• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question? We've got answers! Check out the OP for FAQs!

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Wait, you mean CenCal actually exist? I always thought it was just Nor Cal and SoCal.
/asked a question to D3 players so I'm on topic

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Wait, you mean CenCal actually exist? I always thought it was just Nor Cal and SoCal.
/asked a question to D3 players so I'm on topic
Yes that's true Crashic. No there's no real competitive scene in central California because the majority of it is just land, fields, and mountains with no active people there except a couple, so they just resort to the northern California scene.

∫unk

Smash Master
there's cows too!

i used mk a lot because ppl feel the need to go jungle japes falco like every time game 2

and i hate going ddd on double blind in case something dumb happens

but this period im going to go all ddd and see how i do

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I wish Japes is legal in my area *sad face*

Does anyone know the frame advantages that DDD has when he d-throws certain characters?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I have a question for you DDD mains. Who do you think is harder match up for DDD, Luigi or Mario?
They're both easy matchups for us because we infinite both of them. But to compare both of those characters as matchups on us.... Luigi would be slightly harder because he has more on us than Mario does. For one, his recovery is better, and Mario can be gimped once with back air and be dead. Luigi's tornado and his neutral air have amazing priority which messes up us sometimes. Mario doesn't have a strong neutral air and he doesn't have a real tornado anymore thanks to Sakurai, and his aerial game is a little bit weaker than Luigi's because the burden of his forward air being laggy prevents him from approaching in the air straight up, while Luigi can just air approach with his karate-chop. If you're all thinking Mario's cape is a threat... it's not. For smarter King Dededes, they'll know it's coming and just purposely upB more over... And lastly, Luigi's combo game is a little stronger than Mario's with his up tilt being better, and his down throw both being better for comboing. I'd say the ratio for the Luigi matchup is "5" better than Mario's matchup. I don't know the ratios but I'd say Luigi is "5" in better favor of him because of everything I've explained about him that he has on King Dedede compared to what Mario has on King Dedede.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Wait what there are tourneys that don't ban DDD's infinites? All EC tourneys have that banend, but I guess thats cuz we have so many Dededes. They sort of counterbalance that by banning Japes, but overall EC rules are pretty boring.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
There's no need to point out the obvious that it's banned in most places. Seriously, everybody knows that.
Also the cape is bad, no matter what.
You obviously don't know what predicting is, or just reacting accordingly to what the opponent will do.
OK, so beef or anybody else, without the infinite what would you say the matchup is?
I think we're a soft counter on Luigi, 55:45. We're 60:40 on Mario.

I think this was a little disrespect to Gates's project on the matchup thread because people would rather ask something that's answered there, but as long as he's okay with it.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
You obviously don't know what predicting is, or just reacting accordingly to what the opponent will do.
I like how people act like their opponents can't predict or act accordingly to what the opponent will do either. I don't have any good mario experience but the cape is a pretty good threat against our recovery though a situational one depending on how we recover.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yeah I know, I meant when you grabbed him at the crease in the rock transformation you had a d-throw infinite, you could have d-thrown a few times and uptilt for an easy kill.

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
you can't wall infinite non chaingrabable characters. there was this thread floating about a while back which said you could hit a nonchaingrabbable character with a jab after a dthrow against a wall and then be able to regrab, but i've never really tried it and it can be teched

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VjOrG2YSXU&feature=channel

Critique just for the hell of it, Beefy.

I know my mistakes and I know I won't make them again, I just feel like hearing what you have to say. Anyone else is free to join in too just for the hell of it as well.
As you wish, Serin.
Like I've said in other places, I think you've improved a lot by means of being receptive/reactive to some things Meta Knight does, and I can tell that you're applying your reactions to other matchups also. And you're aware of some things in the matchup, such as dealing with Tornado [that was an excellent jump-out to a down air], and also the fact that you're not reckless like you used to be. You're being more patient and cautious to Meta Knight which is what you should be doing. You're mixing up your options from your arsenal, converting it to somewhat of a mindgame. I'm not joking when I'm saying any of this because you were the exact opposite a few months ago...to what I said above. Keep up the work you're doing and don't give up on your bad matchups. It's up to us two to be the lone King Dededes with refusal to secondaries, who are representing that from two coasts. And I don't mean to be too mooshey or homo here, but it's great that you're with this community and not others.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Honestly, I'm in too deep with D3 to go with anyone else now. I can use ICs for the lulz, but I'm not seriously good with them.

And IIRC, CO18 plays D3 only in tourneys as well.

Also, can the other 2 WC D3s critique as well? Dunno if you guys have a MK other than Tyrant, but that doesn't mean you can't critique.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
There's plenty of Meta Knights here that aren't ranked.
Another ranked Meta Knight is AC. And the "D" one is DieSuperFly, he only goes to tournaments in northern California now though.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Well everyone in SoCal isn't buffed, so I'm only considering Tyrant and Havok worthy MKs.

∫unk

Smash Master
dsf went to socal last weekend and went back to his old **** mode (http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7634)

he got 2nd at this behind tyrant

there's a lot of good mk's on the wc... tyrant havok dsf zex sean jem im forgetting a few... but all of those people have won at least $500 each with mk in the past year

--

random zss vs ddd tidbit: you can block (not even powershield) zero suit's up tilt facing toward her or away from her and u-smash oos and it'll hit her guaranteed

kills at 115% with good DI around 109% with mediocre/no DI

Jupz

Smash Master
critique pls :)
i decided to film these matches because I have trouble with this matchup. I know I played really terrible in these :(

my johnz - playing on a TV with lag screwing up my PSing and z catching and my c stick screws up when I hit it down which is why sometimes I would just randomly jump into the air without doing anything when I was trying to dair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y7YC0FFRbI&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_GZKAgxnO0&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30wFpjuysyU&feature=channel

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I didn't see you instant throw the bombs. I'd avoid the bombs all together, as it could very well be a trap he is setting up, and they might be cooked, but if you are going to attempt to grab them, use the instant throw. (Grab with air dodge, cancel air dodge with throwing the item) You also did really good more towards the beginning when he hadn't claimed the momentum yet. I don't know anything about the TINK matchup, so I'll leave it to CO18.

Jupz

Smash Master
Just wondering why to use the instant throw? Most of the time when I caught them if I threw them right away they wouldn't have changed the match at all, either by hitting him or forcing him to do something. I waited until he was on the ledge or directly below me or something lol.

Top Bottom