• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Golden Sun: The Lost Age (of) Mafia -Game Over! Indy Alex wins!

rid****ulous

Smash Journeyman
That Kantrip lynch was so ***** jank. I don't regret the mislynch on TCat, but the Kantrip mislynch should never have ****ing happened, and I'm ultra pissed that it happened, in it's entirety, while I was gone.

rid****ulous

Smash Journeyman
The town dun good this game, which is why I'm pissed that we're we're being handed a loss anyway. We didn't do anything wrong except find all the scummers in the wrong order.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
That Kantrip lynch was so ***** jank. I don't regret the mislynch on TCat, but the Kantrip mislynch should never have ****ing happened, and I'm ultra pissed that it happened, in it's entirety, while I was gone.

I can't stop laughing at this post for some reason LMFAO. I mean, at the time, Kantrip was still sus and Town was just trying to figure out who should go first between Ryker/TCat/Kantrip. Ryker saw through Rake's gimmick and outplayed him, so people were like "hmmmm maybe Ryker shouldn't go before Kantrip/TCat." I was arguing for TownCat, as well as Kantrip, and Ryker gave his OK for Kantrip to get plowed, so it kinda just became the path of least resistance. Plus, Kantrip was generally scummy throughout the game and wasn't doing much from what I can remember. I don't think it was so much a misplay as it was Town feeling comfortable and operating on the presumption that Kantrip, TCat, and Ryker dying would end the game, and Kantrip ended up becoming 1st pick.

I can sympathize with you though because Town did an amazing job lynching 3 scum in a row and also nailing the final blue scum a couple days later. I felt kinda bad stealing it right from Town's lap with our wincon. Hopefully we're both Town next game.

@RR - I think your play was fine in that you know how to keep good posture and you like doing it. Like, throughout a lot of the game, I was like "man, there's just no way we're gonna lynch RR, this could be an issue." I think you're willing to be a bit careless though so long as you're not visibly in a position of detriment, which means that you might be more concerned with staying alive than finding scum? Maybe that resonates with you, can't be sure.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
What where you worried about the most Nabe/Bardull?

Scariest moment for me was when Ryker responded to Rake's gambit well; we needed Ryker to be below us on the totem pole in order to secure the win. Can't speak for Nabe of course though.

rid****ulous

Smash Journeyman
I can't stop laughing at this post for some reason LMFAO. I mean, at the time, Kantrip was still sus and Town was just trying to figure out who should go first between Ryker/TCat/Kantrip. Ryker saw through Rake's gimmick and outplayed him, so people were like "hmmmm maybe Ryker shouldn't go before Kantrip/TCat." I was arguing for TownCat, as well as Kantrip, and Ryker gave his OK for Kantrip to get plowed, so it kinda just became the path of least resistance. Plus, Kantrip was generally scummy throughout the game and wasn't doing much from what I can remember. I don't think it was so much a misplay as it was Town feeling comfortable and operating on the presumption that Kantrip, TCat, and Ryker dying would end the game, and Kantrip ended up becoming 1st pick.
That's the thing, though. There was no question in my mind how it should have played out. It should have gone Ryker>TCat>Kantrip, because Kantrip could prove his role. By the time we had gotten to him, he would have proven his role and he wouldn't have been an option anymore, which would have left you guys. Game over town wins.

And even if it HAD played out like that, we still would have barely ****ing won after having only mislynched one person. Sounds like a janky setup to me, where the town can only afford to make one mistake.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
What where you worried about the most Nabe/Bardull?
That people would come to their senses. Luckily, heavy but baseless suspicion on us in early-game petered out into IGMEOY in late-game, and it was one dog's eye, crusted with snow and pus. So we snuck every post we made under the radar and I can now take my diaper off, unsoiled.

rid****ulous

Smash Journeyman
The only way this **** would have been fair would be if it was an open setup. We were required to hunt down one specific player within a set span of time, and we had no idea that this was the case. That's dumb.

We did not make enough mistakes to justify a loss.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
That's the beauty of our play though, because if we hadn't gotten Kantrip lynched, we would have FOR SURE gotten plowed. That's why it's sexy as hell despite the circumstances, hahaha.

I do concede that I ended up doing a ton of work for the hydra and took the wheel almost full throttle. At first me and Nabe were taking turns, but then once S&C died, I laid out the exact framework for how we could win in the most realistic fashion possible and put it into practice, and Nabe was like "I like what you're doing with our slot, to the point where I don't think I even want to interfere." The only curve ball was Rake and S&C, but we managed.

Riddick, IMO wait until full set up is shown. There were a lot of opportunities for us to be killed, alongside the possibility that scum had a strong chance of inadvertently killing each other.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Was it really awkward though, Nabe? I enjoyed being the work horse a lot since I have the tendency to tunnel a game once I'm invested into it, so I didn't think much of it.

rid****ulous

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't really matter what the rest of the setup looks like. In a worst case scenario, the town loses after making only 2 mistakes. We literally caught 4 scumbags, but we were only allowed to accidentally lynch one townie. Because we happened to lynch 2 townies, we didn't get a chance to lynch the last scumbag - even though we knew who it was, and we completely controlled the lynch - because boogaloopers.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
That's indeed GG. Comments on set-up in a bit, as well as closing flavour. Need to start up laptop.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Safety , Bard, that's the best word, is what clued me.

All throughout the earlier day, whenever Ryker came up , it was like balls to wall les' get em and that was all coopa troopa, but your kantrip thing came from so left field it reeked of self survival in the weirdest way an I was like : Furio's setting up for some ganky **** with that. No doubt. An no matter where I looked back into the thread at I got this safety feel. I grabbed it early in the game an even called you on it to test you out on it. (round the time ryker was first up to be gooble dee gooked is the time i'm referin to in the earlier part of this paragraph). An Kantrip was so obvious idiot town to me at that point I was like: Why is Furio bringing up Kantplay again ? it seemed so off to me.

It was like: he's trying not to get his feet wet here, that's prolly the best way to put it.

So i looked over your whole play an it was the kiddy steps the entire time. Even in your confrontation with S&C it had this side stepping feel to it. Like you couldn't commit to it , but the question was why. An then I figured it out, you were playing to survive to a point, and I was like : "no freaking way Furio wins on living through the days, that's bull**** " so I let that feel slide till i saw you entertaining Tcat's indy suspicion an I was like : There's no reason town bard/nabe needs to waste this time, there just clutterin the thread with more wifomy bs then I was even doing. An so i asked myself what your intention and outcome where logically an the only answer i got was : survival, an your own at that.

So i figured you for an Indy and it turns out I'm right again.

There's a bunch of other stuff, like how sudden the drop from ryker coincided with my open weakness about kantrips lynch but i can't be arsed ot type out all my thoughts game long. Or your visibility in terms of lynches, but it's all quite wifomy at best. An like how you argued against BSL-mate, but not scum. Like what gheb did, you did by accident too later on.

get at me.

I have a 6th sense on indies.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Also, no matter what goes down, promise kept @raz :).

I stepped this **** up from that soupa-bad time I had in SoupaNewbie mafia.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Finally.... I have succeeded.
At long last, Mars Lighthouse has been lit.
I can return to Prox a hero.
The Elder must know, so that the people of Prox can return to our place among the rest of civilization.
*gurk*
Wh-what...?
Saturos looks down to find a blade of ice protruding from his chest, his blood ebbing out onto the floor of the lighthouse aerie.
"Saturos..... you have served your purpose admirably. It is time for me to claim the power that is rightfully mine, and rule over the new world as a god."
Ryker, Saturos, has been lynched.
"And you.... none of you will stand in my way."
Rake, Ivan, has been end-gamed.
Rid****ulous, Bunza, has been end-gamed.
"Alex, please.... you can't do this."
"I'm sorry, Mia, but power is all that matters now. Not clan, or friendship."
"There must be something!"
"Enough, Mia. The Alex you knew is gone.
And you will join him in death."
Red Ryu, Mia has been endgamed.
Furio Tigre, Alex is victorious!
Town takes second place.
Blue mafia takes third place.
Red mafia takes fourth place.
Full thoughts and explanation of set-up/roles in a bit, followed by my comments on players.
(For the record, if Day 6 had ended in Alex's lynch, this was going to be the image for his death)

Kantrip

Kantplay
I wasn't doing anything? I was an idiot?

Excuse me, but after my abysmal play at the start I not only turned it around and started being an active townie, but I also had what needed to be the next 2 lynches perfectly lined up. I called Ryker as second blue scum, made an ENTIRE case, and had a growing suspicion of Furio that placed him as my number 1 indy pick, should the game not end with Ryker. I might have gone for tcat before Furio, but town still would have won.

Infinitely mad that town lynched me while I was at school and went on to not listen to me the next Day in a row. I mean, Ruy jailed Ryker and there was no kill, was that not enough? Because if so MY 6 PARAGRAPH CASE WAS THERE.

Oh man, salt.

gg though

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
You kind of weren't actually doing anything. Your Ryker case was the first time you made a real contribution to the game. It was good though, and I was down to go with you on that lynch, but the rest of town (my other head, included, apparently) decided that killing you was a better idea. Ya know, because Ryker said "go town".

Kantrip

Kantplay
I wasn't doing anything until I started pushing the correct direction, I'll admit that. But I did start pushing the correct direction and nothing came of it. I'm glad Ryker didn't end up winning because his scumminess was there, but I wish town had realized I was pretty obviously town (what was the case on me again?) and then we would've won instead of getting stalled out by an indy who really wasn't all that townie.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Finally.... I have succeeded.
At long last, Mars Lighthouse has been lit.
I can return to Prox a hero.
The Elder must know, so that the people of Prox can return to our place among the rest of civilization.
*gurk*
Wh-what...?
Saturos looks down to find a blade of ice protruding from his chest, his blood ebbing out onto the floor of the lighthouse aerie.
"Saturos..... you have served your purpose admirably. It is time for me to claim the power that is rightfully mine, and rule over the new world as a god."
Ryker, Saturos, has been lynched.
"And you.... none of you will stand in my way."
Rake, Ivan, has been end-gamed.
Rid****ulous, Bunza, has been end-gamed.
"Alex, please.... you can't do this."
"I'm sorry, Mia, but power is all that matters now. Not clan, or friendship."
"There must be something!"
"Enough, Mia. The Alex you knew is gone.
And you will join him in death."
Red Ryu, Mia has been endgamed.
Furio Tigre, Alex is victorious!
Town takes second place.
Blue mafia takes third place.
Red mafia takes fourth place.
Full thoughts and explanation of set-up/roles in a bit, followed by my comments on players.
(For the record, if Day 6 had ended in Alex's lynch, this was going to be the image for his death)

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I wasn't doing anything until I started pushing the correct direction, I'll admit that. But I did start pushing the correct direction and nothing came of it. I'm glad Ryker didn't end up winning because his scumminess was there, but I wish town had realized I was pretty obviously town (what was the case on me again?) and then we would've won instead of getting stalled out by an indy who really wasn't all that townie.
The case on you was that Ryker said "go town". That's the way I see it, anyway.

:salt:

if anyone wants to read the riddickulous hydra topic, here you go
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/QMD49UYztXa58

Fun fact, I didn't read our role PM until I had to claim it. Orbo read it though, so our slot was aware of what needed to be done.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Fun fact, I didn't read our role PM until I had to claim it. Orbo read it though, so our slot was aware of what needed to be done.
WHY WOULD YOU EVEN SHARE THIS.

You started trumpeting a nothing-read on us from your first post in D1, and proceeded to continue that gut for no reason all game -- until reading us mattered. get at me
This is the criticism on Rake I've seen in two games I've stalked. More or less that his playstyle resembles throwing 'wild' foses with little to no substantiation.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I lol'd.

When I cc'd BSL i had to triple check i was Ivan lol.

I was like: Wait... i think thats my role o-o

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Cuz it's funny. There's also no rule that says I have to read it.
The moderator shouldn't need to put in a rule in to tell a player to look at their own role pm. Unless, you actually believe that you play optimally for your faction by not knowing your own alignment until your slot is put on the ropes to fend for its own survival.

Top Bottom