• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gurren Lagann Mafia - Game Over - Who Lost the Most?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hey guys, I lied. I'm not VT.

I'm Town Switchmaster. At the start of the game, I had confirmation that the scum team consisted of three switches that they could flip to deactivate roles, though I didn't know what roles they were. I had the ability to disable one switch each night and prevent them from flipping it. However, I didn't want to claim yesterday in case we MLed or hit the Indy. I wanted to make sure the roles could keep going, though I didn't know what they are.

J's confirmed vig. That leaves JTB as scum and AA as Indy. J, which would you prefer to win?

Regardless of wording, this post alone confirms you as part of one of the scum-faction. There is quite a lot wrong in this single post.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
J shouldn't win after replacing into a D3 slot with no previous activity.

Shoot J and I'll shoot AA Washed. Even if you win in a 1v1 situation, I'll be happy with town not winning.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
You'll probably stab me in the back. But I don't want town winning after I carry their scrub *** throughout the game. B|

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

What are you two doing? It is illogical for you two not to shoot each other because neither of you can win if you shoot town.

Excuse me for replacing into an inactive slot?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
No, it's nothing against you J, I would just hate to see town win after coming far.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Nah. I don't want town winning. I carried your ***** and I wasn't going out with a sputter.

If I'm going out, I'm going out like a roaring gogdamn flame and nothing will be left but my pure white ashes.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
It is preposterous for either of you two win if you do not shoot the other. Your logic is flawed if you two are thinking you can team up with one another to win because only one of you can win.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
See, J, that's where you're assuming things. And when you start assuming things, you start getting wrong.

It's not that we won't win. It's that you won't win. You came into this thinking you held the cards, J. You never held them. We did.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
You might as well vote no lynch now, unless you want to wait out the entire deadline for this game to end.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I never held any cards WL because I came into this game with blind eyes.

This is the dumbest situation I've ever been in where town ****ed up to have the indy and mafia dangle the win over towns head.

Also you keep saying the word we WL. There is where you are wrong because only one of you can win. So in your mind, you know you are saying "Where I win and hold all the cards." but atm all you are doing is appealing to JTB to get him to go into the Night Phase with you were you can steal the win for your faction.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
So what if only one of us can win? You're missing the point, J. It's not that we want to win. It's that we want you to lose.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
*town to lose. WL had me convinced he was town for a long time, so I rather see him win over town tbh

Sorry J, I've written out so many scenarios that could happen for N3 and N4, but this seems like the best way to go for my wincon.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Like, seriously. I was considering this as a back-up in case my bull**** got called. It got called. There's no rule saying I can't work with him. We're anti-town alignments. We may be different. But we're both anti-town. It's in our role PMs to beat town. Killing each other isn't beating town.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

This is really infurating that I replaced into such nonsense and there is nothing I can do about it.

It is pro-town logically to not vote for a NL because it seals our fate but regardless the game is lost for our faction. There is no right course of action to take because you two are teaming up which is inconceivable because one of you has to lose.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Well tbh, you had town reads on both WL and myself, meaning we did play well in your opinion and avoided your vig shot.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Exactly that too, I'm also mad I got befuddled in the scumminess of others because honestly there were players who had far scummier play then either of you two.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Like, you had me as hard town and you weren't lynching me. Then, when **** came to pass, you weren't lynching AA. I don't think I could've swung a lynch the other way because you're stubborn as ****, so I had to take an alternate option. I wasn't winning by killing JTB. No matter what happens, I will not win if I kill JTB. I have priority over his NK, so if I kill him, no matter what, I lose.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vote: No Lynch

I was thinking of being a b****** and saying "just wait till deadline" but I'm not that way. :p Oh well, it was fun while it lasted but still salty.

And it's not stubbornness, I just need good convincing. I can be swayed to do things. :rolleyes:

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Game Over

4.) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread. Those of you who are repeat offenders of this (you know who you are) should know that I will not hesitate to modkill upon the discovery of ANY discussion outside of thread if your role PM does not allow it. Just don't do it, it ruins games.
It has come to my attention that there has been a serious breach of this fundamental rule between two individuals and I have no choice but to take action. I like how I even bolded this rule in the original post because of how seriously I take this rule and about how I hate seeing games RUINED because of its infringement.

I talked this out with over 10 different people trying to think of a different solution to this problem, but I can't ignore the damage that was done. It pains me as a moderator to have to take such action this close to endgame, but as stated above I will not hesitate to modkill under the discovery of ANY outside communication, but this was way over the top.

When two players of different alignments have an actual conversation outside of thread about which faction they want to win, there can be no other solution but modkill.

WashedLaundry [Viral, Independent Master-Switcher] Has Been Modkilled.

and

JTB [The Anti Spiral, Mafia Cop Switch] Has Been Modkilled.

J [Kamina, Town One-Shot Vigilante] is alive in endgame and has won.

asianaussie [Yoko, Town Vanilla] is alive in endgame and has won.

Town Wins.

Probably the only thing positive about this endgame is that Kamina and Yoko can finally be together.

I sincerely apologize to anyone who is affected by this decision and hope that this game was fun for you besides this terrible ending. The only lesson that can and should be learned from this is that cheating ruins games for everyone.

@JTB and Laundry: Honestly, I am really pissed off at you both right now and I don't want to continue any further in that vein as I might say some things I might later regret.

I just want you to know that I was really excited about this setup. Especially since it was my first time hosting my own mafia game. It has been a really big deal for me since its creation to its actual run and I put a lot of time and sweat into it. Not only have you wasted my time as a moderator and as a person by this stunt, you've wasted every single player's time who put effort into this game regardless of faction. This is what angers me the most out of everything.

Just know that its not something that I will eternally hold against you. I'm furious now but that rage will quickly subside after some sleep and a good breakfast. This is a game on the internet and having something like this come inbetween friendships is certainly not the type of person I am about. I think you both are really cool guys and are fun to hang out with and I cherish our friendship. I just hope you'll be able to reflect on this incident and never let it happen again, for everyone's sake.

And thats all she wrote.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Lessons will be learned. Just hope it doesn't happen again ._.!

Seriously though you both-

LOL GOVA

:172:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Literally nothing else to say except that I'm deeply sorry to Kuz for this happening and not stopping it and that it won't happen again.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
What's funny is that I ***** at Soup all the time about this bull****. Man, I'm such a hypocrite. :|

I apologize for it. I had hoped this game would end better than this, and to know I'm responsible for this just hurts. I'm not gonna *****.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
It's alright. I can't stay mad at people for too long anyway, it's a serious weakness of mine.

As long as you both understand and make sure to not do it again, we cool :)

asianaussie

Smash Hero
so

who exactly managed to modkill the omniscient uberdeities of the gurren lagann universe

why was zorthy in the game

and could I get LAK's role PM to see the exact posting restriction?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
inb4 posting catchup posts isnt a town tell

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Role PMs, Shoutouts, Balancing Thoughts and Setup discussion will all be posted when I'm in a better mindset to do so.

I still need to sleep on this because despite what I just wrote above like idk I'm still a bit furious that this setup went to waste.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You did a good job of doing what you needed to do (LAK).

I feel kinda boned by luck of the draw. Wasn't much I was doing to make it out of N1. Moth helped me change some views on case making and how to play a hydra and I feel what we did was what we needed to do.

Top Bottom