• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide to how ZSS is one of the best survivalists in the game...

Snakeee

Smash Master
I thought you could escape the spike part at the end, down B toadstool edge hog :laugh: , at least it works on the falco I play against, but normally I just go Sheik anyways.
That's really risky because if he expects it he's going to spike you after the invincibility most likely. And even if he doesn't, it might still hit because the d-air has a big, lingering hitbox and you only have a couple of invincibility frames.

noradseven

Smash Lord
That's really risky because if he expects it he's going to spike you after the invincibility most likely. And even if he doesn't, it might still hit because the d-air has a big, lingering hitbox and you only have a couple of invincibility frames.
Ohh I know how risky it is, I could almost make a montage vid of me failing.

Plus I don't buffer the down B, I wait until I see him start going for the spike, its pretty consistantly safe if you know what to look for, but yeah still big risk.

Heh I know I sometimes trip them up with a up B jump.

By BnB recovery against it is still fast fall up-B, but if he predicts which one I am going to use I can be in big trouble, but still some options.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I usually just take the d-air, and THEN down B over his head and footstool. I'd rather take the damage than have any sort of risk of instantly losing a stock

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I thought you can just double stick DI onto the ledge to avoid getting spiked. It's worked for me though I think it depends how close the falco was to the ledge on the last dthrow.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Well I haven't fought a Falco with ZSS for a really long time.
Btw, you deserve this "smash elitist" title more than I do with that attitude lol
Hey man that's not cool! I wasn't giving you attitude in that post, but I can see how it could be misconstrued. Besides, I clearly state in my signature that I am not an elitist.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
Buffer the grab, which I thought wasn't escapable even without buffering o.O
uh, don't you have to walk first to continue the grab?

a walking chaingrab is inescapable until 31% with ZSS's down-b, that's been known for months, I stated it during our Falco match-up discussion.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
hmm, I thought the dashgrab was worse than the walking grab, by a lot. I guess I'll have to see it myself.

sasook

Smash Champion
I second what Faded said, I find it much harder to get out of the walking grab as opposed to the dash one.

Top Bottom