• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grammys Mafia - An LoD Mafia game moved to dGames

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I wouldn't bus someone half-assed. Which you can believe or not, but I could have easily swayed the vote in BK's favor. That doesn't hold if both air and BK are Mafia, which is still a possibility, but that's all I got for ya.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Is anyone still playing this game, Marc doesn't have much more to say since we're just going to get into NO Us at this point but I find it hard to believe we're the only people that can post.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm in the process of moving :/.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Sorry for not posting in the past few days. I'm back.

I'm curious, was there anyone else that defended air even vaguely? Or was it only Marc? I'm just curious. Also, I'd like to hear form Kataefi. What's your opinion on things? There hasn't been much heard from you.

Also, Mike G, are you still suspicious of Bowser King? Or has that died down now that air has been lynched?

I'm gonna be going through some of the old posts, looking at how certain people acted towards air and him being threatened for lynch, soon.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
hi, everyone. apologies for being hit and miss on my activity lately. i am still very much interested in this game.

NOT suspicious at all of Marc.

Airgemini lynch was very important. We can AND SHOULD use that to pilot our lynch today. KevinM, instead, you are focusing on Marc for a scumtell? You seem to be focusing on him because he simply agreed with me. He outrightly, overtly said that he agreed with people like me. Well guess what? He was right, because I was right. Air was mafia.

Kevin, who do you think is scum, eliminating everyone who was on the Air lynch from your lynchpool? (With the possible exception of STEEL, who hammered)?

Hilt, Kataefi initiated the air lynch by votecount. Why are you even... bothering... to focus on him?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Day 2 Vote Count:
(6) bowser king: §teel, Mike G, Hylian, KevinM, -Hilt-, airgemini
(6) airgemini: Kataefi, Tom, Teran17, Vyse, Marc, bowser king

(1) Not voting: KayLo!

At this point, §teel moved to hammer airgemini.

-----------------

Current Players:

1. §teel
2. -Hilt-
3. Hylian
5. KevinM
6. Tom
8. Mini Mic Marc
9. Nya~! :3 Kataefi
11. Vyse
13. Teran17
14. o-Serin-o Mike G
15. Bowser King

---------------

Removing: Kata, Tom, Teran, Vyse, Marc, Bowser King for being on the Airgemini lynch. (It is possible 1 is scum and was bussing Air. It is also possible 1 is SK. HOWEVER, I'm hunting the other probable 2 scum. Better choice. Ask if you don't understand.)

1. §teel
2. -Hilt-
3. Hylian
5. KevinM
14. Mike G

----

THAT is who I am left with. THAT is my lynch pool. I am convinced that this is at least 2/5 scum.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Marc could very well be non-town. He could be mafia, or he could be SK.

However, I will never, ever support a Marc lynch in Grammys Mafia.

^^^ That is as overt as I am going to be about the issue, because I think its about time I made it into an issue, and that is ALL I am going to confirm or deny about the situation.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Hilt, Kataefi initiated the air lynch by votecount. Why are you even... bothering... to focus on him?
You're right. I went back and looked at posts from him since the sixteenth and noticed that he's been more active than I have, haha. My mistake.

Removing: Kata, Tom, Teran, Vyse, Marc, Bowser King for being on the Airgemini lynch. (It is possible 1 is scum and was bussing Air. It is also possible 1 is SK. HOWEVER, I'm hunting the other probable 2 scum. Better choice. Ask if you don't understand.)

1. §teel
2. -Hilt-
3. Hylian
5. KevinM
14. Mike G

----

THAT is who I am left with. THAT is my lynch pool. I am convinced that this is at least 2/5 scum.
I was thinking something similar, however only with the last four (myself included), since Steel had voted for air during day one according to one of Xiivi's vote counts, iirc. Also, Steel initiated the final vote on air that got him lynched. I highly doubt Mafia would do that.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I found §teel's ">_>" bus post raised a red flag for me, but maybe thats just because he was the hammer.

NEWIBIE NOTE: "bus" means "to throw a player under the bus." when you are scum, and one of your scummates is going down, it is normally a good idea to actively pursue his lynch. in this way, if he is already a lost cause, you seal the deal and you look townie. This i swhy I said that 1 mafia is prob not even NEAR the air lynch and is on my safe-list, but i predict theres still 2 other maf besides him.

BUT, Hilt, you are correct when you say §teel was on Air's butt all Day. He constantly reminded everyone that Air was probably a prostitute. Right now, I don't see that as bussing but as him constantly saying "I think its Air."

I am debating whether or not to remove §teel from my lynch pool.

Looking forward to hearing everyone else's suspicions.

Do you suspect someone in my lynch pool, and why?

Do you suspect someone outside of my lynch pool, and why?

Etc. Lets have another good Day. We will need them to win because by my count the game is currently 7town-3maf-1sk. Need to lynch non-town again to day to feel comfortable going into deepgame.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hylian, why should I not choose you? I chose you in Star Fox Mafia and that turned out perfect. If I said your play in this game is similar to your play in that game, how would you respond?

Mike G, I got a glimpse of you as scum today in SWFmafia aim-chat. How are you different here, and what is your current opinion?

KevinM... convince me the nagging voice in my head is wrong, and that you are town...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Super Epic Awesome Post

@09-15-2009 (Aussie time)
How exactly did I "come out of the shadows?". I've been fairly active and posting my thoughts the entire time. I just happen to post first when day 2 started. When day 1 ended I went back and reread the whole topic, then posted my thoughts before I forgot them.

You should know my take on the situation because I've posted it :laugh:.
You said you posted your thoughts before you forgot them.

Only, you didn't post anything of the sort. I read back through the thread and you didn't post anything as far as your take on the situation. You started asking Teran a few questions about his inactivity, then BK thought you were accusing him of inactivity (despite his johns) and you thought that was 'interesting'.

That's a short summary of what you did before Kaylo threw out that random vote against you. Then you unvoted, and voted BK.

+_+_+_+

Also, Hilt.

09-16-2009 (Aussie Time)
Vyse]In any case said:
Chibo was really pressuring BK for awhile. Like to the point to where I got really suspicious of him. Chibo died in a "blood bath". I.. could see BK being serial killer and killing off chibo.

BK I'm only going to say this once more. You need to stop avoiding questions.

Who do you think is suspicious? Who do you think is scum? Do you have any thoughts or leads from something someone has said? For a newbie mafia member it would be difficult to speak about someone that you think may be scum because THEY'RE scum. This is why I'm suspicious of you. Because You won't answer this question.

Sorry if it seems like I'm focusing on BK too much, but he's really frustrating me @_@[/COLOR]
You posted this after the Airgemini's huge revelation. You didn't even attempt to address it or post thoughts about it.

09-22-2009 (Aussie Time)
I'm leaning towards either BK or Air. The fact that the Prostitute is the Mafia version of the Role Blocker, I'm starting to think that him being made a town prostitute is unlikely, and that his purpose was to keep it secret so that others wouldn't figure out that he's a prostitute. And his first post upon us finding out him being a role blocker seemed a lot like him trying to shiftily convince us that he's town, such as suggesting that we recommend for him who to role block. Other than that though I don't really have too much of a reason for being suspicious of air. I'm not sure if I'd be down for a BK Bandwagon or not, to be honest. I'm still not sure.

Also I'd like to hear what Kaylo has to say. She hasn't posted much of anything since the twelfth, and the posts since then were very small and mainly just her explaining her reasons for inactivity. Kaylo, you say you've read through the posts, what's your take on everything?
Despite everything that had happened concerning airgemini you still needed convincing?

Alright, time for me to settle on who to vote on. I've been indecisive lately.

I don't think that if they were teaming that Marc would have said that. It would be too blatantly obvious and stupid. Like most everyone else I'm leaning towards a BK or Air lynch, basically because I haven't been able to pick up anything from anyone else. I'm almost tempted to lynch bk instead of air for the purpose of that... well, there's a serial killer out there. If the killer takes out another townie (which the odds would point towards) we'd definitely be in a lot of trouble.

I still say it's possible BK's the serial killer. Chibo was the victim, right? Why would the serial killer choose to kill chibo of all people?

Chibo put a lot of pressure onto BK. More so than any others at the time, iirc. Seeing how BK's new, I could see him wanting to get rid of chibo to escape the pressure he was putting on him. Granted, if the serial killer was smart enough to make his night kill seemingly random, or used it to make someone else appear as the killer, my theory becomes worthless. It's only a hunch.

Question for some of the more experienced players. Would a serial killer normally be considered a complete threat to town? Or would it be more of a coin flip? Right now he has a 2/3 chance of hitting town with his night kill if he doesn't know the person's alignment. Doing so, at the start of the next day, if we hit mafia with our vote, it would leave us with a 6:3:1 ratio of town to mafia to independent (assuming there isn't another independent role left other than serial killer), and a 5:4:1 if we hit town. This is considering the serial killer kills a town member off of his night kill and not mafia, since it's a 2/3 chance which wouldn't be looking in our favor. Tell me if I'm wrong in my reasoning though.

Regardless, I don't see how having BK around benefits town whatsoever. He doesn't post unless someone calls him out, doesn't accuse anyone, doesn't question anyone, and has been too suspicious for anyone to trust him. Also the "You'll regret it if I'm lynched" post kind of irked me a bit. It almost seems as if he thinks the point in this game, and his goal, is to only survive. As if that's the only thing he has to do, and fishing out those that are mafia isn't something he should trouble himself with.

Maybe you do have some ability that'll mess us up when you're lynched. Let's see it.
Vote Bowser King
Only, BK was starting to become more active once he got the message, (though that's not much of an argument). You also say 'It's only a hunch', 'correct me if I'm wrong' etc a lot, which makes it hard to say 'WELL THAT'S A BOLD CLAIM, YOU MUST BE MAFIA'.

Hilt and Hylian are equal second on my list of suspicious people.

Mike G has legit johns for inactivity

As for who I suspect most right now.

I'm a little thown off here.
I've never been really suspicious of BK, but what if he isn't mafia? His post and behavior really reminds me of myself in Disney mafia. So maybe he's just lost for words and is giving up? Kind of like I did >.>

But then again, he could be lying which would get him fisted.
I'm not really defending BK but that post reminded me when I was about to get lynched in Disney mafia and posted something similar to that.

