• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Golden Sun: The Lost Age (of) Mafia -Game Over! Indy Alex wins!

Furio Tigre

Smash Apprentice
It's possible, but there's too much damning evidence to ignore Ryker right now. If there really is an Alex in this game, let's just hope that it's either Ryker himself, or that this Alex doesn't win toDay as a result of staying alive (although I'm not sure why Alex would win toDay as a result of living, granted I'm not THAT up to speed on the flavor.)

Furio Tigre

Smash Apprentice
Oh wait, I remember someone mentioning something about the light houses being lit and that Alex would win if all of them were lit. I think it's a little silly to presume that he wins toDay considering he hasn't already done so, and there haven't been any indications suggesting that there is an Indy at all (there aren't any big discrepancies in NAR based on what we've seen thus far, nor have their been any Indy-esque kills or things of that nature).

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Then what are we waiting for exactly ?

Wait, ryker shouldn't be able to vote right ? Didn't he claim rb'ing would do that too him like Tcat ?

Furio Tigre

Smash Apprentice
Then what are we waiting for exactly ?

Wait, ryker shouldn't be able to vote right ? Didn't he claim rb'ing would do that too him like Tcat ?

Letting Ryker die without any kind of rebuttal on his behalf feels like poor taste, but I don't actually have too many qualms doing it since I can't see anyone else who fits the final piece of the puzzle better than him. We'll put our vote down soon assuming there is nothing new brought to the table in a timely manner.

Ryker said that he was BP, but that if someone popped his BP, he wouldn't be able to vote the following Day phase (or was it the rest of the game? Can't remember.)

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I don't even know.

I'll give this game another read for the sake of thoroughness, but I can't see a better option than Ryker.

I frankly don't even care if Furio is Alex and wins with the lighthouses lit.

My play in this later stage has been completely lackluster so losing in the end to an indy only seems fitting.

rid****ulous

Smash Journeyman
An indy is not gonna the game just because he lasted a long time. The worst thing we'd have to deal with is that they get new NAs, like a NK or something from these lighthouses. Having them win just for living, without having to outlive the town, would be stupid. That's not a thing.

We've got this game. Just kill Ryker. If the game is somehow not over, we'll think about what to do then. I'm pretty sure it won't come to that, though. We're thinking about this way too hard.

Furio Tigre

Smash Apprentice
I frankly don't even care if Furio is Alex and wins with the lighthouses lit.

We both know you'd be hella mad if it were true.

But, on a serious note, your FUD is near-legendary at this point all things considered. Look over everything we've done this game; we're Town.

Ryker presumably will be back tomorrow. If he doesn't post, I'm gonna gobble him up...like a tiger. GRWAGRGRH~!

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Dats because im full of fear, uncertainty and doubt.

Its my nature to overthink an worry about this stuff.

Furio Tigre

Smash Apprentice
Wait, hasn't Ryker been posting in Elements? Now even I don't know what we're waiting for anymore.

Vote: Ryker

Let's do this.

Who here is worthy enough to wield this hammer?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oh my.

I've already mis-lead two lynches that I should have known were wrong.

My heart cannot withstand another mis-call

Furio Tigre

Smash Apprentice
If we somehow magically lose, I'll take the blame for it. Or something. But with or without Ryker's testimony, the show must go on, and we can't ignore all the evidence that points to Ryker. Ryker's testimony acts as a safety net in the event that the game doesn't end toDay and it's something we can look at going into D7, but I don't think it'll be necessary.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

someone else can do it.

much as I'd love to hammer him and be right and admit my "you were lynched thing" wasn't as ingenious as I believed, I'm not feeling it.

Maybe later if no one's done anything about it.

Furio Tigre

Smash Apprentice
This question is somewhat related. If you don't have a case for any of those slots, and that you think Ryker really is the final scum, let's just get this goin'! Jeez.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
GG. What do you want from me after my team imploded and so did the other mafia. For the record, I actually no killed the last two nights.

Careful for Alex. Raz wouldn't make a game without an indy.

Raz is also a douchebag who favors town over scum. Scum are unable to target themselves with kills even when they have a bulletproof and town has a busdriver. Riddick could target me and someone else and have essentially docced them while potentially roleblocking me in the process. I needed to get lucky and make a lylo indy scare. Wasn't gonna happen.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
And no, Alex was posting in elements while I was on the phone, you asshole.

