• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GMC Presents : TNJ! Febuary 10th/11th. Yeovil, Somerset. PROPER UPDATE FIRST PAGE!!1

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Fuzz - Hey good Yoshi dittos bro, we got a few more than last time but i STILL didnt get enough man! Your Yoshi is getting VERY good, but im really looking to take out that freaking Fox of yours! Make sure you bring him out next time bro! After i take him out, im coming for the top spot...... THAT FRIGGING FLOATING PINK JIGGLYMUFF!! :laugh: Its ON!! :mad: Nice Luigi aswell but there was no way i was gonna let u come even close to four stocking me in that crew battle lol!:p Make sure u train him up tho coz i defo wana play him some more!
Anyways see u at london smash or at Spam's some weekend!
Yeah about that... I dont think imma try 2nd main fox anymore, but i'll take zeppo's advice and train up my luigi..The UK better prepare for luigi hawt seckz.

GG's again everyone

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Phew, got home yesterday but still tired as. 13 hours driving in 2 days with under 6 hours sleep, I'm digging my own grave heheh.

Props to Caleb and mates for the tournament, venue, and setups. Nice smashing but sorry I couldn't get to play everyone. Had a fair number of good games with various guys, some whom have the talent and potential but just need to persist, focus, and then attend those bigger outside tournaments, and I reckon Britain will finally be a threat to the Netherlands, France, Italy, and Sweden.

Will do my final UK shoutouts in the brit thread later on.

Sabo

Smash Cadet
GGs guys..

Joe: Had lots of fun playing you. <3
JAM5: Ouch.
Ouch: It was good to play you again, keep practicing that Captain :)

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Yeah about that... I dont think imma try 2nd main fox anymore, but i'll take zeppo's advice and train up my luigi..The UK better prepare for luigi hawt seckz.
Oh ok! That should be intersting. I love it when ppl decide to take the underdog characters of the Smash World and turn them into vicious creatures. Its so much more intresting than seeing 100s of space pets and marths and sheiks. Good luck wiv that dude! If you can get to KA-Masters level wiv Luigi then i shall be avoiding you at allllll costs lol!:laugh:

Now all we need is someone to start maining Pichu, Mr. Game and Watch, and Bowser. :laugh:

Middle tier/Low tier/bottom tier FTW!!!!!!! :chuckle:

:yoshi:

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
im a G&W too <3, anyway good luck with your yoshi too..i think imma make a low tier sig for us workers =)
Lol you got the "workers" part soooo right! These low tiers take so much frigging work man. But yea that low tier sig is definitly needed.:laugh:

Syntax Error

Smash Cadet
im a G&W too <3, anyway good luck with your yoshi too..i think imma make a low tier sig for us workers =)
*raises hand for the low tier club*

Even though I'm just not able to use her against the faster characters (not very well anyway, ask twiggie), I still wubs my Zelda ;)

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
*raises hand for the low tier club*

Even though I'm just not able to use her against the faster characters (not very well anyway, ask twiggie), I still wubs my Zelda ;)
Oh yea your Zelda was pretty cool man! Keep training her up and you'l defo be able to stand up against the faster characters. Just dont get disheartened by all that work its gonna take. Then ul be one of the only ppl who actually use Zelda AND Sheik, and imo thas how it is meant to be!:chuckle:

Syntax Error

Smash Cadet
Oh I definately won't drop her...but actually getting practise against faster characters is hard. The only person I got to practise with on a regular basis is Bloodbowler...guess I need to try and see if the STFU guys will let me drag my *** to Bolton for practise...they got foxy foxes there :laugh:

I think it was 'meant' to be zelda for KO and shiek to rack up damage, but it just don't work that way really :) Better to use them both for mindgames and generic ownage :)

COEY

Smash Lord
Oh I definately won't drop her...but actually getting practise against faster characters is hard. The only person I got to practise with on a regular basis is Bloodbowler...guess I need to try and see if the STFU guys will let me drag my *** to Bolton for practise...they got foxy foxes there :laugh:
We do loves our fast fallers :)

Owna your yoshi is amazing and i can completely understand that low tier needs alot of work, but never the less fast fallers need the same amount of work put in as without it you die....easily. IMO no char needs less work than another (well maybe shiek :p) tier lists are mostly based on the number of players who use the char and this is due to the match ups and strengths these charactors have against all others. I know you never meant to imply tht high tier players work less :) But yea stick with your yoshi though i don't think it would be too bad an idea to take up a higher tier character also (try shiek =D).

