• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halloween Bash! *50+ entrants! 30+ housed! TWO DAYS LEFT UNTIL PRE-HALLOWEEN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GawdImFoxy

Smash Journeyman
I might be able to go to this if I can get a ride.

Who wants gas money!? :D

Also, I'll need a team for Melee...

Edit: And a place to stay. :(

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
ATTN: Smashers near Atlanta Area

OK, here it is people!

I need your help! My good friend and yours, Serin needs a ride from metro Atlanta to the tournament possibly on Friday night or early Sat morning. He's coming all the way from Alabama but doesn't have a secure way to get from there to Warner Robins. I'd definitely help him out myself but I'm pretty sure I'm needed at work that saturday morning. :(

If you think you are able to help please post, send me or Serin a PM and we'll work out the details.

Thank you.

GawdImFoxy

Smash Journeyman
@TRC: Heck yes sir! I'm not a Brawl player anyway. Up for some practice maybe the night before or something? And I'm fine with coming back the same night. I'll go ahead and notify my section advisor to get permission. I'm sure he won't care. It'll be good to see you again. I put up some vidjoz of Corkscrew Blow I found on my camera, too, by the way. I wanna play that lit'l blond pest of yours! :D

Purple

Hi guys!
Alright guys, i've been meaning to post this and i find this very important to everyone.

To people who are riding to the tournament, out of kindness, tell people that on the thread.

People who need rides, ask people who have said they're driving. NOW

People who want to go who are under direct parental supervision, ask your parents now, the person giving you a ride, tell them to talk to your parents too, be professional and get these things done in advance!!!

People who are working, this is a two week advance notice for this tourney, call out two weeks in advance, you can sue for dumb **** like someone not giving you that.

Let's get this **** to work guys!! I don't want no bull**** i don't have a ride, we all should be able to make it here!!! >:/

and go out of your way guys, don't be stingy, alot of us have gas money, just be direct about it.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Alright guys, i've been meaning to post this and i find this very important to everyone.

To people who are riding to the tournament, out of kindness, tell people that on the thread.

People who need rides, ask people who have said they're driving. NOW

People who want to go who are under direct parental supervision, ask your parents now, the person giving you a ride, tell them to talk to your parents too, be professional and get these things done in advance!!!

People who are working, this is a two week advance notice for this tourney, call out two weeks in advance, you can sue for dumb **** like someone not giving you that.

Let's get this **** to work guys!! I don't want no bull**** i don't have a ride, we all should be able to make it here!!! >:/

and go out of your way guys, don't be stingy, alot of us have gas money, just be direct about it.
Everything failed me =''''''(

Purple

Hi guys!
Hopefully I can get my money soon enough so I can buy my plane ticket to go to this.
legit, where do you work anyways DJN?

Another updatel there is housing for friday, we're having a pre-halloween party at the venue then, this is completely different from the tournament itself, maybe we can have a costume party and contest then? :o

Bloshi

Smash Ace
There is a good chance I will show up at this. Probably for Melee only, but I may come Saturday and hang out or something. I will have more details later this week on when I would be driving if I do come. I will probably bring a setup.

Purple

Hi guys!
There is a good chance I will show up at this. Probably for Melee only, but I may come Saturday and hang out or something. I will have more details later this week on when I would be driving if I do come. I will probably bring a setup.
sounsd great, upon thinking about it i need to make tags for people who decide to sign up

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
legit, where do you work anyways DJN?

Another updatel there is housing for friday, we're having a pre-halloween party at the venue then, this is completely different from the tournament itself, maybe we can have a costume party and contest then? :o
I used to work at M&M's World in Times Square. There's only three M&M World stores in the whole world. I'm just waiting to start receiving my unemployment now.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Bloooshi! Been a long time since I saw that sexy Yoshi playing. hope you make it.

and yeah Foxy I'll PM you hold on

Purple

Hi guys!
I used to work at M&M's World in Times Square. There's only three M&M World stores in the whole world. I'm just waiting to start receiving my unemployment now.
oh lawd XD

another update written in a form of points,

1) the tournament incentive is only for brawl (400 dollars altogether)

2) just talked to venue owner, there is a yugioh sneak preview for some new set of cards, so a medium sized tournament is going to be ran today, with enough brawl setups, this shouldn't be a problem for the tournament itself

3) we have 6 tvs available here, only two full setups though, so PLEASE bring setups, it will be cramped, i'm going t have to admit that now.

4) because of the crampage, we're going to be extra strict on matches and reporting results

5) housing is legally only 30 people at the venue, remember that, this is on a first come first serve basis, chances are alabama, tn, florida, and TX will be getting the spots, but PLEASE RESERVE THE SPOTS here!!!

6) melee will not be having the sneak preview, therefore they'll have the full area, (only plus from what i see for the melee tournament)

7) people who want to come to the venue earlier, as in the next day mid afternoon early, can do so. the place will be open for housing.

8) we're juggling whether or not we should buy pizza or not, if you guys want it then so be it. If not then well.. we won't o_o. there are waba-esque snacks if anyone has been to waba before, there are also drinks (like POWERTHIRST.. no seriously, powerthirst is here).

9) starting time from what i'm concerned is 12 am, so i definately recommend everyone get here the day before by the way, so make sure we get finished and don't have to wait on anyone

PB&J

Smash Hero
jamal..when u first told me about this tourny..u told me that melee will have bonus and im like ..good i can get people to come from oos..like alot of people like m2k colbol,hbox,scar,djn, jman,hax,uuaa,frames,legion,shiz, and more

all of these people i talked into coming for melee, but now that u have changed it im sure only a few would come now...lol..i love ga

guess i have to find another venue or something

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
im with him, chaz, galeon, flatsodays, and i THINK brianna...

i love 12 hours longs 6 person car rides. at least i'll be driving some of the time...

