• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good S*** Stratford! 130 total entrants, full results up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeldaMaster101

Smash Rookie
I am actually thinking about bringing a setup. Wii, melee, and a tv's all i need right? Idk how many inches the Tv is, but iits pretty nice sized. Should i bring brawl as well? (64 is already on my wii)

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I dont think size matters unless its really big. But at least ur tv doesnt have lag
Lolhizeldamaster

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
I am actually thinking about bringing a setup. Wii, melee, and a tv's all i need right? Idk how many inches the Tv is, but iits pretty nice sized. Should i bring brawl as well? (64 is already on my wii)
It's likely larger than most of the setups people are bringing :p As long as its a CRT TV (the big ma****as), you'll be fine. If its and LCD or HDTV, though, you'll probably not want to go through the trouble of bringing it. There are people that would rather wait an hour for a setup than play on a laggy TV like those.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
@ Roller: Awful movie, cool pic.
@ ZeldaMaster: BRING THE SETUP! You have no idea how much time you'll save everyone.
@ Scythe: You're bringing a Melee setup, that's final :]
@ SoloSilver: So you guys are bringing two Cube+Melee and one TV, correct?
@ Warlock Don: Thanks a ton, I'll put you down for a Melee setup in the OP.

Again, I can't stress enough the importance of reaching 16 full setups... basic breakdown as to how long pools will take at this tourney:

Projected 64 entrants = 8 pools of 8 players each = 28 sets total per pool x ~10 minutes per set = ~280 minutes of playing time / 2 TVs per pool = 140 minutes of playing time per pool.

And that's the best case scenario where we have 16 full setups, everyone is present at all times, and everyone plays through their matches nonstop.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
We are doing that. But it's still going to take awhile. Doesn't change the fact that the time difference between 15 and 16 setups is enormous.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
(typing in green cuz its the best day ever)

Cincinatti is coming? BRING INFERN. I wanna spank him in a MM :awesome:

Also still looking for MMs with out of state people. Hit me up.

Also just want to remind people to bring Brawl setups also and power strips will be a major help also. If you guys want this event to go smoothly setups help. I will keep nagging until the big day so no worries ;)

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
One way to tell if someone is from cincinnati, is if they can spell "cincinnati" correctly. Lol.
Compared to most of Wisconsin's city names, Cincinatti is pretty easy to spell IMO. Actually, I don't think I've ever spelled it wrong >.>

And Tech, I'll MM you, just don't expect much, I'm scared of every one of your characters, and it shows =[

Roller

Smash Legend
Compared to most of Wisconsin's city names, Cincinatti is pretty easy to spell IMO. Actually, I don't think I've ever spelled it wrong >.>

And Tech, I'll MM you, just don't expect much, I'm scared of every one of your characters, and it shows =[
You're scared of snake, dedede, falco, ics, wario, AND zss???

Jesus. What matchups are you comfortable with? lol

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
So hyped! I'm looking for anyone who wants to mm my :marth:, :popo:, and :metaknight:!

Also, still not to sure about doubles yet :@

DTR

Smash Journeyman
k so like. this time i (klob) am expecting to play duck, juggle, and jungle cause you guys dodged me when i went to michigan + i wanna beat moose this time

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Dart, don't tell me you're entering Brawl singles as well? >_>

Klob... I was a TO and main recording supervisor at SWEET 2, you were an outsider from Ohio that nobody had seen before, whose job is it to find the other for friendlies? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom