• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Guide] - Buffered Dash Attack Locks (Updated 6/27) - Now With Video

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
The buffered dash attacks need to be perfectly done in a video that will be used for demonstrative purposes. So if you could tighten those up a lot that would be great.

Also, the extraneous stuff in the video, the throws and side-b movestrings aren't true combos and are superfluous. I'd get rid of those too. :)

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
The buffered dash attacks need to be perfectly done in a video that will be used for demonstrative purposes. So if you could tighten those up a lot that would be great.

Also, the extraneous stuff in the video, the throws and side-b movestrings aren't true combos and are superfluous. I'd get rid of those too. :)
Alright can do. This will take longer than a couple days.XD

Give me a list of characters you want to see. I'm obviously not going to do every single character in the game for every % and everything.O_O

Characters/Percentages/FreshDA/DecayedDA give me whatever amount and I'll do it. I've got a lot of time on my hands and I've always wanted to get one of these types of videos made perfectly.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Alright can do. This will take longer than a couple days.XD

Give me a list of characters you want to see. I'm obviously not going to do every single character in the game for every % and everything.O_O

Characters/Percentages/FreshDA/DecayedDA give me whatever amount and I'll do it. I've got a lot of time on my hands and I've always wanted to get one of these types of videos made perfectly.
D3 is a good example. He starts at 26% and runs until 130%ish if decayed. Otherwise, it's up to you. A few percentages: 9, 16, 23, 26, 49. These are percentages that most of the cast starts at. It also works pretty well on Falco. Also I'd recommend taking that video offline for now until we have one we can really show.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
A few statistics:

Start values are fresh, end values are decayed and, sadly, approximate (no way to get exact values...) unless otherwise noted:

Format: character, start, end

MK, 9, 115 (50 fresh)
D3, 26, 130
ROB, 47, 115
Marth, 47, 112
Snake, 47, 112
Olimar, 9, 115 (50 fresh)

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
This isn't even that hard to do, you just need a very light flick on the controller. Getting that down also helped my CG buffering too.

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
A few statistics:

Start values are fresh, end values are decayed and, sadly, approximate (no way to get exact values...) unless otherwise noted:

Format: character, start, end

MK, 9, 115 (50 fresh)
D3, 26, 130
ROB, 47, 115
Marth, 47, 112
Snake, 47, 112
Olimar, 9, 115 (50 fresh)
Those will be ones I work on first then.

This isn't even that hard to do, you just need a very light flick on the controller. Getting that down also helped my CG buffering too.
Mastering how to do it and making it work are completely different.D:
lol

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
how's that

all you have to do is master it then memorize the starting percents
and land it perfectly and know the percents of every character for every spot the DA can hit with. Usually just the tip of it, but it's harder than it sounds imo.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
this is super super important. lol

it took me like 15 minutes to figure out how to properly buffer the dash. ):

hey, here's a good way to test if you're doing it right: Dash attack to the edge, if you're doing the dash attack animation, you won't fall off the edge. Buffer the dash attack, if you do it properly, you'll stay on the stage, if you mess up, you'll fall off. See how long you can dash attack without messing up!

ThreeSided

Smash Ace

hey, here's a good way to test if you're doing it right: Dash attack to the edge, if you're doing the dash attack animation, you won't fall off the edge. Buffer the dash attack, if you do it properly, you'll stay on the stage, if you mess up, you'll fall off. See how long you can dash attack without messing up!
Lol. It gives quite the incentive to do it right considering that assuming you're using down on the C-stick, I assume mess up means Dairing to your death. xD

noradseven

Smash Lord

Too bad the timing is slightly different on hit :D.

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
The offedge idea is a good idea. Doing it enough times you see exactly where to input the next move. The hitlag makes sense why doing it is easier on an opponent than the air.:p

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
yeah, hitlag affects it a little bit, but the practice is just to get the timing of the control stick / c-stick tapping for me.

same thing works for dash grabs, d;

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
YAY! I CAN DO IT NOW! =D

I was actually just doing it a bit later than I had to. I can do it fairly consistently now.

EDIT: I'm going to try and see if any other characters have a similar mechanic on their DAs.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
YAY! I CAN DO IT NOW! =D

I was actually just doing it a bit later than I had to. I can do it fairly consistently now.

EDIT: I'm going to try and see if any other characters have a similar mechanic on their DAs.
I checked, the only one is CF's when decayed. Fresh it doesn't work and even when decayed it only works a few times. Still funny though.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
"I was at a tourney the other day. I went up against a Snake. I Fthrow chain grabbed him to 50%, and then Daz-Attacked him off the edge for 100%, then finished Dsmash>bair stage spike."

^ this

Jski

Smash Apprentice
I cant tell if i am doing it or not is there a different look when you do it right vs just doing another dash attk right after the first ends?

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
I cant tell if i am doing it or not is there a different look when you do it right vs just doing another dash attk right after the first ends?
try my method:

noradseven

Smash Lord
Alternatively get a friend make them hold guard. Or tape guard button down on second controller, and go in training mode, and try it out, you might have to turn the damage to like 30-40% on some characters, though because it doesn't work on some people at 0%.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
The OP says there's no way to get exact End values.

Why is that?

We know how stale move negation works exactly.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Alright, well something just occurred to me... VS Diddy Kong, would a banana trip constitute an automatic Dazlock (provided you can do it right and he's at the right percentage,and are close enough of course)? If so, that's just freakin' awesome. Not to mention that if there's a banana in your way, you'll pick it up, which is always useful to have on hand. =)

Top Bottom