Purple

Hi guys!
jamal..when u first told me about this tourny..u told me that melee will have bonus and im like ..good i can get people to come from oos..like alot of people like m2k colbol,hbox,scar,djn, jman,hax,uuaa,frames,legion,shiz, and more

all of these people i talked into coming for melee, but now that u have changed it im sure only a few would come now...lol..i love ga

guess i have to find another venue or something
You got 200 dollars to spare on this? I honestly don't have money like that at this point. This was a brawl tournament to start off and it's what got the initial hype. If you're making this a big tournament, it's going to be a big tournament regardless. in the end, 50 dollars each isn't huge. I just needed that push because we don't have brawl tournaments here. I told you, the out of state incentive is for brawl, and the in-state incentive is also for brawl. that's why i'm re-pointing it so no one's coming here expecting money and are shown something differently.

seibrik, consider yourselves taken care of.

bigman40

Smash Master
Hype?

10gethyped

Edit: I really wanna show up at the place Friday cause I don't want to be driving in the morning and back at night after the tourney. If I could, I want to stay at the venue with my friends (Deo, AKF, Final, and possibly another). We'll probably bring full setups (1 tv and another setups w/o 1 tv). So yeah....

Purple

Hi guys!
Hype?

10gethyped

Edit: I really wanna show up at the place Friday cause I don't want to be driving in the morning and back at night after the tourney. If I could, I want to stay at the venue with my friends (Deo, AKF, Final, and possibly another). We'll probably bring full setups (1 tv and another setups w/o 1 tv). So yeah....
i'll put your name in, but OoS gets priority, so if there's less than 30 OoS on thursday, you can come :)

PB&J

Smash Hero
there are less melee tournies in the first place...and most of the people thought there was bonus pot..if they come they come

or u can just put 200 in brawl and 200 in melee

Purple

Hi guys!
there are less melee tournies in the first place...and most of the people thought there was bonus pot..if they come they come

or u can just put 200 in brawl and 200 in melee
you do understand that this is a brawl tourney initially correct? brawl has shown more hype, the money is not leaving brawl.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
lol at trying to add more money to melee when like not even 10 are showing up for it??

it still fun to play though of course..

My controller from play N trade finally arrived :-)

Purple

Hi guys!
lol at trying to add more money to melee when like not even 10 are showing up for it??

it still fun to play though of course..

My controller from play N trade finally arrived :-)
as much as i want to believe pbnj

skaterbaj is pretty legit right about now.

PB&J

Smash Hero
no he isnt..do u know how many people i get to come to tournies..to4 darkrain and his crew.. and fl

to5-m2k,djn , and some new floridians

gigabits-scar,djn,shiz, and ga to go

halloween bash( before the bonus pot was taken out) i had all of tri sate fl, and possible darkrain to come

and to be detailed..colbol,hbox,m2k,uuaa, frames, shiz,djn,g$,jman,hax, and more

all of the these people i talked them personally ..looked for plane tickets and all of them were intersetd plus ga are coming.

saying melee wouldnt have more than 10 is dumb

maybe before but know one knew about it..and now we do

colbol already posted in the thread and so did others.

melee is just as big as brawl in ga now possibly bigger due to smash or die and other waba game tounries

lets have both games treated equally.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
u shoukd split the the garanteed pot for both its dumb not to if u expan both communities btoh will grow and u can make money off both games its dumb to focus on one game wen u can get twicve the money off both

Purple

Hi guys!
no he isnt..do u know how many people i get to come to tournies..to4 darkrain and his crew.. and fl

to5-m2k,djn , and some new floridians

gigabits-scar,djn,shiz, and ga to go

halloween bash( before the bonus pot was taken out) i had all of tri sate fl, and possible darkrain to come

and to be detailed..colbol,hbox,m2k,uuaa, frames, shiz,djn,g$,jman,hax, and more

all of the these people i talked them personally ..looked for plane tickets and all of them were intersetd plus ga are coming.

saying melee wouldnt have more than 10 is dumb

maybe before but know one knew about it..and now we do

colbol already posted in the thread and so did others.

melee is just as big as brawl in ga now possibly bigger due to smash or die and other waba game tounries

lets have both games treated equally.
Why is it none of these people posted? Except for colbol and floridians.

If there is 45+ people in there for melee too, then hell, i'll give 200 bucks to that, but otherwise no. I have no reason to treat this evenly unless there is even amounts of people.

Looking for plane tickets? Or have plane tickets, you realize this tournament is two weeks away right? I can't be coming into a tournament holdin benjimans and adding money into the pot, for a tourney that does not have enough to break even. All i see from you is a bunch of probablies.

I like how you're making it seem like you're the hype man of all of the atlantic south, tell them to **** post here not just say soemthing and hear them say "oh that's cool, i'll be there". I need to see results from darkrain, shiz, etc. etc. I talked to sebrik day 1, and all those people he said were coming? Actually posted! Huzzah!

Like i said in the beginning, since this is probably what you actually want to hear, you get a list of 45 people, right here, on the forum, that are willing to go, and get some more people to post, and i will give the 200 incentive to melee (btw, the 400 for brawl stands).

But, you have nothing but some high names, quality is not over quantity in this tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom