• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gurren Lagann Mafia - Game Over - Who Lost the Most?

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Tandora you have a town or null read on every player in this game, correct?

how do soft-prods = opposite alignments? How does two people with similar pushes = same alignment??? Are you on a scumteam with one of Zen/Gova trying to set-up mislynches?
1) I've seen where scum soft prod someone they believe is an easy lynch so when town mislynches there's no easy paper trail back to them.

2)IF Zen and Gova are both scum, then it looks to me that they are soft prodding on you to get you lynched. IF Zen and Gova are both town, then it's highly probable they have caught you as scum.

3) I wish to god I was scum, it would make my life that much more simple.

As far as my reads, I'm trying to keep an open mind when I'm doing my ISOs, so maybe I"m getting more town and null reads. But honestly I realize there is no pleasing you. Either I'm scum for "going after inactives" and or I'm scum "for only getting town and null reads".

Please explain to me how I'm supposed to do better than a null read when so many people have been V/LA and need time to catch up. Please explain to me how my behavior or even Joey's behavior is so much more scummy than Glyph's.

X1-12

Smash Champion
1.) Or it could easily be scum distancing from one another, or townies who have mild suspicions..

2.) Have two townies never been wrong together before? Have you never considered that one could be parrotting the other/Jumping on the bandwagon (i.e general agreement rather than votes wagon)

You're scum for being completely useless, with no real intent to change, you start by just raging on at the inactives but then go through them and end up with useless reads, what have you done thats useful, who have you attacked? Who do you suspect? You've got nothing

Please explain to me how my behavior or even Joey's behavior is so much more scummy than Glyph's.
soo much deflecting

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
JTB, you're lucky i'm not at home so i cant yell at you

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Votecount 2.1 [6/10]

Soupamario [0]
Glyph [1] - JTB
Zen [0]
asianaussie [0]
Gova [0]
JTB [1] - Soup
WashedLaundry [0]
Raziek [0]
X1-12 [0]
Tandora [1] - X1

Not Voting [7] - Zen, Gova, Glyph, aa, WL, Raz, Tandora

Deadline has been set to July 28th, 11:59 PM EST

X1-12

Smash Champion
everyone vote in your next post, or explain why you're not. Sustain your vote wiih some reasoning or explain why you are ok with town losing this game.

X1-12

Smash Champion
this is ridiculous, when i get to a pc im checking up on everyones activity levels elsewhere on SWF and major callouts for those active in other areas. raziek wheres your catchup? zen ive seen you post in other games but have nothing for us here despite supposedly catching up. Jtb why complain about nothing happening, do spmething youself - instigate something. Same goes for you gova.
WL why dont you care about this game anymore? Soup you always have spare time why arent you posting? Glyph replace out please.

InB4 tan starts some **** with me about this.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Still don't like Glyph. His 664 did nothing to make me like him more. From what I understand, you wanted to confirm to yourself that he was masons with Ryker before you made a case on T-block for giving an early town read on Ryker.

Reaching case is reaching.

#HBC | ѕoup

Sorry X1, i'll try to get something legitimate out when i get to a computer, phone posts don't mix with :goodposting:

X1-12

Smash Champion
zen answer my question.

Jtb i think trying to find out if someone is a certain pr without outing them is a null tell, ive definitely done it as town. What do you think about AA and Zen? Youve played with both as town I recall.

Soup talk to me about WL

gova talk to me about Soup and JTBs attacks at glyph

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
zen answer my question.

Jtb i think trying to find out if someone is a certain pr without outing them is a null tell, ive definitely done it as town. What do you think about AA and Zen? Youve played with both as town I recall.

Soup talk to me about WL

Nothing really comes to mind about AA. The games I've played with him as town, he was certainly way more active than he was now.

Zen is null leaning scum because he's done nothing this game except give a couple reads, post continuously about how he is 'catching up', and buddy LAK D1.

As far as Glyph goes, I would normally agree that it is a null tell, but given the fact that Glyph has done nothing at all except fish for that pr, I call it scummy.

#HBC | ѕoup

I haven't attacked Glyph o.o

I'm Town on the slot, reading as regular WL play, i don't like the sudden drop in activity, but i'm not going to hold it against him as long he comes back with something.

About to just throw in the towel on the JTB thing, i'm holding on to what was early JTB play but the later stuff looks a little better, i agree that pressuring inactives isn't very bold but right now we're all in a tough spot, there are flips that don't give us information and noone is sure where to look at the moment.

#HBC | ѕoup

@JTB I disagree with your read on Zen, i think zen hasn't done enough to have a definite read on him right now, i'd like to see his thoughts after he is done reading.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
tan explain #681
Meh, it was half joke and half the fact you've been pushing me on Zen.

