• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question! Sheik Q&A & FAQ

Dcold

Smash Lord
Ah...I do it the dabuz way where I just change X to special, and R to attack and then do the Harlem Shake on that controller with my index finger over A/Y/X and pushing C-Stick up with thump, and moving Control stick with other thumb, while randomly pressing R/L. Yours seems a bit easier, and it works too .-.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You know that changing your controls doesn't affect how much each button affects the grab break, right? Jumps and Shields count as much as anything else.

Just making sure you weren't changing the buttons for no working reason, is all.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Well obviously, I'm not THAT silly. I just change it because I already use R for Dacus, so that's that, and it's easier to use X instead of B when mashing that way for me since I still have room to push the C-Stick. Plus sometimes I get weird and like to use X for special instead of B because I don't feel comfortable using B sometimes, I am odd.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Yeah, I've been told many things about this game that just seem like placebos. And tell Billy to play, I need my idol back TT_TT

And I've heard you've picked up Sheik. Sounds nice, and would love to hear what ya do with her.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Wait, I think it actually can because I think I jumping chained against Will once, and he getup attacked from the ledge and it clanked and canceled my chain, not sure if I accidentally used the jacket, or if DK's getup just plain destroys it.

Forsworn

Smash Cadet
Sheik is the first character I've learned seriously that has a tether recovery. How effective is it for gimps/edgehogging? Like just hanging onto the edge with the chain, and the autosnap for invincibility frames for certain situations? She doesn't seem to have very reliable KO moves besides tipper U-smash, and while I am learning all the GR -> U-smash stuff, her edgeguarding game seems to be the next best way of getting kills.

Tesh

Smash Hero
i went through some threads and found no good info on vanish, sheik boards used to seem all about the numbers...

Is there some frame data for vanish? I just need to know the speed, invincibility during the startup, general kill percents. I'm also interested in info on how strong dsmash is when charged and how to properly land forward smash so the killing hit works.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
From my old archive (I did a really poverty way of collecting data before frame-by-frame was possible):
Vanish
INVULNERABLE: 26-54
HIT: 35
REAPPEAR: 55
END: 94

Aerial Vanish
INVULNERABLE: 23-54
HIT: ???
REAPPEAR: 55
END: 98
LAND: 28 {99}
The "autocancel" frame here is when you would get a soft landing instead of a heavy landing, but this one is for when you land BEFORE this frame. If you land from a Vanish, you get the same lag as you would a normal soft/heavy landing, except without the IASA frames. Also, if you do an aerial Vanish into the ground, look at Vanish's END frames. If you do a ground Vanish into the air, look at Aerial Vanish's LAND frames.
It should be accurate within 2 frames of error.

As far as fsmash goes, the more perfectly you space it for the first hit to barely connect, the less likely it is for the second hit to actually connect.

Tesh

Smash Hero
aerial vanish hits on? frame 33 or something? I had no idea it was that slow. I was feeling more like 10-20 invinci with hits on 25, but i guess it just looks more subtle in the early frames.

Tesh

Smash Hero
interupt as soon as

definitely one of the worst acronyms to stick.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Because of her strong recovery and kill moves.

edit: I just realized this is going to be ANOTHER character where the ditto is really gay. Sonic, Wario, Sheik how do I do this. It doesnt matter tho, sonic> sheik >wario>sonic so ill never have to ditto.

Tesh

Smash Hero
oh really? all it means is....exactly what it says. Lets say you have a dtilt that has a 30 frame animation and the first "IASA" frame is 24. on frame 24 you can start another move (or this is when the animation will end if you buffer something).

Anything after the IASA frame is basically just a part of the animation that only plays if you do nothing and let it. Alot of dtilts have an ending animation where the character uncrouches or something unless you do another move.

cant sheik ftilt lock herself to death? That sounds worse than wario dittos with the GR to fart killing at 60-90%

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
Can anyone help me with the tilt lock? I can't seem to do the tilts fast enough. Does it have to do with speed of presses, or rather timing of presses?

Also, what are some good aerial frame traps for Sheik on most characters?

Might dabble with her a bit, thought I'd post some stuff, may post some more stuff later. Stuff.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
Coolest of cool. I mean, I'm not expecting immediate results, but I'm gonna assume Sheik vs. Wario will be much less of a headache than DK vs. Wario, so I'll just poke in with questions from time to timeee. :)

DekuTree

Smash Rookie
Is there any definitive way of chain locking? I've played Sheik for a LONG time but haven't been able to get this one down. Whenever I try it I'm usually too slow to effectively keep my opponent locked and deal out good damage. I understand that the effectiveness depends on which character you are fighting but any help would be appreciated.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
Does a chain jacketed move stale like the original move?

I basically have no clue about the chain, other than you can spin it. xD

Who are you trying to tilt lock?

Its only inescapable on like 5 people, and won't start on anyone until around 20-25%

Chain doesnt decay until you retract it. And chain jacket applys Chain decay, and not the decay of the move you jacket.

DekuTree

Smash Rookie
I wasn't really looking for any character in particular to perform it on, just wondering if there was any way to do it continuously through a large amount of matches. However I didn't realise the amount of characters it would work on would be so low, so I might hold off on learning for now.

Thanks anyway.

it's not very hard to learn.

And on most characters you'll get 3-4 f-tilts and a follow up off before they escape.

Also I wasn't talking about the chain lock, i was referring to the tilt lock lol.

The chain lock is stupid and requires an absurd read to pull off. But it does work on everybody.

O, sorry atila I didn't see your post until just know.

Chain lock is where you pull out grounded chain, and somehow your opponent gets hit by it. The from there, you wiggle the control stick and c-stick a lot, and if done correctly the opponent will take massive damage, like 60+ in a matter of seconds.

The only problem is, nobody will ever get hit by it, and by its nature its really weird to do it precisely, and if you **** up and get hit out of it, since you're wiggling the control stick, your DI is completely ****ed.

And how to approach with sheik.

Walk, if they jump run up and trap their landing with either dash attack or shield grab. If they dont jump, just walk towards them and apply mad pressure by doing nothing. If you get close enough to jab, then jab at them every now and then, if not wait for them to commit and either jab/f-tilt them out of it. "approaching" with sheik is just playing really defensively at a close range, to bait them into doing stuff, and punishing landings.

C.J.

Smash Master
Why are you in ever board I visit o_O

And fair or bair in what regard? They do different things.

Top Bottom