensive because circus is trying to get me vigged for...being defensive at a vig suggestion?

lol ok, im just frustrated

not in the greatest state of mind right now
Remember this is just a game. I think you're scummy though so I would like your vig. Especially considering your WGAT AT UR CLAIM RAN. That rings bells to me.

Why does DH's vote not look good to you? Also what do you think of Swords' vote on the DH?

And I'm still not understanding the focus on connections you've had this game, I've seen you bring it up a lot. Is it helping you scumhunt to speculate on connections?
I didn't like Soup's DH vote because he didn't say anything when voting him. What did you think of it?

I'll try to drop the connections right now.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
That was an o.O because I helped too. What is it with people and taking all the cred?
I'm not trying to take your cred haha, he was just asking me because he didn't remember what I did. You are actually the sole reason we are lynching DH you realize? You got us all to look at him over Ran and gave people who wanted to vote someone other then him good reason to vote DH because of your case.

*side note*Btw, I really feeeel like making our alliance something based off of Teen Titans (freaking amazing) since it is comprised of 3 dudes and 2 chicks fighting bad guys. Though every scenario makes me being Robin and it's like ;_; Though it works perfectly.*/side note*

Basic jist of reads.

Town - J/July/Sang/Circus/Swords *alliance lawlz*/Soupa/Ran
Leaning town - RR/Gova
Null - TC/EBR/Joey/Raz/Acro/DH/AA/Moth
Scum - Swiss

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I'm not trying to take your cred haha, he was just asking me because he didn't remember what I did. You are actually the sole reason we are lynching DH you realize? You got us all to look at him over Ran and gave people who wanted to vote someone other then him good reason to vote DH because of your case.
Haha yeah I know I was jk'ing. It doesn't matter to me ^_^

J said:
*side note*Btw, I really feeeel like making our alliance something based off of Teen Titans (freaking amazing) since it is comprised of 3 dudes and 2 chicks fighting bad guys. Though every scenario makes me being Robin and it's like ;_; Though it works perfectly.*/side note*
Teen Titans would be cool. What, you don't want to be Robin? Can I be the black haired goth chick?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well here's what I was thinking.

Sang = Raven, darker of the two chicks and a bit in the background but still does her own thing.
July = Starfire, always positive and generous with things. A bit superflous but always seems to be doing right.
Swords = Cyborg, strongarm with balls of steel cuz he doesn't care who he calls out as scummy regardless of rep and pretty chill
Circus = Beast Boy, green name and can tunnel like an animal
J = Robin, person who started it and the activity guy who keeps things moving along.

And plus Robin is like the least cool out of those 5. Oh wellz, still the others work so well. o_o"

#HBC | Dancer

Ok, I'll try to drop the connections stuff. In fact, I'll put up July to town. It's on the record. :3 Something I would never ever ever do... I sometimes just try to look at the little things xD I like the rest of her play.
I'm pretty much exclusively referring to the connections that you've been making wrt to what I said about you taking null tells and making them into scum tells. Thing is with connections, on Day 1 you can't really make them because you have no extra evidence to pinpoint them as actual connections. At this point in the game, forming connections is only speculation, which is why you can't really use them, and are thus null tells.

Sorry Ran that I didn't quote everything and explain each thing individually. I'm simply too tired, and I'm going to bed now. Just think of all the times you've made connections when I'm referring to you stretching nulls into scum tells, and use the context of the above paragraph as my reasoning to my claim.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh those. yeah I like to state them so we can look at them later but I guess I'll leave it for laters. I don't think connections is the only thing I have been doing.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
TT's . . . meh. That's way too like you J.
It's up for suggestions because I suck at coming up with stuff like this. (ask Vandy, it took us days to come up with a hydra name xD). Soooo whatcha thinking? Though this type of convo is entirely irrelevant but I'm more chill cuz it's twilight and it's just us posting.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
yeah I want that FLIP. GIMMEE INFOZ. GIMMEEH COOKIEZ.

I am glad I had the time to talk about things at the last minute though. : D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's null. Essentially I don't find any townieness or scummieness from him this game.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Kay, thank you.

Nabe's here. =D The moment we've been waiting for. Such a long twilight.

Top Bottom