• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question? We've got answers! Check out the OP for FAQs!

Coney

Smash Master
hey folks,

did we ever come up with a way to get people to struggle out of our inhale? i caught a few people with it recently and placed high at a pretty big tourney, but word got around quick. any way to get them to mash out?

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
wasn't there some percentage floating around to the effect of 17% or something? correct me if anyone actually has a legit number

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Hello, I have a question.

The following is assuming that all items are off, and are put on None.

What are the chances of King Dedede throwing a gordo?
What about the chances of him throwing a capsule?
Is it possible for an item, specifically, a smoke, to come out of one of these capsules?
What about the possibility for D3 to throw a smashball?

I need to know this, as this will help me determine whether someone had cheated during a match.
Gordo = 8%
Capsule = 0%
It's not possible for a smoke to come out of the thrown capsule.
There's no smashball possibility.

Judging by this sentence of your quote...
The following is assuming that all items are off, and are put on None.
When items are set to Off and None, King Dedede will not throw a capsule, and therefore, has no possibility of throwing ANY items from the list.

Question:
Is it possible for Snake to pull out a nade when he's caught in Blizzard?
This is not a question about King Dedede. Even if I knew the answer, I wouldn't tell you. :)

No it's higher than that. I think it's floating around 10-15%.

I threw 4 gordos in a two minute match so it must be slightly higher than 8.
The number of times you throw one does not reflect our assumption of a percentage.
Since it's by chance, of each event of throwing one, the percentage number stay the same. The number is 8%.
In essence, you were just very lucky at that time.

And for everybody's information, Waddle Dee is 71%, and Waddle Doo is 20%.

71 + 20 + 8 = 99. The other 1% is added from decimals from the three numbers that I didn't bother to remember.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Sorry for the double-post.
I completely re-did the original post because I know that the question history was discouraging to read because it looked so messy. I added the magical tool to help answer everybody's questions easier. You won't be let down.

DZLE

Smash Master
Beef, I'm happy to see you kept things running, and are still running them strong.

It makes me happy as a D3 main...

And as such, i'd like to announce my Official return to Brawl, and D3.

See you around the boards ^_-

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Beef, I'm happy to see you kept things running, and are still running them strong.

It makes me happy as a D3 main...

And as such, i'd like to announce my Official return to Brawl, and D3.

See you around the boards ^_-
Ah yes.... it's been too long, my friend DZLE. I'm happy that you're happy about this. :)
Keep your activity here!

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Does anybody now about the King D3 and Snake bomb trick
______

If you don't know then this is how it happens

Have snake use his Down smash on the ground

then Have king d3 use his inhale towrds the Bomb

and watch how it happens
_____

You all probably now this

DZLE

Smash Master
Here's a question for you Beefy,
I've never really thought about it, and i'm ashamed to say so haha...

What's good to follow up on with a low-% Gordo??

Usually If i throw one early into the match and it hits I am in awe thinking "Lol my Gordo hit them lawl" and I don't think of anything...

What's your take on it?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Yeah you're right lol, we have to be thinking of what's a good follow up.
I'm thinking either a shorthop forward air/backair/or inhale. If you really want to mindgame them badly, walk up near them and try a smash with C-stick.

Ol-Jeb

Smash Apprentice
An ol' shack out in Antarctica, the last frontier.
Thanks for pointing me towards this thread Beef, its extremely helpful ^^ About the early gordo, if you could get close enough, would it be possible to grab them? I'm a bit on the uninformed side when it comes to distancing (I have been reading about spacing though) But I know some characters don't necessarily go that far when hit with a gordo at low %'s, just a thought.

Mikeomak

Smash Cadet
Yeah you're right lol, we have to be thinking of what's a good follow up.
I'm thinking either a shorthop forward air/backair/or inhale. If you really want to mindgame them badly, walk up near them and try a smash with C-stick.
Down on the joystick.....:D

Just messing. But wouldn't what you follow up with change based on where you are and where they are? Like if your in the air throwing it and they get hit with it in the air you arent going to Fsmash..

