• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Graphix Gaming Tournaments (MD/PA)

CTL17

Smash Lord
I've had plenty of experience with non-CRTs. They simply don't work.
If this was a brawl tournament however, it'll work just fine. Although people complain about Lag in brawl..(wtf..like it matters?) lol
Depends on if that person plays online or not. Albeit online Brawl is pretty much who can use CStick and immediately roll/sidestep and then immediately CStick after. What's punishing? Only punishment for the player trying to punish. Stupid game.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
I've had plenty of experience with non-CRTs. They simply don't work.
If this was a brawl tournament however, it'll work just fine. Although people complain about Lag in brawl..(wtf..like it matters?) lol
haha it only matters if someone is playing a character with projectiles that cause hit stun cause they can just spam them once ur off the edge and u wont be able to get back up but i digress that game is garbage

VGA cables are the best cables for playing on LCD's. If you have those, players can play on them for tournaments sets, or if a player requests playing on a CRT, they can play on one. LCD's can at least be used for friendlies.

Look at it this way, according to wired controller n00bs, WaveBird has like 4 frames of lag and yet look at how well I can play.

Bones0

Smash Legend
No problem mayne. If it helps people get rides, I can keep an updated carpooling list on the first page. Just have people who can offer rides and how many spots they have, and a list of people looking for rides.

Also, I was bored so I made a Graphix Gaming social group! Woot.

I literally spent 30 minutes trying to upload pictures from previous tourneys before I realized SmashBoards only accepts Brawl screenshots. '>_______>

Epsilon, you play Zelda. Of course 4 frames isn't going to matter when all you do is SH toes all game.
When all I do is flail toes, you know I'm losing. You know the timing and you're free to combo me however you want. If a Zelda isn't adding jabs, dash attacks, Nayru's Loves, fsmashes, and dsmashes, her spacing game isn't complete.

Bones0

Smash Legend
When all I do is flail toes, you know I'm losing. You know the timing and you're free to combo me however you want. If a Zelda isn't adding jabs, dash attacks, Nayru's Loves, fsmashes, and dsmashes, her spacing game isn't complete.
Epsilon, you play Peach. Of course 4 frames isn't going to matter when all you do is turnip spam and dsmash all game.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Actually, lag affect peach too since she relies on prediction and reacting to what her opponent is doing.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Thanks for letting me know about this. I'll see if I can get a tristate car to attend this.

:colorful:
Well technically I'm part of tri-state... and holy wow.

A tournament that's actually moderately close to my house!

1 hour drive for me. I think I can count myself in on this one.

Anybody who's like... good want to team?

Bones0

Smash Legend
Actually, lag affect peach too since she relies on prediction and reacting to what her opponent is doing.
I was just joking. :|

See:
Bones, you play Falco. Of course 4 frames isn't going to matter when all you do is laser spam and fsmash all game.

:D

Ok, here's the real story.

I'm trying to keep at least $200 for Apex (housing, travel, food, venue, etc) and right now I only have $222, which means I only have $22 left to use. I don't want to use this up because I want to go to as many tournaments as possible with Apex included. Plank charges for Gas$ and I'll have to pay the venue fee. This is a lot of $ on my remaining $22. I don't enter tournaments anymore because I'll never place in top 3 with my current skills so really, I would be waisting $5. And if I enter and play tournament games, I'd be too distracted to record tournament footage.

So basically, I'm asking if anyone is willing to let me ***** a ride if they really like being put up on youtube.

Job employers don't like me because I don't want to work on Saturdays, except Best Buy. I'm waiting for an interview to happen tomorrow which I'm guaranteed to fail with flying colors.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I was just joking about winning singles. >_>

But seriously Epsilon, if you need me to lend you money I can pay your venue or something.

kidneybeans

Smash Apprentice
Can't you get a boring desk job at school or something? Like those jobs where you sit there and buzz people into the dorms, as long as they don't look too sketchy. I figure there's gotta be summer school or something.

Jove

Smash Journeyman
hey if anyone is coming from fairfax or through fairfax would/could gimme a ride then ill reimburse for gas XP

hey if anyone is coming from fairfax or through fairfax would/could gimme a ride then ill reimburse for gas XP
I'm with this guy. I'm low on $ and I need to conserve my remaining $, so if this guy and I are pickup up from the same area, our individual fees are divided in two. RIDES PLEASE!

Top Bottom