• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
The only thing about Chalice that I don't like is that I usually sell it late-game.

Also, I feel like Ahri might be best built as tanky AP, with RoA, Abyssal, Hourglass, the works.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah chalice is good on Galio because it's very efficient on him. He can maximize his benefit from the item.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
As far as I'm concerned, Chalice delays your other **** longer than needed. It's rare you'll NEED MR and THAT much mana regen in lane. And it competes with philostone and catalyst, which are two good items that also give health regen.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Chalice on Galio is fine though. You can start meki rush that and it's not a large delay on the rest of your build. If you're laning mid, that item is perfect on him.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Put posters around your school/college saying you get bonuses for entering this special "code" into the website when making a new account for this awesome, free, rising game called League of Legends. The code being your account's referral URL link. Ideally this poster would include something about the game being fun to play with friends. And make it appealing to non-gamers with bull**** like it makes you smarter or some ****.

Then learn how to jungle twitch, redeem your referals, and watch as your normal queue elo artificially rises and you gain massive amounts of IP in the process.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I'm always amazed at the types of players I run into.

I don't just mean bad kids.

I just had a game where I was mid with xerath. first time xerath, but his kit isn't all that hard, you know? So I'm beating the vlad I'm up against. Malphite is solo top getting owned, but he's berating all of us. He stole blue buff from me while i was taking it. Said "you die too much" when i complained . At that point I was 1-1-2. He had 3 deaths.
I got triple ganked at mid and got out alive because my team showed up. Everyone except malphite. We killed 2 lost 2 when malph finally ran in, after the fight had dissipated. he ulted alone into 3 of them and died. So he types "WTF no mia calls on that? noob team."
we were all like "is kid serious?"
Super troll.

But then out of nowhere, he's wrecking with malphite. He keeps getting kills. he's still doing the most ******** things, but he always wins fights. Like, we killed 4 of them at dragon without dying at all. this is 40 minutes in. We can win the game right there by pushing the inhib turret at mid and moving in. Instead, he dragons solo while we all push mid and we can't get anything done without him. then as we all back off mid when we can't win it, he tower dives solo, kills vlad, and then runs back out and survives. No tower won. just some dragon gold and a solo kill.
But at the end of it all, we have 2 inhibs down and the other team fails in team fights and we are able to push back and win the whole game. Troll malph went like 15-7-23 or something. Trolling the whole way, making the worst decisions ever, but always winning fights.

Such an interesting game. It's hard for me to understand how someone can strategically be that bad, but in skirmishes always do whats right.

I'm not sure if I like xerath or not yet. His kit seems fun, but I always felt like, even with high AP, that i wasn't doing much damage. I peaked out at like 700 AP that game. Did ok damage I guess, but I was just thinking about how badly I'd **** on people if I had that much AP as annie or orianna. Didn't seem to compare.
I suppose my team was to dumb to play poke-wars, and that's probably where xerath stands out over annie.
What was the malph's build

jpak

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if I like xerath or not yet. His kit seems fun, but I always felt like, even with high AP, that i wasn't doing much damage. I peaked out at like 700 AP that game. Did ok damage I guess, but I was just thinking about how badly I'd **** on people if I had that much AP as annie or orianna. Didn't seem to compare.
I suppose my team was to dumb to play poke-wars, and that's probably where xerath stands out over annie.
Someone that feels xerath does less damage than annie or ori? Please replay the champ!

Malphite rock solid.
Must be a good friend of jpak.
Ya the malphite player is definitely an australian troll

Question: WHy is CHalice such an amazing item and why don't more people use it?!
Because chalice is not an amazing item because if you read the item's passive it basically scales with your mp5, the more mana regen you have the better the unique passive on chalice gets. But if you have a lot of mana regen then you don't need chalice. Follow dangr's advice and not buy it! :) It's kind of a niche item.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I literally just lost a game with an exposed nexus and us having only one tower down to somebody deciding they could idle.

I wish I could punch people out through computer screens.

Coney

Smash Master
why does everyone in this community say "bad" and "kid" and sometimes "badkid" or "baddie"

it's one of the dorkiest things i've ever heard

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Because the majority of people are 12

Which means they are dorky enough to use and have those phrases used vs them

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Question: WHy is CHalice such an amazing item and why don't more people use it?!
For a brief period of time in the old jungle I used to buy chalice on Olaf / Yi / Shaco. It served its purpose - mana regen that ensures full ability usage in the jungle and everything is k. I weighed it up against gp5 and preferred it over them.

But I don't think the new jungle really awards people for it.... laning circumstances I've sometimes gone chalice on pantheon against APs but I always feel that by the time I get one the pant laning phase is coming to an end or you're losing your ability to **** *****es because you didn't follow mogwai's build.

Chalice definitely allows several characters with only their base mana regen + 8ish and lowerish mana costs to never ever have to worry about mana again, Irelia and Pantheon are two examples. Like a chalice on ezreal or some ranged carries bottom would allow a lot of spam, but you'd be putting 900 gold into something that isn't a bf sword and you'd probably have to be winning your lane already to really be able to afford it - and if you're already winning your lane you're likely able to just force fight after fight to push them out of lane / force junglers or other confrontations to occur. Mana issues as bot with ez/mf and stuff is circumvented quite a bit by getting your support to buy a mana manipulator - which is giving you the same mana regen to yourself and to your support as a base chalice; so that's giving you 50-80%ish more mana sustain while not putting yourself back and likely not hurting your support compared to chalice which would be giving you 80%-150%ish more mana sustain at twice the cost and not giving you other stats that help bottom much (if they made an 'armor' chalice, then it would probably become a very popular item, haha)

-

Actually I lied

Chalice is uber op
I'll tell you why

1. Pick Kassadin
2. Get 4k mana
3. Buy a chalice
4. get blue buff
10. 7-10 stacked ultimate two shotting people.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually I lied

Chalice is uber op
I'll tell you why

1. Pick Kassadin
2. Get 4k mana
3. Buy a chalice
4. get blue buff
10. 7-10 stacked ultimate two shotting people.
WE TALKIN FULL BUILDS?

twitch op

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
why does everyone in this community say "bad" and "kid" and sometimes "badkid" or "baddie"

it's one of the dorkiest things i've ever heard
This is the exact same thing I think whenever someone says "real"

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Best twitch build IE Tiamat PD etc

TIAMAT IE IS BROKEN ON HIM PLEASE BELIEVE ME

Coney

Smash Master
actually yeah

and bot games i guess

it was just so weird seeing all the others with like 600-1000 and then him

@ 12

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I usually pick them out as riot smurfs.

Played against a full riot smurf team on dominion the other day.
They all had limited edition skins with less than 5 matches played ><

And they had a ranked team they were all on called "Riot support"

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i should probably have mentioned this earlier, but when we are playing normals, please criticize me on anything im doing wrong or could be doing better. i really want to be good at things other than support/ap mid, which is why i try to jungle as much as i can in our normal games

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
i should probably have mentioned this earlier, but when we are playing normals, please criticize me on anything im doing wrong or could be doing better. i really want to be good at things other than support/ap mid, which is why i try to jungle as much as i can in our normal games
same for me plz. mainly when im playing supports if u see something im doing wrong/not enough on a consistent basis. Also, im not really concerned about whether you think you're better or worse than me. I'll at least acknowledge your advice regardless.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
its k.

I was having trouble explaining what I was doing when you asked about it. Maybe someone else can communicate it more clearly next time :/

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
To be honest dan, I wouldn't run Leona without a tristana or graves to help back you up. Most carries don't have enough initial burst to truly abuse Leona stun early level. Also jtb you have difficulties on deciding which lane to gank and tend to tunnel vision when ganking lanes with multiple champions. In team fights (ESP as udyr) you would chase a carry to the point in which he is forced to flash but instead of going back to peel their bruiser off your carries you continued to chase.

:phone:

Top Bottom