• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
So you teleport and then attack during it? Implying that there's some kind of invincibility/shield?

Sorry, I'm a scrub at this game so Idk how all of this works...and my friend told me that it doesn't work like that so Idk if he knew what he was talking about or not.

Also, is Ashe good? I mean, I know she is, and I've rocked with her the few games that I played LoL, but every time I bring her up when we're talking about LoL, they're like, "noob character" and "strong, but a carry for novice, so pick others when you get more experience," or "I've never seen a truly good Ashe."
She offers the most utility of any carry. She has one of the greatest initiation tools in the game. She comes with a free Clairvoyance. She isn't very demanding when it comes to mechanics but don't think that makes her only a champ for noobs; she's top tier status, right alongside Corki.

N64

Smash Champion
Never can namesearch self : (

n64 pikachu doesn't even work.

caitlyn is still TOO FUN. Honestly haven't had as much fun on any champ since alistar. I set da traps den pewpewpew.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
After, though depending on the game I'll occasionally grab a pretty early negatron.

D

Deleted member

ashe is broken

but also great at getting rocked if ur team isn't good at protection

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
i have a question about fighting tryndamere

so i think in fights that the whole team should **** him immediately and force ult before he ***** the carry

another person i play with thinks you should kill everyone else and ignore him til last.

hes just a weird character imo and gets countered hard by cc. i dont understand him yet though..

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Just force the ult then CC/ignite/DoT. He hits hard, so you don't want to let him freehit everyone. He's gonna get enough crits to get up to 8 stacks w/o the Bloodlust anyway, might as well not let him auto attack you for free. If you can burst him down and then CC during the ult, you're golden.

Luxor

Smash Champion
Playing as Zilean or with Ignite against a Trynd is one of the most satisfying things I've ever done.

I guess the Banshee thing is situational.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Ranked games are going well - I've carried my last three games :D One as Ryze, one as Cho, and last one as good 'ole Amumu. Last one was especially satisfying. I got first pick for the first time in forever, so instead of forcing 4 tank bans like the usual idiots I banned Renekton and Rammus after they banned Malphite. That left Amumu and Shen up for grabs, meaning we'd get one of them, and then to top it off they banned Shen :awesome: I first pick Amumu, of course. And then the gravy on top was that their last picks went Mordekaiser and Mundo, BOTH of whom rushed Warmog's - LOLOLOLOLOL

Man I can't wait to get out of this dump.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Shoot the ulti from base > teleport on to where it lands > pick up free kill > laugh

Ashe is one of the best ad carries in the game. People who don't think so don't know what they are talking about. She needs a bit of farming to get going, but has an amazing toolkit. Harass spell, endless slow, amazing stun for team initiates and a move that provides vision.
shes pretty much insanely strong but she really requires a ton of coordination to be made useful

She offers the most utility of any carry. She has one of the greatest initiation tools in the game. She comes with a free Clairvoyance. She isn't very demanding when it comes to mechanics but don't think that makes her only a champ for noobs; she's top tier status, right alongside Corki.
Oh, okay, cool. That reinforces some of the thoughts and ideas I've been thinking lately.

@Frolossus: Yeah, I agree with that part. In one of my games, I wasn't doing too much, then one of my teammates started coordinating with me, giving me orders and telling me where I needed to be before a gank (I was pretty new). We ***** them hard that game.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Dude, Dan likes to beat on level 12s with his level 30 Lee Sin, what a bully.

Also, funniest thing ever was watching Iggy try to land meteors with Veigar when his teammates were a Singed, Blitz, and Poppy. Never heard so much whining.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
And a Lee Sin, all of you were launching them every which way, it was terrible.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dude, Dan likes to beat on level 12s with his level 30 Lee Sin, what a bully.

Also, funniest thing ever was watching Iggy try to land meteors with Veigar when his teammates were a Singed, Blitz, and Poppy. Never heard so much whining.
noob. GET ON MY LEVEL.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So I was pretty emo like a day and a half ago about ranked games.

BUT THEN I was in a game where someone didn't ban Nocturne
and things have gone pretty well since then :D

(Wiggles -> Warmogs > Atmas is the build/build order of the two non-shown nocturne games)

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll try that out. I always build wriggles on him, but I've never done warmogs/atmas before.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
3.3k health with 209 (or 249 with last whisper) attack damage (not including banshees).

There's no exaggeration when I say I haven't lost a game with that build. I've even won games that started out 2-15 (me being those 2 kills) with 3 turrets and 2 dragons down to none haha.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Whoa. Has Smashboards always auto-refreshed individual posts whenever they are edited on the spot? Cuz I just saw it happen to Shaya's post...

Freaky.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
All with the recent changes. They're pretty good haha.

Been in topics with edit wars and we're seeing each other edit posts and replying to each other with them and what not. :p

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Do you guys go for Banshees before or after IE on Ashe?
after.

typically WAY after.

if you delay your IE by 2.7K gold, you essentially are doing no damage at the point in the game where you're required to be able to do damage.

i have a question about fighting tryndamere

so i think in fights that the whole team should **** him immediately and force ult before he ***** the carry

another person i play with thinks you should kill everyone else and ignore him til last.

hes just a weird character imo and gets countered hard by cc. i dont understand him yet though..
typically speaking you have to focus him or he'll molest your team, but it does really depend on the comps. If it's like, trynd and 2 or 3 other high DPS guys, Trynd should probably not be the one you focus first, but if it's Trynd + 1 other real carry, you should probably neutralize the Trynd. It's more intricate than that, but basically if you're getting ***** for Focusing him too early/late in a specific game, switch it up and do the opposite in the next fight and see how that treats you.

That was me :p

I level up Q before Volley though too :p
that's a really really really terrible skill order, lol.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
:[ I want to play Akali but not having enough runes to TRULY start with both passives is depressing. I'm level 22 and I start by buying longsword+pot or Doran's, then activate my other passive by using Ignite on the first opponent I see.

v_v So I just stick to Ashe until someone picks her before I do.
-DD

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I actually started playing Ashe yesterday as my AD Carry as my Ezreal I think would be lacking for ranked games.

I actually did fairly well, usually killing whoever I'm laning against before 6. I did have problems with Karma though, she kept shielding minions I was trying to last hit and I didn't realize how big the shield dmg range was. But other than that I did ok. If your trying to scoot and shoot, what's the best way to do so?

Just click away then click back on the person your shooting?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I actually started playing Ashe yesterday as my AD Carry as my Ezreal I think would be lacking for ranked games.

I actually did fairly well, usually killing whoever I'm laning against before 6. I did have problems with Karma though, she kept shielding minions I was trying to last hit and I didn't realize how big the shield dmg range was. But other than that I did ok. If your trying to scoot and shoot, what's the best way to do so?

Just click away then click back on the person your shooting?
I assume scoot and shoot is like...popping in, get a hit, pop out.

In which case, yeah, I click away, when I see them step in I click on them, and once I see the arrow leave my bow I click away. When you get Boots of Swiftness you are pretty much out of most character's ranges the moment you click away.

Or, at least, out of any of Morde's skill's ranges when I tested it last night.
-DD

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I did have problems with Karma though, she kept shielding minions I was trying to last hit and I didn't realize how big the shield dmg range was.
By far one of my favorite things to do as Karma. Thought you were getting that Siphoning Strike Nasus? THINK AGAIN :awesome:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
https://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?authkey=CIevur8E&hl=en&key=tufpcGS5belAQ-J2ABZOw8g&toomany=true

player named golgo13 keeping a constantly updated google doc of all the "bad players" he comes into contact with in solo queue. as seen on hotshotgg's stream today.

i found a familiar face xD

"HiyaShaya: irelia this kid want to seriously lose elo so picks **** he never used cause its not banned only thing this ****** knows how to use is ****ing shaco anything else is just him trying to troll and going 100 cs while vlad goes amazing 300"

too bad im not good enough to be considered bad enough to be on this hitlist

Top Bottom