• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Graphix Gaming Tournaments (MD/PA)

2 recording setups isn't overkill. It's awesome! With no one to play against, watching video is the only way for me to improve between tournaments. :/

Also, I realize I got flamed for even thinking Melee could be played on monitors, but what about a projector? :D
We could do finals/crews in the theater and it would be mad hype. There is already a Wii hooked up to it, but idk if we would be able to record it from there too (I think we can, but I'm not too sure about what cables are free to be plugged in.
You can improve by practicing alone. There's this one friend of mine, The Cutting Edge, who's not allowed to have friends except me and he's not allowed to go 1 mile far from his house, but he practices alone a lot and he's somehow always improving at the same rate I am. His combo game is insane. When he gets a grab, it's like ****! He plays Captain Falcon.

Setting up grand finals on that projectore would be too much work. You remember how many wires my super recording device has, right? And if we were going to play on a projector, the best cables to use would be VGA cables since projectors/monitors/HDTV's don't postprocess video signals from VGA cables (which causes most of the lag), and I don't have a VGA splitter, nor anything that can record from VGA's. So yeah, it's best if we use the biggest CRT as the main TV for recording and grand finals.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
You can improve by practicing alone. There's this one friend of mine, The Cutting Edge, who's not allowed to have friends except me and he's not allowed to go 1 mile far from his house, but he practices alone a lot and he's somehow always improving at the same rate I am. His combo game is insane. When he gets a grab, it's like ****! He plays Captain Falcon.

Setting up grand finals on that projectore would be too much work. You remember how many wires my super recording device has, right? And if we were going to play on a projector, the best cables to use would be VGA cables since projectors/monitors/HDTV's don't postprocess video signals from VGA cables (which causes most of the lag), and I don't have a VGA splitter, nor anything that can record from VGA's. So yeah, it's best if we use the biggest CRT as the main TV for recording and grand finals.
People who get comboed by falcon should practice DI and not getting grabbed. :) words of wisdom... because if you get comboed by him, you are DIing wrong :p

People who get comboed by falcon should practice DI and not getting grabbed. :) words of wisdom... because if you get comboed by him, you are DIing wrong :p
You think Zeldas can say that to Captain Falcon. NO! She can't! Dash dance grab dthrow lots of uairs (Knee?) death.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Falcon gets combos on Marth
Poor Marth
Even though it's totally 60 / 40 in Marth's favor haha

@ Chillin - I tried to get Winston to pay $4 for premium so he could change his name to Winston ~_~

Also I've played Smash64 on a projector...it's really hard to try watching the entire screen so I don't like it
If possible have both the project and the TV going so the players can watch the TV and the viewers can watch the projector otherwise I'd refuse to play on it ~_~

Hypeeeee

Haha you listed Winston as Gustav Wind and Winston ... be funny if you also listed him as "Wenbo's roommate" like last Graphix, then he'd be 3 people

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Awesome haha
I wonder if I still have $1s
I guess the awkward $8 entry fee will take care of that nicely

Bones0

Smash Legend
Yeah JCaesar, we're fine on bandwidth.

And OMG at there being 20 posts without me posting. That's proof how hype this is. ^.^
Or maybe it's just proof that I need to wake up before 2:30. >_>

kidneybeans

Smash Apprentice
Yeah JCaesar, we're fine on bandwidth.

And OMG at there being 20 posts without me posting. That's proof how hype this is. ^.^
Or maybe it's just proof that I need to wake up before 2:30. >_>
Just make sure you don't do that tomorrow.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Yeah, cause if I don't show up there's no one capable of TOing for me. Epsilon can't TO in MD, JCaesar can't TO anything that isn't hacked, and Plank... well, Plank can't TO unless there's 300+ entrants. >_>

kidneybeans

Smash Apprentice
Show up at 10 am, best of 5, winner is the host, but the loser has to do all the work that the host would normally do.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Well I will have in 24 hours. >_________>

And I accept the host match challenge. I'm not really risking anything cause I am already going to do all the work anyway. lol

And I accept the host match challenge
HOWEVER! I'm adding a twist to the challenge. We're going to play... BRAWL!

AND! It's going to be in heavy gravity with reflect status enabled. MetaKnight banned. Best of 7.

LET'S GO!!

Bones0

Smash Legend
lmao okay, I'm down. Does anyone have a copy of Brawl?

I'm joking, I do have it. >_>

Ooh, just had a better idea.
1 match on Melee
1 match on Brawl with heavy gravity and reflect
1 match on Brawl+
1 match on Project M

If we tie 2-2, the tie breaker is a Metaknight ditto on default Brawl.

kidneybeans

Smash Apprentice
I was just joking about the hosting match....errrr. It might be more important to show up early and make sure Boo isn't hiding somewhere.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Joking about pride matches isn't cool man. We're doing it, regardless. I need to prove my dominance over Epsilon both as a tourney host and as a human being in general.

Joking about pride matches isn't cool man. We're doing it, regardless. I need to prove my dominance over Epsilon both as a tourney host and as a human being in general.
He's right. Graphix Gaming III is the third round.

GG1: Bones0 beats me in tournament set, 2-0, and out places me.

GG2: I out place Bones0, 3-0 him in the Peach vs Jigglypuff Brinstar only $1 money rematch, then I 3-0 him in another $1 any character money match, and then I 3-2'ed him in a $2 any character money match.

So the score is 1-1 currently.

Top Bottom