• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
win7 bro. IM me and i can explain to you how i absolutely bought it legally without pirating it

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
oh! we are all taking breaks for various reasons, sorry. i think most of us will be back tonight - at least, i will, and virg and dangr will.

btw that is the ventrilo we use for everything

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I will be back later today as well, and still need win of the day. Gonna be like two hours for me though... watching Thor, Tom would approve.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
@Boof - Generally for trundle you want to spec defensive masteries (0-21-9, or a mix of defensive and utility [so you can get the movespeed]) and run Armor Pen reds (can mix in AD if you want), Dodge or Flat Armor yellows, Flat MR blues for duo lane, scaling MR/level for solo or jungle, and Quints can be anything from Armor Pen, to Movespeed to Flat AD.

For jungling I run either 1/14/15 or 1/19/10 depending on if the team needs more dps or tankiness, and I run 10 armor pen, 9.6 AD, flat yellow, scaling mr. Open cloth and 5 pots and start at blue (he's very mana hungry early. You can jungle w/o it but it will be much slower).

If you are laning your first major item should be a phage, and then you can either build into Tri-Force or Mallet depending on, again, if your team needs DPS or Tankiness, and then proceed to build Atma's/Fon, etc.

General tips and tricks - Use your Q right after an auto-attack to reset it and do damage twice as frequently, your Q can also be used immediately after Contaminate starts casting to negate the animation. Don't place contaminate until your team is committing to a fight, b/c you need it for survivability, mobility, and damage. Use pillar to either split their team up or protect your carry.

L__

Smash Master
I was watching a few rumbles (it wasn't a lot though so I guess I'm probably wrong) in some scrims I did and the Nasus just out-lifesteal'd the harass rumble was dishing out

ionooo

bad rumble then?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
IMO singed, rumble, akali and kennen force nasus out of top.
Morde can... but he can't really shut down nasus for the first 5 levels and that's all nasus really needs to get a firm control of his lane.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
How do you play Irelia early game? I always get denied hard and outharassed but end up steamrolling once I get a build

:phone:
Stay in xp range and don't last hit - wait until lane gets close to your tower and use the power of maths to keep your lane at around that area and if the minions go to your tower just last hit with q - ezpez.

Run gold per 5 quints if you're in one of those types of lanes.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
overall i had a lot of fun today in the in-houses! thanks to everyone for playing. im glad we all to go play with each other and i hope we can do it more soon.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I would play next time

also holy **** TSM vs RS such a good game.

RS looking mighty fine.. those weird comps are just hard for people to deal with.

Glad to see Ryze finally getting some love again.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I don't always Jungle Karthus.

But, when I do...

Virg comes over and kills me 4 times.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Throw cleavers like a boss
Never buy wards
facecheck EVERYTHING

mundo goes where he pleases.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I hate you angry Tom! And Zac's feeding making a game take 47 minutes!
What's the fun in only playing 20/25 minute games? I enjoy custom games to try out new builds and stuff.

For example, I learned Master Yi with zeals + IE + PD + greaves is a horrible idea. Just a few CC and your dead, or a fed lich bane dfw deathcap poppy can just 2 shot you. Once I bought merc treads everything went a lot better and I was actually able to team fight. So yeah, now I know. Warmogs Yi for life!

Tom can you link me to that Master Yi guide?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Embarrassingly it's xin. I've done well against jax, cho, tryn, and some others solo top but I got ***** by this xin one time.

Are they really gonna nerf her again? She does feel like ad akali let game

xin is an extremely underrated laner, but if you just chill out and survive until level 6, it should be really easy. Hell, you could also just open cloth + 5 pots if you really wanted and just stand around and trade hits.

and sweet jesus no. Akali is a hand grenade, Irelia is a 1v5 dunking machine.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Hey guys, here is the lists I sent this morning for the postbits:

Hosts (Hosted a game during a LH game night):

Tom (Hosted some LoL games)
Turazrok (Hosted some LoL games)
PhantomX (Hosted some LoL games)
Fluttershy (Hosted some LoL games)

Participants (Participated in one LH game night):

Tom
Turazrok
Virgilijus
DanGR
Scamp
Mogwai
Cactuar
Frolossus
PhantomX
ZolgaOwns
Jiovanni07
Fluttershy
Candul
Sephiroth’s Masamune
MacDaddy69
Vanz
ArcNatural
PsychoMidget
Thiocyanide
Pierce7D
UTDZac
Ignatius
john!
CouchGuyIV
Unkn0wn
Rabbi Panda
If I'm missing anyone or whatever, please VM me or something. Also, please use their full usernames, I had to find their exact usernames for a few people. :p

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
xin is an extremely underrated laner, but if you just chill out and survive until level 6, it should be really easy. Hell, you could also just open cloth + 5 pots if you really wanted and just stand around and trade hits.

and sweet jesus no. Akali is a hand grenade, Irelia is a 1v5 dunking machine.
I normally open regrowth + pot so I can rush philo and hog to compensate for my terrible farm. I usually try to play it safe but against xin its hard to even stay in xp range due to crescent slash.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Hey guys, here is the lists I sent this morning for the postbits:

If I'm missing anyone or whatever, please VM me or something. Also, please use their full usernames, I had to find their exact usernames for a few people. :p
I played some games (liek 6 or 7) with Everlasting Yayuhz (Yay).

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
How Does Xin's ult work btw?

I was annie and this Xin Tower Dove me and I was sure he was going to kill me because by the time He finished the Dash -> knock up combo I had one bar left and so he ults and it only took away half of my bar?

so I don't understand how that **** works. because sometimes it will do a bunch of damage and then times like that it does nothing.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
How Does Xin's ult work btw?

I was annie and this Xin Tower Dove me and I was sure he was going to kill me because by the time He finished the Dash -> knock up combo I had one bar left and so he ults and it only took away half of my bar?

so I don't understand how that **** works. because sometimes it will do a bunch of damage and then times like that it does nothing.
if you can't even read the ability description, why should we believe that you can read a response to this post? I mean, seriously dude, just read the description: http://leaguecraft.com/spell/crescent-sweep.xhtml

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
well I mean I have like 4 league apps on my phone I just never bother to look through champs because the only time I really are interested in a moveset is if I plan to buy the champ.

I've never wanted to by Xin lol. He just didnt seem as appealing to me because I have Irelia and Lee Sin

Only other person I can remember to look up without wanting to buy was Swain.

@Espy Naw its straight. I should look up stuff sometimes and stop being lazy

VVVV

Top Bottom