• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It is, and I hate it.
I've always wished that E's passive could be toggled.

I actually take W first, and then wait for awhile after hitting level 3+ just because I don't want it leveled up just yet. :applejack:

I mean, my farm is still equal to or better than the other ADCs as long as I'm last hitting and dishing out near equal damage in trades (depending on ganks obviously), and really, the E doesn't make that much more difficult. It's just that you push so hard in the process. As long as wards are there, and you're still last hitting everything fine near their tower, then you're still good to go.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
It is, and I hate it.
I've always wished that E's passive could be toggled.

I actually take W first, and then wait for awhile after hitting level 3+ just because I don't want it leveled up just yet. :applejack:

I mean, my farm is still equal to or better than the other ADCs as long as I'm last hitting and dishing out near equal damage in trades (depending on ganks obviously), and really, the E doesn't make that much more difficult. It's just that you push so hard in the process. As long as wards are there, and you're still last hitting everything fine near their tower, then you're still good to go.
If you don't take E level 2 you're missing out on her high level 2 burst, so now you're a terribad laner AND have a terribad midgame.

Also, hello shaco, hello nocturne, hello fiddles, hello 4 man dive with a tanky initiator when your jungler shows top.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
No I'm not.
If I want to initiate then all I gotta do is CTRL + E.

Problem solved. :applejack:

What's The Point

Smash Master
Trist is probably the best late game carry though. Almost entirely because of her range, but the two escapes and steroid help (Put her above Kog and Cait respectively). I don't think her mid game is that much of a hinder. You may want to try and cheese some level 2 or 6 kills in lane though.

Dekar173

Justice Man
espy why dont you main rengar

Also, Saint's SUCH a ****ing genius.

"I'VE GOT IT! We'll replace Westrice with Voyboy... THEN HAVE HIM PLAY AKALI!!!"

Yep. Fool ****ing proof. Genius. Maybe that's why he misses every damn ward on earth.

bassem6

Smash Lord
While I tend to think that cait is a stronger 6 item carry then vayne due to her safety, without good focus vayne will pretty much go through your entire team like a hot knife through butter.

I tend to see a lot of failing to push objectives in low leveled games, resulting in eventually everyone hitting 6 items.
6 item cait is not a stronger carry than 6 item vayne. Vayne has 3 built in steroids (q,w,r) and deals a ton more damage lategame than cait who only has one (her passive). Also, vayne can be safe if you use her skills intelligently. She has a stealth, mini dash, and knockback/stun as well as cleanse most of the time.

The classic Vayne/Alistar doesn't sound that bad.
You right. Vayne nunu is pretty good too.

Ryze is hard to play in lane with? :applejack:
omg yes. I used to love playing ryze in solo q then all these ******** aoe clear/long range harass and poke/ roaming mids became popular and it got so much harder.

Anivia,zyra,orianna for instance all poop on ryze because they shove the lane to your tower and you have to sit there and try to farm with your auto attacks and use spells to get as many last hits as you can. Unfortunately you only get one minion per spell which quickly drains your mana. While youre worrying about that, the other mid is harassing you or taking your wraiths or roaming and you have to sit there helplessly and deal with it until you get blue buff.

I still enjoy playing ryze from time to time but there are just some matchups that are incredibly frustrating to deal with in lane.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
edit: obviously not like I have actual experience with high leveled play, just my opinion and analysis.

6 item cait is not a stronger carry than 6 item vayne. Vayne has 3 built in steroids (q,w,r) and deals a ton more damage lategame than cait who only has one (her passive). Also, vayne can be safe if you use her skills intelligently. She has a stealth, mini dash, and knockback/stun as well as cleanse most of the time.
Less of a hard carry more of simply being stronger. The extra 100 range is intensly powerful in ultralategame where if your ADC dies you pretty much lose the teamfight right then and there.

Plus, much better at poking tower.

Obviously, depends on what you value and on their teamcomp versus yours, vayne obviously has a lot more raw damage, but lategame I see safe poking ability, especially of towers, and extra range if you have an escape, as more valuable then raw dps when you're both dealing ADC level damage. I don't think a low CD dash that's short really replaces that range cause when you're 550 you're still in range of a lot of targeted cc and have very little time to react to skillshots even when that's an effective 100 extra range versus targeted.

espy why dont you main rengar

Also, Saint's SUCH a ****ing genius.

