• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gurren Lagann Mafia - Game Over - Who Lost the Most?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I was about to ask you about the indy speculation but I realize from the NKs. So I guess he could be indy (which if that were the case disregard my last point). Anywho scum is scum.

@aa

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Soup, Glyph, JTB, Raz when your on don't forget to state whether you will vote X1 or not. I know Laundry wont regardless of alignment.

X1-12

Smash Champion
From super heroes mafia
zen said:
Now since people tend to have a problem relaying on irrefutable evidence of someone being scum i.e meta tells, I will continue on with the rest of his posts to show why he is scum based on more generalized/"reliable" scum tells.
And now nothing. You have no case on me Zen.

At a tourney today

asianaussie

Smash Hero
@ zen, I meant that you could be indy lol, but I'll take that point.

vote: X1
I'm fine with trusting this meta until I find a more suitable place.

@X1, I don't recall you contributing much during D1 either, though you might've posted a bunch near the end (when I was busy). I'll read back eventually, but I'm not sure I'll find much. So I know, what is your opinion on inactivity as a scumtell?

You contribute absolutely nothing to this game beyond "will catch up, honest" and "X1 is scum, trust me guys". Every other game you thought i was scum, super heroes for example you actually put in the work to try and convince others to lynch me but now just a meta case.
Are you agreeing with his ability to read you? I want an opinion from you on this.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Votecount 2.2 [6/10]

Soupamario [0]
Glyph [1] - JTB
Zen [0]
asianaussie [0]
Gova [0]
JTB [1] - Soup
WashedLaundry [0]
Raziek [0]
X1-12 [3] - Zen, Tanny, aa
Tandora [1] - X1

Not Voting [4] - Gova, Glyph, WL, Raz

Deadline has been set to July 28th, 11:59 PM EST

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
unvote

Glyph back to null. I'm not jumping on the X1 bandwagon just because Zen says he is the best at reading him, I want more evidence than that.

AA, give me some reads.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Gova, Glyph and Zen are null. JTB too.

X1 is null leaning scum, Tandora is behind him but it's mainly because I didn't like Joey's play in the slightest and I'm holding that against the slot.

Raz, WL and Soup feel town to me but Soup always always feels town to me, so take it with a grain of salt

Due to the nature of this game I am almost convinced that Kuz is scum.

@Zen, comment on X1's 398 for me, will you?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
@JTB: What made you change on Glyph? What were you trying to get at with your recent questions?

sigh @ Gova & JTB making this difficult.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I wanted to know if he believed they were masons before the flip. If he said he did, I was going to call him out on wanting to lynch him at the end of the Day. Because he didn't and pushing it would be a wifom argument, I dropped it.

More after work, can only do small posts atm

:phone:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
It's a joke that makes sense with a relevant flavour analogy, especially because the flavour seems deep-seated in the first half of the series.

Don't read too deep into this.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
It's a joke that makes sense with a relevant flavour analogy, especially because the flavour seems deep-seated in the first half of the series.

Don't read too deep into this.
I figured you had miswritten Kuz for someone else's name. o.o

I understand if people are not comfortable voting for X1 if they don't think he's scum. But people do need to start making some sort of stand. Deadline is in four days and we've gotten almost nothing done.

I'm voting for X1 because I feel Zen and him are not on the same faction. Not even a T-v-T situation. Between the two of them, I feel X1 is more likely to be scum and even if I'm wrong, then it will lead to scum Zen which is a fair trade.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Currently catching up on this game, I'm in hyper-mafia mode at the moment. Got 4 games to catch up on, this is #2 of 4.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Have fun at Genesis, but I still want you lynched. If you flip town, then it will definitely affect my read on Raziek (hint hint, investigatives) and Tandora dies tomorrow unless something major happens (hint hint, vig). That, and we'll have a confirmed townie (hint hint, doc), but I'm pretty obv town anyway (flex), but I don't think that'll be an issue.
So I'm definitely not going to throw away what Boat gave us before he died.

We look at this post, and we see a few things:

- T-Block town would affect his read on me.
- Tandora dies toDay.
- He says he's confirmed, and it looks like he actually discretely breadcrumbed doc in his protect call.

In regards to current events:

I'm not willing to lynch X1 on meta, Zen. Do you have any substantial evidence, or is your case literally "X1 is scum, I'm so good at reading him."

Right now I'm leaning towards Tandora for today's lynch. Joey's slot played awful, and while I don't want to directly hold that against her, she hasn't done much better. The buddying doesn't sit well with me, and the immediate jump onto the X1 wagon is GROSS.

If we're simply going case v case on this one, I'm definitely inclined to trust X1/Boat's read on Tandora, tbh.

Sorry I've been out of this so long, been working a lot and got behind.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Oh, and I really don't like that Tan insinuates that a ML on X1 would give us a scum Zen. That's very often not true, and is an easy way for Town to lose the game in a hurry.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Yes, that is correct. Though I'm not "good" at reading him. I'm exact.

I'll try to find whatever I can since it seems we don't have the votes, but there's not a lot of content to go on.

X1-12

Smash Champion
@X1, I don't recall you contributing much during D1 either, though you might've posted a bunch near the end (when I was busy). I'll read back eventually, but I'm not sure I'll find much. So I know, what is your opinion on inactivity as a scumtell?
Town can be inactive, scum can be inactive. I don't see how this can be disputed unless you don't know the difference between lurking and inactivity

Are you agreeing with his ability to read you? I want an opinion from you on this.
I agree in the past he's read me sucessfully from meta

@Zen, comment on X1's 398 for me, will you?
I don't see anything wrong with it. In fact, I'd like to see more posts like that.
If you're 100% convinced I'm scum, why do you want to see more good posts? If I'm scum then to you all you should want is either ammo to lynch me or something which could indicate a connection.

