• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

weon - X

Smash Ace
i dunno about that. i've never been to brazil or any country other than chile. but i go even with dark who imo is the best from over there, thats about it.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Video Game Regional Championships in North America are now a part of the Play! Pokémon Regional Championship Series. Video Game Regional events will take place in the same locations and on the same weekends as the TCG Regional Championships. This means that the number of events in North America will increase to 15, including 2 events in Canada! TCG events will take place on Saturday, and VG events will take place on Sunday. Visit the Video Game Regional Championships page for more details!
And on top of that, VGC nationals for Canada are going to be here in Toronto.

I'm kinda hyped.

Ministry

Smash Ace
i dunno about that. i've never been to brazil or any country other than chile. but i go even with dark who imo is the best from over there, thats about it.
yeah but he can triple shine you!, remember that combo he did on dreamland....

I just replaced stock with beer (Peche Mortel) entirely in a stew and it was epic <3 but **** I'm out alot of beer
Damn you figured out the secret. I made Guinness stew today at work it was really good.

Also if you cooking with meat or something heavy, darker beers and/or port are very good to add flavor and body to the dish. alternatively if you are making a dish with fish or seafood you can use beer that has citrus notes and it will work really well. Alcohol is a great substitute for water/stock when you braise meats or fish, and since you cook out most of the alchohol you can use a lot more and still retain the flavor.

some things that work really well if you are interested. mussels and chorico sausage braised in beer and fennel. Bacon and beer braised cabbage. (i have a wicked recipe for braised cabbage if you want it.)
The more advanced you get the more flavors you can combine (eg. Orange, fennel and Pernod cream sauce for scallops)

general rule of thumb Meat/steak =red wine Fish/chicken = white wine.

Bing

Smash Master
Really a Pokemon TCG event in Toronto? Hmm I might go and play all old-school.

Btw Nick are you actually going to go to the next monthlies? I really want to enter teams and I dont want to be hung out to dry XD

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway

Btw Nick are you actually going to go to the next monthlies? I really want to enter teams and I dont want to be hung out to dry XD
Both TCG and VGC.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
yeah but he can triple shine you!, remember that combo he did on dreamland....

Damn you figured out the secret. I made Guinness stew today at work it was really good.

Also if you cooking with meat or something heavy, darker beers and/or port are very good to add flavor and body to the dish. alternatively if you are making a dish with fish or seafood you can use beer that has citrus notes and it will work really well. Alcohol is a great substitute for water/stock when you braise meats or fish, and since you cook out most of the alchohol you can use a lot more and still retain the flavor.

some things that work really well if you are interested. mussels and chorico sausage braised in beer and fennel. Bacon and beer braised cabbage. (i have a wicked recipe for braised cabbage if you want it.)
The more advanced you get the more flavors you can combine (eg. Orange, fennel and Pernod cream sauce for scallops)

general rule of thumb Meat/steak =red wine Fish/chicken = white wine.
Well because I'm generally lazy to go get wine I've used beer to deglaze pans, etc. in place of wine or in addition to stock when making something (braise, stew, etc). I just had no stock and didn't want to use water so I dumped more beer into the pot. I wish I thought to do this earlier.

I've been braising mushrooms in various beers lately too. Mussels were really the first place I started cooking with beer. Recently stole a Duvel based mussel recipe and it seemed to be well received.

Ministry

Smash Ace

if i have money i will, il let u know at the start of october

Windrose

Smash Lord
How come KirbyKaze stopped hosting smashturbations? I was just watching the videos on "smashtip" 's youtube channel from june 2010. Those were fun tournaments.

EDIT: is smashtip afrochris' youtube channel?

Ministry

Smash Ace
How come KirbyKaze stopped hosting smashturbations? I was just watching the videos on "smashtip" 's youtube channel from june 2010. Those were fun tournaments.

EDIT: is smashtip afrochris' youtube channel?
you will never find out who it is.

idea

Smash Master
meh, hosting tournaments regularly takes a lot of work and time...especially when it's at your own house instead of a separate venue.

np4944

Smash Rookie
Is GTA going to michigan/ann arbor for "The Big House: road to apex" on the 22nd of October?

Bing

Smash Master
you know whats kind of awesome about being single... one, I can flirt and do whatever I want now... 2. I've got no person holding me back from getting better.

Life's good, other then that I live with my dad

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
good to hear you got out bing. take it easy man, good to hear youre doin ok :)

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
there's plenty of us out there lol. you'll find one soon enough =p

Bing

Smash Master
no legit, for 2 months I lived off Potatoes... I couldnt even afford KD... not just KD... Compliments macaroni and Cheese. It was so... FHBSKJLGLSJBG

On a good note I finally got in contact with Linksta :)

Top Bottom