• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halloween Bash! *50+ entrants! 30+ housed! TWO DAYS LEFT UNTIL PRE-HALLOWEEN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
fl is still coming lol and oos players lik dj and scar are going. we just got m2k to go lol we literalyl jutst told him to go. its dumb to focus on one game. at least put in 100 bucks for melee its so dumb people need to think. its about making both community big

Purple

Hi guys!
i don't think im coming anymore
what happened?

@lambchops - i'll put the money in my pocket, but put emphasis on this, if melee doesn't have 45+, actually, i'll make it 35+, if melee doesn't have 35+, 200 dollars won't be added.

You're lucky you added the smash community phrase in there. I wouldn't have done it. This is primarily a melee tourney and i kind of want to get a car so i don't have to bum rides from mike G TT_TT

Life After Death

Smash Champion
making both communinty big makes both community bigger. the more players play brawl and get good at brawl they are more liekly to wanna play melee also. melee players also play brawl like seibirk he's going for both melee and brawl this tourney

Purple

Hi guys!
people don't play melee because they're good at brawl. They play it because they just want to learn it. If they don't want to play melee, they'll just keep playing brawl and getting smarter.

but i told you what was up, bring 35 people, you'll get 200 for the pot.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
yea they do lol u got alot to learn about the mentality of a pro. but wat do i know im just a random *** talking crap out of my ***.... idc im moving up north so i rather just make the community up there good since the mentality is not as bad ga.

Purple

Hi guys!
Jamaal...thanks.

I know how it is.

See you at thisssssssss ^_^

Chops..."people" =/= "pros"

Not everyone thinks like that.
I mean, you got what you wanted, i don't see what the problem is chops, there's just an exception to it..

The melee community is doing fine, they have regional tournaments here, you guys just had TO5. I'm doing this tournament so brawl can get big in GA again, that's all i'm trying to do. Make brawl big again, it's big in florida, big in alabama, big in TX, not in GA. Don't make this something about melee, melee is doing just fine, and pbnj said it himself, and considering he's part of the melee community he knows better than I.

"melee is just as big as brawl in ga now possibly bigger due to smash or die and other waba game tounries"

let me get the brawl tournament set up, FOR BRAWL, first. Melee is there so that melee people don't ***** about me having this tourney be only brawl. Not melee people are *****ing about incentive.

Chances are you'll start to ***** about being on a sunday later on this week..

I can't do something charitable for one community without another community wanting it? O_O

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
If anybody I have a money match with isn't coming on Sunday, then I am afraid I won't be able to MM you. I'll only be up there for Sunday. Stuff for the School Anime Club.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
I mean, you got what you wanted, i don't see what the problem is chops, there's just an exception to it..

The melee community is doing fine, they have regional tournaments here, you guys just had TO5. I'm doing this tournament so brawl can get big in GA again, that's all i'm trying to do. Make brawl big again, it's big in florida, big in alabama, big in TX, not in GA. Don't make this something about melee, melee is doing just fine, and pbnj said it himself, and considering he's part of the melee community he knows better than I.

"melee is just as big as brawl in ga now possibly bigger due to smash or die and other waba game tounries"

let me get the brawl tournament set up, FOR BRAWL, first. Melee is there so that melee people don't ***** about me having this tourney be only brawl. Not melee people are *****ing about incentive.

I can't do something charitable for one community without another community wanting it? O_O
i aint b*tching **** ***** dont put words in my mouth son i aint no ga smasher lol i dont have that type of crappy mentality

toasty i know wat u meant

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
right so anyway this tournament's gonna be DOPE.

seems like a lot of awesome people are interested in this.

You say the place is kinda small and will be cramped, eh?

**** :(

Fullmetal - are you going to this?

I think we should [and I'll help] snag some of your TVs for this, maybe?

It would be great to have more setups =D

Purple

Hi guys!
bring setups ^O^, the more setups you bring, the more chance the tuornament will be over quick and we'll get more time for friendliiiies.