I wasn't really keeping it a secret, it was just kind of challenging to think of what to post and adding my post restriction with it. I kind of felt the need to keep it a little non suspicious because like what's kind of happening now, I thought I was immediately going to get canned because I sound like such a *****.

If I was in mafia and worried about getting exposed I probably would have like five posts in here. I'm relieved Kaylo called it out because now I feel like can express my thoughts slightly better without being gang banged by all of you since you all know I have to talk like a **** ;__;

After looking up prostitute, my role fits the desrcription almost perfectly unfortunately for me. It's just like in Disney mafia where I had a bad guys' role but was town. /=
Well, I'm not too happy with being a top canidate for a DL because it seems you're all basing it off of my roleclaim and post restriction. /=

Other than those two matching the prostitute description I don't really think I'm that suspicious.

I don't really feel comfortable going on the BK bandwagon because I'm not too sure about him yet. Everyone else's asses are pretty clean to me and don't really need that much investigating it seems.
Vote: bowser king

airgemini, who we know was scum, was defending you.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Also, Steel's in the 'don't know' pile.

I don't like the way he plays, but he also seems to be just trying to bait scum tells 'or so he said'.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
My ">_>..." wasn't me hesitating to do the final vote, it was more of a "wow, you are a moron and I was right the whole time." I was 100% convinced he was mafia at that point and had no problem throwing in the hammer.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
My ">_>..." wasn't me hesitating to do the final vote, it was more of a "wow, you are a moron and I was right the whole time." I was 100% convinced he was mafia at that point and had no problem throwing in the hammer.
that.... is all you are going to address?

i asked two questions of everyone... how about you not be worthless...

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Worthless?

It's the beginning of the day. I'll get to your questions once I'm able to do some rereading.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
You also say 'It's only a hunch', 'correct me if I'm wrong' etc a lot, which makes it hard to say 'WELL THAT'S A BOLD CLAIM, YOU MUST BE MAFIA'.
ummm that's how I normally talk >.>
Those aren't phrases that are too uncommon for me to say naturally.

Despite everything that had happened concerning airgemini you still needed convincing?
The "Other than that though I don't really have too much of a reason for being suspicious of air," that I said, meant that I wasn't able to find any scumtell from air's post OTHER than the fact of him being a prostitute (or, at the very least, a role blocker that seemed like a prostitute). The only other thing that lead me to want to vote air was him offering his role blocking abilities to "benefit" town.

Whether or not you think my post accusing bk of serial killer is me trying to not draw attention to air or, I did, and still do, hold BK as the best candidate for Serial Killer. Maybe I'm worrying about the role a bit too much, but most of my attention was drawn to that. BK had my suspicions of being both serial killer AND mafia. And I still suspect him of being one or the other.

My Suspicions

Bowser King - Reasons stated above. I'm not as suspicious of him being mafia, although I still have little reason to not suspect him of being serial killer.
Hylian - Vyse brought out good points about Hylian's posts. Not to parrot, but that coupled with him being one that stayed away from voting for air makes him a candidate in my eyes.
KevinM - Similar to what Vyse accused me of, Kevin not only made his talk of Air vague when compared to the rest of his post, which drew attention to Bowser King, but also acted as if Air's role blocking role wasn't prostitute, which was pretty much obvious. He may have honestly not known, but I have to admit, I doubt that. And it seems as if he tried to actually argue it for awhile, that air would be only a role blocker and not a prostitute.

Feel free to ask me more questions though Vyse (or anyone for that matter). And if I didn't answer something that you wanted answered let me know. I don't particularly enjoy being one of those that didn't vote for air, but oh well. So I'd definitely like to clear my name and not seem as suspicious (not sure if that sounds scummy or not but it's true, haha)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
yea Steel I said worthless because you didn't bring anything to the table you just kinda covered your back by explaining yourself. I mean you obv. read my post, so...

---

Hilt, can you explain to me why you think Bowser King is the Serial Killer? In your post, you simply said "reasons above," "reasons," etc. If you could specifically explain why he's a good SK choice, that would be helpful. Maybe quote things he's said that made you this so.

---

I don't necessarily disagree with what Vyse is saying about BK, because a large part of it comes straight from Airgemini. However, BK was one lynch target on Day 2, and Air was the other. If both were mafia, they really ****ed up, and that really doesn't happen very often at all.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Hilt, can you explain to me why you think Bowser King is the Serial Killer? In your post, you simply said "reasons above," "reasons," etc. If you could specifically explain why he's a good SK choice, that would be helpful. Maybe quote things he's said that made you this so.
It wasn't anything too big or obvious, it was mainly just the point that since chibo was the one taken out by the serial killer, it would make sense with BK being the killer since right beforehand, chibo put a LOT of pressure on bowser king, and getting rid of someone that's doing so wouldn't be too unlikely. I know that it's best to make your night kill not obvious for the serial killer, but considering BK's new, think it wouldn't seem TOO unlikely for him to do. Also he never responded or even acknowledged my post regarding him as serial killer when I made it awhile ago. Although, it could have been due to him having to deal with the pressure of everyone else.

Again, as I said before (which vyse called me out on) it's only a hunch, and a low possibility. But it IS a possibility, and his suspicious behavior in the early game makes him seem like he has something to hide, whether he would be mafia or the serial killer.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Again, am I looking too much into the serial killer? It's starting to seem to me like I'm almost paying more attention to it than mafia >.>
It just seems like a threat that not a lot of people are worrying about as much, so it seems I may just be overreacting.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
The one's I don't have a town read on in Tom's lynch pile:

3. Hylian
5. KevinM
14. Mike G

Hilt seems very town to me at the moment. My suspicions of Marc have died down though I'm not counting the possibility out.

Hylian's lack of help is being largely noticed and besides his recent moving, he's been coasting from what I can tell.

The remaining two I will wait to see more from. My suspicion's of Bowser King have almost completely disappeared now that Air has flipped mafia. I would like to see more activity out of him besides just posting when he is being targeted.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I am debating whether or not to remove §teel from my lynch pool.

Looking forward to hearing everyone else's suspicions.

I'm about to do a huge write up so I will address the only sure town I have right now are

1. Yourself, because you're playing your normal townie game and for once your questions are on point and actually looking to accomplish something.

2. Kat, the guy led the lynch on Air, what can I say. If you're going to bus someone you do it later in the day not at the very beginning.

Those are my SURE townies. I have townie reads on others but its hard to get a read on all these new players and I'm trying to avoid the metagaming aspect of things.

HOWEVER I'd like to say something specifically to -Hilt- that I couldn't before on D2. The reason I was so worried about lynching Air even though prostitute seems to fit perfectly meanwhile town roleblocker is as less likely roll, for TWO reasons. One is that I myself before I was Daykilled WAS a town roleblocker in final fantasy mafia, I couldn't tell you guys that because I was alive in the game and people in this game were also in that game. And two, a town roleblocker seemed a possibility because I received a letter on N1 and N2 that seemed to explain different things to me.

I don't know if it's from a player in the game, or a player that may have already died. But that's all I'll say on the matter. They're anonymous letters that seem to try and direct me in a certain point. I also have reason to believe they may have been sent to other people. It seems that we have someone playing a mischievous type of game. My worries is maybe some kind of cult that has a requirement or something along those lines. It's just odd. But if that's the case being the second one a town roleblock could stop the letters from coming. Otherwise the letters seem kind of pointless.

To Tom's questions however. I'll do a little rankings thing for you to get it completely on the table on who I'm focusing on and a reason for it, then I'll get to my write up to make my case. Hopefully that can stop the "nagging".

OUT OF YOUR LYNCH POOL

1. Marc, he's going to be the main focus of my write-up in a second. I've been attacking him since D1 subtly and I plan on bringing that even stronger now to show you guys its not just based off of nulltells.

2. Teran, he's been coasting and in fact hasn't posted at all toDay. He's always been a lurker but he hasn't been as confrontational as he has been in other games. I know I was going to try and avoid metagaming but to me this is a redflag. In newbie mafia games he was being blatantly douchebaggy, such as when the Doc died and his only response for a few days was to come in and say GG Town. In that game he was town, in this game he's played a little differently to post just as little but never seem to bring the spotlight on him. Either a new style or all to convenient.

The others I have for the most part townie reads on, and as such I've been avoiding pressing them to hard. Yourself included regardless of your inactivity so far in the game. It may be the fact that as you give me "brownie townie" points at the beginning of the game, I give them to you, but you haven't given me TO much of a reason to suspect you. And my suspicions were ALL but alleviated on D3 so far as you have made the reappearance as the townie Tom I tend to base my votes off of and scum hunt with.

IN YOUR LYNCH POOL

This was a little bit harder for me because most of the people whom seemed to not vote for Air are inactive or coasting. However if there were people worth looking at I feel it would be Hylian and MikeG.

I feel like BK isn't the play today at all so Vyse's vote stuck out a little to me but NOW I'm going to do my write up. I'm excited with out prospects because my numbers are different then Tom's. I feel like there would only have been 3 mafia members. and two indies. With Omni and Air dead that seems to only leave us with 2 mafia members and one indie left. Those are just my calculations though and it's just flapping my gums. For all I know BOTH me and Tom are wrong on the amount of people left in this game so don't take either of our guesstimates as Canon.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
kevin please pick someone other than marc for your lynch target. maybe later in the game you can choose him. please not today.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
kevin please pick someone other than marc for your lynch target. maybe later in the game you can choose him. please not today.
Tom you know how stubborn I am, so you're getting this write up first, MAYBE I will make my write up on Teran afterwards but I can't shake this feeling that you're either teamed with him at this point or you're just blind to the fact.

First of all my first letter I received BLATANTLY mentioned the Netherlands. It was rather lengthy but all I know is that it said the Netherlands was a safety place. At first that didn't mean anything to me until I remembered exactly where Marc was from. So odd.

