• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
I think it is likely they will win, I have them winning worlds tbh, but if that goes wrong all my hopes for the icon go into the toilet.
I was just one point off from the icon. So I went with my Flash Wolves as worls champions. They would beat SKT with their super poke comp which I love. Alas not meant to be.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Those Quinn changes blowww

Q has cool cd reduction stuff and marks them, but no blind

Ult is just movement now and you can't even fight as Valor, sky strike is just an auto, 2 Sec channel time ugh. I guess she'll have great roams? Without a blind I think she'll get ****ed by new Cait Graves and kog who are all crazy. Quinn jungle if you can survive, or mid maybe? Worried about mana costs now, she was already pretty mana hungry but now ult is 100 mana for just a ghost and q lower cd on kill gives wave clear I guess bit worried she's even worse

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Season 1 AD Morde top getting mad in a Team Builder game when I take the first red buff.

Was he telling the truth?

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Season 1 AD Morde top getting mad in a Team Builder game when I take the first red buff.

Was he telling the truth?

litterally 4 ad carries on the other team
mord/rengar build damage instead of thornmail+bulk
I guess mord needs some damage items but what is he going to do to get close to twitch/quinn?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Kindred as a champion confuses me, at least as far as how people do with her. Every game I've been in that has a kindred so far, they have done pretty much nothing but feed, and constantly get themselves caught trying to invade our jungle for their passive.

And yet when I play her, she feels so broken and brainless. Yeah, she naturally fits my playstyle, but still. I don't understand how so many people are so bad with her when to me, she's one of the easiest junglers I've ever played.

:059:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
litterally 4 ad carries on the other team
mord/rengar build damage instead of thornmail+bulk
I guess mord needs some damage items but what is he going to do to get close to twitch/quinn?
Reported for negative attitude. Enjoy your twenty game chat restriction.
But that was my thinking during loading screen, "Wow I can solo-carry this game if I don't play like crap."
Reality of the situation: N O P E

Wait.
You can now report one person for three things.
What.

Edit #2:
Kindred as a champion confuses me, at least as far as how people do with her. Every game I've been in that has a kindred so far, they have done pretty much nothing but feed, and constantly get themselves caught trying to invade our jungle for their passive. And yet when I play her, she feels so broken and brainless. Yeah, she naturally fits my playstyle, but still. I don't understand how so many people are so bad with her when to me, she's one of the easiest junglers I've ever played. :059:[/QUOTE]
Edit #3: TSM Doublelift.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Kindred as a champion confuses me, at least as far as how people do with her. Every game I've been in that has a kindred so far, they have done pretty much nothing but feed, and constantly get themselves caught trying to invade our jungle for their passive.

And yet when I play her, she feels so broken and brainless. Yeah, she naturally fits my playstyle, but still. I don't understand how so many people are so bad with her when to me, she's one of the easiest junglers I've ever played.

If they don't play squishes in the jungle they won't be used to it.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I been playing PBE a lot lately, as a result of all the AD changes people trying out new things like Quinn jungle.
I've kept a mental note of how many I've gotten that died either to the first buff or the 2nd camp, and it's a total of 4 right now.

I hope it continues.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
what in god's name did they do to quinn's ult. I busted out laughing like crazy when I saw it, it looks so ridiculous holy ****

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It's both ridiculous and bad.
Corki damage is abysmal too since the Triforce change while DA BIG PACKAGE is just an empowered W to get you to lane faster.

So many AD changes are either mediocre (twitch, Lucian) or really bad (two mentioned)

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
And then you have graves and his +60 armor/mr at level 5, who can fill absolutely every role except support. Or Yasuo that gets free sustain thanks to the crit mastery.

Alice Margatroid

Doll Judgement
I don't know how you people do it. League got so boring to me that I didn't even care when I decayed out of Diamond.

Season Six looks interesting enough however, will probably try it again.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
We do it cause we spent money on it and the gaming industry is quite stale with it's brown n bloom + guns or generic anime waifu game.

WHO'S EXCITED FOR **** OF DOOTY BLACK COPS 3 NAZI ZOMBIES 7 WATER BOOGALOO

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
I don't know how people play ranked games continuously for an entire day when each individual game is a forty to forty five minute horror story that comes down to asking myself why I can't carry or learn x, y, z champion.

Last edited:

Frolossus

Smash Lord
I don't know how you people do it. League got so boring to me that I didn't even care when I decayed out of Diamond.

take a season off, if you burned out taking a break is about the only thing that will fix it

I don't know how people play ranked games continuously for an entire day when each individual game is a forty to forty five minute horror story that comes down to asking myself why I can't carry or learn x, y, z champion.
cause if you make a legitimate attempt to answer those questions, it leads to improvement over time

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre

Preseason will be fun because of the chaos that major changes always cause in the meta, but if you got bored by the game before you'll get bored again when rito comes in to smooth everything out and nerf whatever item is the equivalent of S3 black cleaver (my guess on essence "free 30% cdr" reaver).

