• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Go Sheik!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
SHE MOVED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wait... she didn't move up much..... T-T
WHY!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!!??!?!?!?

Well... I'm kind of bummed out. I was hoping for her to move up +3. <,<
Owell
.. at least she moved up.
I know there is a thread on this that Ankoku made (BTW congrats on being the one who posted it), however, there is so many people posting in there I doubt that I will see another Sheik users opinion.
So post your opinion on Sheiks tier placement.

I personally don't see why she didn't go up more.

ps My two alts also went up! WOOT!

pss Koky if you don't close this thread I will give you a...... a..... IDK I will think of something. Maybe an Anime game........ <,<

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I guess since this is the first thread about Sheik's tier placement you get to keep it : P

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
(put her in D tier ;D)

I gave myself false hope about her placement. I figured she'd rise above those directly above her, but she also got passed by a few others. I think she should've been just a tad higher, but I guess her current spot is fine.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Poor Sheik, being considered worse than Sonic. Unfortunately, she deserves it.
Other than that I'm fine with it. You know how talking about how good something is isn't really important and you really have to prove your worth in tournament? Yeah... that hasn't exactly happened since January.

As for anime, I'm not really into it. I pretty much watch one series every two months, lol.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Makes complete sense to me, and I hope I can play with Sheik at least once before I go back to school, considering how I don't live close to any decent tournament scenes no matter where I am.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Too many exclamation points... :ohwell:

I'm not really surprised that Sheik moved up a spot. If she had moved up or down drastically, then yes. But anyway, er... yay.

I'm still disappointed that Zelda has moved so far down.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
C tier is just a stepping stone in the long road to high tier. I'm glad she's finally in C tier now or mid tier but we really need to start showing what she can really do in a tournament setting if we want to get beyond this. Sonic a characters I consider worst then Sheik among with a lot of other above her are placing in tournaments so until we have some constant placing we wont have much room to talk.

With that said Sonic will act like a wall in front of sheik but he wont advance any father then that just like how Ike was in the first tier list.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I wasn't too surprised that Sheik moved up only one on the tier list. It's like what Ankoku said, there are few (compared to other characters) Sheik players to begin with, and even fewer enter tournaments. The ones that enter tournaments have to place high in order to prove that Sheik is better than where Sheik currently is at, and that hasn't really been happening a lot.

We need to step our game up.

Panix

Smash Ace
I honestly wish she was one spot lower.
I love shiek and would love to play her in low tier tourneys, just not enough love to play competitive with.

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
I'm happy with her improvement. I always thought she was better then Zelda personally lol. Anywho yeah I personally think Sheik can go up. But ofcourse there is competion (as always) with everyone else around us on the tier list.

saviorslegacy

Too many exclamation points... :ohwell:
*excitement...... wait... why am I excited... it's only one spot higher -_-
C tier is just a stepping stone in the long road to high tier. I'm glad she's finally in C tier now or mid tier but we really need to start showing what she can really do in a tournament setting if we want to get beyond this. Sonic a characters I consider worst then Sheik among with a lot of other above her are placing in tournaments so until we have some constant placing we wont have much room to talk.

With that said Sonic will act like a wall in front of sheik but he wont advance any father then that just like how Ike was in the first tier list.
Well looks like we are in for a long walk.....
Last year my opinion on SSBB was this:
jabs and all tilts are gay cuz they do little damage
ledge hogging was for cheapies
what is a tech? what is a wave dash?
a combo? you mean like Fox's FSmash into FSmash?
projectiles are awsome.. so use them a lot
Pit is the best character next to MK
roll dodge for movement since you can't get punished for it
Sheik is gay cuz she has really bad smash attacks
MK's recovers sucks
and on and on and on.. GOD! I was a big n00b. I went form that to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ0eaXOjm5g

In one years time I went from being almost as n00by as possible to where I am at now. I want to see myself in one year from now.
I honestly wish she was one spot lower.
I love shiek and would love to play her in low tier tourneys, just not enough love to play competitive with.
T-T NOT LOWER!!!! higher higher!
Wait what.. never heard of a low tier tourney. If I ever go to one I am being Ganon.
:/ Sonic... really?
Yeah.. still haven't figured that one ou-...... just did.
*fan boys*

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Poor Sheik, being considered worse than Sonic. Unfortunately, she deserves it.
Other than that I'm fine with it. You know how talking about how good something is isn't really important and you really have to prove your worth in tournament? Yeah... that hasn't exactly happened since January.
Quoted for truth.