Soup, I like your play this game. How would you feel if I were to invite you to out back and smoke a few cigs while discussing the people supposedly involved in this game?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
there are flips that don't give us information and noone is sure where to look at the moment.
Hence why I don't have a vote out. My top scumpick, X1, suddenly doesn't look like scum, just kinda dumb.

I still don't like how people are sitting on inactives. The entire damn game is inactive save for X1.

Can someone sum up the Glyfe case? I'm actually curious about it. From what I can tell, there's more to it than the fact that he's inactive. If that is the case, I'm curious to see more of it.

@Soup: Scumreads. Get at me.

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
Beyond the brink of disaster, next to starbucks
Raziek is one.

although that goes in the category of "dropping activity suddenly and hasn't done anything worthwhile ever since and i don't like it."

Feel that was the same ordeal with JTB, at least he's trying.

that's about it for now, i feel Raziek was concerned only with flavor issues and defending himself, i don't remember much stances from him, but perhaps that's a bit of a lazy re-read, needs more time before i push it.

@Tanny

Sounds lovely, i gotta go do amazing things somewhere else for a minute though, and it will help me get a read on you.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Hey Zen, you're a cool guy, but please get some content up or I will be sadface.

JTB, is your strongest scumread really Glyph? I don't like the flavour play, but all his posts are comments on (at those points) recent stuff, which strikes me more as lazy than scummy.

Smoking is bad for you.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
JTB don't be dumb, think about how that first bit played out. Ryker had done nothing that would have given anyone the confidence to say what T-block did (you know, saying he's town. Not leaning town, not a town read, but like "this guy is definitely town"). Why would I blow his masonry if I didn't need to? The way I went about it, he was able to prevent me from bringing up anything about it.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
So, you still believed he was mason after he answered you, correct?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I never really got a clear answer out of him

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm asking what your thoughts were though. Was it null then? Were you leaning towards him being mason or were you not?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I wasn't sure what he was, but I figured they had some kind of connection. I was hoping for scum team, but anticipating masons. Did not see the one way thing coming, but that's that.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Was my 276 invisible? As promised, I'm fully caught up.

Vote: X1

X1 is scum, this is for certain. Just glance at Fire Emblem, Super Heroes, and Nightmare before Christmas, and you will know I'm never wrong on this. We are lynching him today, and it will make my life easier if everyone just follows this without question n_n.

His posting restriction was essentially softclaiming a character, not a role. Character claims are always a handbag of WIFOM because it could just as easily be a safeclaim rather than the actual role (read: I'm not asking for LAK's role). They are, essentially, unprovable, as you have to weigh their actions with what they claimed and, unlike roleclaims, you have no night actions to confirm their honesty.

In short, it could potentially clear a scummy slot with no real way of checking it. After reading the *****'s play, I'm okay with them.
Ok I can see this, but as I said nearly everyone already knew who his character was. You specifically got upset over him claiming. The Wiffom was already there from his restriction, so why did him claiming matter to you?

@Zen: Every other time you think I'm scum you come at me guns blazing, why not this time? You sound apathetic about it - explain.
What a very dumb question. You know verywell that I hadn't been here. Even if I was, not even I could get a sure-fire read on someone from 3 (or less?) posts of one-liners, which is all you had given at that point. My initial read was correct however, you are in fact scum.

I haven't finished looking at everyone, but here are some thoughts.

Glyph, Gova, Zen.

I believe scum hides within these three. Glyph and Zen have both buddied two people who have already flipped town (LAK and T-block) and Gova only showed up at the end of the Day to give his thoughts on the mason claim. Glyph looks the worst of the three as Zen and Gova have contributed a tiny bit, but it's nothing substantial.

Vote: Glyph

I need to re-read the reactions people had to Boat's claim as well, maybe I'll find something there.

I missed this question from Zen while looking at him too.

Inside joke between Kuz and myself. We promised each other the next game we were in with Ran, we would claim scum and ask him to elaborate on it.
Why would buddying him make me scum O_o?
Ok, went through JTB and X1 on my reread.

On my reread I actually have more of a town read for JTB. I think he's been good about posting questions and opinions than my original read got.

X1 I mostly just get a stuck with his tunneling on my player slot. It's hard for me to objective when someone is insisting I'm wrong and I just feel everything I say convinces them I need to go. It's null for now, but I did note one line in his posts that really stood out to me.

I bolded apathetic because it really stood out to me. I didn't recall Zen reacting to that taunt and did an ISO. And Zen hasn't responded at all. Not sure for reason, but I'd like to see what Zen has to say to that comment.

At this time, from the reads I've done, my hunch X1 is opposite faction from Zen and Gova. Both Zen and Gova did soft prods about X1 being scummy. I think it is probable if Zen or Gova flip scum, the other would flip scum too. Same for if they flip town.
This logic is terrible O_O
tan explain #681

zen explain why A.) you havent replaced out and B.) why we shouldnt lynch you
A. I said I'd catch up when I could. B. Because I'm town.

Why X1 should be lynched:

Ultimate meta. As I said, I can read X1 like no other on this site. I just can. X1 doesn't know what to do as scum other than tunnel someone on whatever bs he can find. WL pointed this out, how X1 got caught up on that RVS vote Marshy ish. That whole push was so fake. He was just pushing on some valueless bs because he had nothing else to say. His push on Tanny is crap too. His read on her has been far too exaggerated over nothing. Look at 671. There is nothing to that post. All he did was unecessarily link all her posts. But really there is nothing to it, no analysis, just simply stating her posts. It's an attempt to look like he actually has a case and is doing something. His recent posts have been criticizing people not contributing, but even though he's been posting he's hasn't contributed crap.

Yes, my reasoning is centered on meta, but I'm right and that's all that matters and all that anyone town should consider :smash:

X1-12

Smash Champion
yeah no. For starters even if you could read me 100% of the time, you calling me scum purely comes down to your word vs mine. Yup Im heavily implying i think your scum trying to play the "i can always read X1 card" to swing a ml. Then you get it wrong "oh well teach me not to trust meta eh?". What utter bull**** are you trying to swing?

You contribute absolutely nothing to this game beyond "will catch up, honest" and "X1 is scum, trust me guys". Every other game you thought i was scum, super heroes for example you actually put in the work to try and convince others to lynch me but now just a meta case. You claim you couldnt have read me from 3 one liners but managed to read me from one post in super heroes. You say thers nothing in my posts? Ive done more than any other player during D2 with solid contributions D1 also. My 671 shows how every post tan makes is either useless null reads or meta/inactive callouts which is bull**** content faking. and this is the entire point of my attack against tan . Tan doesnt even ask em questions or pressure them to post, just instead says shell reread em and comes up with nothing. Please take this bull**** elsewhere.

Tan explain your vote and why it came when it did

wl say something ffs, what do you think about my attack on tan, zens attack on me, etc etc

X1-12

Smash Champion
also raziek wth happened to your cacth up which was supposed to be done like last night or something?

Gova/ jtb when you come in post about something relevant and curent aka zen on me/ me on tan

@MOD get prodding please

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
It doesn't matter, after you flip I will be essentially cleared.

1. I did not read you in 1 post in Superheros. It took you vs Beat for that. And even then I wasn't 100%. So no.

2. My whole case on you was meta there. I've been through this enough to know that's what it's going to boil down to. There's no sense at all for me to try and convince people thatit's not essentially meta. It just gives you the opportunity to discredit my case as it did last time.

3. No, you really haven't done anything. Your posting, but there's nothing to it. Show me what you have contributed of value.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
You won't be cleared if he flips scum because there is almost definitely an indy in this game. I'll vote for X1 if you give Tandora (not Joey, Tandora) a quick look-over and tell me your thoughts.

I need a new avatar...something like Gova's looks nice...

More pictures of smokin' girls does not make smoking itself any better. Puns.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
What's there to talk about regarding Soup? I'm pretty sure he's town as he been playing the same as he has been every game he's been town in. That's not to say that he couldn't play the same way as scum where all he does is give town reads but I think it would be quite easy to catch him in contradicting stances when he tries to push a lynch or if he lets one go through when he has someone listed as a town read.

I'm not sure what JTB's attack at Glyph is other than inactivity and that fishing. I don't agree with the fishing being scummy in this case as the miller fake claim was controversial enough to warrent a few questions as to why T-Block definitely knew that Boat was town.

Gova/ jtb when you come in post about something relevant and curent aka zen on me/ me on tan
I don't give much credit to meta. I do remember Zen pushing you in SH but I'm not sure what would have happened as you were modkilled because you broke a restriction and as such I can't really compare the push here. If his push is backed up with stuff I will consider it.

Did you answer WL's question on why it's ok for JTB to push inactives but not Tan?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Actually I like Raz. He just hasn't been posting as of late, but feel town from his d1 play. I don't think scum would openly ask for flavor info like he did with LAK. And I also liked that he admited when he made a mistake as when he was switching his votes near the end of the day and his reasoning is sound.

@aa: #586 & #691. I like Tanny even more than Joey. Her posts coming into the game had solid reasoning and she looks to me like she is actually trying to analyze stuff rather than just post stuff.

Top Bottom