I'm actually very much against lynching Omni for the sole reason Mafia wouldn't have such an obvious post restriction. While he pretty much cost Town the game last time, it takes people to follow his bad orders to screw things up majorly (he's not unlike Hitler, really =p). That said, I don't really know who to vote for yet.
This was my first red flag. True mafia wouldn't have such an obvious posting restriction, but this is the first time he shows that HE is ADAMANT against voting Omni.

I agree that Omni has some explaining to do, although we don't want him to do a full roleclaim.

I do not consider him experienced/smart enough to fake a post restriction. Typically Mafia doesn't have a post restriction this severe, because it instantly sets them apart. I think I know who Omni is supposed to be, but we don't have any leads on what kind of characters are in the Mafia (could be random for all we know). I agree there's a slight chance he's independent, in which case it's probably better for him to confess at this point.

Omni, are you independent?
He concedes Omni is probably anti-town. Or at least not a townie, and asks him straight out.

FoS: Teran

Remember what happened to Mulan in Disney Mafia? We don't openly fish for names/roles.

I think Omni is saying to trust him.

Omni, do you have specific info on CK?
Reading into Omni's role trying to get information from him, something Tom later discourages Hylian from doing, oddly enough he never once says the same to Marc even though he did the same thing.

It's typically scumtell (or newbietell) when someone starts guessing the roles of other players. Think about who benefits most from that knowledge...

Also, think game design. If you were the host, would you give Mafia such an obvious and impairing post restriction?
Just some game theory, activity without saying anything, a personal pet peeve of mine.

Drunk people always tell the truth, eh?

Tom, what do you make of this?

There's the possibility that Omni has to get CK lynched in order to win. I've seen a similar role in chat Mafia, but never in an actual game. In that scenario, neither is Mafia. Omni might know something about CK we don't, but I find it hard to believe his role PM gave him such clear info. He might have like a Lie Detector role or something and have already used that power on CK, but that's also quite rare.

I'm unsure about which decision to make, but lynching Omni seems like a poor choice. He might very well be a Jester, although giving a Jester a post restriction makes it quite easy for him (he wins when he gets lynched). I'm also hesitant to lynch CK (experienced player etc), but his pushing for an Omni lynch stands out as suspicious to me.
This is important for one reason

This is the first time Marc addresses Tom and ONLY Tom but it will not be the last time. Tom gives brownie townie points to those that question him and those that he has played lots of games with and likes a lot. It's odd that Marc starts doing that really early and will continue to do so.

Also he again reiterates he doesn't want to lynch Omni, which would have been PERFECT for scum. Think about it, if Omni doesn't die N1 who do you think town is going to waste all of their time on again D2. Omni.

Tom: Banking on town-aligned NK to solve our little situation seems risky. I'd like to remind you Mafia had a Bus Driver in Disney Mafia and knowing who's gonna be targeted gives them essentially two kills. I agree to not being hellbent on lynching Omni or CK because we still have time left, but unless anything comes up lynching Omni doesn't seem like a bad idea.
Busdriver idea comes out for the first time, he seems adamant about this being a possibility. He also says that lynching Omni might not be a bad idea.

His next post.

Because Omni is extremely likely to be Town.
... Oh ok then.

But we can probably tell something from his death. =/
... Ok even more..?

Upon further consideration I agree to letting Omni vs CK rest for now. It's indeed possible Omni's insights develop and if he starts targeting another player tomorrow we know he just gets a target every day. I think several scenarios are possible, it's just that most of them are unlikely.
He drops the lynch again.

Yeah, but it's annoying people don't treat this as more of a commitment. I can imagine something coming up, but the replacements pool is completely drained on Day 1 if this keeps up.
I think this statement is rather odd for a reason I will highlight again in a little bit. To show you where it is I'm going to use this face. :lick::lick::lick:

When you see that it's coming back to this.

I'd also rather lynch an independent than take a blind shot at the pool of inactives, but I don't wanna lynch a Jester. =/
He's showing he WANTS to lynch him but would rather not.

Tom then asks him a question about why he wouldn't want to lynch the jester.

Didn't see your tidbit about Jester lynch, but isn't it like playing for second place when he wins?
Specific question asked to Tom in which he could have just as easily looked it up on mafiascum.

i specifically asked you to answer in detail, not to dodge the question with a vaguely similar question
Tommy Boyyyy

I don't want anyone other than Town to get first place. I'm not sure if we share it with Jester or if Town gets second place though. Sharing it is somewhat acceptable, but keep in mind I was one of the people who killed Mini in Disney Mafia for no reason other than not wanting to share the glory. =P
He shrugs off this question completely. He didn't even really answer the question Tom had posed to him besides with a joke about not wanting to share first place. Odd sentiment.

Tom, would you be fine with lynching Omni even if he's a Jester?
Again a direct question to Tom, solidifying my reasoning that it's either Marc trying to get the brownie points or a Marc/Tom pairing that they're not afraid to hide for the fact of hiding in plain sight.

Mafia would probably want to kill the Jester and by not lynching Omni toDay, we're giving them room to do so. They know he's likely to get lynched on Day 2 if he doesn't die during the Night, so they also have to consider the possibility of playing for second place.
His argument for not lynching Mafia is that they wouldn't want to play for "second place" even after he had been told it was a joint win. Also it's odd he seemed pretty sure of who the mafia would kill.

