• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Guide] - Buffered Dash Attack Locks (Updated 6/27) - Now With Video

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
an upward slope will probably shift the percents backwards (easier to shield, but will stay on the ground longer)

a downward slope will probably shift the percents forwards (no chance to shield, but won't slide across the ground as easy)

dunno, just guesses.

also, to sum up for SFP:
so basically, you have to start with a fresh dash attack at 40% ± 5% for heavy/light weights.

If your opponent is over 60% (again ± 5% for heavy/light weights) then you can still combo it, but it's not guaranteed.

So any time you score a dash attack over 40%, you should buffer another, because it's likely to connect.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
I feel like an upward slope would cause a bounce. I'm pretty sure that bounce occurs when you hit the ground with a certain amount of momentum, and I think that the shorter distance from air > ground would cause a bounce more often. And because it also shortens the actual distance you are from them, (Sakurai didn't put enough realism for the horizontal distance you travel to account for the angle you are moving at =P) you should be able to buffer into that "no time for tech" DA that was mentioned before.

Again, this would make upward slopes just epic, especially since a lot of upward slopes on stages are walk-off KO areas. =D

I'm going to go check this out now though. We'll see...

EDIT: Well, I just gave it a shot. I did it in training mode on snake, starting at 50%. On FD, (no slope) snake began to bounce on the 4th DA. In yoshi's (melee) (slope on right side) he began to bounce on the 4th DA. So I guess it doesn't effect that. =\

In fact, it doesn't seem to effect the mechanics at all. Everything is the same. =\

Though I did come across something not new, but interesting. I'll post that in the social thread.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Q: What happened to the name Dazlock?
A: It started out as an inside joke on the IRC channel and I think people were kind of rolling their eyes at me for calling it that. Plus, no one else is going to call it that but ZSS mains. However, it's just a name and you can call it Tuna Salad for all I care. ;)

"*****, you just got tuna-saladed."​

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Near the end of the dash attack animation (last 10 frames, the earlier the better), buffer an instant dash attack by buffering a dash (flick the control stick left or right, then release) and tapping the c-stick down.[/COLOR]
[*]Repeat.
Do you press c-stick down at the very first frame *after* the Dash Animation is finished?
Or do you complete the whole input before the Dash Animation ends?

Critical Guru

Smash Rookie
I've been practicing at this for about a week. I can't seem to get it. Most likely it is because of not buffering in the allotted amount of frames available.

Still, it is great that for those who worked hard on compiling the data. Thanks a bunch.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Are you sure your doing it at the right percents? It's really, really easy. If you can't do it after like 10 minutes of practices your probably:

1) Pressing A instead of C stick down

2) Trying this on Kirby...

3) Delaying the dash attack

4) So sexy the game is overwhelmed and doesn't correspond with the controller properly. I believe SFP had this problem.

What exactly is going wrong? If your going through them, your probably either too close or they're not at the right percent. If you D smash, your hitting the C stick first. If you'd upload a video or describe your problem it would be easier to help. ^^

Critical Guru

Smash Rookie
Are you sure your doing it at the right percents? It's really, really easy. If you can't do it after like 10 minutes of practices your probably:

1) Pressing A instead of C stick down

2) Trying this on Kirby...

3) Delaying the dash attack

4) So sexy the game is overwhelmed and doesn't correspond with the controller properly. I believe SFP had this problem.

What exactly is going wrong? If your going through them, your probably either too close or they're not at the right percent. If you D smash, your hitting the C stick first. If you'd upload a video or describe your problem it would be easier to help. ^^
I would like to say it is #4, but we all know that would be a complete fabrication. It may just be that I don't do it at the right percents.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Try going into Practice Mode and setting a Mario to like... 30% or so and doing it. Each time you mess up just hit start twice.

Critical Guru

Smash Rookie
Right, so I basically got it down. I wan't doing it at the right percents and I needed a bit more practice on the timing.

Top Bottom