• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grammys Mafia - An LoD Mafia game moved to dGames

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
When asked about his current suspicion of Air he replies

I'll start here. The question wasn't about my suspicion on Air. That would be pointless to ask since we already know what he flipped to be. The real question was...

Bowser king now that Air is dead, do you have any other suspicions?
what is that s'posed to mean? Did YOU know that Air was mafia? lol
Of course not. What I was asking is if other mafia members knew if air was mafia. Which I later found out that they did. What I was trying to get out of that was what Tom said later on about the BK vote pool containing some mafia members.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
ok, explain the other part I posted about you. you can go back and link it too.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
did some rereading

While I dislike teran's play style i'm pretty sure he's town. He was after air all day and always preferred him over BK. That's some hardcore bussing if he's actually scum.

I'm starting to lean towards hylian being town as well. Despite his possible coasting, I got a strong town vibe from him as i reread.

BK is most likely town, definitely don't want to focus on him today at least.

Possible suspicions still on mike g and marc.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Oh and I'm also not really suspicious of kevin anymore, his amount of scum hunting just points pure town to me.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
But those posts don't require large amounts of reading and thought.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
ok, explain the other part I posted about you. you can go back and link it too.

What part? The part about me giving "threats"? I've answered that already to both -hilt- and teran. You can go back and read it if you want. It was a bit before the lynch.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Alright, I reread and I missed that. Still doesn't change my opinion or anything yet.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Why are you being blatantly unhelpful?
Suck my ****, seriously, stop crying.

Also, **** yeah I'm drunk right now. My best friend is all the way up in Wales now. I'm so alone. :(

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Suck my ****, seriously, stop crying.

Also, **** yeah I'm drunk right now. My best friend is all the way up in Wales now. I'm so alone. :(

UNHELPFUL

(yea i just stepped up the babyjesus get at me)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
So yeah Tom.

That's what I can give you

Marc or Teran.

(baby jesus seems to be way funnier when its not over done such as in DG when you used it then everyone else did)

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

UNHELPFUL

(yea i just stepped up the babyjesus get at me)
You can suck my **** too.

Wasn't it me who was hounding Air all of the last day? Does that seem to have slipped your memory?

Nah it's ok, I don't expect people to use more than one brain cell anyway.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
ninja'd by teran

You can suck my **** too.

Wasn't it me who was hounding Air all of the last day? Does that seem to have slipped your memory?

Nah it's ok, I don't expect people to use more than one brain cell anyway.
you are seriously getting on my nerves. why the **** are you playing so belligerently and effortlessly? no, your tie against air didnt slip my ****ing mind. im asking you for your OPINIONS. IM NOT ASKING YOU TO CLEAR YOURSELF. IM ASKING WHAT YOU THINK OF THE ****ING GAME.

im just not going to ****ing play any more mafia games with you in it. you are seriously the wrong person to be playing if THIS is what you think youre supposed to do. i would rather play a game full of newbies than with ONE person who is acting like you are.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I should stop drinking. :urg:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You guy's getting in a shouting argument isn't going to help us here.

I'd much rather lynch Marc then Teran the more I read over this.

Tom no matter how much I try I can't seem to be suspicious of you in anyway, so I guess that's a point to look at. So at this point you're the only cleared townie in my mind.

So for me, it's hard to contribute because I'm stuck at Marc whom even after a HUGE writeup of why I think he's scummy, he wrote it off with a couple of small paragraphs breaking my argument down into nothing which is really annoying.

Bowserking with how Air flipped looks a lot less scummy to me.

Kat lead the lynch on Air, so I can't really lead a lynch on him.

Mike G, I'll have to see how he plays now that he's posting more in this game, however I'm getting an anti-town vibe from him. I think that might just be him being defensive in nature but his post right here

Mikey G said:
I'm sorry, good sir. I wasn't aware that my play style is 1 past Mafia game can easily be used against me in this one lol. Your "glimpse of scum" from another game argument isn't very safe as you are also using it on Hyilan. wtf? what makes you so sure that he's going to be the same as he was then?
Is exactly how we nailed Sudai when he was roleblocker in AIMmafia the other night, he brushed off the idea of being scum off of so little information really fast as if to say "i can't believe they found me so fast"

I couldn't help but get that same vibe from Mike's post here. Forgive me for metagaming of course.

