• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

unknown522

Some guy
yeah, they did real attacks for once!!!

edit: yeah, V115 did pretty good. Before going into the set, holy told me that ZSS vs ROB is a bad matchup and that he might lose

Windrose

Smash Lord
korra discussion (spoilers)

What do you mean real attacks? Like the fights were on the same epic scale as they were in the original series? If so, I feel the same way, like when mako used lightning attacks...they were so puny wtf. Lightning bending is supposed to huge. Maybe it's cuz they were restricted to fighting within the city most of the times.

I really liked the fight of tarlock vs korra i thought it was well choreographed. The fight scenes don't seem to be as long though in korra so far. One party is always on the escape or pursuit. The length of fights also feel shorter.

======

How did tarlock do his bloodbending? I didn't understand the flash back. Was it because of that amulet around his neck or something that allowed him to blood bend anytime?

And damn...amon is strong, he's so cool. The equalists are all pretty cool. They all look like the guy from splinter cell.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Lolz

I meant that the bending in this series is disproportionately weaker then in the original. I can understand for the purposes of the Pro Bending, like be fast, throw small hits and move, etc. But... when Korra was fighting that mecho-tank and she jumped back to dodge something then earthbend, she tried to throw a small rock barely the size of her head at that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScdnwyKizeA Like at the end of that video

When in the original it's clearly established that people under or around the age of 10 (very early in the series) can do things like make tornadoes, cause entire fields of ground to uproot, etc. very comfortably.

Anyways, I vote Amon for zombie tier cause he's immune to blood bending unless they do something gay like Kage logic where your will power just gets you through everything. Which is what I think they'll do >_> Honestly if they do they have to like, feature Kage himself in the show.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
1. stop playing 23 characters
2. play 1 or 2 characters MAX
3. ???
4. Profit

this has been the road to improvement for literally every person who was ever good at this game.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Lightning benders in Korra may not be as powerful but metal benders are pretty damn impressive. I wish I could get dressed like Lin every morning, just have armour wrap itself around you. A faster way to break necks and cash cheques.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
you're a good friend for being there for her bing, good luck to her :(

[collapse=not related to anything]

dat username and timestamp[/collapse]

Bing

Smash Master
Stef holy **** that's ****!

And she's doing better, I spent 5 hours with her until they kicked me out lol.. I dunno something apparently clicked and now she doesn't seem nearly as depressed. I'm hoping she stays like this and continues to improve.

:phone:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
That's great to hear, I hope so too. Sounds like your visit helped :)

Windrose

Smash Lord
i can donate monopoly money.

yeah pp asked me to house him. i'm looking into the logistics of that cuz i have to book a school day off to pick this guy up from the airport.

i'm gonna get mang0 and pp's autographs. maybe get them to sign my melee cases or something.

Windrose

Smash Lord
I can't believe they have just that part on youtube LOL

===========

I just rewatched the film festival episode featuring man getting hit by a football.

I think up to this date, that's one of my top 5 episodes from the simpsons.

Sleaf

Smash Cadet
I can't believe they have just that part on youtube LOL

===========

I just rewatched the film festival episode featuring man getting hit by a football.

I think up to this date, that's one of my top 5 episodes from the simpsons.
LOL

Contest is over!! give that man the ten thousand dollars

I.B

Smash Lord
guys let's plan a night out to a bar or club since all these OOC guys are coming.

shayna gave the idea of having a predrink at her place

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Anyways, I vote Amon for zombie tier cause he's immune to blood bending unless they do something gay like Kage logic where your will power just gets you through everything. Which is what I think they'll do >_> Honestly if they do they have to like, feature Kage himself in the show.
Personally, I hope he's the Terminator.

Top Bottom