Raz I don't get why you'd not hold a playerslot responsible for what they've done before replacing out. Their alignment is still the same.

Right, here's the deal. In about 35 minutes I'm going to the Isle of Wight until thursday (deadline time). I'm going to post all my reads now in the hope you guys will do something useful with them.

Soup I have literally no idea, since checking the OP didn't remember he was playing

Glyph should have been prodded. No idea

Zen I'd take as a lynch today. Trying to lynch solely off meta and trust? Not cool.

AA I feel is kinda legitimate from what I do see in his posts, I don't like how little we get from him, all his posts also seem very unmemorable so I could be wrong about this one

JTB I feel OK with, I get a townie vibe from what he does post and his silly glyph attack I get the feeling is him actually trying to catch scum.

WL I hate his sudden disappearance at the time when town most needed activity. He knows as much as anyone that if both factions do nothing during Day phases, town auto-loses. I find his earlier play kinda eh as well.

Raziek I felt very cool with D1 and still do, fitting with the unofficial theme of this game, I also wish he'd do more, because otherwise town will die of inactivity

Tandora I think is scum, you guys should have read enough to know why

Will be back on thursday in time to vote. Would take Zen/Tan/ and WL at a push as a lynch.

@Mod: Prod people dammit

@Mod: V/LA until 28th

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
People should start placing votes. 3 days left until the deadline and the only person that has more than one vote is Zen. Get on a wagon, convince us to no-lynch, or just afk for the rest of the Day.

inb4 my vote isn't anywhere, I'm going to reread d1 before i place it.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
wl say something ffs, what do you think about my attack on tan, zens attack on me, etc etc
They're all **** and I don't agree with any of them. The logic of them all is so flimsy, weak, or flawed that I can't find myself buying into any of them. Meta cases are trash, tunnel cases are trash, inactive cases are policy lynches and not scumhunting, and Raziek has become a total non-factor.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
You contribute absolutely nothing to this game beyond "will catch up, honest" and "X1 is scum, trust me guys". Every other game you thought i was scum, super heroes for example you actually put in the work to try and convince others to lynch me but now just a meta case. You claim you couldnt have read me from 3 one liners but managed to read me from one post in super heroes. You say thers nothing in my posts? Ive done more than any other player during D2 with solid contributions D1 also. My 671 shows how every post tan makes is either useless null reads or meta/inactive callouts which is bull**** content faking. and this is the entire point of my attack against tan . Tan doesnt even ask em questions or pressure them to post, just instead says shell reread em and comes up with nothing. Please take this bull**** elsewhere.
I also hate appealing to Zen's meta as a defense to him making a case based off your meta.

@Rest of game: Can someone verify if X1 has a tendency to extremely tunnel as town?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm not jumping on the X1 bandwagon just because Zen says he is the best at reading him, I want more evidence than that.
I like this logic.

I also ask about X1's meta because I swear I read something Overswarm posted about X1 have a tendency to tunnel the **** out of anyone once he dedicates to that slot being scum. If this is true (and that's kind of a big if), then I really don't like Zen for trying to create such a ****ty case based off false (well, null) meta and would gladly consider lynching him for it.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
@Zen: Forgot to respond to this earlier. I was mad about The ***** softclaiming a flavor via posting restriction simply because people love to fake restrictions nowadays and, unlike other scenarios where it very often had nothing to do with the character (i.e., Swiss's narration in RE4 and Gheb's poetry in PF), this one was linked to the flavor. It could've easily been a scum abusing a fakeclaim by essentially crumbing it in every post via a faked restriction. It was WIFOM and I was worried someone would clear him based off something they weren't sure was faked or not.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm voting for X1 because I feel Zen and him are not on the same faction. Not even a T-v-T situation. Between the two of them, I feel X1 is more likely to be scum and even if I'm wrong, then it will lead to scum Zen which is a fair trade.
****. Ultimatums.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Right now I'm leaning towards Tandora for today's lynch. Joey's slot played awful, and while I don't want to directly hold that against her, she hasn't done much better. The buddying doesn't sit well with me, and the immediate jump onto the X1 wagon is GROSS.
What the ****? You didn't seem to think this yesterday if my memory serves.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I did in fact think that yesterday. Joey's slot played awful, but I was more willing to believe it was "Joey" than scum.

Bad play =/= Scummy Play

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
If you read something as null, why are you using it as justification for a scum read?

Gogdamn I want to lynch all of you right now. If you haven't banded together to see which of you *******s can get each other lynched for the ****tiest reason possible, you're inactive. I hate it all.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
@WL, X1 would tunnel regardless of alignment. If he thinks someone is scum he'll tunnel as town. If he can construe something as scummy he'll tunnel as scum.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
@WL, X1 would tunnel regardless of alignment. If he thinks someone is scum he'll tunnel as town. If he can construe something as scummy he'll tunnel as scum.
So would you agree Zen's trying to construe something that should be read as null as a scumtell?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
What you did in that post I quoted. It was an ultimatum. I was expressing distaste for you trying to set up an ultimatum that could really easily cause a mislynch.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I didn't call him scum for that O_O. Though tunneling is one of his scum traits because he can't do anything else. Gova, why would you ask if I called him scum for that instead of reading to see if I did :3?

Top Bottom