Mr P

Smash Ace
*cough*Marththewalkingtipper*cough*
In Actuality Marth is one of the most difficult character to learn at a high level his spacing is very imortant and its not something easy to do, his combos and chain throws are very complex so no Marth johns son, just coz you get tipered by scrubby marths.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
ROFL

shoutouts to come very soon

Oh and one more thing.I dont think the tiers are necessarily based off how much a certain character is played,it is also based upon priority,combos,speed blah blah.Sheik is about 20 times easier to combo with than Yoshi.I dont think theres any denying that certain characters are much better than others and they have alot more abusable options,but that isnt to say low tiers dont have a chance,but they are harder to win with.That said,every character is hard to train up,to get your space animals really technical is obviously time consuming.But to find strategies as to how to win with low tiers,is certainly harder.

Syntax Error

Smash Cadet
In Actuality Marth is one of the most difficult character to learn at a high level his spacing is very imortant and its not something easy to do, his combos and chain throws are very complex so no Marth johns son, just coz you get tipered by scrubby marths.
I was making johns? And here I thought I was trying to be sarcastic/funny :(

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
But to find strategies as to how to win with low tiers,is certainly harder.

Very very tru!

low tier needs alot of work, but never the less fast fallers need the same amount of work put in as without it you die....easily. IMO no char needs less work than another.
I personally think technical skill is very hard to train up and all charcters in the game require a LOT of hard work if they want to be very good. (Especially aimed at fox) but lets take someone who puts a incredible amount of work into a Falco, and some one who puts the same incredible amount of work into pichu. More often than not the pichu will get beaten id bet. So that pichu may have perfected his tech skill but still requires a huge amount of work on a strategy to beat the Falco. No one can argue that falco wouldnt have an easier time at beating a pichu than the other way around.

Now like you sed Coey, i totally agree that higher tiers require loads of work but i cant agree that its the same as the lower tier because, just as zeppo mentioned, in terms of strategy i think its much harder for a lower character than a high one to win. Thats why a lot of people give up on lower tiered charcters, because if you constantly hit a brick wall with ur character, it makes things kinda boring, and you'l tend to move on to a ''better'' one. I use to lose soooooooo much with my Yoshi that i wanted to chuck my Gamecube out of the window (im actually serious). To be honest there was a point i gave up and started using shiek (a million years ago) and i neva had that problem again. But then i felt like a loser giving up on Yoshi so i went bk and lost another billion times b4 i started winning anything.

Every character in the game require loads of work but just some more than others and those tend to be the middle to bottom tiers. Im sure some ppl will disagree but thats just my opinion anyways! :laugh:

Owna your yoshi is amazing
Heehee thanks dude :)

Chris Jericho

Smash Cadet
いただきます itadakimasu

I'm gonna go with Mr P, Zeppo, and COEY.

And yes, Marth isn't as easy to use as non-marths think. everyone sees a sweetspot fsmash and they assume he's a "cheap" character (maybe "cheap" is a bit of a strong word.) his spacing is very important, effective combos are difficult as it takes a lot of on the spot improvisation. if you don't use him, it is difficult to appreciate this.

the same with falcon. his smashes arent the fastest, and his recovery isn't so great. using him well does take a huge amount of practice.

same goes for team starfox. they are fastfallers!!! building game plans to avoid being edge defended for example requires alot of practice.

i think there should be no "discrimination" to higher tier character users. they have worked really hard also. :D

ごちそうさま。gochisousama

Darv

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts

GMC: Firstly big thanks for everthing, the tourney went really well despite changing my pool a few times XD
Caleb: The friendlys were good fun Y Link diddnt get beat =O i had to face you again in tourney =(.
Jake: I was suprised Ganon worked so well vs your Samus but that Fox of yours is beastly keep up the good work. The tourney games OMG sooo close super upb grab range ftw XD
Twiggy: I liked the Fox its deffo made to kill Marths what with all the upairs =) gg's in tourney i needa start practicing vs Space Animals again.
Monty: 7.00am was dire, your Grandma looked really Evil XD rofl thanks for the housing anywayz =)
L4dy: Nice Doc we had a few friendlys, Doc dittos next time.
Ting: Dont stop playing smash =(

Zeppo: Absolute legend, amazing guy it was great seeing you and playing you again, love your Marth and Shiek and of course Falcon always =) Gratz on teams and 3rd place, awesome games with Jam. <3 (The support during my games with Jake helped thanks :) )

Doug: Amazing. Thanks for teaming with me, sorry it diddnt work out =( Awesome in singles as always despite losing a set =O GJ coming back knew you would =) Thanks for the support during my games and hope all goes well in America ! <3

Stevie: Friday night was amazing you delayed our sleep by like 4 hours with complete nonsense yesss :) nah it was cool you were so funny. I liked how all our Marth dittos were in tourney and crews XD next time friendlys ! oh and the team games were great fun i enjoyed them.

