• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Kilik 64

Smash Rookie
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the girl will be new and not a descendant. Personally, I don't think she really looks like any of the original cast.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
She just makes me think of someone: Mia. Well, or she could just be coming from Imil, period.

The blond guy, looks a LOT like Isaac, no doubt it's his son... OR descendant/whatever. And the red-head, like Garet, yeah. For a moment there, I thought they just, well, changed looks, but Garet got the most drastic change.

Oh, btw, hello. I'm joning the GSDS discussion, the announcement, just made my day. Even dristacted me enough from a exam xD

Kilik 64

Smash Rookie
I mean, Issac's descendant is glaringly obvious, but the girl just doesn't really match with Mia in my book. however, they ARE descendants and not children, so...

Superstar

Smash Champion
I just noticed the Golden Sun thread was in the "Light House" forums.

Quite fitting actually.

Oh, and if it is far descendants
I think we'll see Alex and Isaac because of the end of GS2

Kilik 64

Smash Rookie
Also, the big dude has electricity around his axe in the poster, so hopefully we'll see a Jupiter Adept that's not the same as Ivan and Sheba.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Endgame spoiler:
In the endgame, during the credits [if you don't turn off the game then], Alex climbs Mount Aleph and soaks the power of Alchemy for himself, and boasts about having limitless life and limitless power. When he tries to summon a storm though he couldn't. The Wise one then corrects that he has near limitless life and near limitless power, and that he rigged the Mars Star so Issac would absorb some of the power. Wise One then incapacitates Alex and lets him sink to the earth, saying they might meet again if he survives.

Video of said spoiler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIllYTXndRI&feature=related

Yes.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Endgame spoiler:
In the endgame, during the credits [if you don't turn off the game then], Alex climbs Mount Aleph and soaks the power of Alchemy for himself, and boasts about having limitless life and limitless power. When he tries to summon a storm though he couldn't. The Wise one then corrects that he has near limitless life and near limitless power, and that he rigged the Mars Star so Issac would absorb some of the power. Wise One then incapacitates Alex and lets him sink to the earth, saying they might meet again if he survives.

Video of said spoiler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIllYTXndRI&feature=related

Yes.
I saw that, but
why would Isaac still be alive?

Superstar

Smash Champion
Haha, you said it without spoilers. XD

Issac is less likely than Alex, particularly on the wording. The Wise One tells Alex that he put a portion of the Golden Sun's power into the Mars Star, which now rests with Isaac. But remember, the Mars Star was dropped in by FELIX into the lighthouse. This means that the power of the Golden Sun was in Issac, not the power in the Mars Star with Issac [cause it was used].

Is it enough power for long term life is another thing...

HAD TO FINISH

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Haha, you said it without spoilers. XD

Issac is less likely than Alex, particularly on the wording. The Wise One tells Alex that he put a portion of the Golden Sun's power into the Mars Star, which now rests with Isaac. But remember, the Mars Star was dropped in by FELIX into the lighthouse. This means that the power of the Golden Sun was in Issac, not the power in the Mars Star with Issac [cause it was used].

Is it enough power for long term life is another thing...

HAD TO FINISH
Oh right, spoilers. Some of that was confusing.

Do I really need spoilers to ask
why Isaac would still be alive after a couple hundred years when his ansestors become the focus of the game?
It's not exactly giving any plot points away.

Superstar

Smash Champion
True. Explaining why is though, so I guess I'll put a spoiler there.

Alex is far more likely than Issac.
3/4 of the power > 1/4.
It doesn't mean they will be in though, I'm not gonna go hard on that like some other people do. Just if it does happen I wouldn't be surprised. I'm only in the position that it's a possibility. I'm purely speculating.

It'd also make the end of GS2 much more satisfying if they went ahead and made Alex the main bad guy. :D

Sorry if the wording was bad, I went to attend a TF2 scrim. I'll make it cleaner here:
The wise one said that some of the power of the Golden Sun is in the Mars Star that rests with Issac. But Issac no longer has the Mars Star as it was dropped into the lighthouse by Felix. This leads me to believe that a portion of the actual power went into Issac, not "into the Mars Star" as the text says, because the actual Mars Star clearly no longer rests with Issac. Maybe this was a translation error, or something else, I don't know.

Is that enough for near immortality, I don't know, it was never said. That's only gotten by mass assumption on what he said about Alex.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I know why Alex and Isaac are the most likely to be immortal, but I really would prefer if Felix were the immortal one. For some reason, I always thought Felix was the best character. I can't actually quite remember who Alex was outside of the guy who stole all the lighthouse power, as I haven't played the game in ages.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Probably explains why you like GS2 a lot more :p. I had to warm up to Felix. It wasn't that hard though, just that I played both back to back so it was a bit "sudden".

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Probably explains why you like GS2 a lot more :p. I had to warm up to Felix. It wasn't that hard though, just that I played both back to back so it was a bit "sudden".
I had to wait months before Golden Sun 2 came out, so the change was both a plot twist and a pleasant surprise.
For some reason, I like Felix's personality more - it might be because it is a lot deeper than we originally thought, and less of a "I'm saving the world from an evil I don't understand because I was told to!" that Alex Isaac has going for him - Felix always knew exactly what he was doing and why it had to be done.

