• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
w/e i pick cho mid i turn it into a farm lane cuz he can do it so carefree like most of the time lol. dat pasive.I also steal wolfs and wraiths like an ***.

I wish trundle wasn't boring looking.

Or had a good skin.

He's so good.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Namesearched myself to see if I've missed any questions or comments- my ban was for boosting, I just so happened to have a tribunal case at the same time. Then again, I get reported for the stupid **** like targeting support>ADC in a normal, solely because I type more than other people.

I still stand by the opinion that the tribunal/ban system is strictly negative for communication in general. Though it IS important that *******s be punished, the drop of a hat manner with which every single player reports people in ranked games is... slightly depressing. Do you hate other people so absolutely much that the INSTANT something doesn't go your way, it's blame time?

Real. Also, our team needs a jungler. If any of you are good at it- hit us up.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Hahaha 2gud.

I just started my placement matches.

Won my first one as adc.

Here's hoping i can win half the rest at least :p

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I almost never play ADC, especially in ranked.

I did there a few matches ago though.

18-6-6 as Sivir.

Had double Twitches farm.

Was annoying as hell though because everyone seems to want to gank bot lane the whole time.

Both teams seemed to be always there.

I'm 100% gonna make it back to 1200 in the next 2-3 games.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
hi oprah

---

hi princezane

---

Guys.

Guys.

What the **** counters Vayne?

I was Jungle Renekton, we had a Varus and a Cho and she was just MELTING us. Not even funny.

We DESTROYED early game and mid game, but late game we just... lost. 52 minute game.

Sucks.

In the end I bought Thornmail which helped me kill Vayne, but Vayne for 4 people was an awful tradeoff (effectively an ace since our Nidalee went AFK). lawl
There'd your problem, when you have an advantage push your advantage and take objectives. You wanna end the game early, otherwise vayne will hit 6 items and without good focus she'll destroy you.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I remember a S2 raked game when I was feasting as Vayne, I hit six items really fast and was 32/2/etc at the end of it.

I was very surprised.

But yeah, shut her down early do not hit late game with an enemy vayne.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Regarding the Vayne counter, I think a lot of it has to do with the support as well. If you have someone that can poke effectively, i.e. Cait/Graves, then you have a decent chance to shut her down early and win lane. If she's got a support that can sustain her, Ali/Raka, and she can say screw your poke and cs all day, then surr at 20. gg.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Counters Vayne: Amumu and Lulu

Vayne gets too close too attack that amumu can always ult her and start the chain CC train. Lulu destroys her in lane if she has Alistar/Nunu support

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
It'll lose to any kill lane, aka Leona

Soraka does make it harder for Lulu support, but at the same time Vayne can't really fight even if Soraka silences Lulu if the AD carry with Lulu is any good.

Vayne needs a peel support

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
vayne/soraka sounds like a terrible lane
Vayne/anything sounds like a terrible lane. She sort of is that weak of a laner.

Regarding the Vayne counter, I think a lot of it has to do with the support as well. If you have someone that can poke effectively, i.e. Cait/Graves, then you have a decent chance to shut her down early and win lane. If she's got a support that can sustain her, Ali/Raka, and she can say screw your poke and cs all day, then surr at 20. gg.
Yea, but I mean it sounds like they had vayne shut down but it got to super lategame because they weren't pushing. While I tend to think that cait is a stronger 6 item carry then vayne due to her safety, without good focus vayne will pretty much go through your entire team like a hot knife through butter.

I tend to see a lot of failing to push objectives in low leveled games, resulting in eventually everyone hitting 6 items.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
low level games are hilarious

ace enemy team, lose no one, IMMEDIATELY b and buy

:phone:
the best part is when they go to try baron after buying and then get aced themselves in a baron fight after it gets stolen and then the enemy team pushes mid

gg

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
In a situation in which an amumu is fed and tanky as hell, what champs would work the best against him?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
low level games are hilarious

ace enemy team, lose no one, IMMEDIATELY b and buy

:phone:
I don't just mean low summoner level, just weaker levels of the game in general. Not so much talking about people who won't push objectives, just when teams don't understand when they're at a clear advantage unless there's like an ace or something, or committ to too many objectives and get nothing, stuff like that.

Then the game just drags on forever...
edit:

Ryze is hard to play in lane with? :applejack:

Errr, yea. Short range, slow, only mobility increasing skill is his ult, no waveclear. Generally gets molested by heroes that can push him in and destroy his team unless he can force hard engages, and this is after he starts to get some damage and tankyness.

Frankly, I think he sort of sucks as a midlaner in solo queue, I used to think he was good then I looked at his statistics and realized "oh, everyone with long-ranged waveclear and good roaming absolutely crushes him, now it makes sense". - How I learned the power of waveclear and being able to roam in solo queue, true story (also led me to my one true love, eve).

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Speaking of Vayne, just beat one in lane with Twitch. It's satisfying getting a double kill even when she got fb and lulu ulted as I killed both still with only double dblade...

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
What happened to Ez and Trist?
not sure why ez is missing, but for tris, if you count winning as "being 6 kills ahead in lane but still doing less damage midgame so the enemy team ends up snowballing anyway" then sure.

While the nerf definitely attacked ez's anti-vayne capabilities he still has much better poking and trading in lane. At least in my opinion.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Trist's damage still isn't there midgame.
But oh my god if she makes it to the 40 minute mark...

I DO love that E's range goes up with her passive. It's actually made harassing and killing so, so much easier for her, especially in lane. :applejack:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
It's so stupid though, she can't even freeze in her territory because you can't stop e from proccing. She's a super lategame hypercarry that has everything preventing her from passively farming, just think about that for 2 seconds, it's just such poor design.

Top Bottom