• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Dragon_Hawk jumps into action with his hardcore pokemoning powers!!!

Go Snorlax. Curse. GGs all around.

Also, is there a smashfest going down this saturday?

efex

Smash Cadet
i only brought my controller, but for you i will use my mental powers to project images on a screen for you, or i will just come back and dominate everyone :D

efex

Smash Cadet
dont worry i am going to there smash fest on friday, i will come back a clone :D

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
dont worry i am going to there smash fest on friday, i will come back a clone :D

Don't get it twisted, Matt. In terms of Awesome Tier List I still kick your ***. The only thing above me right now is Canada Hat.

Infact I'm so awesome, that if Peach were to dsmash me while I was crouching, SHE'D get 86%'d because of my awesomeness.

Know you're role, Matt. Don't make me use my mind to teleport you in a bed with a 400 pound french *****. :000

efex

Smash Cadet
VIVE LE RESISTANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(sorry theres nothing to do in otttawa but get drunk, i've already ahd a 40 of vodka and i'm chillin =])
btw my falco will mindgame you so hard your going to put your controller down :D

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
This Saturday should be our 2nd Alphamale Bimonthly where we do the Ranking Battle. We're having some iffy house probs. It'll be $5 for the pools and tournament, $1 for the house and an optional $5 for pizza that everyone will pitch in (5 slices).

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
This Saturday should be our 2nd Alphamale Bimonthly where we do the Ranking Battle. We're having some iffy house probs. It'll be $5 for the pools and tournament, $1 for the house and an optional $5 for pizza that everyone will pitch in (5 slices).
Heh sweet I'll get to show off my surprisingly slothy Ice Climbers and my too-defensive Sheik that doesn't know how to dash attack.

Or maybe I'll just break down and play Pika and Kirby the whole time. My Pikachu is coming along nicely. The thought has occured that maybe if I wasn't playing like every cuddly character I saw, my mains would improve... maybe I should try doing that lol. But nah. Pika and Kirby are too sexy.

Is this one double elim? Please say it's double elim.

DSMANIAC92

Smash Cadet
HAHAHA yay a teacher said maybe! I'm one step closer to SSBM club at my school!

but yeah i really need to go to a fest or tourney because you all must think i some pervert who gets his kicks from talking to smash players...which im not.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Random Pools to Double Elim Would be the best option and WOULD work.
As long as we have 3 tvs with smash, and people play there matches when they have to, and dont hold up tourny matches for friendlies.

Also as far as the rankings afterwards go, we should have at least another panelist, (I'm nominating myself due to the fact that I've played enough people to know who does well against what...). Anyways, I'll try and get at least Devine Knight and Del to come down with me this time.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
I know for fact I can bring a TV and a cube to this one and will have no problems bringing either.

If we can get 3-4 TVs I say we try double elim with random pools. If it doesn't work, I guarantee it will be because either a sufficient amount of people showed up late to halt the entire thing or because friendlies are monopolizing the matches more than they should be.

I.B

Smash Lord
I'm agreeing with David and Nate about the double elim thing. Once the actual tourney starts, there has to be absolutely no friendlies. It'll be easier to get the tourney running smoothly if we see tv's free than if we see a friendly happening and have to ask if it's a tourney match or not. So guys, once again, when the tourney starts, NO FRIENDLIES.

Also, what time is this starting?

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
WTF? We have to pay to defend our rank? What sort of evil superintentious bull**** is this??? I demand that ranking battles are free.

EDIT: nevermind, Matt just told me about it. The only way it can be at his house is if his parents get money.

...but why the one dollar?

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure people are bringing TVs. But I agree there should be a few..and maybe at least 1 open for friendlies..

But I wanna go because I haven't played some people in evar, and NNR and David's prolly gonna be there. Plus some guys in that Mississauga Smash Tourney facebook thing wanna MM me. I haven't played Andy with Flaco, either..

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Excellent. Sheik, ICs and my assortment of cute characters vs the mighty and powerful Imadh. btw I think efex is going too, so I'm gonna assume I should - or someone else should - tell him to bring recording equipment.

Which reminds me to tell you all to bring recording equipment so we can get this crap uploaded.

efex

Smash Cadet
i can only record one match at a time -_-;; what time is the smashfest anyways i get back int oronto around 12....i really hopping i can make it out !

D

Deleted member

I have a feeling I won't be coming to this mini-thing...busy that day I think :/

(make it next week?)

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
I'll probly be late if it's next weekend or maybe nto make it at all =/
Yeah well nobody likes you anyways. :lick:

You and your IC hating. :( Or maybe it's me you hate. :( I don't see how it could be me, though. It's common knowledge amongst you people (and a bit of a joke from what I hear) that I can't wobble very well. Chain throws and pivot desynchs on the other hand... :evil:

lol I'm just messing with you. It sucks if you can't come :(

Is there some way we could manage two ranking battles back to back or would that be too much work/strain? I could help maybe, I'm (thankfully) not being attacked by chemistry and calculus right now.

And what's with this "David might be there" crap, Drolian? I will be there, I almost always try to make these things. FFS I want to go up. Not that I'm not upset with 8th in the Sauga rankings but I think I can do better than that with some serious work. So Drolian and Dzenan - I'm looking to steal your spots.

efex

Smash Cadet
what time is it going to be this weekend ???? i gotta know how fast i gotta get home

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
And what's with this "David might be there" crap, Drolian? I will be there, I almost always try to make these things. FFS I want to go up. Not that I'm not upset with 8th in the Sauga rankings but I think I can do better than that with some serious work. So Drolian and Dzenan - I'm looking to steal your spots.

If I make it, I'm sure that won't happen. ;)

(Or go up myself)

Top Bottom