• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ground game.

FaWa

Smash Apprentice
I've really been straying from competitive jigglypuff for a while in turn for a more viable ICs, but now I'm back, and...I SUCK!

In order to even come close to winning matches I have to risk staying in the air almost the entire time. So, I need serious tips on how to boost my ground game, and this is probobly the best place to ask so...

Help. :laugh:

Noobicidal

Smash Master
The best place to ask would be the sticked Q&A thread, but it's alright. Puff's ground game has only two purposes: Get the opponent back in the air with a grab, or get a high percentage kill with DACUS, utilt, or dash attack.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
As you may know, 'Puff doesn't have much of a ground game. Should you ever touch the ground, knock 'em back in the air and proceed to beat them up like a powerpuff girl.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff is flawed mostly because of her ground game or lack thereof.

Don't expect many tricks for improving it, however there are a few:

-Grabs are a great way to rack up damage and have a good range especially pivot grabs.
-DACUS can be used as a suprise kill move.
-U-tilt will eventually kill and is a good setup.

Some of the things that weaken her ground game are:

-Low run/walk speed.
-Low priority ground moves.
-Very few options.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
M, don't forget her bad range and slow start up on her kill moves.

Man, Jiggs is amazing.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
Point is, Jigglypuff can't survive at all. I'll save the whining and slitting of wrists for the social thread though.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
ground game.....

you have DACUS- its situational tho
dash attack- this is probly her best ground move IMO dont abuse it tho (unless your online and want to play ***/cheat u can spam it; use sparingly offline)
f-tilt- bad range but good for intercepting slower attacks or if your opponent isnt suspecting it
u-tilt- juggling... or kill unstaled at high %s cept range is ***
grabs- Grab ****ing is a good idea with Jigglypuff, she has a great grab range, I like this as much as DA
rollout- good online, probly will get your face ***** if u try this offline
d-tilt- lolno
d-smash- lolno
f-smash- if your opponent is stoned this might actually hit and kill
u-smash- see DACUS

her ground game is nerfed, and almost nonexistant. I normally would say it is non-existant, but im in a good mood today so I will be more optimistic. Her nerfed smashes is why imo she is bottom tier. Smash64 or even Melee f-smash would make killing so much easier =/

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
ground game.....

dash attack- this is probly her best ground move IMO dont abuse it tho (unless your online and want to play ***/cheat u can spam it; use sparingly offline)
f-tilt- bad range but good for intercepting slower attacks or if your opponent isnt suspecting it
u-tilt- juggling... or kill unstaled at high %s cept range is ***
grabs- Grab ****ing is a good idea with Jigglypuff, she has a great grab range, I like this as much as DA
rollout- good online, probly will get your face ***** if u try this offline
d-tilt- lolno
d-smash- lolno
f-smash- if your opponent is stoned this might actually hit and kill
u-smash- see DACUS

her ground game is nerfed, and almost nonexistant. I normally would say it is non-existant, but im in a good mood today so I will be more optimistic. Her nerfed smashes is why imo she is bottom tier. Smash64 or even Melee f-smash would make killing so much easier =/
i hate jigglypuffs who start the match with rollout, but ive heard its good for reading your opponent. theres always the chance that they will rush in at the beginning of a match.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
"Ground Game" gets a certificate for being the most active thread in months aside from the social thread.

I completely forgot about utilt, it's range is pretty poor and I usually don't use it for killing anyway. Though it's one of Puff's better moves, which isn't saying much.
Woody, what person doesn't jump out of the way when they see a Jigglypuff spinning rapidly? Even if they are rushing to beat that pink ball up, I would assume they're not that oblivious.

highfive

Smash Lord
I agree with DemonFart.

Tell truth I use rollout to recover to the stage during some situations. Here are the questions:

Does the opponent have enough damage to be KO'd with rollout?

Is the height were rollout is being used enough to ensure Jiggly can make it back even if it happens to hit something before she gets back on stage?

Is it Gaymenwatch?

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
"Ground Game" gets a certificate for being the most active thread in months aside from the social thread.

I completely forgot about utilt, it's range is pretty poor and I usually don't use it for killing anyway. Though it's one of Puff's better moves, which isn't saying much.
Woody, what person doesn't jump out of the way when they see a Jigglypuff spinning rapidly? Even if they are rushing to beat that pink ball up, I would assume they're not that oblivious.
then just hold it and hold it and hold it :D

DemonFart

Smash Lord
I really just use rollout when I get sent flying to one of the top corners of the screen; I charge it and when I get near the stage I let go and fly free toward my opponent. Then they press shield or jump and I have a fit.

FaWa

Smash Apprentice
I really just use rollout when I get sent flying to one of the top corners of the screen; I charge it and when I get near the stage I let go and fly free toward my opponent. Then they press shield or jump and I have a fit.
You do know you can change the direction of Rollout right?

_____

Thanks for the help guys. I'll try to get better at Puff using these tips.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
I'm aware that I can change its direction but that isn't until I let it go. By then, they're already on the other side of the stage.

artifact

Smash Cadet
i only use rollout when im knocked high up off stage and can charge it then fly at my opponent. Charging it on the ground has a lot of problems because just about any projectile will cancel rollout. However it can be good for mindgames with opponents who have no projectile as it can be charged forever, and timed correctly can get a reletively early kill. On the ground Jiggs needs to literally abuse short hopping into a Dair or Fair. Throw in a grab, pummel, slam to refresh your Fair then go for the WoP. That usually works for me in alot of games.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
You'd be suprised how useful it is. Not at all situational.

I almost forgot about rollout. Decent tech chaser and the best thing to do when your opponent preforms a recovery move above the stage and can't DI to the edge.

Still easy to stop though, don't grow too fond of it.

highfive

Smash Lord
You'd be suprised how useful it is. Not at all situational.

I almost forgot about rollout. Decent tech chaser and the best thing to do when your opponent preforms a recovery move above the stage and can't DI to the edge.

Still easy to stop though, don't grow too fond of it.
So.. no spamming that **** like Snoop Dogg smoking weed?

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
jab is real good upclose, ftilt works too. Dash atk is great after many SH Bairs and Fairs, and pounds; people don't expect it. Mix grabs with dash attack to keep em guessing.

Also I crouch a lot to bait people into rest; I've realized the hitbox is as if Jiggly was standing, whilst being hard to hit.

ALSO I charge Rollout whenever they use their doublejump and let it go right before they land.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
How could M forget about rollout, he uses it all the time in our games.<3 It seems Manic has the idea, the only thing you should do on the ground is press jump.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
Okay, I finished separating them. You still use it as an attack quite a bit. Mostly out of desperation.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Okay, I finished separating them. You still use it as an attack quite a bit. Mostly out of desperation.
During our matches you would hop up on a platform where it is safe and wait for it to end. Besides that, I don't recal any desperate attempts with it because I now use dash attack; a much more practical move.

Also, there are fun ways to stop rollout. If it hits your shield from behind, grab during the hitlag and boom.

Ask Woody about n-air buffers, he's great at those.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Get out before you find a tech that ruins rest, like you ruined Sonics dthrow :mad:
Actually, teching still puts the other person at frame disadvantage.

But there actually IS something about rest, something big. I won't divulge the info to anyone though unless puff somehow becomes a threat competitively. ;)

:093:

artifact

Smash Cadet
yea, pound is a surprisingly high priority attack lol pisses my friends off alot

artifact

Smash Cadet
Why is this posted here?

Pound should only be used in the air.
lol no, any move can be used anywhere, its just certain moves tend to have more uses in the air or on the ground, but i promise you pound can def. be used effectively on the ground.

Top Bottom