Jam: NOOOO i diddnt play you :urg: but then again your Falco was on fire all day. Your set with Doug was sooo tense but you pulled out the win GJ Jam :)
Like with Stevie the team games were great fun, the first was crazy :chuckle: Well done on 2nd.

Dan (DSD9): Haha you deffo get a shoutout, (nice sig btw ^^), you really suprised me, your shiek plays really smart. GJ Ed on an extremley well balanced crew. Nice play in crews by you =)

R&F: Spam wow 5th GJ ! fellow Marth user <3. Owna your games in crews were good to watch, keep on with that Yoshi of yours ^^. Ouch yesss Match of the Day= J03 vs Ouch in crews ROFL loved it. I have to say thanks for making our Saturday night a lot of fun with that 1 combo XD Yawn you was probably really nervous but your Samus was driving me insane during crews lol downsmash is a legend move remember that.

Joe, Coey and Dave. Thanks for coming down guys, Cene Ganon dittos next time yess. Joe you legend :laugh: and Coey we ALMOST got to play lol, thanks for all the recording <3

Kman and Red: Kev pools changed i got first stock = i win rofl. Jamie stay Samus next time, keep the faith because your Samus is good.

Charlie: GJ in teams, stop the Johns though. And dont ask me about who you should main and shiz. :)

Bronze: Good seeing you again, you had a tough pool =(. Cya at London smashfest soon maybe.

EDIT: For Martin rofl: legend.

I had an awesome time guys, 4th place = happy Alex. Im gonna start practicing now XD

(Sorry if i missed anyone =X)

Spam-a-Lamb

Smash Journeyman
London, UK! its overrated, the weather is stupid,
GMC: u fellas kick posterior. wicked venue. i liked the way those 5 tvs were set up in a row. really coo. thanks for the fun guys. and thanks for the marth grab tips caleb. tbh, u prolly woulda mullered me in bracks if it werent for SDs :S

jam5: u frighten me. u really do. keep intimidating people with ure strategies :D mad skills u have. compliment compliment compliment blah di blah di blah (ure prolly bored of ppl telling u how good u are. heres instructions detailing what should be done to the next person who compliments u:

1. cut them off mid compliment with the rocks palm
2. present them with a B**** slap
3. calmly say: "I know..."
4. walk off into a sunset

doug: u will be missed in england. thanks for the games. ive learnt quite a bit from playing you. i promise, come FC10 (lol), i will have improved and ill take a game off u :p

bigman: u are the mother****** man. ure games with Owna were by far the most fun to watch. we'll get the marth mirror match at edster hopefully

zeppo: again, thanks for the games and the tips. zeppo falcon is seriously good....infact, u know what, see jam5's shout out instructions. they apply to you too :p

alex FSQ: as always, ure matches are too fun to watch. i actually thought ure marth style changed a little. i cant explain it but it seems much smarter. TOO SICK as always. and yeh im well happy about 5th. im either getting better or luckier :p

Martin: u beat Jam. hahaha well done fella.

kman: friendlies were fun. losing over and over.....and over was suprisingly fun. see yu at a fest.

ummm

STFU: always good to see u guys. joe, definitely pick fox. it practically beat me. i just got really lucky. Will, thanks for Bach-ing the event. and falco is coming along really nicely. good tech skills and agressive style.

Charles: "how did spam place higher than me??"
lol......luck my boy....luck.

bronze: ure sheik was my favourite i think. really really fluid style, and some really sick comboes. see u in london guy.

