• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Half Life: Full Life Consequences Mafia - Game Over - Who Won?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
For somebody so hellbent concerned about mislynches you sure are intent on lynching people for being null, Xonar.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Xonar you liar you said I had two posts left and voted me after one!

Kantrip

Kantplay
@Xonar: Self preservation? You mean like when you said doc should be on you? :troll:

No but really I see what you mean there I think. Stuff like not putting oneself out there for anything? I guess indy players want mafia to leave them alive until endgame but also want town to leave them alive until endgame, so they'll be very middle-of-the-pack. In that case, it doesn't make sense that you're jumping on marshy and Glyph. You'll have to explain why being a literal non-presence matches up with indy intent of being self-preservational.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
What points to town then? lol

is he supernull for you? is he of any use for you? seriously ****ing gorf give me one reason not to lynch this guy

ee u dum

being non-presence means the scum has no reason to kill you (survival in the night) and its hard to lynch someone because he is inactive because THERE IS NO CONTENT TO LYNCH THEM OFF OF (survival in the day)

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
EE can't be indy cuz he was jailed N1 and there was abduction.
EE can't be scum.

Gorf is probably not scum or indy, as he doesn't join Glyph or Marshy at any point.

I'm not scum or indy.

That means scum/indy is between marshy/glyph/kantrip, ultimately i'd be down with either of those three.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
No he's actually kinda leaning town, the way he's playing this game is reminding me of the way I like to play and I'm feeling pretty good about em atm. Kantrip on the other hand has been totally stanceless, and is going out of his way even now to be as middle grounded and self preserving and whatnot.

Oh in that case wanna be on Kantrip with us, but ya know in spirit since he's at L-2?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
EE can't be indy cuz he was jailed N1 and there was abduction.
EE can't be scum.

Gorf is probably not scum or indy, as he doesn't join Glyph or Marshy at any point.

I'm not scum or indy.

That means scum/indy is between marshy/glyph/kantrip, ultimately i'd be down with either of those three.
I'm pointing things out! Yay mafia games!

Kantrip

Kantplay
But what makes Glyph's form of non-presence worse than marshy's or mine?

I think disliking my slot would have made the most sense, because as Gorf said I have been around in other places and as evident I am here when mentioned. I just don't see what's making you go after Glyph at this juncture.

On the other hand, the sample play you're citing as indy play only makes sense for people who would normally be threatened by a NK. The only time scum has ever shot at me was when I fake soft-claimed doc in Majora's Mask.

Xonar, you've kind of been disorganized all game. Your RVS was all over the place, with starting up crazy wagons, pretending to be a cop, pretending to be a double voter, switching your wagon around, asking a bunch of people for stuff, and then throwing out fake stances for reactions everywhere. I personally feel like you didn't really use that stuff in the end, either. And now, you're doing calculations like crazy (yet they're all incorrect as far as I've seen. You're trying to pass off NLing as a valid response by saying if we don't NL we'll ML, which is not true at all). Then you reversed that thought and suddenly you're down with any of Kantrip/Marshy/Glyph from wanting to NL. I don't know why you've been so... everywhere....

**** that's the kind of stuff I do isn't it?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Wait what the hell does 'not joining Glyph or Marshy' even mean

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Hey I didn't join those either, and neither did Marshy. Horray, we're town!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
guys why does taco bell always induce a #2 within two hours or so that feels like you've been on a deserted island eating nothing but coconut and haven't **** in like a month

EVERY TIME

I think taco bell might be scum

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
So yo kanty where you at son. I came back before finishing my school readin' because I believed in you so bad. Your posters said that I would believe that a man could fly.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Actually I might be mixing Kanty up with Richard Donner's Superman: The Movie.

Regardless. [ b]Vote: Kantrip[/ b] is on my clipboard. Just sayin'.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Yo Gmoney. Serious question here. Would you say that combines aiming their lasers is an occurrence that has led you to tragedy in your life?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Glyph is not mafia either. He is either the abductor or EXTREMELY lazy town.

That feel when you press backspace and it takes you back a page, leaving your typed up post to fade away forever. Not like it was giant in the first place but here goes the abbreviated version.

EE's meta from Bebop is correct. BUT I heavily disagree with that it still applies to him as a player. And when I disagree with that, then I suddenly find myself disagreeing with nearly all of EE's case since its built around 'this is how Werekill SHOULD be acting as town'.

Big thing I'm concerned with is looking at Werekill outside of the game (especially in regards to EE in the GMT and his attitude towards mafia). The GMT thing I won't delve into beyond the fact that Werekill being on edge towards people is not something that is even remotely unlikely. Add that on top of the fact that he already pretty much quit mafia once, and you've got a recipe for someone who's going to be preposterously defensive as town. Hell, I'd even say he would have been more likely to fighter harder and longer before the replacement if he were scum since he'd have allies to ***** to and to keep him focused.

I don't like the Werekill lynch. Yes we would get connections or whatever, but he's a pretty hard core town read for me once you look at the big picture instead of just ingame.
Alright, looking at this first chunk. Glyph has not done anything up until he jumps into the game and he's defending from the Werekill wagon. I can understand mistakenly having a town read on WK, but I can't understand having SUCH a strong townread that you are willing to not only discredit the cases against him, but INCRIMINATE the person who MADE the case based on your opinion of it being wrong. Glyph's townread on Werekill is causing him to stick his neck out almost as far as Chibo did for John in a Moderator Mafia. Chibo was town in that game, while John was scum. Similar scenario. I HIGHLY doubt that Glyph is mafia based on this defense. Werekill was NOT an essential scum role, and he is not the kind of player you'd stick your neck out for. If anything, he's the kind of player you'd bus and sacrifice - at least when he's dug himself this much of a grave he is.

God that took forever to read this **** and then get this post written twice and I am just burned out on mafia. Yeah I know that if I really want to stop this Werekill wagon I'm going to have to find a new target, and I will get on that as soon as I can muster up the willpower to get back on board.
Glyph acts in a way that suggests he firmly believes Werekill is town, but that he doesn't have the effort to fully derail the lynch. This is the kind of thing one would expect from scum who is going for townie points upon a mislynch without derailing it. The strange thing about this is that Werekill actually IS scum, so that behaviour would make ZERO sense. Well then, that means Glyph really believes that Werekill is town. Here are the scenarios:

Town Glyph actually makes an effort to derail the "mislynch" because he has such a firm opinion that it will be a mislynch.

Indy Glyph goes for townie points upon the "mislynch" happening by strongly opposing it but making no effort to derail it.

Scum Glyph doesn't fit in this scenario because he would know it wasn't actually a mislynch and his behaviour would have been different.

This means we're either dealing with indy Glyph or lazy town Glyph. Either is a reasonable possibility.

EE I can see the validity in what you're saying, I just don't think its going to yield the scum flip you're expecting.

I'm not sure I understand the question, but if he DOES flip scum he's effectively confirmed the two strongest players in the game as town (or rather, not the same alignment as he is). Otherwise, he would have been able to legally contact both of you and talk about whatever the hell he wanted to in regards to the game.

And that is bad news for scum. Not just bad news, but like catastrophically bad news. Bad enough that even if he was going crazy from the pressure I don't think he'd try it as scum since it would **** over his whole faction in the biggest way.
Glyph has reasons for his townread on Werekill, as strange as they are. They're making assumptions that Werekill is considering his faction over his personal feelings towards his play, but they're still reasons.

Wow I expected another 12 pages to read but there was only like 3. Was hoping someone would do something that would jump out at me but surprise surprise everything looks pretty okay and I really am not invested enough in this game to read back much of anything.

S2 lynch is fine I guess
In the end Glyph submits and gives in to the lynch, but he never actually wants it. His reasoning is:

What changed is the fact that I don't have the energy or the material to work with to change the lynch. I still think Sold2 is probably town, but won't stand in the way of the game without a better solution to offer
I actually buy this. It's still a toss-up as to whether Glyph is town or indy, but as I said earlier, he is not mafia.

The Not Mafia List so far:
-Evil Eye
-marshy
-Glyph

(Maybe Xonar. I'm actually not sure on this for the strangest reason: Why didn't Werekill message Xonar, as well? He was asking good players for advice, right? Does he not see Xonar as a good player? This is dumb FUD and I'll drop it, but it still made me waver on Xonar. Coupled with the fact that I don't like Xonar's direction all game, I'm not excluding him from scum speculation anymore.)

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
EE, no.

Werekill I know talks to EE on AIM a lot, and I'm not surprised by the Ryker PM either. I don't thing Xonar and Werekill have ever spoken outside of mafia

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh okay. I'll side with thinking his reactions with Xonar are too much for Werekill to have faked.

I really don't feel like doing my Gorf read right now, and other than that I'd just need to do Soup and WL in the event that they come back.

What are other people's read on Gorf in the meantime? If one of WL or Soup is mafia then we really need to find the abductor, and I don't think Gorf is it. Basically for me (before my reads of the last 3 players I need) I have:

Mafia pool: Soup, Gorf, WashedLaundry

Abductor pool: Glyph, Xonar, marshy

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Coupled with the fact that I don't like Xonar's direction all game, I'm not excluding him from scum speculation anymore.
Tell me more, baby.

All I'm seeing is you trying to reduce the credit of someone who is active and speaking his mind, which is a basic scum trick that I've seen you pull more often. So, hit me.

Kantrip

Kantplay
By direction I mean that I don't like the things you've been spending your time on. For example, in RVS I think you lacked direction. You were all over the place with your methods. Then you had some time of not doing much of anything then you come back in here spewing math calculations everywhere about why we should NL. The whole premise of that opinion was flawed since you assumed that lynching toDay = a mislynch and that NLing would be better in all regards. The point is that I think you were going in a bad direction again by running flawed numbers instead of finding scum to lynch. It's enough to put you at null just because I don't like what you're spending your time on.

I'm intrigued at how this is a basic scum trick that you've seen from me before, seeing as I've only had one scum game in Awkward Moments that you weren't involved in. Have you read that game, or are you getting me confused for someone else? Perhaps you've seen me do it as town? -shrug-

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Just believe me, I've seen you do it as scum.

Dem math calcs. Yeah, terrible, but at least I realized it on time. I can see how you can call it a bad direction, but I was quick enough to see how it held no merit >_>
My day1 play having no direction is also bull and ****.

Either way, I've been inactive because, welp, day2 and day3 hardly existed. My preferable targets were pushed so I had nothing to do.

Is it weird that I'm not raising my voice once everything is going according to how I want it?
Also, I have yet to hear you about my intent. Give me some more, baby. Null ain't gonna cut it at this point.

Kantrip

Kantplay
But you're not a scumpick of mine.... I moved you from "town" to "I'll look at them", ergo "not removing you from scum speculation anymore."

Kantrip

Kantplay
Also I'm not pinning you for doing nothing D2-D3. Seriously you're trying to get me to make a case on you or something.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Stop avoiding the issue at hand. You've yet to give me some commitment to anything here.

The only thing I hear is null this null that. Welp, I posted a lot, so there have to be factors that you're weighing against each other. Tell me about them.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Oh okay. I'll side with thinking his reactions with Xonar are too much for Werekill to have faked.

I really don't feel like doing my Gorf read right now, and other than that I'd just need to do Soup and WL in the event that they come back.

What are other people's read on Gorf in the meantime? If one of WL or Soup is mafia then we really need to find the abductor, and I don't think Gorf is it. Basically for me (before my reads of the last 3 players I need) I have:

Mafia pool: Soup, Gorf, WashedLaundry

Abductor pool: Glyph, Xonar, marshy

elaborate plz

Kantrip

Kantplay
K well, your interactions with Werekill are legit and I doubt Werekill could have faked it with how **** on he was getting. I sincerely doubt you are mafia from that alone and it's enough for me.

Your intent with your calculations was sincere, as was your intent with your RVS phase. I see the things you got out of the latter, and trying to BS the former is not something that anyone would do. The flaws were so glaring that it is pretty clear it was a mistake on your part. In all honesty, I see nothing wrong with your play EXCEPT for, as I said, I think you've been in the wrong places. To me, that could be an indy's way of appearing to be active without posing as a threat to either faction.

You are NOT mafia. You are LIKELY town. I am not EXCLUDING you from being a possible indy. This is as solid a stance as I can give you, and the reasoning really is above. What more are you asking of me?

Top Bottom