• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grev Monthly XII - TBA

Adam M!

Smash Lord
connor you know what, you were right and i was wrong

maybe i am being too close-minded re this project m thing. you are providing your own setup so what's the big deal?

i would like to give it a shot!

Adam M!

Smash Lord
i will be teaming with sheridan (who is gohan going SSJ2 v cell right now imo) at this so it will have to be another time!

that said, i will do my best to have a partner for you in my back pocket (what's up AJ!) so fear not!

i play sheik/fox/falco/marth/falcon now so if you do come to this we can $5 mm every single one of those matchups =)

edit: i will also be challenging every ranked person on the PR at this! bring money with you please! $5 minimum! i'd prefer $10-$20 though, but it's up to you!

same to you stabbed.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
good to hear you'll try out project m, Adam. It'd be really nice if you could give me feedback and what you think should be changed since you know a lot about Melee.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
connor i thought u were gonna QUIT being such a nerd???

jk, but seriously
if you're a nerd, embrace that ****, don't live in repressed nerd-dom all your life
it'll only make it worse
this a hundred times. my first year or two of college was such a bizarre time for me cuz I couldn't figure out how to repress my nerdiness - then I realized I didn't have to LOL

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
i know more than a handful of guys who go to the game room/basement to play yugioh cards right next to all of the pool tables

no one really cares that ygo is 'lame' and pool is 'cool'

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
I think you mean Grev VIII since you weren't at Grev IX. And yes, this venue is in Irvine not Trabuco Canyon.

It's an extra 10-15 minutes when driving from where you live.

The address is in the first post.

Hope you can make it eddy. =)

Adam M!

Smash Lord
stabbed imo u should think about raising the venue fee ($5) and also the discount off a setup. it'd probably make you more money (few bring setups regardless) while providing more incentive to bring setups. personally i could bring 2 tvs, a cube and 2 power strips but an extra $3 actually loses me money compared to the extra gas my car uses to lug the extra weight

Kira-

Smash Champion
Matt I guarantee less people will bring setups if there is no discount.

Also you will make an extra.. 30 bucks? Is that worth a bad tournament? Especially if no one comes again in the long run?

Adam M!

Smash Lord
dave stop being so passive aggressive! that's the second time you try to rebuke my point without addressing me! not very christian, is it? i thought christians preached forgiveness? why haven't you responded to my PM then? you're better than that!

any negativity you hold inside you is hurting yourself more than anyone else.

nevermind that you're absolutely wrong because i never said anything about removing the discount!

try again dave!

edit: that's why religion has such a poor impact on society! the message gets lost in translation! it's like saying, "hey, i have the answer!" "no, over here, i have the answer!" no, the point is NO ONE has the answer because there is no such thing as universal truth! we all have the answers inside of us!

rus s0uL

Smash Apprentice
I will go! I'm gonna bring a tv or even a whole set up if i bring bryant & eric. I'm not gonna enter teams tho, i dunno i think i'm just a horrible teams partner lol. see you guys there.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
edit: that's why religion has such a poor impact on society! the message gets lost in translation! it's like saying, "hey, i have the answer!" "no, over here, i have the answer!" no, the point is NO ONE has the answer because there is no such thing as universal truth! we all have the answers inside of us!
religion doesnt have a poor impact on society.PEOPLE have a poor impact if anything.youre right in saying the message gets lost in translation but thats not relgion's fault.people are what messes everything up.i believe that saying "there is NO universal truth" is a matter of opinon (which in turn is a statement of opinon..so its up to you all reading to determine the validity of that last one lol) ..in all, i'd say youre half right.the message of religion DOES get lost but its because people choose to reject it or replace it with their own determinations of whats right and wrong, and the answers ARE inside of us but there only one reason why theyre there

..my 2 cents.guess i got trolled lol.dont usually respond to this kind of stuff

Kira-

Smash Champion
I haven't responded to your PM because I'm not going to make small talk with someone who openly criticizes me and everyone in the community at every opportunity.

If you have really changed your ways I have no problem forgiving you for every mistake that you make. However, as much as you have to say about understanding and negativity, all I have seen are hypocritical acts from you so far.

Matt can do what he wants with the tournament; he can learn from it no matter the outcome. Will there be food again?

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
stabbed imo u should think about raising the venue fee ($5) and also the discount off a setup. it'd probably make you more money (few bring setups regardless) while providing more incentive to bring setups. personally i could bring 2 tvs, a cube and 2 power strips but an extra $3 actually loses me money compared to the extra gas my car uses to lug the extra weight
The venue fee stacks, if you bring two TVs, a cube and 2 power strips that would be $7. That means 3 off your venue fee and I'd contribute 4 dollars to your singles fee so you'd only need to put in 1. I'm not sure if I made that clear enough in the OP, so I'll reword it.

I don't really like the idea of making money off tournaments, because I'm pretty well off as it is.

Edit: Oh whoops, I think I misread that haha. Idk man, I thought the idea of getting money off your venue and even your singles fee was pretty tantalizing.

Also, raising the venue fee might lower entrants. We figured a while ago that $3 was a happy medium between enough entrants and having enough of a discount for peoplewo bring setups.

Will there be food again?
Yeah, we'll be BBQing hotdogs again. If anyone wants to volunteer to cook the hotdogs, you have my thanks lol

Adam M!

Smash Lord
The venue fee stacks
Did you even read my post! I already know this! I feel like you're so quick to get your point across you didn't bother to comprehend my post! Here's my post:

"stabbed imo u should think about raising the venue fee ($5) and also the discount off a setup. it'd probably make you more money (few bring setups regardless) while providing more incentive to bring setups. personally i could bring 2 tvs, a cube and 2 power strips but an extra $3 actually loses me money compared to the extra gas my car uses to lug the extra weight"

Who consistently brings setups all the time? Me! Yet I'm letting you know the way you are running the tournament now you are not giving me any incentive to bring setups! So if you're not giving me any incentive, are you giving others incentive? Maybe you should be more open to listening considering you consistently whine about lack of setups!

I don't even plan on entering the tournament! I could just as easily bring zero setups!

Also, raising the venue fee might lower entrants. We figured a while ago that $3 was a happy medium between enough entrants and having enough of a discount for peoplewo bring setups.
You're the one who said people don't bring setups! I am a person who does bring setups and I am trying to show you my perspective! Why zren't you listening? What I said doesn't necessarily need a response from you; all you have to do is think about it and come to your own conclusion.

You and Dave's negativity just makes me sad!

\
religion doesnt have a poor impact on society.PEOPLE have a poor impact if anything.
why do you feel the two are mutually exclusive? religion is made by man! the bible is man's interpretation of god's word! you are agreeing with me!

youre right in saying the message gets lost in translation but thats not relgion's fault.
divide and conquer!

in all, i'd say youre half right.the message of religion DOES get lost but its because people choose to reject it or replace it with their own determinations of whats right and wrong, and the answers ARE inside of us but there only one reason why theyre there
you don't need to be religious to have faith! religion is man imo! why do you believe the two are separate?

I haven't responded to your PM because I'm not going to make small talk with someone who openly criticizes me and everyone in the community at every opportunity.
that's your decision and you're entitled to feel that way! but honestly it's like a 10:1 ratio of people who like me to dislike me. you can feel free to dislike me but you're going to feel silly one day when you realize everyone else likes me! you may view me negatively but why do i still think positively of you? why is the negativity only on one end? you're only hurting yourself!

If you have really changed your ways I have no problem forgiving you for every mistake that you make.
actions speak louder than words! i acted when i offered you an olive branch with that PM! you are just talking out of the side of your mouth now!

However, as much as you have to say about understanding and negativity, all I have seen are hypocritical acts from you so far.
what an ironic statement considering the sentence that comes before it! let me ask you a question: do you believe people should treat others how they wish to be treated themselves?

Top Bottom