Red: ure "special" wave dash is really cool. i love how it did throw me off. keep it up dood.

this werent meant to be this long. sorry to anyone not mentioned. my shout outs arent worth a **** anyway.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
This tournament was awesome.Good job GMC.
Most of all I liked the fact that Teams was included and it ran real smooth and in time.Teams is amazing.
Shoutouts(in order of appearance):
Joe/Crabby:Definitely a legend,was good times having you in the car journey,made things alot more fun.You're a good guy to have around,and the J03 combo is way too good.
Doug:Once again thanks for everything,the car rides,the housing and the 9 hours worth of smash.Congratulations on being extra clutch for that 1st place finish.Enjoy America and good luck in all the tournaments!
Will/COEY:Good times.Nice one bringing the recording equipment and all,was very good skills.Unlucky in pools as well,hopefully you've gained the experience that you wanted,but now you should try and apply it to the game and get where you want to be.
Dave:Sorry I didnt give you the MM.Next time just ask and I'll be happy to.Your patter is amazing by the way.
Alex:You know how it is,good job on 4th and nice to see a new confidence in marth.You had definitely gotten smarter since I last played you.Keep being really aggressive vs Falcon,it works.This weekend was good days with D I must say,tourney wouldnt have been nearly as fun without you.
Paul/Mont:cheers for the housing and nice job in crews haha.You're a ****ing cheat with the J03 combo though,I was devastated.
Charles:Nice one in teams and some fun friendlies afterwards.Your Jiggs has some really nice tech-chases and edgeguards,was good times.Good luck with the Luigi,Sheik Jiggs isnt as bad as you might think,but if you are uncomfortable with it,then good times with luigi.
Dan/UMPA:Thanks for walking us to the venue and partially back,appreciated.
Stevie:Legend,definitely.Shame we only got about 2 matches,I wanted to play more.Your Marth definitely has mindgames though,I was finding it really tough to approach and you were tech chasing the **** out of me.My only advice would be to learn some more combos,to make certain matchups easier.Also your patter is definitely top notch.
Caleb:Good sheezy with the tournament.I'm certainly prepared to go to the next one.If I had stayed on the Sunday,I would have gotten some games in with you.
Jake:Nice fox,was impressed with the speed.I also would have played you on the Sunday,but yeah bad days.And dont take any of the encouragement I gave to others personally,I encouraged Charles because I thought he could do better,and same goes for Alex.You didnt see me telling any of the people encouraging Jam to shut up.Its just part of the game.
Jam:****,our set is easily the best I've ever had.Dont worry about picking FD twice haha,I picked DL64 twice too without realising.In all fairness it was pretty ****ed up in that case that you didnt get to pick FD again last match,had that match(on PS) went my way it would have been really gay.Good job on taking that set off Doug,and hopefully next time I see you we get another awesome set in:) .
Dan/DSD9:Nice sheik and still a beast in crews haha.Next time I see you I'll be sure to give you some games!
OwnA:Haha those Yoshi dittoes were amazing!My advice to your Yoshi would be not to stay grounded so much,alot of the time you waited for me to approach and spot dodged and it was quite easy to predict.I think if you approach more with dash>crouch>dtilt,fair,DJC'd stuff etc.,and vary up your defence abit more,your Yoshi will beast even more:chuckle: .Also Yoshi is a real ***** when it comes to L-cancelling,it can be really hard sometimes.In your set vs Jake,I noticed you missed a couple L-cancels and they got punished.Perhaps if you get more consistent with it,it'll help your overall game.
Spam:Wow,you really scared me in that 2nd match!Your style is really effective,I like it.Had you played like you did in that last stock 2nd match the whole way things could have been different.Im not sure what it is that makes you play so well sometimes and not so well others,but I have had the same problem,and it was always a lack of confidence,it made me really inconsistent.I think the more you focus on the match at hand and the opponent,and have faith in how you are doing,rather than focusing on how bad you're doing,things will get better.Also having abit more confidence in your tech chases is important,there is nothing wrong with guessing them,as long as you take note of the way the opponent teched that time ,in which case you can maybe predict that they'll tech in the opposite direction,or the same way again or something,the next time.But dont doubt!
Ouch:Nice match in crews,and god dayum son,that J03 combo really is too good.Cant say much else really,didnt get to play you other than that match in crews.
Yawn:I've never seen someone counterpick a Sheik with Yoshi before,I wasnt sure what to do haha.With Samus I would reccomend CCing alot more,it cancels out so many options for the opponent.Also if you react with CC Dsmash it ***** basically.
Kman:Nice peach man,you forced me to adapt 2nd match.You're pretty aggressive and I found that tough,had you edgeguarded me better with more bair it would have been tougher!Keep it up.
Martin:You had gotten alot better since the last time I saw you,and gave me some trouble with your tech chases.Good job,keep improving.
Red:Nice games,was good fun.You know the rest;)
Bronze:Respec',didnt get to play you 1v1 but hope you enjoyed the J03 combo.

Oh yeah,and mad thanks to P for making sure I manned up via phone.

Think thats everyone.If anyone wants any advice or anything just PM me and I'll be happy to help,or add me on naedanger@hotmail.co.uk.

