• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
its not op abuse at all.

its champion mastery
My ranked experience around 1500 so far has been...

Ban: 4 of WW, Nocturne, Alistar, Gangplank, Jarvan, Twisted Fate, Annie, Shen, Rumble.
Pick the champs not banned as quickly as possible. Whoever gets the most usually wins. :glare: Picking double globals gives you bonus **** points.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Mogwai

Vayne Build (to include some AD because I think she needs it now)

and Orianna build (because I just don't get that *****'s point.

or anyone good with them

thanks in advance
dblade x 2 + zerker's greaves -> zeal -> Bloodthirster is most of what I see in the way of openings. I've also seen IE build, but for some reason BT seems more popular.

Vlad and Nunu are getting Baron.

TF teleports in and steals it.

Who is at fault?
the Urgot who still has 15 seconds on his respawn timer, duh.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Wait, wtf are people still banning shen for?

=/

Last night in ranked I got first pick GP, lost. Next game I wanted fun so I fp morgana, *****. Lol being mid against Annie as Morgana when they have a roaming taric is hilarious. I just pushed my lane as hard as possible (like a noob) and they couldnt do anything about it, nor get cs.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
LoL Tag: Kaialynn
LoL Mains: N/A - Play whatever is best for the team usually

Came from HoN, 1750ish PSR experience, I kinda just play whatever the team needs, usually jungle or support, but can play pretty much anything except AP champs (unless it's Akali.)

I'll try and stop by the chat every now and then.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master

=/

Last night in ranked I got first pick GP, lost. Next game I wanted fun so I fp morgana, *****. Lol being mid against Annie as Morgana when they have a roaming taric is hilarious. I just pushed my lane as hard as possible (like a noob) and they couldnt do anything about it, nor get cs.
Lol Black Shield stupid.

What are people banning Shen for?
ZOMG HEZ A TANQ BAN HIM
I think that might be about it.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
its not op abuse at all.

its champion mastery
No, what I mean is that the game has become more about abusing overpowered aspects of the game, as opposed to back then when no one knew what the OP was.
Mogwai

Vayne Build (to include some AD because I think she needs it now)

and Orianna build (because I just don't get that *****'s point.

or anyone good with them

thanks in advance
Orianna:

DRing x2
Deathcap
Lich Bane
Void Staff or Banshee's

This is what Atlanta has been using since she was released. I've checked his page from time to time and he does very well with her.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I watched his stream a bit when he was playing Orianna.

He had 2 dorans rings, but didn't always buy the second one fast. Sometimes he'd just buy it halfway through a core item around minute 20.

deathcap + rod seems right.

I played her as a cdr support for a while, and I think it's still a good build, but I'm starting to buy into the whole AP carry method of playing her too.

Still, AS Orianna is the most fun. :)

Cia

das kwl

=/

This is what I love most about Morgana but it got me in trouble soo much when I first started out. I was never punished for pushing my lane so I thought it was ok to do with other chars.

Long story short: I did not have fun when the enemy rammus/eve caught my brand new Ashe at the enemy tower 4 mins in..

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
*looks at first page*

Why did you think Eve was bad?
it was a different day and age back then and no one knew how to be enough of a prick with roaming strats. Eve is still a bad character on paper, she just has a gamebreaking mechanic that leads to really binary play that no one enjoys and frequently snowballs the game out of control.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I need some help with Alistar. Is it better to max his headbutt first to kill off whomever you initate on quicker or his pulverize for max aoe damage?

And what items should I be getting? I feel like once I blow my q/w in a teamfight, all I can do is run around and auto attack for 10 seconds until they are up again.

_Dice

Smash Ace
yeah any character with spell combos i lvl up the spell that reduces the cooldown to the same a sthe other spell. even if it's not the best damage option. just so the combo is always up at the same time and i'm not tempted to not use it.

Also I've gotten really good with Yorick. he's not that bad actually. well he's that bad if your team doesn't know what your ult does despite telling them.

i can't believe how many team fights i've lost because i ult the person with the most damage capabilities right before they die, and when they come back they start running away and go WTF when they die the second time. ugh. seriously we will lose the team fight by maybe 1000 damage and it's all because of that stupid person.

But aurick is amazing (aura yorick). atma's, manamune, veil/heart, aegis, starks, merc.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Pulverize definitely.
It will maximize your presence in fights, put your AoE knockup/stun on shorter cooldown, and improve your ability to clear waves if you are going AP cow (almost any other build and the farm/xp should go elsewhere if possible). Headbutt is a fantastic ability, but its the kind of ability you are only going to be using at clutch moments. You either use it as your combo to initiate, to secure a kill for your team, or protect a squishy pretty much.

Depending on the situation I would say its even right to level up E before more ranks in W. In a really tough lane or with my partner getting overaggressive I like that little extra heal to keep them alive. This is only when I'm playing support/tank cow though, and its crucial to heal away from your creeps because every time you toss it out around creeps its going to push the wave further and further away.
It's a judgement call that I make in certain lanes, otherwise I go R>Q>W>E,

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I ask because... well, yes. I was Vlad. Nunu burned smite and consume early, and WALKED AWAY FROM BARON before it was even finished. TF's big happy eyeball was above us for about four seconds, then he finally goes, "k sounds good" and ports in. And autoattacks it in between my CDs for the kill.

Nunu blamed me and called me ******** for the rest of the game. "how was I supposed to know that, against a team with warwick, ezreal and TF I should be saving consume and smite to make sure we secure baron."

We won anyhow, though in reality it's because our Sona was a boss and ALWAYS caught 4-5 people in her ulti.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I just played a game today, I was soloing at top against Javman as Caltyin and I harassed him like hell early game. Once he had a phiolosopher's stone, he won the lane and I was sad since I had twice the creep kills than him 89-44... Help this newbie understand what to do next time? o.o

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I just played a game today, I was soloing at top against Javman as Caltyin and I harassed him like hell early game. Once he had a phiolosopher's stone, he won the lane and I was sad since I had twice the creep kills than him 89-44... Help this newbie understand what to do next time? o.o
If you had twice the cs then you actually did win the lane. Would have been nice to push the tower with a jungle gank, but you still denied him hard

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
if you had twice his CS, what metric were you using to determine that he won the lane? I mean, Jarman should **** Cait... like, immediately, but it sounds to me like you won the lane because of your farm advantage. She just doesn't have the tools to compete with his e->q->passive bursts though if he plays it right.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
What I define as "winning" a lane is if the tower in the lane is taken down. I might sound like I won because yeah, I outfarmed him and harassed him and I even sent him back twice before he could get to hit the tower in my lane, but it's quite confusing how I just lost the lane when I was doing fine during the first minutes of the game during the laning phase.

Ughhh... so sad... What can I do in situations like this if it arises again? o.o

solecalibur

Smash Master
What I define as "winning" a lane is if the tower in the lane is taken down. I might sound like I won because yeah, I outfarmed him and harassed him and I even sent him back twice before he could get to hit the tower in my lane, but it's quite confusing how I just lost the lane when I was doing fine during the first minutes of the game during the laning phase.

Ughhh... so sad... What can I do in situations like this if it arises again? o.o
Have cait not play vs jarv, I have yet to find a way that I could do anything to jarv with cait =<

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
dude im starting to play alot now

name: shaSLAM
gamertag: BrilliantColours
mains: amumu, sakara, rammus

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I've started playing Tristana again, and this time I'm doing things the right way and maxing Rocket Jump first. 630 burst damage with Ignite on squishy targets at level 6, and that's after mitigation. She's a fun little nugget, and those late game deepz so l33t. It's interesting; her mechanics aren't really all that interesting but I'm still having more fun with her than I have with most ranged carries lately. Maybe I just like the burst :reverse:

solecalibur

Smash Master
I've started playing Tristana again, and this time I'm doing things the right way and maxing Rocket Jump first. 630 burst damage with Ignite on squishy targets at level 6, and that's after mitigation. She's a fun little nugget, and those late game deepz so l33t. It's interesting; her mechanics aren't really all that interesting but I'm still having more fun with her than I have with most ranged carries lately. Maybe I just like the burst :reverse:
New pirate skin makes me play her more but I still never decide what to max 1st =l< , Normally go E or go even with Q and E or just flat even with Q E and W

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
New pirate skin makes me play her more but I still never decide what to max 1st =l< , Normally go E or go even with Q and E or just flat even with Q E and W
Way back when I always maxed E first for maximum farmz. Since then, though, I found out that top elo Trist players all max W first, in addition to taking Flash/Ignite. It maximizes her burst damage capability and helps to make up for her weaker early game. It's generally EWWEWR, max W, max Q, max E. The second early level of E is for a stronger burst at Lv6, and you generally won't need Q until at the earliest level 7.

Top Bottom