Player-1

Smash Legend
highly probable that i will come
****, i gotta get to this so I can show everyone how mk sucks, and that people should be focusing on banning luigi >=(

I've been wondering this for a while, and I'm probably ignorant on the subject, but why can't both the brawl and melee community actually work together more and try to get both communities better in GA? I mean, I don't see any downside to having brawl at TO for melee, you'll probably get more people to enter melee by featuring brawl. I'm just saying that if the big melee event in georgia and help the brawl community then big brawl events can do the same.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Because, brawl sux and melee players want people to play a better game instead of one that makes people fall asleep while playing it

or so i hear

Purple

Hi guys!
I've been wondering this for a while, and I'm probably ignorant on the subject, but why can't both the brawl and melee community actually work together more and try to get both communities better in GA? I mean, I don't see any downside to having brawl at TO for melee, you'll probably get more people to enter melee by featuring brawl. I'm just saying that if the big melee event in georgia and help the brawl community then big brawl events can do the same.
all spamming aside, it's because they're two different games, that's about it, and everyone's so sure they're game is the best, they bicker towards one another.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Chops, lay off the pressure.

same goes for anyone else doing it. Some of the things in this tourney are out of the TO's power. Jamaal is trying his best to accommodate both communities.

PB&J

Smash Hero
my predictions-

m2k is coming..im not surprised

more brawl kids come, but wait ..i heard m2k plays melee too

more melee people come..

what

melee and brawl tourny in ga and colbol and m2k will be there plus seibrik from sfl and possibly shiz..

oh i heard djn is coming..man i love that guys commentary plus hes a beast in melee..i have to meet him

omg...jman,hax, scar , and g $ want to come too..this will be epic

ga players- im def going to this its only 2 hours away from me

more ga players from a far- this is not that far..man i need a ride to this..time to post in the thread and ask..articanus,carter, and more

fl players- hey i heard frames was driving here..whos all in his car..colbol,uuaa,and legion

so on and so on

i dont want to be called hype man but i think its easy to get any player to tournies ..u just need to explain to them how epic it will be and pot size

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I already told dem Savannah GA boys I'll come pick ya up (well, two of you, cause SC car has 3 people in it...) for Melee-day only and be back that night.

very excited about this. haven't been to a sexy GA tourney in a long time (February!?)

BBQ°

Smash Champion
PB&J is right. I really thought there wasn't going to be anything for Melee but I think I'm going to try my hardest to be there now that all of those OoS people are going.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
right so anyway this tournament's gonna be DOPE.

seems like a lot of awesome people are interested in this.

You say the place is kinda small and will be cramped, eh?

**** :(

Fullmetal - are you going to this?

I think we should [and I'll help] snag some of your TVs for this, maybe?

It would be great to have more setups =D
I'm planning on going to this, Toasty. I'm willing to bring a few setups, but on the condition that they are melee only, regardless. =)

All the melee/brawl arguing is stupid- ALL FINAL DECISIONS ARE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE TOURNAMENT ORGANIZER FOR HIS/HER TOURNAMENT.
If Jamaal wants this to be mainly brawl, let it be so.
And if the melee community doesn't like it, lets host our own seperate tournament on the same day.

Its that simple. Of course I want the extra money in melee, and I think turnout will be good enough to warrant it, but its up to Jamaal to make his tournament as good or as bad as he wants it to be.

Let him sink or swim, Evan.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i want to go now but im not allowed

]: it wasnt biglous fault though my dad said i couldnt go at all lul

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hm...I might actually be going to this.

We'll see as it gets closer, though if I do go I'll be bringing a full car :O

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Well since p-1 and p-3 aren't going it's more then likely i will be staying for melee day.

Hm...I might actually be going to this.

We'll see as it gets closer, though if I do go I'll be bringing a full car :O
You should come and we can talk more luigi =)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Biglou we should play more =D

I think our friendlies got tourney-canceled at SoD?

I MIGHT be going to Florida the night before for a maaad impromptu trip to see some SoVa buddies for a night in Orlando...

so I'll be very tired for this @_@

I might have to sleep during/miss doubles :(

Purple

Hi guys!
I want to clear something up to everyone here.