Moving up one spot in anything under A doesn't really seem like a lot. She may as well not even have moved at all...

Had we been represented more I feel we would at least be where Peach and Luigi are. Being considered potentially worse than Wolf, Sonic, and Fox just doesn't sit with me right. We should all try to go to at lest 3 tournaments before the next tier list comes out. That's at least one every two months. That gives people ample time to find one, find a ride, etc.

If there are none around where you live, make one. I don't see a problem with trying to host a tournament at least once every three months. If you can't find a place to host it, ask around if people around you know where you might be able to host. Opportunities are everywhere.

I'm going to try and make it to two tournaments in July [One of them being H.E.R.B], right now I'm looking for rides. I can't do it alone though. Just one person doesn't make a large difference.

Step. It. Up. Sheiks.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Quoted for truth.

Moving up one spot in anything under A doesn't really seem like a lot. She may as well not even have moved at all...

Had we been represented more I feel we would at least be where Peach and Luigi are. Being considered potentially worse than Wolf, Sonic, and Fox just doesn't sit with me right. We should all try to go to at lest 3 tournaments before the next tier list comes out. That's at least one every two months. That gives people ample time to find one, find a ride, etc.

If there are none around where you live, make one. I don't see a problem with trying to host a tournament at least once every three months. If you can't find a place to host it, ask around if people around you know where you might be able to host. Opportunities are everywhere.

I'm going to try and make it to two tournaments in July [One of them being H.E.R.B], right now I'm looking for rides. I can't do it alone though. Just one person doesn't make a large difference.

Step. It. Up. Sheiks.
We don't even have a tournament results thread do we? So even if Sheiks were placing, nobody would know lol.

saviorslegacy

Quoted for truth.

Step. It. Up. Sheiks.
*feels the same way

I was going to host a tourney at one point in time. I decided it was unwise for a 16 year old (17 in 15 days) to host his first tourney. I wouldn't know what to do.

WOOT! GL East!

Will do will do... you can only get so good so fast. I still need more experience.
I plan on attending a few tournies next summer after graduation. Well... I will being going part time to college next semester so I might be able to go this next school year. (and the fact that I am home schooled gives me a schedule of rubber.)

:EDIT:
As for anime, I'm not really into it. I pretty much watch one series every two months, lol.
Wait.... that is more often than me (more like every 4 months).
Hopefully you will watch it cuz I watched 24 episodes in... 24 hours. <,<
Chrono Crusade is probally my favorite anime now.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Nah we would know if sheik's were stepping it up. Everytime a sheik does well we talk about it..... notice how we almost never talk about that.

Why is sheik still being counted as sheik alone on the tier list. I would think putting sheik/zelda would make more sense. or is the BR considering how few people actually play both in tournament.

About the tier placement: I knew she would go up. I thought she would go up more, but Ankoku makes a good point. We just don't prove it. Its all just untapped potential right now and plenty of boards can say "my character's high tier.... potentially."

gm jack

Smash Lord
I should be travelling a fair way for my first tourney after my exams are over. I suck, but I figure if I can fluke my way into the final 8 by facing a lot of Ganons (>_> <_<) it will help the S/Z rankings a bit.

saviorslegacy

Why is sheik still being counted as sheik alone on the tier list. I would think putting sheik/zelda would make more sense. or is the BR considering how few people actually play both in tournament.
:mad:
You don't need to use Zelda. If anything she is a power booster. That said she is usually not used as a character that you combo, space and all that crap with. You use her for 1 Smash attack, change back, charge needle's and then start on thier next stock.
I should be travelling a fair way for my first tourney after my exams are over. I suck, but I figure if I can fluke my way into the final 8 by facing a lot of Ganons (>_> <_<) it will help the S/Z rankings a bit.
Good luck with that fluke of yours........

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I think a recent tournament results thread is needed for Sheik. Kinda like the Zeldas with their community center. I think that's a very organized way of doing it. Poor Zelda for falling so hard.

As far as the placement, lower than Fox, Sonic, and Wolf is very tough to bear since they are all pretty simple to beat as Sheik; it's representation that's holding Sheik back. I think more and more people will come play Sheik (for some reason or another lol).

East

Crappy Imitation
I hope we can show with all our hard work and tournament placings that next year she will be A tier.
Good lord.... A Tier? I don't think we'll see that rapid a change. The largest jump that has ever been seen on the tier list is 8 spots. That: The less likely but more realistic option would put us right where Toon Link is. Hell I'm just shooting for either the top of C or Into B.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I don't care where sheik goes on the tier list to be honest....

I'm just upset people think sonic is better than her.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'm going to try and make it to two tournaments in July [One of them being H.E.R.B]
Say hi to Phil for me.

Anyways... no one expect any tourny placings from my Sheik any time soon. I don't main her, and I have another alt that I've been liking more than Sheik, so I'll probably only be using her for fighting Wolf, Ganon (Yeah I know IC has a better matchup against him... lol), Falcon, etc. Unless Light starts using Sheik more, she doesn't really have much going for her in Texas.

I personally think the Sheik mains should step it up ;)

saviorslegacy

and that's reason enough

thirded

but seriously, who is this guy? I've seldom seen him around the sheik boards
IDK... he has been here off and on since I have been coming here. I think he is pretty much a Zelda main who alts Zelda.

ps spoiling is cheap.......

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Sheik will get there. A good Sheik is reaaaallly tough to beat, and there are quite a few heavies and fastfallers in the higher tiers. She's got loads of gimp and "combo" (there I put quotation marks on it so you can't flame me) potential, and I think the metagame will look kindly on that as we progress.

saviorslegacy

Sheik will get there. A good Sheik is reaaaallly tough to beat, and there are quite a few heavies and fastfallers in the higher tiers. She's got loads of gimp and "combo" (there I put quotation marks on it so you can't flame me) potential, and I think the metagame will look kindly on that as we progress.
lol.... you will get no flame for using the word "combo" in this board.
This is a chart I made.... just look at how many combo's she really has.

Meh... gimping with her is okay. I used to think she was a godly gimper. The fact is... she falls to fast.
The best thing to do is hang back by the ledge. When doing this you have the following options:

Needle's (whether they are in the air or on the ground)

Chain (rather interesting to get a chain on someone when they try to recover from below the stage)

Vanish Glide (good knockback and usually a kill)

run off Nair (usually s death)

run off Fair (you can get a total of 3 Fairs and usually gimp them)

back flip Bair (pretty good if it is fresh... if it isn't fresh then use it like the Fair)

DSmash (I have started doing this more... good ledge guard)

Gimping (even though I listed edge guarding) with her is effective... you just gotta do it right! ;)

Browny

Smash Hater
ugh...

how about a list like
ftilt -> XXX
XXX
XXX

jab -> YYY etc.

That picture is insanely difficult to follow.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
ooooh, ok.
so that flow chart was meant to be serious.
unlike the infamous ken flowchart.

i was looking at it for about 5 minutes, trying to see what was funny about it. And then I actually read the posts.

It's good to read.

East

Crappy Imitation
ooooh, ok.
Mark... you can't comprehend the amount of seriousness in that chart, lol. It's exactly like the Ken Flowchart....It's just missing a certain wake up move with beginning frames of invincibility <<

Was it really necessary to post up that ridiculously sized thing that stretches the forum, when you could have just listed the options... like you did anyway.

saviorslegacy

ugh...

how about a list like
ftilt -> XXX
XXX
XXX

jab -> YYY etc.

That picture is insanely difficult to follow.
*wont work
That idea wont show percents.
ooooh, ok.

i was looking at it for about 5 minutes, trying to see what was funny about it. And then I actually read the posts.

It's good to read.
Sounds interesting... I'll look it up in a bit.

Why do people think that chart is so hard to read?
Mark... you can't comprehend the amount of seriousness in that chart, lol. It's exactly like the Ken Flowchart....It's just missing a certain wake up move with beginning frames of invincibility <<

Was it really necessary to post up that ridiculously sized thing that stretches the forum, when you could have just listed the options... like you did anyway.
Limo= a stretch... and a limo is fancy
So I just jazzed up the page.

Top Bottom