And it's completely ok to stop playing a game when you stop having fun with it. Having to play a game because of the fear of decay/investment loss/missing your daily quest/lagging behind the competitive scene is how you get trapped into playing the same mmo for 10 years. Don't do that and don't feel bad for not doing it.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
How have I never thought to look for this thread before... I'm a huge league fanboy, haha.

How long have people here been playing? I jumped on the league bandwagon just at the end of season 1,

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
I started in the middle of season four. I started playing ranked around the end of season four. I won three out of seven placement matches and got placed into silver five. I proceeded to lose every ranked game because I reached level 30 only playing Warwick jungle and didn't understand anything about any other champion or any other role present in the game. I managed to bomb the account into bronze five where I returned it back to silver five just one or two months ago (a year later). It's for these reasons that I don't fundamentally think that the ranked Solo Q system is balanced in any respect considering you get ****ters like me getting placed in the same elo as the kids who got out of bronze and have at least 500 ranked games under their belt.

I do like playing this game, but mostly in terms of practicing my own champion and learning their limitation in terms of outplay potential and split pushing. I don't like playing with other people who play this game, especially as my knowledge of the game became more developed I became more aware of what my teammates did in order to secure kills or get gold for themselves even if it meant doing something that would **** over the team. I play far less frequently now and only play when my body is ready to...

Last edited:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I started playing shortly after Gnar was released. I literally only started playing League because someone told me about Gnar, and I thought he sounded like an interesting character to play. I had never played a MOBA before. Also I had friends who played it.

By the way, Cheerilee. We should play league together sometime. I haven't played with anyone from this thread yet.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Wow, Udyr. Crazy. I remember when Riven was coming out, haha. Today, that seems really far away.

I'm currently a silver ****ter, didn't play nearly enough ranked to get to gold this season.

john!

Smash Hero
very beginning of season 1. heard about it on smashboards, actually. took up a good chunk of my free time for the next 4 years.

sometimes i wonder how my life would have turned out if i hadn't stumbled across bombsoldier's combo vid on google video 10 years ago...

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
End of season 1 around the release of Vlad and Galio. I remember watching my brother play release Xin Zhao and 3 warmogs Cho gath. Good times man.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
very beginning of season 1. heard about it on smashboards, actually. took up a good chunk of my free time for the next 4 years. sometimes i wonder how my life would have turned out if i hadn't stumbled across bombsoldier's combo vid on google video 10 years ago...
Victoria Secret Model. I consulted the oracles. They said it was to be so.

By the way, Cheerilee. We should play league together sometime. I haven't played with anyone from this thread yet.:059:
I play on NA. If high ping isn't an issue, I have a level 30 NA account if you want to play with me. I don't mind moving it over to EUW (to play with you), but my life has currently been very hectic considering I just got accepted into a graduate school program and am planning how to handle rent, tuition, and other factors. Would definitely like to play with you.

Wow, Udyr. Crazy. I remember when Riven was coming out, haha. Today, that seems really far away. I'm currently a silver ****ter, didn't play nearly enough ranked to get to gold this season.
Do you feel like playing more ranked Solo Q games would have gradually led you to gold this season? Because I feel like I need to grind a couple of games a day just to remember the feeling of certain champions.

Also, I feel like Lee Sin and Elise and Shaco/Rengar continue to be very strong champions in silver elo for their disruption potential in lane and the ability to literally win lanes for your team from very early on preventing situations where any single lane can snowball and roll the game. From my personal experience, Sejuani jungle seems far too slow and far too dependent on level 6 to impact the game reliably with her ultimate being great in teamfights but highly dependent on your team being aware that it's going to be thrown and it's time to engage.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Do you feel like playing more ranked Solo Q games would have gradually led you to gold this season? Because I feel like I need to grind a couple of games a day just to remember the feeling of certain champions.

Also, I feel like Lee Sin and Elise and Shaco/Rengar continue to be very strong champions in silver elo for their disruption potential in lane and the ability to literally win lanes for your team from very early on preventing situations where any single lane can snowball and roll the game. From my personal experience, Sejuani jungle seems far too slow and far too dependent on level 6 to impact the game reliably with her ultimate being great in teamfights but highly dependent on your team being aware that it's going to be thrown and it's time to engage.
Yeah, I feel like if I had started earlier I coulda made it. I didn't start playing ranked until last month I think, and then barely at all. Not until like a few weeks ago did I really start hitting the ladder. I got to silver 3, but sometimes you get games where your renekton top has died 12 times in 10 minutes. Sometimes, those games happen 4 times in a row. Sometimes, you also just play badly and throw games. Anyways, I fell back to silver 4, haha.

I really like sej jungle because there is an overabundance of people who like trying to carry as yi, zed, yas, etc, and sej can fight most of them 1v1 and win.

Lately I've been finding though that if I want to win in silver, I have to play a devourer jungler, someone who can both snowball another lane while still being a relevant if not scary damage source. It's been working pretty well for me on a few champs so far.

Top Bottom