• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

H2YL Presents: Resurrection Biweeklies w/ H2YL challenge! ARRIVE BY 1 FOR TEAMS

chillindude829

Smash Master
H2YL Presents
RESURRECTION Biweeklies
Next: May 7, 2011

Welcome everyone to H2YL's next series of tournaments. The title is a not so subtle reference to us reviving the MD/VA melee scene. Azen, Chu and myself have all been playing Melee more actively and are eager to regain our top form; however, MD/VA has also fallen from its graces along with H2YL so we aim to bring you guys back to the top with us.

Sypher do you wanna make this a circuit event or w/e

VENUE
CyberGround Internet Cafe
http://www.cyberground.us/
8630 Lee Hwy Suite G
Fairfax, VA 22031

Conveniently located about 10 minutes down the street from Syphers, so if you make it to a Sypher's, you can make it here

ENTRY FEES
$5 Venue fee
$5 Singles
$5 Doubles
NOTE: If this becomes a circuit event, the doubles/singles entry may go up to $10 apiece as per the circuit standards
Bringing a full setup will get your venue fee waived completely, bringing a TV alone will be $3 off

SCHEDULE
Date: Saturday, May 7, 2011
12 noon - Arrival
1 PM - Doubles begins
3 PM - Singles begins
7 PM - Wrapup
Note: we may be able to keep playing friendlies past 7 but the tourney should be pretty much done by then

and of course...
The H2YL Challenge
This is a little incentive to not only give you guys a chance to play "serious" matches against me, Chu and Azen, but also another chance to waive your venue fee.

Pay $1 to play Chu, Azen and I in a row (and the order is your choice) until you lose. If you beat all 3 of us in a row (single matches not sets), your venue fee for the tourney will be waived/refunded completely. Otherwise we keep your dollar :p

In response to a certain complaint, please note that the only reason this challenge costs money is to help offset the loss of venue fee in case someone does win. We're not trying to make money off people from this, its a dollar lol

lemme know what u guys think of that idea lol and post up if ur comin lets get md/va melee back on track!

CONTACT
Heres my phone number for contact purposes, please only contact me for tourney-related questions
703-861-2986

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
**** yes the first chance i get i'm going to md/va to play w/ old school and their **** new school (redd and some others i think)

Bones0

Smash Legend
Chillin originally posted it in the Atlantic North regional board, so everyone commented on it when it was there. Then it got locked and he had to remake it in Tournament Listings.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Chillin originally posted it in the Atlantic North regional board, so everyone commented on it when it was there. Then it got locked and he had to remake it in Tournament Listings.
I know but no one is posting still =(

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Ha Ha You Lose is an MD/VA Smash crew that consists of Chillin, Azen, & Chu Dat

...right? o.o

Bones0

Smash Legend
False!

H2YL is short for Hindrance To Young Links. It is a crew dedicated to the proliferation of anti-Young Link game play and the advancement of the metagame in opposition to all of his camping tactics. For more details, visit www.smashboards.com/LaijinIsFree, or call them toll free at 1-800-BAD-MILK.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Awesome Jaguar was talking to me at CG awhile back about this happening.

Good **** hope I can hit these up.

You guys planning on having random casual sessions sometime?

chillindude829

Smash Master
kaffei my guess is people are focused on sypher's since its gonna be fairly big. soon as thats over im thinking this thread will see more activity

whos coming to this from MD?

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Re-sub as well lol.

I'm bringing a setup, so I guess there's not much of a point in doing the challenge LOL maybe if I win I get $2 or some ****.

chillindude829

Smash Master
lmao **** that

u get bragging rights. but if u bring a setup u dont have to pay to do the challenge

edit: i put this in the event info as well but just to let everyone know the only reason we're charging money for the challenge period is to help offset the loss of venue fee if someone wins. we dont want to hurt the venue just because of a side event, and besides its just a dollar

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
lmao **** that

u get bragging rights. but if u bring a setup u dont have to pay to do the challenge

edit: i put this in the event info as well but just to let everyone know the only reason we're charging money for the challenge period is to help offset the loss of venue fee if someone wins. we dont want to hurt the venue just because of a side event, and besides its just a dollar
That's true, I understand. Luckily I think you guys will end up not losing money LOL.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
I can bring up to 4 setups if you need me to Chillin let me know. :D

Also any chance of 3s/MVC3 happening?! :D

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Will you actually be going to this, though? LOL.
:(

Yes... stuff came up with a girl that I have been trying to hang out with for awhile xD

Now I am free this weekend and I know where CG is so no worries see you guys there. :D

Haha im so hype to go 0-2.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
We have people out of VA coming to this?

Damn I am already jealous of you guys VA almost never gets people out of state for SF tournaments other then MD. xP

BigWenz

Smash Ace
out of curiosity do u have to pay venue fee if ur not entering anything? not sure if i feel like entering for a while after this past weekend in which i could not have cared less bout my matches. I kinda wanna come to just chill and play friendlies but not sure yet.

chillindude829

Smash Master
no you dont, but i do ask that if u dont plan on entering then u do somethin to try to help the tourney, i know thats kinda vague but in ur case bigwenz if u gave some ppl a ride then that would be perfect

so yeah, technically you can come spectate/play friendlies for free but just because of time/space constraints i do ask that if you do that, try to bring a setup or give some ppl a ride just for the tourney's sake

BigWenz

Smash Ace
no you dont, but i do ask that if u dont plan on entering then u do somethin to try to help the tourney, i know thats kinda vague but in ur case bigwenz if u gave some ppl a ride then that would be perfect

so yeah, technically you can come spectate/play friendlies for free but just because of time/space constraints i do ask that if you do that, try to bring a setup or give some ppl a ride just for the tourney's sake
aight dats straight, and ill be bringing college park as usual. They'll probably be more incentive for them to go just cause ill also bring em back to college park next weekend if I go since i plan on going to a party saturday night

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I think Winston and I had prior engagements involving Magic the Gathering haha
Next time!
Wenzel can bring my TV for free venue fee

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
are you guise playing constructed or drafting lol ive been outta magic for too long

opening packs is so fun though haha

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
I been outta magic for like 6 years, but from what I've glanced at each set since they started the new card look/introducing new abilities each set has been more ridiculous than the last...

On topic: At long last I have a car at the ripe old age of 24. It would be fun to hang w/y'all again sometime, even though I don't play anymore. Maybe I'll bring my gf up to one of these to kick it. Glad to hear you guys trying to regain dominance. I always told Azen he was the best, but he never believed me. XD Anyway, see you around maybe. Take care...

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
preleases are pretty damn hype did you check out the spoiler list already lol

i think i can make it to this its not too far from where i live, i dont have any setups though

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I been outta magic for like 6 years, but from what I've glanced at each set since they started the new card look/introducing new abilities each set has been more ridiculous than the last...

On topic: At long last I have a car at the ripe old age of 24. It would be fun to hang w/y'all again sometime, even though I don't play anymore. Maybe I'll bring my gf up to one of these to kick it. Glad to hear you guys trying to regain dominance. I always told Azen he was the best, but he never believed me. XD Anyway, see you around maybe. Take care...
This dude used to be my rival of sorts... way back when.

Damn I wanna come!!!! fuggin work always :(

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i get off work at 3 so ill be here as long as some miracle doesnt happen singles start before then

Top Bottom