The suspicious part is that you didn't say anything until people started prodding you, which is either newbtell or scumtell.
This is our first argument where I call him out on pressuring the weaker players.

You didn't post before, why? Did one of your Mafia buddies tell you you were getting heat for being inactive? School johns don't really cut it considering how much you're responding now.
Continuing

Basically at this point I'm for either Bowser King or Marc.

Marc you're doing exactly what I look to do when scum in mafia, which is stay active by attacking weaker players and dealing with game theory. In this way you stay active by agreeing with public appeals, and looking like your helping, but in reality you're playing a game where it's really really hard for you to make a lynch worthy mistake.

Also you ask specific questions to players that again only deal with game theory, A way in which I would make someone be more comfortable of me but yet not putting myself out there at all.

However out of the two of you Bowser Kings blatant inactivity and not helping at all is more alarming to me at the moment.
Here's my first argument of Marc.

You play an offensive game, I play a defensive game. You don't mind the risk of leading several mislynches, I play my own game and watch everyone else. I don't vote lightly, but you should know exactly where I stand by reading my posts.

Aren't weaker players attacked because they are weak? There's no reason for me to attack (for example) Tom right now, he plays like I know him. We approach the Jester thing differently, but that doesn't mean I should want to vote for him.
Weird that he mentions Tom yet again. And also basically brushes my argument off with "we play two different games and yours is worse because it risks mislynches"

You're attacking a weaker player right now. Right after you said you play a defensive game, yet you're pushing a wagon on a player just based off of inactivity right now. It seems contradictory.

You're last paragraph is just filler, you wouldn't vote for Tom because he hasn't exhibited any scummy behavior? That's good I guess?

Also the snide comment to Omni also raises some flags because you're shooting down some really inconsequential pressure really fast. Afraid to deal with more?
Omni had said he liked how I thought, and Marc quickly shot it down. And again my first paragraph notes at his contradiction.

Pushing a wagon? Really? I said it's newbtell or scumtell what he's doing and am undecided at the moment. I'm not throwing out a vote, I'm asking him questions, doing some mild prodding and telling him why he's considered suspicious. If that is considered offensive, every post you make is akin to the Holocaust.

You missed the point of my second paragraph entirely. I'll explain if you still don't get it, but think semantics and the current situation and you should get somewhere.

I made a snide comment because Omni seemed to heavily support you attacking me, while he just attacked CK and to a lesser extent Tom. I'm still trying to figure out what his deal is.
Mentions Tom again even though he BARELY did, just had to make sure to get Tom to notice I guess. Also I like how he attacks my playstyle yet again saying I play way more offensive etc.

I genuinely don't know what you mean by "adhoc". Tell me, please.

I can agree that I put some pressure on sasukebowser just now, it's just that you used terms like "pushing a wagon" and it's just not the same. You question suspects before you judge them. A vote is a judgement, while what I'm doing leaves room for other interpretations. I can imagine you think a vote is pressure like a question is, but to me it's much more decisive and answering to any argument accompanied by it seems like a wasted effort because you already put down the "final" judgement... the vote. Then there's the words you use, you speak of "garbage" and "weak players", terms I wouldn't use so easily when referring to arguments or people (even if I sometimes think it). So yeah, I think I'm gentle in comparison to you. This might make me seem more indecisive, but there's a drawback to every approach and I know what to do when it counts.

As for what I meant earlier... Weaker players are weaker because they have many openings for attacks and slip up a lot. More often than not, especially early in the game, they are the ones getting all the heat. You are weak because you get heat, you get heat because you are weak. I'd attack Tom, you etc, but the only veteran I've seen slip up so far has been CK and the whole Omni vs CK thing is put to rest for the moment. So yeah, everyone I "attack" will be a weaker player, considering most players here are new to the game and I have no reason to attack any of the vets right now. I'm watching you guys as you are without a doubt watching me, but I'm not going to attack you for the sake of doing so.

I also don't see this as a vs per se. I use strong words with you because I know you can take it, but this is mostly meta anyway.
Just quoting his response, take from it what you will

*shrugs*

Dutch Google gives you a bunch of companies, although Dutch Wikipedia is actually the second result. I know what "ad hoc" literally means as I've had Latin, I just didn't know it could be applied to arguments apparently. I think I know what KevinM was trying to say, but he has effectively discouraged me from putting effort into responding to him.
Him and Tom talking about my meaning of Ad Hoc. Also says he's not going to put any more effort into responding to my push. This is also important.

(shrug)

as long as you keep up with activity even though your computer busted im giving you and kevinm brownie townie points because i like you both
:lick::lick::lick:

Marc doesn't post again for a day and half and his activity and posts SEVERELY become limited after this.

Mission Accomplished?

Because they shouldn't want to share the win either. CK already pointed out they might be approaching it differently from me though.
Talking about not wanting to lynch Omni

Yeah, like I said before... we don't want to announce Town nightkills because it could give the Mafia two kills of their choosing.

Vote: Omni
Still talking about the busdriver oddly enough.

THIS IS THE LAST POST HE MAKES THE ENTIRE DAY!

Blegh, I ****ing hate Jesters.

