• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Ken is still in survivor.
he mindgamed sugar to not give Ace the idol and now Ace is gone, same with Dan.

melee this week/end?
Link vs. Roy is too much fun.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
"you ****in with the drum major let me play you the anthem, Bang Bang Bang Bang call it heavy metal I say bang bang **** I’ll make you feel ever letter"

i love fox vs. marth. as me being fox =D

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Saw is monotonous now. Before it was like "ZOMG HE IS SO CRAZY SMART" and now it's like "...ok we get it now..."

It was done after 3.

Roxor

Smash Rookie
yeah, saw 1 through 3 were good, personally, i wasn't a fan of the series, i just found it all the same, just these guys that're screwed and get tortured, the plot is really thin.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I think you can develop reading.

I think reading in general is underrated as a skill in smash because of how powerful simple spacing strategies, difficult-to-punish approaches, and covering multiple options (or yourself) can be. Consequently, people don't train themselves to be able to perform the "mind-reading" type of gameplay, partly because it's harder to do because it's a sort of abstract and varies for every opponent, and it's not needed for a lot of them (I don't think anyone in top tier actually needs reading skills in the vast majority of their common matchups although if you disagree that's fine I will probably ignore you though).

I think for reading the caps and plateaus are probably more prominent as well. How do you "read" someone harder? How do you decide when to "read" or when not to? How do you differentiate when you're "reading" and not making an educated guess? Is there even a difference? Since it's mostly an independent, personal skill that you're mastering there's no way of really getting assistance. You can't learn how to "read" from someone and similarly you can't teach someone else how to "read". You can, of course, explain common patterns (most people DI <x> this way, most <character>s tech this way, etc) but those are superficial habits that change a lot when people reach that higher level.

TL;DR reading is really hard and you can't really be taught it. People with reading talent (that visual/spacial problem solving skills and good intuitive abilities) probably have a huge advantage in that area of smash because it's sort of hard to learn.
Happy face.

My reading is decent, but I'm too lazy when it comes to tech skill =P.

Also, David: I play Marfz naow. Pls maek mi an ossim miny gyd pl0z.

Big red font means you must comply.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Marth requires reading. Reading/Manipulation of DI, vs. Sheik, vs. camping. X.X You pretty much have to be able to read to compete at the top level. Unless you can kill from a single hit either because that's how well you combo or that's how bad the other char is.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Marth requires reading. Reading/Manipulation of DI, vs. Sheik, vs. camping. X.X You pretty much have to be able to read to compete at the top level. Unless you can kill from a single hit either because that's how well you combo or that's how bad the other char is.
i want to play you more =D
Raymond: send me thy clips.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I know you guys are mostly Melee, but I'm sure some of you play Brawl on the side.

I have 2 spots in my car if someone wants to go to the Niagara tourny.
$10 for gas.

Wangster

Smash Apprentice
I know you guys are mostly Melee, but I'm sure some of you play Brawl on the side.

I have 2 spots in my car if someone wants to go to the Niagara tourny.
$10 for gas.
i play brawl too but only da newcomers. if i play melee veterans i'm gonna suk w/ dem on melee lol. i don't play brawl alot cuz i dont wanna fail at melee XD

idea

Smash Master
Yo Raynex, are you busy on friday? cause i want some training...
such a celebrity =P

o hai guise
i was sorting movies today (i work at rogers video part-time) and whenever at one point i was listing them alphabetically, and i thought "E...F...G...hehehehe"

Happy face.

My reading is decent, but I'm too lazy when it comes to tech skill =P.

Also, David: I play Marfz naow. Pls maek mi an ossim miny gyd pl0z.

Big red font means you must comply.
play jigglypuff, build confidence. jigglypuff has to outplay marth to beat him, generally =P or the person has to hate fighting jigglypuffs, that comes up too.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Hai guys~

How's life?

Meh, wish more of you could come out to 'Suaga MOAR.

You guys have no idea how much I miss Toronto. :ohwell:

E For Eugene

Smash Apprentice
What said vid Christian? ;O

Oh yeah, i think my controller is saved.
I'm going to take the controller itself and switch shells LOL

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Sorry guys.

My dad and I decided that it would be best to not take 2 more people so that we can take the Vibe instead considering it's MASSIVELY better on Gas.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
What said vid Christian? ;O

Oh yeah, i think my controller is saved.
I'm going to take the controller itself and switch shells LOL
hi eugene.

now that i heard of the almost fail of the controller thingy im not painting mine.

im just gonna buy another one.

Top Bottom