• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

H2YL Presents: Resurrection Biweeklies w/ H2YL challenge! ARRIVE BY 1 FOR TEAMS

Kaffei

Smash Hero
no you dont, but i do ask that if u dont plan on entering then u do somethin to try to help the tourney, i know thats kinda vague but in ur case bigwenz if u gave some ppl a ride then that would be perfect

so yeah, technically you can come spectate/play friendlies for free but just because of time/space constraints i do ask that if you do that, try to bring a setup or give some ppl a ride just for the tourney's sake
What if I paid the venue fee anyway? (If I didn't enter the tourney)

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
What are you even asking now O_O
If you pay the venue fee I'm sure they'll just let you chillax and play friendlies as much as you want when they don't need TVs for tournament

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I mean cus BigWenz asked if he has to pay venue fee if he's not entering anything. Chillin said no, but Chillin would appreciate it if he did something to help the tourney if BigWenz wasn't going to pay venue fee

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Kaffei, your text color is slightly difficult to read, even when I highlight it.
Turn up the light on your monitor or something. I can read it perfectly fine.

@Chillin: ok I guess I'll do that haha

chillindude829

Smash Master
sweet, always nice to have your recording services hot$

about when the place closes, i'm not sure but id guess its open until 12 or 1 am at least, it is a lan center. however, the smash portion of the event will wrap up by 7 or 8; we probably wont have too much time for friendlies and stuff after, because later in the night is when more of the PC customers start showing up

so again i wanna stress that everyone should be there by 1 pm if you plan on entering teams, and if youre running late then give me a call, ill put my phone number in the tourney info

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Hot damn, this place is right next to Tippy's Tacos. You guys ever try that ****? God damn amazing. I'll be here for singles, at least. Maybe doubles.

Unless there's somewhere else to go, people could come over to my place after everyone gets kicked out. smash f3444444rev4r

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
There's a place in Laurel that used to be called Tippy's Tacos (now Toucan Taco). Is it the same kind of place? With the sunken burritos and amazing queso?

On topic: TH and I will be here with two full setups.

Can I do the H2YL challenge in Project M instead of Melee? :bee:

chillindude829

Smash Master
one last post, hope to see everyone here tomorrow, remember if you're entering teams, be there by 1. singles will start by 4, maybe 4:30 at the latest so if you're planning on entering singles only and run late make sure you call me

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
can i just bring some snacks to waive the venue fee, i never carry cash. hows the # of setups looking like, are there enough for simultaneous friendlies/tourney. i cant stay for singles so im just curious

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
I will be there before singles and I might bring a bud.

Ummm curious, I understand the rules but stage striking still gets me.

On the MBR ruleset it says 1 2 2 1, but thats 6 strikes yet only 5 neutrals are allowed. How does that work? So if someone can run this by me real quick I would really appreciate it. Thanks! :)

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Do you guys need any more TVs?

good thing its around 1....i have some arrans to run...
errand (ɛrˈənd) n.
a. A short trip taken to perform a specified task, usually for another.
b. The purpose or object of such a trip: Your errand was to mail the letter.

Arrans is a commune in the Côte-d'Or department in Bourgogne in eastern France.

[collapse="Historical population of Arrans"]1962: 47
1968: 71
1975: 62
1982: 85
1990: 86
1999: 82
2008: 68[/collapse]

Elevation: 249–332 m (817–1,089 ft)
(avg. 320 m/1,050 ft)

Land area:
10.52 km2 (4.06 sq mi)

Population: 68 (2008)
- Density 6 /km2 (16 /sq mi)

INSEE/Postal code: 21025/21500

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
I will be there before singles and I might bring a bud.

Ummm curious, I understand the rules but stage striking still gets me.

On the MBR ruleset it says 1 2 2 1, but thats 6 strikes yet only 5 neutrals are allowed. How does that work? So if someone can run this by me real quick I would really appreciate it. Thanks! :)

•Stage Striking: At the beginning of each set, both players will take turns eliminating (striking) stages among the neutrals, until only one stage is left. The first game of the set will be played on the remaining stage. Stage striking is done after picking characters. The first player to strike must let the second player strike two stages before he strikes again.

1221 means first player strikes, second player strikes, second player strikes, first player strikes

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Thanks sypher for explaining it.

This tournament was a lot of fun, made me realize how bad I truly am.

Mini shout outs later and Project M looks legit.

hot$

Smash Ace
THIS GAME'S WINNER IS...z
if serious? chillin and chu split? they said they were gonna play it out though, but i rolled. had to leaves. redd got 3rd and g-reg was 4th i believe. only 9 people entered though lol

also, i got like 6 sets or so recorded, so i'll upload those in the next few days. gonna be kind of busy.

chillindude829

Smash Master
Results

Melee (11 entrants)
1. Chillin/Chu (split, didnt play out GFs, i won winners finals 3-1)
3. Redd (lost to Plank/Chu)
4. G-reg (lost to Azen/Redd)
5. Azen (lost to Chu/Redd)
5. Plank (lost to Chillin/G-reg)
7. Sypher
7. BigWenz
9. rpgfighter
9. hot$
9. AfroBandit

Project M (9 entrants)
1. Chu (Kirby/ICs)
2. Plank (Peach/Sheik)
3. Azen (Marth/Falco)
4. Redd (Falco)
5. G-reg (DDD)
5. Chillin (Fox/Marth)
7. JCaesar (ROB/Link)
7. Thunderhorse (Falco)
9. BigWenz (free)

thanks to everyone for coming out, small turnout but it was really fun esp with all the project M action....... jcaesar patch

shoutout to hot$ for recording shiz and also hot$s gf for the clutch pen which saved the tourney

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I like BigWenz's character choice in Project M :awesome:

btw, we'd love to get feedback from you guys. If you have anything at all to say about Project M, please post in the thread. Do keep in mind though that some problem we obviously know about but haven't been able to fix yet (ledge occupancy for example).

Bones0

Smash Legend
Love how the P:M tourney had 2 non-Melee characters (really 3, since I'm sure Kirby's completely different). C'mon guys, step it up. Melee top tiers need to be banned at future P:M tourneys. >_>

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Love how the P:M tourney had 2 non-Melee characters (really 3, since I'm sure Kirby's completely different). C'mon guys, step it up. Melee top tiers need to be banned at future P:M tourneys. >_>

What? No.

We'll pick our characters ourselves, thanks.

Plus falco is soooo good.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Well we are melee players...it makes sense.

Brawl players may play the characters closer to what they play in Brawl.

It is a way for everyone to get what they want!

Top Bottom