BK also seems like the easy choice for me, but I don't really know where to go even if he flips Mafia.
This is midway through D2.

Ok so BK is the easy choice for him that's fine I agreed that I too had found BK really scummy at this point.

It's just that I find myself agreeing with a BK lynch as much as everyone else. Not as suspicious of air because a roleblocker could just as easily be a Town role, although I'm interested to hear why people suspect him BESIDES his roleclaim.
Weird that people thought that I was against the flavor of the role claim but I said that subtly while he outright said he isn't suspicious of Air or AS suspicious, keep this in mind.

Was talking in general, not just you. Air was Town in Disney Mafia, but a dubious one. His posting more this time around could simply be that he feels he's not in a tough spot as much. Could also mean he's really scum, but he doesn't stand out that much IMO. Also funny how Steel responds with something flavor related when I asked what ELSE makes air scum. =P

Is Roleblocker primarily a Mafia role? I was unaware of that. I think it really depends on where you play and the Jester role being in this game suggests Xiivi really made his own setup. Also, would a Mafia Roleblocker still be required to post as a Prostitute?
Random game questions and more talking about how Air doesn't stand out.

Vote: airgemini
WHAT?!

:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

1. I tend to trust people like Tom.
2. Something is fishy about you, might be what's in your panties, but either way your death is inevitable. Pretty much everyone suspects you, so we might as well get it over with.
His response to Air questioning his vote.

Also I attack him for his sudden contradiction and his response to someone asking about our previous argument.

We bickered for a bit and made passionate love under the sunset afterwards like a married couple.

*shrug* I just want to see air and/or BK flip something. They've been suspects for ages and it's going in circles. I don't like talking endlessly while the game itself doesn't move.
HE AGAIN WRITES OFF ANYTHING I'VE SAID.

Also he doesn't make another post all of D2 and leaves us with "I don't really care who is lynched. That's the easiest way to bus someone, get on it with a non-chalant whatever whoever dies dies.

Interesting choice. I'm starting to think the scales are tipping into Town's favour, considering we don't seem to have lost any big power roles and 1 Mafia is already dead.
The cop..?

I would think thats a power role you would remember. Also the nurse is also a pretty good PR, it gave us a Doc buffer.

I defended air briefly under the assumption that a Prostitute doesn't have to be Mafia aligned. Changing my opinion was easy when several people pointed out that it's usually a Mafia role and he started behaving weirdly. I didn't scumhunt beyond that because I wanted to see some facts first (like "air is Mafia" or "air is Town", same with BK) and was quite busy irl, not to mention I still don't have my own pc back. It's never been my style to go around in circles for two weeks when the lynch is already pretty much decided.

Kevin: I shrugged off your attack because there was nothing to defend against, I'm still not quite sure what your case is. Besides, had I responded more aggressively, you'd also have taken that as scumtell. Tunnel vision much?

Steel: What rubs you the wrong way about my post?
The thing is people had pointed out it was a mafia role multiple times and he never backed off from the I'm not really suspicious of Air thing until Tom posted. It seems like he wants to be NEAR Tom but never outright in Tom's sights.

The lynch wasn't decided we were at 4/4 so it's a dumb thing to say he didn't want to waste time.

And what perhaps get caught in a contradiction. Have to think more etc.

"that's an absolutely terrible argument"

^And you still believe I owe you more of a response. =p

Are you seriously judging me for voting Mafia now? Where was your vote anyway?
Yet again writes off what I say with And I owe you more of a response. That's TWICE he's said that he doesn't owe me a response but earlier in a quote he says "I Use tough words with you because you can take it"

But for some reason you can't take them yourself? Or is it just you want to avoid confrontation that MAY make you seem anti-town.

Yes I made a mistake and voted for whom I now believe is town. Ask me how many other mislynches I've led. A **** TON. Doesn't mean anything I'm still confident in my plays and so are the people that have played with me.

Tom, I apologize with going after Marc here but I have to, it's not just in my gut but in the game itself. You know me to well to think I'd just drop whom I think I have cornered.

The only other person I'd swing my vote to is Teran and I'd GLADLY make a write up on him as well but I'm confident with this right now.

I wouldn't bus someone half-assed. Which you can believe or not, but I could have easily swayed the vote in BK's favor. That doesn't hold if both air and BK are Mafia, which is still a possibility, but that's all I got for ya.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Today, 01:41 PM
Today, 01:02 PM
Today, 10:43 AM
Today, 09:27 AM
Today, 06:36 AM
Yesterday, 04:12 PM [Note: This is a V/LA post.]
09-28-2009, 05:38 PM [Note: Change your profile picture, it's getting old. <3]
09-28-2009, 03:38 PM
09-27-2009, 08:32 PM
7 hours until prod.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Kevin can I get a more detailed reasoning on Teran? I was thinking about adding him to my list of suspicions but decided against it.

Outside of his obvious coasting, a lot of his posts have been after Air. I realize there's the possibility of bussing, but he was essentially targeting him since the beginning.

He has also received multiple prods, so I dunno if it's actually coasting or if he's just forgetting about the game.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I've had a red flag on him ever since Tom said he didn't think he could prove that he was going to be able to play mafia and be helpful and he responded with

**** YOU basically.

Its on D1 if you need me to go get it I can go for it.

