• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halloween Party Mafia ~ Over! Who drowned bobbing for apples? Who won Best Costume?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I'm confused then J. Are your vig choices inactives or people you find scummy?

Also, I don't understand the guess hate. If someone told us the correct theme all it does is change the game back to a regular mafia game. The only exception being that scum might accidently kill their team mate or something if things are left as is.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well I really do not agree to your logics Ran because I can't since they are centered around circular logic.

Alliance so far but still needs a name: Opinion on EBR. I'm having trouble with that slot, some things I can see from a town PoV but others I can see from a scum PoV. What do you think of his Soupa push? Do you think it has merit or does it seem more scummy? Right now they are resting at a solid null. From what I can gather, July/Swords, you two believe him to be scummy. I don't remember Circus'/Sang's opinion.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm confused then J. Are your vig choices inactives or people you find scummy?
Inactives. For a D1 vig, imo, it's better to have the vig target inactives in a large game. I've stated this with my choices being Yourself/Raz/Acro/Joey(but if there is a replacement actually coming in then take him off)/Swiss(who hadn't done anything till his last post). If I had a really strong scum-read however, I think I would push that vig target a bit harder then inactives like Circus is doing with the AA vig.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
If Soup dies and flips town EBR is most likely scum imo.
Dude, lawlz. Like seriously, I even brought up that point earlier w.r.t. Ducktales. xD You are like the only person who knows what I am talking about with this.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
J, tell me in a post right now why ran is town.

I don't disagree with DH being lynched looking it over, he offered nothing where as Ran is giving something.

Tell me why you picked your vig picks.

:phone:

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
@J. My opinion of EBR stands (as null leaning town that is), and I like they're posts as of late. I agree that his Soupa push is null for the moment, but I'll look at it more toMorrow.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
*totally didn't see this in another thread*

But Gova you were V/LA this entire time? From like which days because if so calling you inactive is in poor judgement.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Wednesday - Friday. I thought my roomate was moving in yesterday but turns out he stayed at a hotel so I sorta helped him move in today.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Okay Gova. Give us your opinions of the recent discussions and the DH lynch.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J, tell me in a post right now why ran is town.

I don't disagree with DH being lynched looking it over, he offered nothing where as Ran is giving something.

Tell me why you picked your vig picks.

I've done both of these numerous times heh. Let me redo it again I guess:

Ran is town because I see the intent behind his posts. He is actively trying to look up avenues and bring out information and follow his scum-picks when no one is agreeing to him nor are they listening to him. His reads are very strange and I think that's the major reason for this dislike surrounding around him which I just think is because the logic backed up behind it is bad. Is that necessarily scummy? No, it is not.

No one has fully backed up why they have believed Ran to be scummy with ample support besides Circus. Circus even dropped his pressure on Ran and now thinks of him as town because he came to realization that he thinks he is more town with flawed views on things.

Look at his conversation with me, he was trying to get more reasoning for my reads and looking for clarifications and admitting when he was wrong. He was scum-hunting on me but doing so in a not accussatory manner to make me look worse.

I also picked my vig targets because they have nothing going for them and are just coasting on through this game not doing anything helpful at the current time and are just a waste of space that need to be weeded out. I also don't have any really strong scum-reads at the current time I am willing to commit to being have vigged as I've said.

@J. My opinion of EBR stands (as null leaning town that is), and I like they're posts as of late. I agree that his Soupa push is null for the moment, but I'll look at it more toMorrow.
Aight thanks, if DH does not flip scum, who are you looking at?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Move Gova out of the vig picks for now then.

I want Raz shot then as the inactive vig. Acro can be next in line. AA meeeh if Circus really wants to push it, I really have no qualms about it but I'd rather weed out the non-existant first.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Aight thanks, if DH does not flip scum, who are you looking at?
Still gonna look into Swiss, but I'm looking into Raziek (another inactive -_- Save me), but I'll be keeping an eye on Gova and Joey as well as any other inactives.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Sang, is the reason you are looking at inactives is because you feel most of the people posting are appearing towny?

What do you think of Swiss' push on me based on his last post?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey guys. How am I super reaching? Am I always like that? ;-;

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
@J. Pretty much. I mean, nothing that anyone has done has struck me os obviously scummy but I'm keeping an eye on everyone. Although I kind of like Swiss's latest post, I still don't really understand, or particularly like, his push on you. Not that I hate it but it seems like meta and I don't like using that as a sole basis to call somebody scum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh I forgot. J, you are working on the Soup answer correct? The question relating to the quotes I asked you to give me your opinions on. (his actions etc)

If you are still working on it I am sorry and I will let you do your thing

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also give me your thoughts on a TC vig. : D

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh shnike, i totally forgot about that. Craaaaap I still gotta answer Sang's questions too.

Will do after dinner, apologies.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No problem. Thank you for clarifying. : D

asianaussie

Smash Hero
im gonna be pretty damn busy over the next 2 weeks, so my activity level will stay around where it is now, possibly peaking if i find a couple spare hours

that is, the occasional anti-prod remark and a vote with reasoning now and then

so yeah, V/LA (only one game so here is fine)

@ Ran, your claim was so far removed from mine it really confused me and i wasn't thinking very straight when i agreed with SM's proposal

circus, you're a dirk, i was the one who started the damn DH wagon, if i hadn't spoken up we probably would've lynched ran on some stupid knee-jerk...also, where did i react to anything about vigs? i honestly don't recall doing so...

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Likely inactive until Saturday morning my time - GMT.

Not read thread but ctrl+f'd my name (scumslip amirite?). Lynch me and you lose the best player in the game (debatable Ryker, debatable).

I want J, Moth and Sang dead as of my latest whims. I forget my old posts but I'm sure they're right.
While going back through posts for Ran/Sang, I found this gem. Whatever happened to that SangScum read from Swiss? He doesn't give a read on her in his catch-up post but talks to her iirc. Plus both Moth/Sang have dropped off his scum-list and got replaced with DH for what seems to be a meta reason...?

Like he seemed to want Sang dead purely because she had voted him and plus if he "ctrl+f'd" his name to find posts, he would have seen her being the person mentioning him the most. Plus I'm finding his suspicions a bit weird when looked at again. His Moth vote was because Moth disliked Swiss. Sang hate seems to stem from the dislike he is sending her. J dislike comes out of nowhere and primarily made up of meta (wrong meta at that >.>)

Let's bring up the fact that most of his post is him throwing reads out the wazoo with no reasoning behind it to support any of them.

FoS: Swiss

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
im gonna be pretty damn busy over the next 2 weeks, so my activity level will stay around where it is now, possibly peaking if i find a couple spare hours

that is, the occasional anti-prod remark and a vote with reasoning now and then

so yeah, V/LA (only one game so here is fine)

@ Ran, your claim was so far removed from mine it really confused me and i wasn't thinking very straight when i agreed with SM's proposal

circus, you're a dirk, i was the one who started the damn DH wagon, if i hadn't spoken up we probably would've lynched ran on some stupid knee-jerk...also, where did i react to anything about vigs? i honestly don't recall doing so...
Is that because you're scum? Why weren't you thinking straight?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I thought I saw mention of Sang in Swiss's catch up. Lemme re-read it

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i saw that mistake and shrugged

ebwop: your claim was so far removed from my role PM that it confused me

i was tired, i've been tired this entire week, and if you're going to try and make me out as scum due to SEMANTICS i will follow WL's lead and flip. gogdamn. tables.

i don't know WL well enough to steal his mannerisms, but meh

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Your opportunistic J.

You were calling Ran town far ahead of most people before it was fine. I do not beleive your push on EBR was sincere looks more like a waste. You vs EBR looks like TvS and I am leaning on you as scum.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

I want you to tell me if you like the tone in those quotes. I want you to tell me what you think of Soup's actions in each quote. For example, the last quote was interesting because he wasn't sure of EBR being scum, and was asking others about him without much reason in the first place. Thus why I think EBR is even much townier and on his **** THATS LEGIT.
Well kay then, let me bring up the quotes in question:

[collapse=Soupa's quotes]
Also give me your thoughts on a TC vig. : D
Nah, I'd rather have her around over all the inactives based on her posts. Plus she is just cool as hell thus far. ^^ I want mooooore though and I wish she would give me more toMorrow. Like a scum-read and who she wants to push.

Sang, most of the questions I thought about w.r.t. your reads have been answered for the most part since I was late to getting to ask them. *kicks rock and sighs*

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Your opportunistic J.

You were calling Ran town far ahead of most people before it was fine. I do not beleive your push on EBR was sincere looks more like a waste. You vs EBR looks like TvS and I am leaning on you as scum.

Opportunistic? Hmmm...I don't know how to respond to that because some of the things I have done could be construed as opportunistic but I feel I am following my own path and doing what I think is the best motion since I was late to the party. Plus I have been going against the flow of a few things.

How is timing of a read especially when it was different "not fine"? Like because I don't agree with the push, I should not have brought up that Ran was town in my opinion? Also what about the Me vs. EBR looks TvS? In fact, why do you think it looks like a waste because I don't think so at all and people were finally able to get some info out of that slot finally when they did something (a.k.a. attacking me) which helped people determine a read for themselves on that. Look at yourself, you are calling it TvS but it was still a waste? Huuuuuuh?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
RR, can you show me examples of what you are talking about me being opportunistic on things?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@Ran:

Reads from Swiss based on his catch-up post from what I can surmise are as follows:

Scum: J, DH
Dislikes: Joey, Gova, EBR
Like: TC
Town: Ran, July, Swords, AA, Swords, Moth

No mention of a Sang read nor a few others. Weird he didn't comment on Circus. So I assume Sang/Circus are null with the rest of the players like Raz/Acro/Soupa. -Minus himself cuz lol duh.

But what changed so many things for him?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Nah I wouldn't say that you were the one that started the wagon. Sure, you were the first on it, but I didn't vote DH because of your vote on him. And, although you helped us to not lynch Ran, you weren't the only one not gunning for his lynch. Not trying to be mean or anything but this just seems way defensive and I didn't really care for it just because of the wording of some of it.

@J's 546. Didn't I already say most of that, or did I just think I typed it?

Sang, most of the questions I thought about w.r.t. your reads have been answered for the most part since I was late to getting to ask them. *kicks rock and sighs*
Lol alright then. Don't hesitate to ask if you think of anything.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
you're pretty right, sang, i'm just irritated at circus right now

im coming off as defensive because circus is trying to get me vigged for...being defensive at a vig suggestion?

lol ok, im just frustrated

not in the greatest state of mind right now

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@J's 546. Didn't I already say most of that, or did I just think I typed it?
I think you just thought it because I don't remember you saying stuff about his reads being so random w.r.t. his newest post.

This game is in twilight, correct?
Yes.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Sang got the DH lynch and convinced us all onto it. That way if DH flips town, we can all blame her correct? =o hahahaha!

Top Bottom