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
Thank you GMC and Caleb for organizing this (without any explosions)

Doug- Being pooled with you wasn't so bad, last chance to play you after all! Your suicide gave me hope down to the last stock :laugh: Good luck in America!

Sabo - Very quick shine combos! Just more consistent l-cancel so you don't get grabbed.

Bigman - Really good to meet you and our games were close. Shame I saved beating you for after pools :dizzy: I'll remember your rolling advice and look forward to playing again. SDB drive by!

Owna - *near 0-death combo's Yoshi* ..... *Yoshi d-tilts to instant edgehog* :urg: Great job in crews and just Ownaing with Yoshi in general.

Martin - Close match in crews and wow at beating Jam! Nice traveling with you.

Crabby - Teams are always fun. That combo is what legends are made of!

DSD - Pretty funny both Dan, on team, playing Shiek, and forgetting to transform at exactly the same time...

Kman - We got to play a few games at least. Jigg's/Peach was near time limit! Nice seeing you again.

Jam - We meet at last. Keir is too good. So is your Falco which ***** me, well done beating Doug too. Team South/ Team Jam ftw

Twiggy - My first games on arriving, good fun. Upthrow to rest x3 :lick: Great result in singles and was cool to be back in Yeovil again.

Zeppo - I enjoyed the JO3 Combo night a lot xD And Charles' training mode demonstration afterwards >_> Look forward to a 1v1 sometime.

Darvor - Didn't get to play, but your Marth was as impressive as ever. Good placing and we had an interesting night at Paul's...

Shoutouts to people like Spam on his placing, Charles on teams, Red for the friendlies and getting Kman there, Coey for all the recordings, Monty for housing and everyone else that went! Good times.

Kone

Smash Master
Could Someone Post The Full Results Please. Thats Everyone That Made The Bracket

Ie 1st -> 13th

Thankyou

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Does everybody agree on these results:

1 Doug
2 Jam
3 Zeppo
4 Darvor
5 Ogre
5 Spam
7 Twiggy
7 Fuzzyness
9 Ouch
9 Lord Rust
9 Bigman
9 MonT
13 Kman
13 DSD9
13 L4DY
13 OwnA

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
I play Pikachu (Probably my new main), Yoshi and Bowser. And Ness.
Serious!? I was actually gonna ask if anyone mained that lil yellow rat b&stard in da UK, was thinking of dabbling in him a bit myself! Make sure u bring him to the next tourney dude i wanna play him!:laugh:

OwnA:Haha those Yoshi dittoes were amazing!My advice to your Yoshi would be not to stay grounded so much,alot of the time you waited for me to approach and spot dodged and it was quite easy to predict.I think if you approach more with dash>crouch>dtilt,fair,DJC'd stuff etc.,and vary up your defence abit more,your Yoshi will beast even more:chuckle: .Also Yoshi is a real ***** when it comes to L-cancelling,it can be really hard sometimes.In your set vs Jake,I noticed you missed a couple L-cancels and they got punished.Perhaps if you get more consistent with it,it'll help your overall game.
Thanks 4 da advice bro! i shall defo take note! Anything that can make Yoshi more of a beast is fine by me!:laugh:

But yea i dunno what the heck was up wiv my L-Cancelling coz it just wasnt happening. Im defo gna be training that up coz that costed me a lot of games! :(

Ps Kone where have you posted the amount of points ppl have in the Smash Circuit? I've seen it somewhere b4 but i 4gt where.

Edit: No worries bro, ive just found it!

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
Right - I've been meaning to do this for far too long xD

As far as shoutouts go, first and foremost I'd like to thank everybody as a whole for actualy bloody turning up ^^

Secondly, Members of my crew - Specificaly Paul, for letting everybody squat in his house yet again, and Joey for bringing a million extension cables.

Doug - cheers man for driving all the way and bringing people, wish I'd had more of a chance to actualy play you, as it doesnt look like I'm going to get a chance for a while D: Good luck in america!

Alex. Good ****ing games the day before, and a general thanks for coming ^^ You have to come down again some time. Now you know where we are you have no excuse :p

Annnd ****it I have to go to work. Will be back later!

Big House #1

Smash Apprentice
*sigh* It's a shame I missed it. :( (It's also a shame that no-one really turned up for MTU pre-release!!! Oh well, it was a easy first day of judging :D ) I'll just have to wait for the next one. And hopefully by then my Smash skills (yes I have some) will be back to scratch (playing a Wii really does ruin how you play on other consoles)

Top Bottom