Hylian, is V/LA

Steel, his hammer makes me less apprehensive of him then I was before, but for the most part I believe him to be townie.

-Hilt-, I'm going to admit, I can't put a read on him

Teran is the only other person I COULD possibly see lynching but the fact that he did seem to grill Air in multiple posts on D2 for me is a red flag that it possibly wasn't a bus at all.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Yeah, I really didn't like how Marc responded to Kevin's post giant post with a few sentences, never really addressing anything.

I also have similar thoughts about Mike as kevin does. I'll have to see more of him, though I think he could just be staying on BK because he sees him as a newer player and an easier target to pressure for a lynch. I'm pretty convinced BK is town at this point, why focus on him today when it would be more productive to look for other candidates?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard

Just thought I'd point out but that would be asking for WAY to much unwanted attention. At a time when your getting swamped by suspicious people, the worst thing you could do is kill someone and get more attention.

What?

You and I are both new. I imagined what I would do if I were put in your situation and was the serial killer. If chibo was putting that kind of pressure on me, near the end of the day, and I had a night kill? Why not use it on chibo? I"m new after all. I'm under pressure. However, killing chibo right away would not draw a lot more attention, for one simple reason, that I'm not sure if you understand.

Nobody knows who killed him. This may seem obvious, and I really think there's no reason I would have to point this out, but you've made several, several posts that imply someone knowing something they... well, wouldn't. The serial killer killing someone does not draw attention to the person that is the serial killer, but the ROLE of the serial killer. At least this is how I feel about it.

I'm not saying that chibo's death gives me a large amount of reason to think you to be sk, but when it comes to my suspicions for who it could possibly be, you're at the top of the list. Well, you're the only one on the list.

I don't think you're mafia, too much. However, your awkwardness in the early game shows that you were either acting out of only nervousness, or you have something to hide. Possibly both. As was mentioned earlier, it's unlikely that you and air would both **** up at the same time, although air's vague defending of you would be slightly suspicious. However, considering that it's unlikely, or at least is considered to be by most that have posted about you lately, for you to be mafia, serial killer would, to me, explain why you acted the way you did during day one (possibly two as well). But I'm done talking about serial killer for now. I'm not as worried about it as I was.

However, I must say, Kevin's write up has me pretty convinced. Especially Marc ignoring, or brushing off, posts kevin makes to him, and how often that happened.

I'll address a few things that stood out in your post, but I'm really not sure what you wanna hear from me.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I... don't really think he wanted to hear anything from you. He's to the point to where he's realized that conversation with you isn't going to stay on track. His post was more of a post to the rest of us, informing us of your behavior and explaining his views on what you've posted thus far.

Heads up on future inactivity for me :/
Going camping soon and won't be back until mid day sunday @_@

So when that time comes I'll do some catching up and try to boost my activity. Aim mafia got me a little more comfortable when it comes to the game, and not as hesitant and cautious as I've been in the past, towards things. So, even though I've said this in the previously, I'll be trying to boost my activity, come sunday.

So sorry for the leave of absence :(
If anything's posted towards me before I leave, though, I may be able to address it.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I didn't have to break it into nothing, it was nothing to begin with. :3

Why Teran? He's been highly unhelpful, but do you think he's scummy?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm going to see a friend soon, but when I come back I'll give my input.

This may be a long shot, but I think there is a strong possibility that Marc and Tom could be siblings, or in some kind of linked role.

I'll elaborate on why later, but if you read back with this in mind you should be able to pick up signs as to why.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I didn't have to break it into nothing, it was nothing to begin with. :3

Why Teran? He's been highly unhelpful, but do you think he's scummy?
It's either Teran or MikeG, but like I said Teran is pseudo cleared through my reread with how hard he pushed on Air.

MikeG is all off badvibes.

I'm going to see a friend soon, but when I come back I'll give my input.

This may be a long shot, but I think there is a strong possibility that Marc and Tom could be siblings, or in some kind of linked role.

I'll elaborate on why later, but if you read back with this in mind you should be able to pick up signs as to why.
I read through it and all I saw was Marc specifically asking Tom lots of questions and Tom asking me not to focus on Marc today, I never got any indication that they were related.

Especially since I have positive vibes on Tom and negative vibes on Marc.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I read through it and all I saw was Marc specifically asking Tom lots of questions and Tom asking me not to focus on Marc today, I never got any indication that they were related.

Especially since I have positive vibes on Tom and negative vibes on Marc.
Marc could very well be non-town. He could be mafia, or he could be SK.

However, I will never, ever support a Marc lynch in Grammys Mafia.

^^^ That is as overt as I am going to be about the issue, because I think its about time I made it into an issue, and that is ALL I am going to confirm or deny about the situation.
Does that not strike you as remotely odd?

I'm not 100% sure as to what Tom was trying to convey, but that's pretty damn suspicious if you ask me. Remember, with linked roles one can be town and one can be scum, so the fact that you have a positive vibe from Tom is moot.

That one statement has been bugging me since I first saw it, but now it's really starting to give me doubts. What do you think? Do you really not see any sort of odd implications behind that post?

I'm actually pretty fine with a Marc lynch, your case was strong and Marc's apathetic self defence seems pretty weak, especially considering he's a vet, so he should know how to give a full on defence of his case.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
It strikes me as odd, but what I read from it was Tom being 100 percent positive in his read of Marc.

I don't feel like debating possible PRs.

I want to scum hunt.

Marc is on my radar.

MikeG is on my radar.

Everyone else even after a few rereads nothing really stood out to me.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Okay, Teran, let's play this stupid game. You are obviously picking up on SOMETHING, but you also obviously don't know when to hypothesize out loud and when to just keep your trap shut.

What you are doing is called "role-fishing." You pointed out a statement that I made which said that I will never support a Marc lynch in this game. You then brought up one possible role, siblings. If Marc and I were siblings, then its either were both town, or one of us is town and one of us is mafia. The most prominent "scumtell" that anyone has gotten on Marc is that he AGREED with me that Air would be a good lynch. So he voted for Air, saying he agreed with people like me, and AIR FLIPPED SCUM.

That is YOUR basis of YOUR innocence, is it not? "Oh, **** off guys, I pressured Air, I voted Air, he was scum."

I was on that lynch, and repeatedly said I would rather lynch Air than BK. Marc was on that lynch too.

So, then, when you find a connection between ONE person who shares your own alibi, and ANOTHER person who shares your own alibi... and you also suspect that they are life-linked... you want to lynch one of them?

Now, what other reasons might I have for not wanting to lynch Marc? Maybe I am an investigative role, and I found that Marc didn't go anywhere on a night when people were killed? Then, I wouldn't want to lynch him. In this situation as well, you are BAITING an answer from me by taking something that I obviously said on purpose and overtly turning it into a spectacle.

If I am a MASON with him, then I wouldn't ever support a lynch on him. It is sometimes possible for two people to be masoned together, and be told they can trust each other, and then for it to be faulty. But if Marc and I are masoned, then you are picking up on THAT connection, and lynching him for it. That is dumb.

"THIS IS SUSPICIOUS!! LOOK AT THIS!!"

Just because something is odd doesn't make it a scumtell.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
1st Official Vote Count:
(1) Marc: KevinM
(1) bowser king: Vyse

(9) Not voting: Kataefi, Tom, Teran17, Marc, bowser king, §teel, Mike G, Hylian, -Hilt-

With 11 alive, it takes a vote of 6 to lynch!
A deadline has been set for October 11th 11:59PM EST!
If a majority is not reached, the person with the highest number of votes will be lynched!
If multiple people have the majority of votes, whoever reached that majority first will be lynched!
If no votes are cast then the game moderator will roll dice!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
As of post 890, my lynch pool has narrowed to: -Hilt-, Hylian, and Mike G. I'll do re-reads on them today.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Did I accuse you of being scum?

Also, Marc was pretty much unhappy with the Air lynch then suddenly jumped on it. He was basically discouraging it the entire time then saying "Ah cool I'mma agree with Tom."

It's Marc that I find worthy of concern. He's too nonchalant and offhanded for a vet. All the oddities add up Tom. I tend not to go on one thing, but rather look to combine multiple things. Marc's posting has always been very vague and dismissive rather than laying any cards on the table.

I know that's defensive play, but to me it's the crooked politician sort of vibe I get from him, like the kinda guy that doesn't want to answer a question so he'll just shrug it off, ask another question instead of answering, or just outright ignoring the question.

For now, he's my primary candidate, but of course that can always change. I do think it's important that we don't just focus on Marc though, because there are several players such as BK, Hylian, Hilt, and MikeG, who I have absolutely no read on.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I don't think I said you accused me of being scum, in that post, at all.

"Too nonchalant and offhanded for a vet," have you read any other games with Marc? He is always nonchalant, offhanded. He is a very experienced veteran player and yet he is always relaxed and passive, even as town.

Still planning a re-read of hilt, hylian, mike g.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Actually come to think of it I've just detected a major malfunction.

My comparison of Marc's play was flawed. I'll reconsider, but I really need the others on my no read list to post, because otherwise I'm pretty lost.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
did some rereading again.

i was sort of suspicious of hilt but i think hes towny.

however

You don't wanna lynch me, I'm new and and I can assure you that I'm very honest in my post and the rest to follow =D
THIS is your reasoning to Tom's question? Convincing >_>

lol ok fine *takes bait* I was gonna wait until later tonight to post but guess I should explain myself now before you guys go crazy lol plus the entire thread is dead anyway, way to pick on the weaker players, guy :)
joke or not, this is the second or third time you mentioned yourself being new to the game as a defense for people targeting you.

yes, I haven't posted or contributed much in the last day and a half and I'm not going to say it's because of me being busy with life or some other BS like that.
I have been reading the thread but I didn't want to post unless I felt it was really important.
Coasting 101 and being completely unhelpful.

I am still on BK until he is lynched unless he does something drastic to change my mind or if someone else does the same.
Horrible mindset. And something drastic? I think the fact that Air flipped mafia is enough of a reason to not focus on BK for at LEAST today. I don't see your reasoning to continue to target him other than your "sticking to your gut since the start of the game" gimmick which is stupid. You're being unhelpful and suspicious by just focusing on him. There are way more people in this game and looks to me like you just want to focus on a weaker and defensive by nature player to make it look like you're doing something.

When asked about his current suspicion of Air he replies

blah blah

what is that s'posed to mean? Did YOU know that Air was mafia? lol
What is this? I think BK legit didn't know that Mafia members didn't know other mafia members, which is unfortunate because it seems as if he didn't read all the rules or something. I don't understand the question you posed to him there and it isn't helping your case for him being mafia. Your "BK is throwing threats around" is also lame, he clearly doesn't handle pressure well and his experience in the situation is 0.

Hell, did YOU know air was mafia Mr. bowserkingbowserkingonlybowserking?
BUT i'm still on BK's case right now just as I was since the game started and I'm still sticking my it =D
dumb

Vote: MikeG

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I actually love how the sudden direction change happened especially right after I made a few questions simply trying to understand a few things lol

Also how quickly people can change their minds.

Is exactly how we nailed Sudai when he was roleblocker in AIMmafia the other night, he brushed off the idea of being scum off of so little information really fast as if to say "i can't believe they found me so fast"
so what you're saying is using past results from another game is so beneficial that you can use it as a basis to make a solid opinion on this game?.....ok Just making sure.

I really wanted Tom to reply and to say it in his own words but thanks for helping him out.

since my Vote is reset now. I'll leave it like that for a bit.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Yeah, I'm feeling mighty confident with that vote now.

You're saying the things you said have no bearing on your possible alignment? Players can look at your posts with a different perspective now that new events have taken place. You shrugging my whole post off with a one-liner isn't helping you one bit.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
no. I'm not shrugging it off at all. You took the time to re read and form your own opinion based on it.

Its too bad that it's on me but whatever. I did say all that in the past so yeah lol

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I love the "crooked politician" analogy, but that's really how I tend to play. That is, as long as I feel the aggressive part is taken care of. I won't sit back if Town is ****ing up (unless I'm Mafia), but if all's going well, I don't feel the need to be on the frontlines. I've found shrugging off attacks (especially when I don't really know what to respond to) does me more favours no matter my alliance. What's the use in getting all riled up over vague accusations? I have no problem answering questions, but once someone gets all tunnel visioned my answers most likely won't be satisfactory to that person anyway. I'm also not trying to be a **** or whatever, but that's really my way of responding to claims with little basis. What's there to defend against "bad vibes"? This will probably be written off as "meta bull****", but it's the truth.

I genuinely feel there is little basis for an attack on me. I was never "unhappy" about lynching air, I just wasn't really feeling it when he had hardly posted and all we had against him was that he was probably a Prostitute, which I thought could just as well be Town. I still think so btw, Mafiascum lists it as another name for Roleblocker. It's air's responses and Tom's plea to vote for him that persuaded me. Once again, I am reminding you that I put my vote down when BK could just as easily have been lynched.

What makes this game hard is that right now I think BK, Teran and Mike G have all at some point done something scummy, but it was simply inexperience for at least one of them. They're becoming more involved now at least, which is good.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Marc, its not a vague accusation I did a writeup of exactly why I think you're scummy.

I realize it's your playstyle but please don't reduce my argument to "bad vibes" It's insulting.

Also Teran has played in a few mafia games now so I don't allow him to play the new card anymore, so if you think he's done something scummy, I'd rather you post it instead of playing the nudge game.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
First thing I want to do is unvote.

The only reason I laid down that vote was to make some kind of bold emphasis. lol.

I just read pretty much all of day 1 and after his last post today (as in day 3 of the game) I just wanted to point something out about Hilt's current line of reasoning concerning the possibility of BK being the Serial Killer.

What?

You and I are both new. I imagined what I would do if I were put in your situation and was the serial killer. If chibo was putting that kind of pressure on me, near the end of the day, and I had a night kill? Why not use it on chibo? I"m new after all. I'm under pressure. However, killing chibo right away would not draw a lot more attention, for one simple reason, that I'm not sure if you understand.

Nobody knows who killed him. This may seem obvious, and I really think there's no reason I would have to point this out, but you've made several, several posts that imply someone knowing something they... well, wouldn't. The serial killer killing someone does not draw attention to the person that is the serial killer, but the ROLE of the serial killer. At least this is how I feel about it.

I'm not saying that chibo's death gives me a large amount of reason to think you to be sk, but when it comes to my suspicions for who it could possibly be, you're at the top of the list. Well, you're the only one on the list.

I don't think you're mafia, too much. However, your awkwardness in the early game shows that you were either acting out of only nervousness, or you have something to hide. Possibly both. As was mentioned earlier, it's unlikely that you and air would both **** up at the same time, although air's vague defending of you would be slightly suspicious. However, considering that it's unlikely, or at least is considered to be by most that have posted about you lately, for you to be mafia, serial killer would, to me, explain why you acted the way you did during day one (possibly two as well). But I'm done talking about serial killer for now. I'm not as worried about it as I was.
As likely as this scenario seems, there's another likely scenario too - the Serial Killer could have killed Chibo to make it seem like bowser king is the Serial Killer.

Hilt himself was the one that pointed out Chibo's pressuring of bowser king really early on, and he's now accusing bowser king of being the serial killer that killed chibo.

Makes enough sense, unless you consider the possibility that this is exactly what the serial killer wants us to think. As should be obvious with the serial killer role, you'd want to choose your kills in such a way as to make people suspect each other, and (assuming it's not bowser king using reverse psychology or just n00biness on his part) us suspecting bowser king to be the serial killer would be exactly what the serial killer wants.

Hilt, you are the only one actively pursuing this line of thought (I think) at the moment.

Again, am I looking too much into the serial killer? It's starting to seem to me like I'm almost paying more attention to it than mafia >.>
It just seems like a threat that not a lot of people are worrying about as much, so it seems I may just be overreacting.
That post to me makes it seem as though you want to cover your butt if bk turns out to be town upon a lynch, as well as the post before it (because it also seems like he could be mafia), or it could be me over-analysing, lol. Either way, all of this makes me think you could be the serial killer just as much as bk could be.

One other thing too. Actively hunting bk on the basis of him being an independent is a pretty safe way for Mafia to play I would think.

Serial Killer's power can work both ways, killing off townies and mafia, though lets just weigh up a few things.

If a Mafia member is killed, well, it can be a crippling thing since there are less Mafia than town to begin with.

If a townie is killed, it speeds up the process for Mafia to win which is important since Mafia don't want to give town more chances to figure them out, but on the same token a townie death (which the mafia have no control over) may reveal something they don't want revealed.

FoS: -hilt-
You also didn't vote for airgemini, sticking to your bk story.

I want replies from both Hylian (from my last analysis) and Hilt for this one.

Top Bottom