I really don't care though. I wasn't ever going to post in this game when I saw the direction.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
GG. What do you want from me after my team imploded and so did the other mafia. For the record, I actually no killed the last two nights.

Careful for Alex. Raz wouldn't make a game without an indy.

Raz is also a douchebag who favors town over scum. Scum are unable to target themselves with kills even when they have a bulletproof and town has a busdriver. Rid**** could target me and someone else and have essentially docced them while potentially roleblocking me in the process. I needed to get lucky and make a lylo indy scare. Wasn't gonna happen.

We knew. The game was thrown out of your hands awhile ago. You did scare us a little when Rake tried to fake hammer you, because that would have meant we would be lower on the totem pole before you were lynched. Luckily, TCat and Riddick (and less ostensibly RR) stepped up to the plate and said that you were capable enough of faking a reaction like that. We would have as well, but felt that doing so would make us suspicious.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

If I woulda followed my gut he woulda gone before kantrip an tcat.

Coulda made this 2 days shorter.

Plus even after it went down I questioned it. Shoulda known then that rykerscum was were it was at.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
My only real curiosity at this point was how Rake was FUD'ing up somewhat baselessly, yet he had this irking suspicion that we won at the end of D6. He was correct, which was incredibly amusing. Nabe and I were like "wow, does Rake know?"

Myself and Nabe were, in fact, Alex. We win as the sole victor at the end of Day 6 assuming we live that long (or if we're 1v1 vs. any other faction). We gained powers from each light house except Mars for some reason. We never used our 1-shot abduct/kill because we felt it was either counter-intuitive or unnecessary. We used our 1-shot commute just in case Ryker tried to kill RR out of desperation (since RR was the bane of Ryker's existence), or if Rake was lying about not receiving a power up, but it technically didn't matter because we have a 1-shot survival vest as well that we got on N2. N3 we got a move that has a 50% chance to roleblock, so we used it on S&C, but apparently it didn't do much for us, not that we really expected it to.

If we hadn't forced lynches on Kantrip, TCat, and then Ryker in that order, we would have lost. Kantrip may have proven himself Town by confirming ability use had someone targeted him, and TCat was beginning to show her townie colors. Everything went just as planned.

I'm going to do a big OS-like post later. LOL. Probably not because that's just annoying and I'm not that full of myself, but maybe since everything went scarily the way we wanted it to.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'm actually not kidding. I wanted to win with you guys because Town had been doing so well, but t'was not meant to be. S&C is going to be PISSED about this, LOL!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Nah, I know.

I disapprove of win long enough end game all of town like indys but w/e, gj on your part. I shouldn't have let Kantrip die before TCat, I stand by lynching TCat.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
We knew once Kantrip claimed on D4 that we had to get rid of him. We used whatever we had at our disposal to push the lynch in his direction because letting him live was too much of a risk considering he could verify his ability use the following day. The end result would be that we would have had to face the fire before him and fall short of surviving 'til the end of D6, which is essentially the premise behind my quick turn towards Kantrip on D4.

TCat lynch was a hard play, so I can't really disagree with Town's decision there.

rid****ulous

Smash Journeyman
Wait, so am I seriously being told that town loses simply because Furio lived too long? Even though we hit scum 4 out of 6 days, we still lose? That is literally the most bull**** thing I have ever heard. We found all the scum, but because of arbitrary bull****, the Indy wins simply because we hadn't gotten to him yet?! Like, we would have caught him, there's no question about it in my mind. Furio was the next ****ing person to go. But we lose because... boogaloopers?

Also, we should have ****ing killed Ryker days ago. Why'd we kill Kantrip again? Pretty pissed that my slot participated in that lynch.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You see why I don't like Indys like this or markers, town or even scum has no mechanic to actually find them.

Alas FF9 mafia memories when people hated the Siblings win.

Still this doesn't take away that they did their job to get to their wincon and we botched it a few days.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
LOL BOOGALOOPERS WTF! XDDDDD

It's not entirely arbitrary in the sense that Alex achieving the Golden Sun after all the light houses are lit is part of the story line. Additionally, if we hadn't played exactly the way we played, it was possible that scum may have killed us or Town would have lynched us; we couldn't play too townie or too scummy for obvious reasons.

We also don't know the full set up yet, but technically the game shouldn't have reached D6 in the sense that scum should have been killing everyone and everything in existence beforehand. The main reason why the game lasted so long is because Town landed some seriously good lynches for the first 3 Day phases.

Top Bottom