"I'VE GOT IT! We'll replace Westrice with Voyboy... THEN HAVE HIM PLAY AKALI!!!"

Yep. Fool ****ing proof. Genius. Maybe that's why he misses every damn ward on earth.
Lol, those wards, so funny. Somebody needs to tell him to attack move when he has oracles.

Dunno what was up with that though frankly they played really well against m5 in general.

Trist is probably the best late game carry though. Almost entirely because of her range, but the two escapes and steroid help (Put her above Kog and Cait respectively). I don't think her mid game is that much of a hinder. You may want to try and cheese some level 2 or 6 kills in lane though.
I agree that tris is the strongest lategame carry, it's not just her range, safetly, jump (which resets with kills) plus aoe knockback, she also has a really powerful AS steriod which endgame is a lot more powerful then a simple AD steriod because it's multiplicative.

At the same time, no in my opinion, in spite of being the strongest lategame carry she's the weakest adc overall. Even if she wins lane decisively her damage midgame damage is gonna be weaker then the enemy adc even if she's like a BF sword ahead because none of her spells scale with AD and she doesn't have an AD steriod, AS doesn't matter without anything to multiply. Edit: And the mediocore damage she midgame is significantly dependent on her jumping into melee range.

Why is this so important? Cause midgame has the most massive swings, losing early game is significant but can be recovered from if at least one lane won. When you're dealing with midgame you have your first actual teamfights which mean you're dealing with potential swings of 5 deaths, plus drag, plus a tower or two from every teamfight. If you lose early game you can come back, if you lose midgame you're pretty much always boned unless you have superwaveclearing (cough, anivia) and a hypercarry. And you're really good at passive play.

Though in solo queue super throws always happen, still there's a reason why tris has the worst adc winrate at all elo ranges.

Okuser

Smash Ace
What happened to Ez and Trist?
I specifically didn't include ezreal because I feel like since they removed the attack speed debuff on W vayne vs ezreal is more of a skill matchup now (ez still has the advantage though by a large margin).

Less of a hard carry more of simply being stronger. The extra 100 range is intensly powerful in ultralategame where if your ADC dies you pretty much lose the teamfight right then and there.

you're exactly right. you can't just say "vayne wit 6 itemz is the most OP thing in da game!!!" because that's no where near the truth.

if you look at CLG.na and when they run vayne, they literally have to build their entire team comp around picking vayne (nunu jungle + orianna mid+ w/e support bottom)

Caitlyns lategame strength is exactly as you described it, having that 650 range is invaluable and her kit is perfect for sieging towers in the lategame.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Also imo when you're being seiged, not to as great an extent because it's the enemy ADC that has to step up in order to do significant tower damage, but traps are still just as great a deterrent to the enemy team engaging so you can force them off.

Edit: anyone else frustrated about certain champions playing played in a weak position for them the vast majority of the time so it's difficult to look at statistics to have an idea of how strong they are? I'm looking at you elise and karma, and yes I know it's an imperfect way of figuring it out.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I remember Okuser saying to dodge a team with Shen + TF on it cause it'd be super stupid...but let's say your bad ranked team doesn't ban Shen OR TF, and then you have to deal with Shen top, TF mid, and Nocturne jungle. How do you stop the absurd levels of unfun **** that will most likely happen? We kinda just got dived over and over again. :urg:

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
The only way you're going to fix that is by warding the **** out of everything so you know when they're going to set up some nonsense... but good luck doing that with your crappy team.

Coney

Smash Master
I remember Okuser saying to dodge a team with Shen + TF on it cause it'd be super stupid...but let's say your bad ranked team doesn't ban Shen OR TF, and then you have to deal with Shen top, TF mid, and Nocturne jungle. How do you stop the absurd levels of unfun **** that will most likely happen? We kinda just got dived over and over again. :urg:
acually, i was 1890 season 2 and got all 3 of those champs, i was shen, was sure i'd hit 1900 off it (so this was PRE-NERF nocturne too)

their top picked nidalee and pushed my lane forever taking top at like 8 minutes, nocturne got counterjungled and got behind, TF lost his lane to...annie i think

i was really really really sad

anyway just get out of laning phase ASAP so they can't do that gay stuff to u

Okuser

Smash Ace
you have to murder twisted fate. like maokai jungle+ leblanc mid or something. absolutely **** him up.

(that'll make shen have to waste ult saving TF all the time and TF will never be able to set up those bull**** 5 man ganks with nocturne)

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Anyone here tried Heroes of Order and Chaos yet? It's a mobile MOBA for iOS. Pretty fun on the iPad. Controls are a little too clunky on the iPhone version sadly.

:phone:

Okuser

Smash Ace
LOL I'm playing against a TF+Shen+ nocturne literally right NOW in a solo queue game.

I didn't dodge because I thought it was hilarious that this is happening to me right after we were just talking about it.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Good luck. :|

Yeah, after that game we pretty much came to the conclusion that we need to push towers down a lot faster. We had Morg mid and Teemo top, we just weren't efficient enough at it, I guess.

Okuser

Smash Ace
the rule stands

if shen noc and TF are the same team, dodge LOL

just reconfirmed it.

lol but we actually lost because my teammates were terrible, terrible players. my botlane spam fed while nocturne camped me top. they were 0-9 without getting ganked once by shen or TF. gg. oh and they were duo queue.

Okuser

Smash Ace
also whats up with gold players and like zero respect for teammates?

I dont' mind getting gold players in my ranked game but almost every single one of them has an extremely noticeable problem with listening to teammates.

for example I was playing jungle cho earlier and I tell the gold support to "ward my red please" because it's lee sin jungle on the other team and it's pretty obvious whats going to happen. he says "no. I'm not going to waste the ward"

long story short my red was stolen and top gets firstblooded because of it. so our jungle and top lane get completely crushed and we lost the game because he wouldn't do what I told him to do.

he even saw that I was diamond pre-game and just still thought he knew best. this has happened in quite a few games.

bassem6

Smash Lord
edit: obviously not like I have actual experience with high leveled play, just my opinion and analysis.

Obviously, depends on what you value and on their teamcomp versus yours, vayne obviously has a lot more raw damage, but lategame I see safe poking ability, especially of towers, and extra range if you have an escape, as more valuable then raw dps when you're both dealing ADC level damage. I don't think a low CD dash that's short really replaces that range cause when you're 550 you're still in range of a lot of targeted cc and have very little time to react to skillshots even when that's an effective 100 extra range versus targeted.
Ah ok, misunderstood what you were saying. Yeah cait is better for sieging and it depends on the team comp. Thought you were saying she is better combat wise than vayne. That kind of depends on team comp too actually

also whats up with gold players and like zero respect for teammates?

I dont' mind getting gold players in my ranked game but almost every single one of them has an extremely noticeable problem with listening to teammates.

for example I was playing jungle cho earlier and I tell the gold support to "ward my red please" because it's lee sin jungle on the other team and it's pretty obvious whats going to happen. he says "no. I'm not going to waste the ward"

long story short my red was stolen and top gets firstblooded because of it. so our jungle and top lane get completely crushed and we lost the game because he wouldn't do what I told him to do.

he even saw that I was diamond pre-game and just still thought he knew best. this has happened in quite a few games.
Meh, I think theres players like that in every elo bracket TBH

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Borders were probably a terrible thing to include in the game.
I've constantly heard over the last month or two from people who give other people crap just because they aren't necessarily gold or whatnot.

Hell, I'm only silver because I haven't really committed to ranked (I only played maybe 7 games last season), and I've actually heard "You're silver" as a way to ignore what I've pinged about. It's ridiculous. :applejack:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ah ok, misunderstood what you were saying. Yeah cait is better for sieging and it depends on the team comp. Thought you were saying she is better combat wise than vayne. That kind of depends on team comp too actually
I meant in general, part of that is much better sieging, part of that is teamfight range that gives safety, range is just really powerful as an ADC. Without a comp built around giving vayne an advantage I'd take 6 item cait over 6 item vayne any day.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
I meant in general, part of that is much better sieging, part of that is teamfight range that gives safety, range is just really powerful as an ADC. Without a comp built around giving vayne an advantage I'd take 6 item cait over 6 item vayne any day.
Caitlyn doesn't really have powerful skills compared to other AD carries. I remember Oddone talking about the fact that her Ultimate is very easy to get around and her traps aren't really powerful compared to other AD carry skills.
I feel like Vayne pretty much has a Zhonya's on her with her ult and Tumble, too.
But, that's just the way I look at it. I'd like to hear thoughts on this.

:038:

Top Bottom