• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Green Eggs and Ham - Online G&W Only Tourney (Finished - Congrats lain!)

VDZ

Smash Apprentice
Chkn, check your ****ed PMs :\
You need to pick a time so we can play on saturday.

And yeah, I haven't played AT ALL in a while...****ed job :\

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
I guess its you and me. Thursday before 7, most of saturday, Next Tuesday and Wednesday are pretty good times for me.
lets wait til everyones matches follow through before we start round 2.

besides, i was busy yesterday, and am going to be busy saturday.

tuesday and wednesday do sound good tho, so long as everyone goes through

VDZ

Smash Apprentice
Still no PM from chkn...I won't be able to play anymore again after sunday evening :\

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
10 Justn vs Hylian ------------Hylian
3 JLynn943 vs DaDAM -------DaDAM

4 VDZ vs CHCKN ---------------CHCKN
12 PAsko vs I.iZ.nO.1 ---------I.iZ.nO.1

2 Lain vs DemonicTrilogy------Lain
5 Unit182 vs A2ZOMG ---------A2ZOMG

9 Brett vs Holysnap
16 Gear vs Mr Escalator--------Mr Escalator

1 Hawks Go Caw vs wul
7 BDRGN vs Neb -------------BDRGN

14 Cyan vs ~The Koopa King~ -----------Cyan
8 doodmahn vs Shingles

11 Samai vs JustKindaBoredUKno --------JKBUK
13 daytimeninja vs Matt------------------Matt

6 Pixeldude vs T_T
15 Tirno vs godsmith2 --------------------godsmith2

Substitutes:
-Debonu
-AnytimeMinutes
-NaPPy
-TheStig
-idontgottaname
-Elmo
-Draconoa44
-Ygrt

I guess this is where it stands then

I.iZ.nO.1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iizno1
3DS FC
1349-7897-6883
^^ DaDAM said he dropped out so i believe JLynn moves on

VDZ

Smash Apprentice
Hold on. Why does CHKN automatically win? Last time, we couldn't play because of my busy workschedule. However, this time, we couldn't play because CHKN just didn't respond to my PM. Last time I was willing to forfeit the game because it were problems on my part preventing the game from being played; but this time we could've played if it weren't for chkn.
So, unless chkn gives a good excuse why he didn't respond to my PM despite the huge amount of time he had to do so, I am NOT dropping out.

I.iZ.nO.1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iizno1
3DS FC
1349-7897-6883
^^ i agree, we should give chckn an opportuniy to tell us his side, and Esc should be brought in to deside this outcome.

chckn

Smash Ace
Hold on. Why does CHKN automatically win? Last time, we couldn't play because of my busy workschedule. However, this time, we couldn't play because CHKN just didn't respond to my PM. Last time I was willing to forfeit the game because it were problems on my part preventing the game from being played; but this time we could've played if it weren't for chkn.
So, unless chkn gives a good excuse why he didn't respond to my PM despite the huge amount of time he had to do so, I am NOT dropping out.
Thats a load of crap and you know it. I pmed you or posted on here saying ANYTIME youre free let me know, and you never wrote back. You even said that youre too busy with work, and cannot get on to play. If you wanna play today let me know if not idk man. This **** is taking way too long.

VDZ

Smash Apprentice
(After I already stated that I was unable to play during the weekdays that week:)
08-04-2008, 07:33 PM, from chkn
Well I can play anytime today, just message me back with a time when you are free.

08-06-2008, 09:49 AM, from VDZ
I can't play today, or tomorrow, or the day after. Pick a random reasonable time on saturday, we'll play then.

('Reasonable' was referring to a list of times I gave him in my first PM that showed times when we could both the available (as in, that it's not like 3 AM on either side or something).)

Saturday was the 9th. You had from the 6th until the 9th to respond to that PM with a random time, but you didn't. I am currently not home, and won't be until wednesday or thursday, so we can't play without delaying the entire tourney.