This was made to be a brawl tournament, it's whole purpose was to bring brawl back to georgia, we constantly go OoS, but no players come here. That's why i had to put so much money in to get results, because it was seriously needed, now people are actually showing interest in ga to play brawl.

Alpha asked was there melee, and for him and others, i made this a dual game tournament, melee and brawl, when i could've otherwise just chilled at home that day, or made some money at work.

(this was me catering to the melee kids, just so you know.)

So pbnj and chops, just because you're not given equal treatment, doesn't mean i'm not catering to your kind. Get over it.

In fact, i even catered to you MORE, by saying "if you bring in 35+ people, i'll put in the 200 bucks".

Just understand this ISN'T for melee, it's for brawl primarily, brawl will get priority at this tournament. As much as I love the melee community, i don't have to cater to you. I'm sure FMTL loves the brawl community (or a few of them), but he doesn't have to cater to them in his Tipped Off 5 tournaments, and the brawl players get over it.

This is the last i want to hear about this.. If anyone and i mean ANYONE responds to this with more arguing or bickering, i'm reporting it..

On a sidenote: PbnJ the reason you thought there was melee incentive was because steak n shake i said "BJ the owner MIGHT be doing melee incentive, but i'm only putting money in for brawl" You went off of a maybe, which is always a problem. Just a heads up. Once again though, don't respond.

PB&J

Smash Hero
thats not what u said but its okay

and im going to laugh when melee has the same turn out as brawl or possibly more

i always the the ga smash community was different than most states about showing up to tournies and other stuff and the bralw community in ga seems to have it worse

yes this will have a good turn out in brawl , but im positve it wont revive the bralw scene in ga because of the mentality in general

im not arguing ..im just saying how i feel..just look at genesis there were so many brawl kids there but when the matches started to be on the big screen in melee they literaly paused winners finals just to watch melee..out of respect for the game and how much they love it

so y not treat games equally.. and im not even talking about the bonus money either

on a side note

who wants to do draft crews here..it will be ****

Life After Death

Smash Champion
I want to clear something up to everyone here.

This was made to be a brawl tournament, it's whole purpose was to bring brawl back to georgia, we constantly go OoS, but no players come here. That's why i had to put so much money in to get results, because it was seriously needed, now people are actually showing interest in ga to play brawl.

Alpha asked was there melee, and for him and others, i made this a dual game tournament, melee and brawl, when i could've otherwise just chilled at home that day, or made some money at work.

(this was me catering to the melee kids, just so you know.)

So pbnj and chops, just because you're not given equal treatment, doesn't mean i'm not catering to your kind. Get over it.

In fact, i even catered to you MORE, by saying "if you bring in 35+ people, i'll put in the 200 bucks".

Just understand this ISN'T for melee, it's for brawl primarily, brawl will get priority at this tournament. As much as I love the melee community, i don't have to cater to you. I'm sure FMTL loves the brawl community (or a few of them), but he doesn't have to cater to them in his Tipped Off 5 tournaments, and the brawl players get over it.

This is the last i want to hear about this.. If anyone and i mean ANYONE responds to this with more arguing or bickering, i'm reporting it..

On a sidenote: PbnJ the reason you thought there was melee incentive was because steak n shake i said "BJ the owner MIGHT be doing melee incentive, but i'm only putting money in for brawl" You went off of a maybe, which is always a problem. Just a heads up. Once again though, don't respond.
get my name out of ur post and mind lol idc if u dont money for melee im not stressin over it im still gonnna go and I WONT CARE.... i wasnt making a big deal out of it i was just giving out advice. *** outa here wit that "get over it" garbage kid get at me. im not one of those melee players that complain about brawl lol

GawdImFoxy

Smash Journeyman
I'm down for some draft crews, PBnJ.

To the TO, I'll be able to bring set-ups as well, so long as it's okay with TRC. Probably even a recording set-up, so long as it's used for Melee only. (<3 Fullmetal)

That Pink TV is comin' with us hopefully!

Furthermore, I'll be playing Melee only, and you said to point that out, so I am. :)

This should be a good time.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Chops is my lol. I can't wait till you start living with me. I know that sounds mad gay but its just love since we're cousins. Team Tomahawk all day =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom