• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Graphix Gaming Tournaments (MD/PA)

Bones0

Smash Legend
We need more PA hype! :O

hey if anyone is coming from fairfax or through fairfax would/could gimme a ride then ill reimburse for gas XP
Redd is coming from Alexandria I think, so he's kinda close if you want to ask him to pick you up.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Alas, my parents would prefer me not to focus on gaming this summer (that is to say, I'm grounded from going to tournaments). It's no big deal.

/trying to pretend I don't care :mad:

Anway, Wenzel, you can smash with me as much as you want next semester.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I think I played your Link and Falcon as Falcon haha
Poor Joe getting owned by his parents

Eww why are you playing Brawl . . .
barlw is a fun game. All you have to do is play special barlw and turn on heavy gravity and reflect status. It negates a lot of gay stuff in barlw.

Yo, people from NoVa with a car, I need a ride to Graphix Gaming 3. Otherwise, perhaps nothing will be put up on youtube.

CTL17

Smash Lord
barlw is a fun game. All you have to do is play special barlw and turn on heavy gravity and reflect status. It negates a lot of gay stuff in barlw.

Yo, people from NoVa with a car, I need a ride to Graphix Gaming 3. Otherwise, perhaps nothing will be put up on youtube.
I think one of JCaesar's friends is considering it.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero

Chill dawg. I'm bringing my recording and I'm dragging along Winston's recording too if he doesn't go. :lick:

If no one else offers, I can pick people up from College Park Metro.

Try to keep it to 2 people because I don't know if Winston is going to POE3 yet.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i can drive 3-4 people from shady grove but it would be expensive for gas cuz its already directly out of my way and the venue is already far.

id need like $40 for the trip between everyone to make it even worth it lol

Don't worry about me anymore, ThunderHorse is taking care of the ride for me. Thanks for offering a bit of help anyways.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
sweet. if everyone gets a ride other ways, id be content. i just dont want people to miss out but its so inconvenient for me to help given my location :p

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Bones are you hosting more Graphix tournaments before summer ends? I want to paint my controller at some point and want somewhere to show it off :bee:

Bones0

Smash Legend
All summer son! We can get a pic of your controller up on the website even, and you can use that to submit it to the 1000 controller salute. :D

Bones0

Smash Legend
I don't think Plank has a partner yet. If he's not doing teams or does have one, I will team with Laijin, but I'm probably not going to enter doubles otherwise so if I'm not good enough I won't take any offense. ;P

Bones0

Smash Legend
UltimaScout was asking for a teammate earlier so he's probably free.

Also, if anyone can bring a Wii/Cube please let me know. We have more TVs than systems. How the **** is that even possible? :| If your name isn't Wenbobular or JCaesar, step it up. lol

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i can bring 3 cubes/copies of melee

more cubes if more people have more copies of melee

UltimaScout

Smash Lord

Also, if anyone can bring a Wii/Cube please let me know. We have more TVs than systems. How the **** is that even possible? :| If your name isn't Wenbobular or JCaesar, step it up. lol
I am bringing one of my friends to team with me. No longer looking. We are a pretty good team. Watch out :)

Bones0

Smash Legend
Take a game off of Plank and chinesahh then I'll be impressed. lol jk I'm sure you pwn me. >_>

I know you all don't give a hoot, but I'm hosting a Brawl tourney here in August, get at me! :D

Wenbobular

Smash Hero

You completely missed the post where I said I'd be bringing 2 cubes haha.
Also bringing 2 recording setups (even if Winston thinks it's overkill ~_~)

Bones0

Smash Legend
2 recording setups isn't overkill. It's awesome! With no one to play against, watching video is the only way for me to improve between tournaments. :/

JC, are you going to do a live stream like last time? Just curious.

Also, I realize I got flamed for even thinking Melee could be played on monitors, but what about a projector? :D
We could do finals/crews in the theater and it would be mad hype. There is already a Wii hooked up to it, but idk if we would be able to record it from there too (I think we can, but I'm not too sure about what cables are free to be plugged in.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Well the Wii is connected to the projector through the wall, so I don't think there's any way around that. Besides, I realized the Wii is too far away for regular controllers anyway. Unless Epsilon goes against some random kid who brought a wavebird, there's no way the controllers will reach. :/

I guess I can try pulling out the Wii to see how far it will go, or maybe we can hook the projector up to a TV, which will be hooked up to a different Wii which will be close enough for controllers. :D I'll take a look when I go in tomorrow. If you guys can tell me what ports or w/e on the projector have to be used, I will just check it out and see if I can get it working.

Top Bottom