• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Go Sheik!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i'm satisfied w/ the bump :)

and i think i can start repping Sheik at tourneys more now here in TX
and amazing char saviors :0

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
:mad:
You don't need to use Zelda. If anything she is a power booster. That said she is usually not used as a character that you combo, space and all that crap with. You use her for 1 Smash attack, change back, charge needle's and then start on thier next stock.

Good luck with that fluke of yours........
.......... What you said and what I said have little to do with each other.

I say they should be counted together because no matter what having more options can only make the character better. The tier list measures character's abilities at the top of the metagame. Sheik/Zelda is better than Sheik alone (for the reason I mentioned above) so they should consider her that way to judge the top of the metagame. Counting them individually is like adding an arbitrary limit (which is okay if its a ban or something, but that's not the case) on a character's ability.

edit: I find it funny that you can only read the flow chart if you already know all the info on it, which most sheik mains probably do.
flow chart tl;dr version - ftilt leads to **** near everything. some stuff leads to other stuff. smashes are finishers.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
@saviorslegacy - Neat chart. I'd comment more on it but the arrows just look like a big blur to me, lol (it's my eyes, not your chart).

By the way, ease up on the Zelda hate...

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
@saviorslegacy - Neat chart. I'd comment more on it but the arrows just look like a big blur to me, lol (it's my eyes, not your chart).

By the way, ease up on the Zelda hate...
I don't hate Zelda one bit. I just think that if you main Sheik she is only good as a KOer.

lol @ chart comment (I have long eyelashes and they get in my eyes so I feel for ya man)

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Not to be a buzzkill, but why are we applauding Sheik for moving up one space?

It seems to me it's just that people above her lost their hype and moved down. Sheik is no better off than she was before.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Not to be a buzzkill, but why are we applauding Sheik for moving up one space?

It seems to me it's just that people above her lost their hype and moved down. Sheik is no better off than she was before.
Because staying steady is an achievement in itself. Sheik has one thing several other don't have, which is space to expand. Some characters have their metagame pretty much set in stone, because they are so one dimensional. Unless there is some completely unexpected breakthrough, they aren't going to rise any more. It just depends how effective that simple metagame is.

Sheik is quick and agile with moves that set up for other moves very nicely. saviorslegacy spend the time showing all the combos and chains he could find for Sheik, and that alone has more true combos than a fair few characters have in total. The saltus combo is hard and only works properly on a few characters, but perfecting them could make those match ups easier. This grab release thing on Wario is very situational, but it does show that new things are being found. If it was on MK or Snake, people would be all over it, like when the Saltus combo was first shown.

I don't think see is every going to be a top contender, but she certainly has more to be discovered.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
scarylb is a beastly sheik playa
secondeded.
and that's reason enough

thirded

but seriously, who is this guy? I've seldom seen him around the sheik boards
IDK... nvr seen him. I just like him cuz he has Gambit in his sig and avy.
IDK... he has been here off and on since I have been coming here. I think he is pretty much a Zelda main who alts Zelda.
LOL, why do you hype me so.........D*** you Yummy! :chuckle: I've been trying to place with Sheik/Zelda only but FL is a minefield of top tier! It's so harsh lol. <3 can agree to this.

As far as not posting much, yea, I really don't, but I go to tournaments a lot, just not for a while cause I need a break lol. All my 2009 results are in the Zelda community thread but I really wanna win one sooner or later to help out Sheik and Zelda.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Savior seems a lot better the last time I've played him o-o;

Top Bottom