• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good controll configuration?

Smoom77

Smash Master
I main Falco, Peach and Diddy and I use a weird configuration.

Tap Jump off
Grab= X
R= Special
Z= Attack

Would it to my advantage to change it for Samus?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
For Samus, turn tap jump on. Believe me, it does make a difference. As for the other buttons, if you're used to them, keep them.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Up Oos.

I dont use up tap on tho, reason being i like to have better control over my aerials.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Turn (and keep) tap jump on. If you're having problems with aerial control... then get better by training with it on. Sometimes, you want to feel as if you can play ssbb without having to go to controls and change configurations =P.

Besides, Oos up+B is a good tool at her disposal.

My config goes as
Y=Grab
R=Attack

Just so I can DACUS (I tri-main Samus/Sheik/Diddy)

You should be fine otherwise.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Ewww Tap Jump.

My config:
^ on Dpad - Up Smash
v on Dpad - Down Smash
< / > on Dpad - Grab/Z-air
Tap Jump - Off
The rest - Normal

....Oh wait, I use the Wiimote and Nunchuck.

SarahHarp

Smash Apprentice
I have special on L, that way I can do the exact same OSS with tap jump off. Sure, you have to do 3 inputs at once instead of two, but that's easy to get used to.

Oh, and I have up taunt on Y. Makes changing into ZSS way easy <.<;

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I have Tap Jump off. It's unlike Melee. At least in Melee, you had to tap up twice in order to jump up twice when using your u-air. In Brawl, the controls are too sensitive, and so it takes one jump as two jumps, and you have this long drill kick that Samus performs, and you realize that you cannot try to use your drill kick on your opponent again, so you have to land on the ground. It's stupid. Besides, another alternative character I use is Pit, and he looks stupid when he Arrow Loops and has Tap Jump on. It's better with it off. I didn't turn Tap Jump off because of the tilts, however. Ravin, I don't know how you mess up with Tap Jump on when you're using tilts.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Meh, I use c-stick for all aerials, the u-air problem doesn't apply.

Besides, another alternative character I use is Pit, and he looks stupid when he Arrow Loops and has Tap Jump on.
Doesn't Pit go into a crouch when you Arrow Loop? I tried having Pit/Marth as secondaries once and didn't have problems with tap jump on when arrow looping after shooting left/right. Mmm... I feel like playing Pit now, lol. I'll probably post again later to report any problems.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Meh, I use c-stick for all aerials, the u-air problem doesn't apply.

Doesn't Pit go into a crouch when you Arrow Loop? I tried having Pit/Marth as secondaries once and didn't have problems with tap jump on when arrow looping after shooting left/right. Mmm... I feel like playing Pit now, lol. I'll probably post again later to report any problems.
Sometimes he'll crouch. With Tap Jump on, he jumps up. He honestly looks like he lost his mind.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Mm, after testing... I found that I do not jump when arrow looping one arrow. I do however jump when I loop more than one unless I time the second arrow so it synchs with the first (but I prefer arrow raining more than shooting horizontally.) Also, I've found how to arrow loop two arrows while jumping and attacking opponent. It's actually pretty fancy and reminds me of Admiral Pit's gameplay.

But yeah, fancy doesn't mean win. So Pit main, tap jump off. And if you're a samus main, you want the best chance to win. So, tap jump on folks!

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Mm, after testing... I found that I do not jump when arrow looping one arrow. I do however jump when I loop more than one unless I time the second arrow so it synchs with the first (but I prefer arrow raining more than shooting horizontally.) Also, I've found how to arrow loop two arrows while jumping and attacking opponent. It's actually pretty fancy and reminds me of Admiral Pit's gameplay.

But yeah, fancy doesn't mean win. So Pit main, tap jump off. And if you're a samus main, you want the best chance to win. So, tap jump on folks!
I'm not worried about Tap Jump on, and I don't see any reason to keep it on, except, "Up+B OoS with Tap Jump on means invincible frames." If you use u-air more than you use the Screw Attack, then keep Tap Jump off. If you have a hard time using u-tilt with Tap Jump on, turn it off. The invincible frames aren't really noticeable enough to worry about when using Up+B OoS. If your Screw Attack clanks with an attack, oh well. The Screw Attack has been nerfed when it comes to priority. I'd recommend to keep Tap Jump off.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
having tap jump off pretty much seals the deal when it comes to OOS UP+B. u lose invincibility frames. not good.

i leave mine just like melee.

JigglyPunch

Smash Apprentice
I turn tap jump off just because I use zss too. I can't use the c-stick for arials and b-attacks at the same time.

Werk!

Smash Rookie
Set another button to jump and press it as you Up-B, with the jump input oh-so-slightly ahead of the Up-B.

Requires a lot more work than tap-jump on, and if you mess up you end up with the slow, aerial up-B instead of the grounded smex version.

But hey, I like being able to do up-tilts on call. *shrug*

jpl315

Smash Apprentice
I have special on L, that way I can do the exact same OSS with tap jump off. Sure, you have to do 3 inputs at once instead of two, but that's easy to get used to.

Oh, and I have up taunt on Y. Makes changing into ZSS way easy <.<;
well then you wouldn't get invincibility frames...i was referring to what SarahHarp said about making L special and pressing 3 buttons to get the same result as with tap jump on?....how do you do it, and how does this work?

SarahHarp

Smash Apprentice
Special on L. Then when you're holding shield (for an OOS) push Jump (X), L (Special) and Up all at the same time. No fraction-of-a-second delays necessary (in fact, this will screw it up). It can also be performed holding Up prior to the inputs.

Requires pretty much no extra work than the Tap-Jump-On method.

Top Bottom