• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

JPOBS

Smash Hero
yea, but the guy referred to mitochondria as cells :glare:
and he didn't explain how selectivity for cancer cells would be achieved. Wouldn't be that grand to kill cancer cells AND normal cells. you'd just kill the patient.
and he didn't even link to the actual journal article.

with poor news reporting like that, its no wonder no one gives a **** about the study.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydJmYSIw7vU&t=5m30s

most of this is boring as hell, but boss seems pretty good with luigi, so i can respect that. i set it at the part where it gets more interesting/fast.
>opened link
>saw luigi vs diddy kong
>closed tab

:embarrass:

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
FOR DA SHAO LIN

ermac's pretty good though.
Shao Lin is good in like every aspect possible. Options, mixups, range. Dude is a beast.

I feel like once I have teleportation tidbits down, I should be fine with Ermac. Can we play? I'm completely new so you'll have to teach me.

yea, but the guy referred to mitochondria as cells :glare:
and he didn't explain how selectivity for cancer cells would be achieved. Wouldn't be that grand to kill cancer cells AND normal cells. you'd just kill the patient.
and he didn't even link to the actual journal article.

with poor news reporting like that, its no wonder no one gives a **** about the study.
Mitochondria are organelles, shouldn't be referred to as cells. I just thought it was interesting, regardless of how factual the data was.

You would think they'd have a cure by now.

Windrose

Smash Lord
It's far from a cure. The drug mentioned is also just tackling the symptoms. An actual cure of cancer would require treating the underlying causes.

The causes of cancer are numerous and very complicated.

@JPOBS
I could play a little devil's advocate here and say that the article did provide references. Although it did not have direct primary references, it did have a link to the university of Alberta's research page. That's how I started when I dug into this article a bit more and through that I found journal articles via pubmed.

From what I found, the drug is not selective for cancer cells. It will target all cells but in normal cells it will just increase activity of PDH. It has been shown in studies that high amounts of the drug can cause toxicity and damage to livers and w/e like most other drugs out there.

Also, newspaper reporters aren't always 100% accurate when they report things anyways. The average reader probably has no idea what mitochondrions are and what dichloro-acetate even means so it can be easily interpreted incorrectly when a newspaper reporter is trying to document what is going on. Secondly, this article is not from what I would say is a big news reporting company so odds are their staff aren't as competent but that's just a guess.

idea

Smash Master
get better ryan =)

----------------------------------

haha, james, you went to the a and c games brawl tourney? good job getting 7th in a game you don't play anymore lol

(is "ragu" kurtis?)

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydJmYSIw7vU&t=5m30s

most of this is boring as hell, but boss seems pretty good with luigi, so i can respect that. i set it at the part where it gets more interesting/fast.
i thought it was a melee vid when you said that... i was disappointed

http://angaming.ca/?page_id=954

melee is confirmed for anime north
YAY... i'll be there ^_^ for a bit at least. tho i actually care about anime so I don't want to pay 35$ to go and melee lol. if ppl get together in the gaming room and get setups text me and i'll be down to play =D

also, thought i'd let you know you'v egotten a LOTTTT better from nightmare's tourney. just putting that out there.

>opened link
>saw luigi vs diddy kong
>closed tab

:embarrass:
i approve (Y)

(is "ragu" kurtis?)
likely

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
TyrantWolf/Adnan posting:

Pulling a Ryan Ford here and not logging out and loggng in. But yes Melee is happening, I'll be there. Try and get/setups just incase. I'll get more word on this asap gotta attend a meeting this upcoming week. So yes this will be a fairly well-runned thing.

Meta being there will be great, I hope to see you guys there, and I'll do my best to figure out **** asap.

unknown522

Some guy
^ lol, whatever man.

get better ryan =)

----------------------------------

haha, james, you went to the a and c games brawl tourney? good job getting 7th in a game you don't play anymore lol

(is "ragu" kurtis?)
yeah, that's kurtis. They're at my house now. Kurtis, James, Iliad, and

Wow
Get well soon Ryan :)

When did you find out you had it?
Thanks. I found out last september, but they scheduled my surgery for may 13th back then.

lol I'm in grade 11 and I realized this. Yeah, the article was poorly written.

Oh wow man sorry to hear. Congrats on your surgery though.
thanks man.

idea

Smash Master
YAY... i'll be there ^_^ for a bit at least. tho i actually care about anime so I don't want to pay 35$ to go and melee lol. if ppl get together in the gaming room and get setups text me and i'll be down to play =D
we should hang out that day and stuff.

(also meta/windrose/whoever else)

and lol, i even skipped to the part where it's like 2 minutes left of boss super predicting someone repeatedly in brawl then making them ragequit the second match, but FIIIINE you guys

TyrantWolf/Adnan posting:

Pulling a Ryan Ford here and not logging out and loggng in. But yes Melee is happening, I'll be there. Try and get/setups just incase. I'll get more word on this asap gotta attend a meeting this upcoming week. So yes this will be a fairly well-runned thing.

Meta being there will be great, I hope to see you guys there, and I'll do my best to figure out **** asap.
i'm gonna be wandering around with my cousin and some of her friends most of the day, but i'll be there for at least part of the tournament.

actually i'll be there for as much of it as i can without it starting to bother her <_<

JPOBS

Smash Hero
You would think they'd have a cure by now.
meh. cancer is basically a blanket term for a disease which can arise out of a large array of mutations, and multiple mutations working in conjunction.

Thats the biggest problem with finding a "cure", there are so many factors its not like its just one thing they can target. Almost every cancer is unique, so it doesn't really shock me. they may never find an end all cure.

Crooked Crow

meh. cancer is basically a blanket term for a disease which can arise out of a large array of mutations, and multiple mutations working in conjunction.

Thats the biggest problem with finding a "cure", there are so many factors its not like its just one thing they can target. Almost every cancer is unique, so it doesn't really shock me. they may never find an end all cure.
Good points, I never was surprised at the fact, it's just inconvenient.

unknown522

Some guy

yeah, cancer is broken. Have you ever heard about that guy who had a tooth grow in his throat?

idea

Smash Master

yeah, i was gonna mention this too

Rikana

Smash Champion
@aAndy: Yeah. I play mk9. Kung Lao is just insanely good.. I don't see much of a weakness in him. He can pretty much deal with all characters and has an insane "infinite" that deals 90% damage on 3 bars.

@ryan: Glad the surgery went well for you man. Good to hear you're in recovery process.

Crooked Crow

Lulz.

yeah, cancer is broken. Have you ever heard about that guy who had a tooth grow in his throat?
What? Link?

@aAndy: Yeah. I play mk9. Kung Lao is just insanely good.. I don't see much of a weakness in him. He can pretty much deal with all characters and has an insane "infinite" that deals 90% damage on 3 bars.
There are no negative attributes. He's a kickass version of Meta Knight. Does Raiden and other top tiers go even with him? I can't see Shao Lin having any disadvantaged matchups.

Pleaseeee be easyyy environmental economics midterm @________@
I'm probably flunking out of school. I simply can't do it anymore, guess I'll need a job.

Rikana

Smash Champion
To be honest, I think only Kung Lao is best against Kung Lao.. Raiden is okay I guess. For anyone against Kung Lao in general, you have to be defensive and get him to come to you. But even that is dangerous because Kung Lao has such an overwhelming pressure game.

He has lows, overheads, antiairs, zoning dive kicks and projectiles, etc.

If you're interested in Raiden vs. Kung Lao, watch Jops (Raiden) vs. Justin Wong (Kung Lao) from the recent tournament PDP 2011. Jops' only option was to get life lead and time out Jwong. This is an extreme example though because Jwong has insane reflex and can react to Raiden's teleports.

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
I can't find it anywhere (streaming) that isn't removed or a broken link so I'm watching it on youtube under the Funimation channel...there are 30 second adds at the halfway points but meh.

Two seasons: Birdy the Mighty Decode 1 and 2...Ice climber characters don't appear till season two because its a disguise...but they were involved in season one behind the scenes type thing.

Top Bottom