• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

I.B

Smash Lord
Haha aww Reggie if only I knew ahead of time you were coming, numerous bars would've been blessed by us

*pops collar*

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Sounds about right.

It's human nature to crave more- our existence is continuous suffering, release from materialism is the very definition of Nirvana- a concept featured in many cultures.

In five years? I've always burdened myself with the past, I'm certain thinking about the future won't help that much either.

The present? Focus on it so I have a future.
It doesn't help to think about the future only if it's something that's thought out with your mind. Like thinking about how a situation will turn out for example, that's not very good because already you are making a situation more complicated than it will be. However, you still need a VERY clear image of what you want to become in the future if you want to attain something meaningful. For example, for me it would be obviously to be a strong, reliable warrior. Someone that surpass normal boundaries... for example. =)

So obviously somethings will have to wait but it's good to be in constant training and refinement of your own being right now. Enjoy what you have and whatever you do well.. eliminate the bad things that hold you back from your goals.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yo Kage, Street fighter at Foonzo today. Robert is gonna be there, along with John and 2 of his Ubipals. I'm bringing my stick, hoping to get a few games with his pals who are pads players.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i don't have a clear image of what i want to be in the future

all i know is that i just want to be happy with my life, regardless of what i'm doing... and it's working out so far :)

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
...the boards look really ****ed up, is their anyway i can switch it back to the older view?

oh btw im back this time....by back i mean ima hit all those A&C tournies anyways

Rikana

Smash Champion
I keep rewatching the AriqueNuub combo video. I think Imma download that on my iphone to show whoever thinks competitive smash is trash. Well, they're right about Brawl at least.

Windrose

Smash Lord
...the boards look really ****ed up, is their anyway i can switch it back to the older view?

oh btw im back this time....by back i mean ima hit all those A&C tournies anyways
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...the falcon in that video makes me angry.... that is all
Which one? There are two falcon players.

EDIT: i think i know why, is it cuz they always die at the end of the combos (most of the time at very low percents?)

weon - X

Smash Ace
dash attack walljump up air to falcon punch. yeah we were watching it with ryan and he mentioned chris would be angry about it lol

Ministry

Smash Ace
Finishing teachers College hopefully :p

Speaking of Drinking and meds. Im not supposed to drink with Tegretol... but I do anyways... Just gotta do it in Moderation and not be dumb about it... if you're going to be stupid about it to begin with
I was on tegratol, vasatec, analoprill, losec, and morphine with the occasional codine. i think you will be fine

Yeah I get asked if I've been drinking everytime I have a seizure.

Drinking can cause them :/ Mines just a birth defect that will never go away thankfully
Mine were stress related or something, thats possible for you maybe.

Done culinary school, hopefully with a decent job, moved into my own apartment.

Other than that I really don't know.
Get your red seal also, culinary shcool is useless without it.

In Toronto, I miss my home. Not my parents house, just the city/people. >_> I can't remember a time when I ever wanted to live somewhere else even while every pretentious **** was talking about moving somewhere "better" in high school and the start of university.

Ideally after culinary school, I'd like to keep my seniority where I work and transfer it to one of their Toronto locations at least as a starter, assuming I want a different/better job I guess (working for a catering company now). I keep hearing about people who did that to escape the big city, I'd certainly like to hope it works in reverse.

-I suppose that assumes I keep that job for the next few years, etc. and that the world doesn't blow up because Republicans would rather do that then have a black guy in office.
good luck with culinary school, again get your red seal. I'm sort of in the same situation as you though, although i have never found somewhere that felt cool to live. excluding smashing with gta. I'm heading to Europe in September for a year then i might hit up Montreal and Vancouver. Also going to east coast because seafood is amazing.

Working a crappy job in 5 years probably?
Get a job as a video game tester. I always thought you would really excel at that.

Bing

Smash Master
I was on tegratol, vasatec, analoprill, losec, and morphine with the occasional codine. i think you will be fine

Mine were stress related or something, thats possible for you maybe.
Yeah, Im not too worried, I just hate having seizures... I still drink when I want however much I want though. And Im POSITIVE they're stress related. Its gotta be stress and not enough sleep, cause they generally happen when Im tired :p

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
anth i remember you saying you were playing melee on the york computers, do you have a usb controller adapter or something ? do want

unknown522

Some guy

but afro. You say that every time :/

Edit: yo James, I have 2 spare controllers for you to try out next time I come.

Also, I took my matches from your computer. Should I upload them?

Europhoria

Smash Lord
good luck with culinary school, again get your red seal. I'm sort of in the same situation as you though, although i have never found somewhere that felt cool to live. excluding smashing with gta. I'm heading to Europe in September for a year then i might hit up Montreal and Vancouver. Also going to east coast because seafood is amazing.
I know how important the seal is and I approve of your east coast decision

Top Bottom