The spoilers are because Golden Sun 1 and 2 are in many ways the same game - if I give away the introduction to "the Lost Age," I tell everyone the awesome plot twist in the middle of the story and spoil it for anyone still in the first game.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Lol, you meant Issac XD. But I understand.

Hopefully in GSDS they do something to ease the monster encounter rate. Maybe a strong avoid? I don't know. At least avoid exists in GS2, I used it a lot [if it was in GS1 I didn't know :(].

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Never knew you were a Golden Sun fan too O D I N! It's been a while...(never beat the last boss in the 2nd game on the GBA. The Doom dragon is too hard...:()

RATED

Smash Lord
^win *high fives*

I can't wait for this game seriously, my reaction while watching E3 was a spanish word " VETE PAL CARAJO, LA HOSTIA!" and I ran to youtube to see it again.

those games are so epic.

Octave

Smash Ace
**** IGN. They don't know what they're talking about half the time.

That's not true. Still, screw them. I read player reviews that said if you loved the first games, this one only builds upon them and you'll love this one even more. I want to get it at midnight but nobody is going to be open afaik. :(

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I am. Getting my copy day 1.

Sucks how IGN gave it a 7.5 because "it was unoriginal" (it's a sequel...) and "it had too much talking in it..." (IT'S A FREAKING RPG!!!!)
/facepalm

I wanna try to find a way to get this day one. I think the wife may support me on this one... plus it's cheaper than other games I want.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Without Craig, IGN for Nintendo reviews will slowly go to hell. ); ♥

♣ We will see what other reviewers will say, or just play the games for ourselves. XD ♥

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I'm glad I'm not the only one that looked at IGN review and had a blank stare and wonder if that review was a joke. I understand if the review was good and they gave Golden Sun Dark Dawn a 7.5, but there was so many wrongs in his review, and it felt rushed out. =/

☯ BTW, replaying the Golden Sun and The Lost Age. =D

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm just wondering well first of all if it's released yet, and if it is then how good it is. Of course, I haven't played The Lost Age yet and I'm still trying to get through the last bits of the original.

That being said though, (spoilers that aren't really spoilers and are just comments)

I always thought that Isaac had a thing for Jenna, lol. Tempted to call Mia and Ivan getting together for whatever reason.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm just wondering well first of all if it's released yet, and if it is then how good it is. Of course, I haven't played The Lost Age yet and I'm still trying to get through the last bits of the original.

That being said though, (spoilers that aren't really spoilers and are just comments)
It's being released on the 29th of this month. (3 more days!)

It's gotten decent reviews, it currently has a score of 76 on Metacritic:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/ds/golden-sun-dark-dawn

If you're a fan of the previous 2 games, then you'll like this one.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Never knew you were a Golden Sun fan too O D I N! It's been a while...(never beat the last boss in the 2nd game on the GBA. The Doom dragon is too hard...:()
If you have all the Djinn, you can have people rotate calling in the wall ones, which highly reduce all damage done to a much more manageable level. His insta party KO attack is pretty gay without it.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
If you have all the Djinn, you can have people rotate calling in the wall ones, which highly reduce all damage done to a much more manageable level. His insta party KO attack is pretty gay without it.
I'm convinced a lot of fights in that game can't be beat without using Strate-jinn... Or the concept of Using Djinn to boost your stats (wall, buffs, etc) and having some unset so you can summon the bigguns right away.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I'm convinced a lot of fights in that game can't be beat without using Strate-jinn... Or the concept of Using Djinn to boost your stats (wall, buffs, etc) and having some unset so you can summon the bigguns right away.
The only fight I needed that strategy for was the final one. Of course, I do believe I missed that one optional one that resides in that one dungeon that you need Teleport to get to, the one that you need the Turtle to get to or something. I know I missed one, though.

Although, my views are kinda distorted. I got lost on Air ****ing Rock for about a week, and was SEVERELY overleveled for much of the game as a result.

Also, teleport isn't a word, apparently.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Just got Dark Dawn today, about to fully play it when I finish DKCR. I will see if the battles is as easy as some people say.

Octave

Smash Ace
The only fight I needed that strategy for was the final one. Of course, I do believe I missed that one optional one that resides in that one dungeon that you need Teleport to get to, the one that you need the Turtle to get to or something. I know I missed one, though.

Although, my views are kinda distorted. I got lost on Air ****ing Rock for about a week, and was SEVERELY overleveled for much of the game as a result.
You missed the most important training spot in the entire game - Islet Cave. You fight Wonder Birds that give 8k exp and sometimes revive each other. I've gotten 33k+ exp from one fight (oftentimes they will run away after a bit denying you of that extra exp.)

It's a good idea to use stat-upping moves in every major encounter, not just the Doom Dragon and Dullahan. I remember replaying the first game, fighting the Kraaken on the boat and it being a million times easier than when I first played it (albeit I was 10 or 11 years old and had no idea about RPGs at the time). It's also worthwhile to look into items that do things other than just give max stats. My Felix is set up to unleash Legend from Excalibur every time he attacks, most of the time getting the three-hit variant of the unleash and dealing 1k+ damage at level 53. After one impact he hits 999 attack anyway, dealing upwards of 1.5k:awesome:

And yeah, Air Rock was a ***** the first time. Hated that place.

Top Bottom