VDZ

Smash Apprentice
I have time, in the weekends (this sunday is an exception - I got kicked out of the house for a couple of days, and am staying at my mom's right now, where I don't have my Wii. Still, there was saturday). But if the person doesn't respond all week, we can't play in the weekend.

But anyways, what's up with your 'I didn't receive a response'? Was the PM not delivered to your inbox? Did you not notice it and you didn't get an e-mail notification? Did you read it but forget about it?

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
No PM. Now I can no longer play because of personal reasons ¬.¬
thats why i put him ahead. If you guys can work out a date then by all means go for it, but i took this as a DQ me.

3 JLynn943 vs DaDAM -------JLynn943

4 VDZ vs CHCKN ---------------

9 Brett vs Holysnap

1 Hawks Go Caw vs wul

8 doodmahn vs Shingles

6 Pixeldude vs T_T

and sorry Jlynn, thats what i meant.

...why do I feel like I'm running this?

If anyone would be up for it, I'll organize one after this, hopefully get more people into this as well.

Neb

Smash Lord
thats why i put him ahead. If you guys can work out a date then by all means go for it, but i took this as a DQ me.

9 Brett vs Holysnap

1 Hawks Go Caw vs wul

8 doodmahn vs Shingles

6 Pixeldude vs T_T

and sorry Jlynn, thats what i meant.

...why do I feel like I'm running this?

If anyone would be up for it, I'll organize one after this, hopefully get more people into this as well.
Esc is on vacation in Las Vegas, having the time of his life.
Actually, I dunno where the h*ll he is, good job though, lol.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
^lol thanks. at least i get something.

btw, does anyone wanna contact Pixeldude, T_T, Brett, Holysnap, doodmahn, and/or shingles? Or at least check in on them? They may not even be aware of this tourney... and it'd be weird to just DQ 3 entire matches

I.iZ.nO.1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iizno1
3DS FC
1349-7897-6883
^^^ no problem, i will try and get ahold of them, no need for all of the work to be on you while Esc is out.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
^^^ no problem, i will try and get ahold of them, no need for all of the work to be on you while Esc is out.
thanks =]

Triple dog dare you.
lol well holysnap just answered. i figured we'll give em all til friday. Thats the deadline we'll say. (unless esc comes back and says otherwise) Cuz we really need to move this along. If we still have unsettled matches, we'll go from there.

VDZ

Smash Apprentice
Ah, if we get until Friday...chkn, pick a random reasonable time on Thursday. I'll be back home by then. Don't forget this time, okay?

I.iZ.nO.1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iizno1
3DS FC
1349-7897-6883
well i just talked to IamBrett and he said that he cant play hes been busy, with that said i think Holysnap moves on. As for the others, still trying to get ahold of them.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord

9 Brett vs Holysnap ------------HolySNAP

1 Hawks Go Caw vs wul

8 doodmahn vs Shingles

6 Pixeldude vs T_T

If we don't hear from either person in doodmahns + singles round or pixeldude + T_T's round by tm night (it being 8:33 pm where i am now), i think we should pull in the first two or four subs and give em a shot to play.

Hawks Go Caw and Wul, you guys figure something out yet?

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
JustKindaBoredUKno has done a great job at keeping this going :]
I'll move onto Round 2 soon!

Just giving some last little time for people to show face and not get DQ'd.
People like Chckn and VDZ have been both semi active, so they will have an extension while round two takes place, and we'll see how that goes.

Also, thanks I Is No One :D

I.iZ.nO.1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iizno1
3DS FC
1349-7897-6883
still have yet to hear from the other participants. Of them, Pixeldude has not been active for a month now, doodmahn and T_T have not been active for 2 weeks as of today, and shingles was active a couple days ago. So dont think we will be hearing from pixeldude, and a bit unlikely that we will hear from doodmahn and T_T.

I.iZ.nO.1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iizno1
3DS FC
1349-7897-6883
sounds like a good idea to me. Shall i PM Debonu, AnytimeMinutes, and NaPPy then? If so, when should i tell them thier deadline is? Friday?

Edit: Debonu and Anytime have not been active for over 2 weeks, so shall i invite TheStig and idontgottaname? Both have been active yesterday and today. Nappy was available to 10th, so i can try and get ahold of Nappy.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
This is still going on?

Too bad, I don't see everyone jumping on this topic. =(

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
I'm an alternate so just waitin for this one to end and the next to start, so I can get a good start on that one

I.iZ.nO.1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iizno1
3DS FC
1349-7897-6883
Nappy and Piman 34, you both can sub in since i have yet to hear from anyone else. Your match will take place of Pixeldude vs T_T. Try to get your match in by friday.

VDZ

Smash Apprentice
VDZ said:
chckn said:
VDZ said:
chckn said:
VDZ said:
chckn said:
VDZ said:
Just to be on the safe side, I'll also PM this:

"Ah, if we get until Friday...chkn, pick a random reasonable time on Thursday. I'll be back home by then. Don't forget this time, okay?"
Chicken's never forget, and any time after 6:30 pm my time is a good time for me on thursday. Just pm me on here when youre free.
Taking the time zone comparison chart again;
Florida - Netherlands
UTC-4 - UTC+2
8:00 = 14:00
9:00 = 15:00
10:00 = 16:00
11:00 = 17:00
12:00 = 18:00
13:00 = 19:00
14:00 = 20:00
15:00 = 21:00
16:00 = 22:00
17:00 = 23:00
18:00 = 0:00

18:30 your time is 0:30 my time. Although I personally don't have a problem with that, my dad and younger brother do. I live with my dad, in the same room as my younger brother, so I can't play, as my dad will complain I should go to sleep and my younger brother will complain I should stop playing.
You absolutely can't play before 6:30 pm?
Well I cant really play at work. And you do realize the rediculous amount that this will lag since you live so far.
I know, I've played against Americans before. So, how about Friday after 2 pm your time then?
yeah thats alright.
Very well. Then we'll play this Friday, at 3 PM your time. (9 PM my time.)
Chckn's profile said:
# Last Activity: Today 08:56 PM
He had plenty of time to read the message and respond if he didn't agree. He didn't respond, so I assumed we had settled on a time we could both play. It's 9:30 PM my time right now.
I already confirmed with other people that 9 PM my time is indeed 3 PM in Florida, so it was not a time conversion problem.
He just doesn't show up. I even installed AIM to contact the *******, but even there he's offline.
Here on Smashboards he went offline right (3 minutes) before I sent him a PM regarding the match (my neutral strike out choices).
I've done everything I can this time, but this time he just totally ****ed up.

Not only that, but on the friend roster he's still listed as 'Awaiting Registration', even though I added him hours ago. If I recall correctly, he will show up as 'Offline' minutes/seconds after he has also added me to his friend roster. In other words, chckn hasn't even added me to his friend roster - so it isn't possible he was confused and thought we'd play at 8 PM either (also, he would probably have sent PMs if that was the case).

Long story short, Chckn simply DID NOT SHOW UP AT THE APPOINTED TIME. I've waited since 9 PM, and it's currently 9:40 PM, and there's still no sign of him. I'm sick of waiting, as he'll probably not show up at all.

I don't think it would be fair if I didn't get a chance to advance to the next round because Chkcn doesn't show up. Please let me win this game by default.

To Chckn; make sure you show up at the appointed time next time, dammit. Also, I still want to play against you sometime to see if I would have lost this first round if you DID show up. I'm still quite inexperienced in SSBB, so I was likely to have been eliminated in the first round.

EDIT: Kind of important, timestamp on that last PM is 08-12-2008, 09:29 PM. That's three days ago, so he had plenty of time to respond.

I.iZ.nO.1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iizno1
3DS FC
1349-7897-6883
Looking at everything from the beginning i think that VDZ should move. Seeing as how while Esc isnt here me and JKBUK have been running this, i will wait for him to give his input. But as far as i can tell VDZ moves on to the next round.

D

Deleted member

This is taking an unbelievable amount of time and there apparently isn't a deadline! I just wanna ask when Round 2 starts

Top Bottom