And hi DDD boared, im Mikeomak :D!

DZLE

Smash Master
I have tried this the last couple days.
Match starts, on ground or short hop toss a Gordo (if it happens) If it HITS, reverse jump normally into a bair and it should hit them.
ORR
If they block it, usually its so laggy like BLASDJF (i cant explain the noise a gordo makes when it hits) against the shield you can dash Shield Grab them. If its DK or Bowser or any chaingrabbables for that matter... enjoy your start with high % :p

Still figuring this out because i'm freaking lucky with early gordos.

And welcome all to the DDD boards :p

Mikeomak

Smash Cadet
Are you sure theres not to much space between the 2 people starting then considering the lag on over B. Ive never been able to follow up with anything to big after an early gordo throw. Maybe i suck though.

DZLE

Smash Master
Depends on the stage really o.o
When you get pro at Bair spacing you can pull one of those out fast and anywhere :D

Mikeomak

Smash Cadet
I was thinking it was a matter of not enough stun and to much lag on over B to be able to follow up, not lack of spacing O.o.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Thanks for pointing me towards this thread Beef, its extremely helpful ^^ About the early gordo, if you could get close enough, would it be possible to grab them? I'm a bit on the uninformed side when it comes to distancing (I have been reading about spacing though) But I know some characters don't necessarily go that far when hit with a gordo at low %'s, just a thought.
Your welcome...yes I grab is possible, but be sure to shield of course.
Just messing. But wouldn't what you follow up with change based on where you are and where they are? Like if your in the air throwing it and they get hit with it in the air you arent going to Fsmash..
Of course! This is definitely true that it depends of where you and your opponent are. That cxhanges what move you might want to do.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
I dont think this matchup is covered that often if it is someone link me. Zelda:DDD

Jdawg26

Smash Apprentice
So I was just messing around today and I think I may have found something... Slap me if I'm wrong though.
Does Charizard have a pummel break GR infinite against D3? To get the grab again you'd have to take a small step forward, much like D3's infinite against DK or Bowser. Can someone confirm/dispel this for me?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Jdawg, that would be a better question to ask the Pokemon boards.

So I heard there's a flippin guide here. This interests me because I didn't know Dedede could flip before. Any tips on how to do it?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I'm glad you noticed that Gates because I remember when the king could flip too, it's so weird. I actually don't know the exact input for flipping, but I'll change the name to make you feel better, so suck my ***.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
There's no team guide for King Dedede...but there's all the information you need for the guy in teams on page 13 of this thread. It's the biggest post on that page.
The last post on page 13 happens to have something with Pikachu. And thanks...for your compliments in my video thread guys.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Beef, I wanna play you, we should train together :D
If i'm ever around, we'll meet up, aight?
:)

I have left wifi completely when playing competitively. But on the other hand, I will only play wifi for exclusively matches against friends like yourself!
The reason being is because life itself is more important to me, and I have been placing extremely well in OFFLINE tournaments I have been attending, and the SoCal rankings are about to be updated and they are considering me to be on it. So with that being said, I have limited time during the week, but we will play eventually.
I don't really need to train, but I can help your King Dedede in more ways than one, so we'll see in the near future.

DZLE

Smash Master
:)

I have left wifi completely when playing competitively. But on the other hand, I will only play wifi for exclusively matches against friends like yourself!
The reason being is because life itself is more important to me, and I have been placing extremely well in OFFLINE tournaments I have been attending, and the SoCal rankings are about to be updated and they are considering me to be on it. So with that being said, I have limited time during the week, but we will play eventually.
I don't really need to train, but I can help your King Dedede in more ways than one, so we'll see in the near future.
Haha man I don't pay on Wifi at all really but i'd be willing to play with you on it!

I was talking when I come to So Cal (hopefully soon) we play face to face :D

I'm not saying like competitively or MM or anything.
I just wanna play with my friend Beef.

Top Bottom