But basically he's been non-confrontational he hasn't pushed anyone super hard and when questioned he answers really offhandedly.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
**** you, you ****.
Get your head out of your ****ing ass.
Eh, maybe.

It was D1 and Teran may have thought it was simply a "**** around" post by Tom since we were still in RVS. I'm just taking Teran's personality into play here. I do see where you are coming from, though. He completely avoided the question.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Good job listing all my posts, but what is your point? I'll address a few things that stood out in your post, but I'm really not sure what you wanna hear from me. Maybe if you'd start asking me specific questions and actually pointed out what you find wrong with my answers, we could get somewhere. Right now it's like this:

Kevin: [vage attempt at an accusation packed in a half-assed question]
Marc: *tries to understand and respond*
Kevin: "no NO that's terrible OMG"

I'd respond to what you're saying, but I already did to pretty much everything you hold against me. I dunno about letters (didn't get any), but how can you take that as something implying me? Could be about me, could also be about a Dutchie at the Grammys. If my country is SAFE, how does that make me scum?

Not sure why Tom is defending me, but I like it. :3 I don't trust him blindly because I'm suspicious and he will look mighty good if I die, but his gameplan seems to be a lot better than Kevin's. Kevin is the person I am most suspicious of right now, aside from BK perhaps. He's looking for arguments behind an idea, rather than an idea behind arguments.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Marc why are you still suspicious of BK? It was either Air or BK that we were all confident were scum, and the former flipped as such. IIRC, you said you didn't care which one we lynch as long as it was one of them. As tom (the one you "trust") said, the possibility of two mafia both ****ing up doesn't happen often.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
If I'm really honest I don't know who to suspect right now...! I think it's quite early on in the day and people are just posting thoughts and stuff... I don't really have good experience in reading people yet as well as some of you posters here seem to have.

I thought I'd post and share this to not seem inactive.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
It's hard to unsee BK as scum, but it's indeed true two ****ing up at the same time is kinda rare. I'm okay with not focusing on him toDay, give him a chance to redeem himself.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Not really since most of the people who voted for air (other then steel) voted him early on. As someone already said, busing someone early on would be kinda stupid. Especially considering many still considered me a possible mafia/sk at the time. Still, Kevin's info on marc seems interesting and I'm going to reread it.

There isn't really anyone who clearly stands out as sk or mafia at the moment.

Just wondering but has anyone mentioned anything on how kayLo died? It seems odd for someone to go after her when she was a fool and couldn't vote for anyone other then hylian.

It wasn't anything too big or obvious, it was mainly just the point that since chibo was the one taken out by the serial killer, it would make sense with BK being the killer since right beforehand, chibo put a LOT of pressure on bowser king, and getting rid of someone that's doing so wouldn't be too unlikely. I know that it's best to make your night kill not obvious for the serial killer, but considering BK's new, think it wouldn't seem TOO unlikely for him to do.

Just thought I'd point out but that would be asking for WAY to much unwanted attention. At a time when your getting swamped by suspicious people, the worst thing you could do is kill someone and get more attention.

Also he never responded or even acknowledged my post regarding him as serial killer when I made it awhile ago. Although, it could have been due to him having to deal with the pressure of everyone else.
Sorry, I must have missed it. I seriously don't remember any post like that but if it was during when I was getting around 5-6 posts a day about me being mafia then I may very well have missed it.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
My inactive johns were done from a day and a half ago. I just take them back to the airport later tonight. And keep their tea and cookies lol

Also, Mike G, are you still suspicious of Bowser King? Or has that died down now that air has been lynched?
My suspicion of BK has always been the same since day one. Solid. and my Vote on him still stays.

the more I read into it, the more obvious it seems to me that he's scum. When asked about his current suspicion of Air he replies

Well, that depends. Mafia members knew that air was mafia right?

what is that s'posed to mean? Did YOU know that Air was mafia? lol

that doesn't bug me that much as his other post where he started to throw threats and trying to make everyone feel guilty if he gets lynched. Are you that afraid to die? You aren't making a good effort trying to keep yourself alive in my eyes. =_=

Other than that, Tom brought up something that I was waiting for him to say:

Mike G, I got a glimpse of you as scum today in SWFmafia aim-chat. How are you different here, and what is your current opinion?
I'm sorry, good sir. I wasn't aware that my play style is 1 past Mafia game can easily be used against me in this one lol. Your "glimpse of scum" from another game argument isn't very safe as you are also using it on Hyilan. wtf? what makes you so sure that he's going to be the same as he was then?

What really gives me the confused face is that you are seemingly defending marc because of this "trust" you might have for him(and vice versa apparently). what bugs me even more is that You are telling KevinM, who is seems to be really good at giving pressure on the spot, to lay off Marc. I'm pretty sure Marc can handle himself...He doesn't need to to help him..

. . .

. . .

BUT i'm still on BK's case right now just as I was since the game started and I'm still sticking my it =D

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
hmmmm

urrghhhh this is such a stupid dilemma i hate this i hate it

i dont know what to think right nowww @__@

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC