• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guides!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
id love to do a marth one with taj

but that would take a giant amount of time and effort

darkatma

Smash Hero
Things to include in a sheik character specific guide:

Needle Cancel
Needle Cancel turnaround edgeguard/edgegrab
How to use needles to edgeguard effectively
Nair OoS against pressure
WD OoS against pressure
Dashing after each aerial to increase base speed (needed in a general guide really)
Boost Grabbing
Basic tech chasing/usmash OoS
Wavelanding on platforms to continue combos

Things needed in a peach guide:
Float cancel fair -> jab/grab/dsmash/and dash
Wiggling out of tumble to use float
Turnip edgeguarding: including using turnips to hit space animal illusions as well as jumping out to hit them afterwards
Groundfloat FC bair spacing
The ridiculous stun of dtilt -> shoulderpad usmash
How to space so you can get CC dsmashes off
How to airdodge recover/umbrella recover
Retreating aerials, as well as double jump float retreating aerials/forward aerials
DJC attacks, as well as DJ tricks that no one uses except me xD
Turnip->aerial
Reverse bair to nair combo from dash attacks and uairs
How to trade and hit with uair

King5280

Smash Journeyman
Things to include in a sheik character specific guide:

Needle Cancel
Needle Cancel turnaround edgeguard/edgegrab
How to use needles to edgeguard effectively
Nair OoS against pressure
WD OoS against pressure
Dashing after each aerial to increase base speed (needed in a general guide really)
Boost Grabbing
Basic tech chasing/usmash OoS
Wavelanding on platforms to continue combos

Things needed in a peach guide:
Float cancel fair -> jab/grab/dsmash/and dash
Wiggling out of tumble to use float
Turnip edgeguarding: including using turnips to hit space animal illusions as well as jumping out to hit them afterwards
Groundfloat FC bair spacing
The ridiculous stun of dtilt -> shoulderpad usmash
How to space so you can get CC dsmashes off
How to airdodge recover/umbrella recover
Retreating aerials, as well as double jump float retreating aerials/forward aerials
DJC attacks, as well as DJ tricks that no one uses except me xD
Turnip->aerial
Reverse bair to nair combo from dash attacks and uairs
How to trade and hit with uair
something like this would be so sick for players who can control their characters and do the basic advanced techniques but are still learning. like me!

TheLake

Smash Master
Whenever cosmo is on...Im sure we could work on the zelda one :D

ahyuuuuck

ahyuuuuuuuuuuuuuckk

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
but KK
we're supposed to make sure people stay bad so we can win tourneys :/
I know that's sarcasm but I see this game's downfall as being a deficiency of new players compared to retiring players.

One thing that should be considered is that every current highschooler played melee a LOT and while I can't say you should all go to a highschool and try to invite people to tourneys, the fact that there are still people who played the game and are still young is good.

As a person still learning I can say that videos would help but would help a lot more if you remember to break things down and use speech rather than text and maybe record your hands too? I can admit that the melee guides are pretty terrible and I've had to learn most stuff myself, wak's AT guide is really guide so I think an updated version of that is where things should start.

Twix

Smash Cadet
I would love for this to happen. Obviously I can't contribute anything because I'm still bad at this game. So the one thing (besides my loving support) that I could offer is to help reach whatever monetary value is needed and still not obtained for this project.

Good thread, KK.

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
I know that's sarcasm but I see this game's downfall as being a deficiency of new players compared to retiring players.

One thing that should be considered is that every current highschooler played melee a LOT and while I can't say you should all go to a highschool and try to invite people to tourneys, the fact that there are still people who played the game and are still young is good.
I agree with basically all of this. I converted most of the people I play smash with at school just via this concept.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
most important vid...learning to space outside of a falling opponent's range and anticipating his aerial instead of attempting a false combo..or achieving a spacing where you are out of range as the opponent falls and will eventually reach a point where the opponent can not react to your double jump attack in time, so that every second puts them under tremendous pressure....

honestly if even 10% of players were capable of this we would have more interesting tournaments....

falcos are the worst for being braindead because their character actually has legit combos in most situations so they don't even consider the options that require spacing and would rather take their 30% combo (with good di from the opponent) rather than pressure plus a chance for a kill or an even longer combo because punishing an opponent while they are moving results in missed DI...while punishing an opponent that cannot move makes DI extremely simple for the opponent at all points.

Top Bottom