• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GMC Presents : TNJ! Febuary 10th/11th. Yeovil, Somerset. PROPER UPDATE FIRST PAGE!!1

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
EDIT: TIMES:
SINGLES: 3PM Sautrday.
DOUBLES: I'm dubious over when to run this - either before singles as a warmup, or just let people play friendlys and whatnot till singles - As I'm still not entirley sure when everybodys arriving. The only thing I'm definetly sure of is the start for Singles. Effectivley - if all the people we need to run it are in early enough prior to singles, I'll run it then, failing that it'll run on the sunday.
LOW TEIR (?): Time pending, we'll run it on the sunday, if we have enough interest.

VENUE:
YEOVIL LABOR CLUB
UNITY HALL
ENTRAL ROAD
YEOVIL
SOMERSET
BA20 1JL

DIRECTIONS:

By Bus: Right, this is amazingly simple - as soon as you get off the bus (Make sure you go all the way to the bottom of town - you'll know it's the bottom as the bus actualy kicks off at that point), and litteraly - infront of you will be a place called Glovers Walk - turn compleatly around and look across the road, and theres a place called Unity Hall up on a little raised bit of road with a small wall around it. Walk in there and ask at the bar where the room with all the geeks in is - and the woman should get what you mean and point you in our direction ^^ If you manage to turn up before 12 for any reason, or hell freezes over, something goes wrong, and were not there. From the bus station - look over at weatherspoons, the giant, unmissable pub. Follow the road next to that down towards the traffic lights, and you should see a Pizza Hut, between you and the Pizza Hut will be a road called South Western Terrace - it's pretty much just a row of shops - theres a really obviously italian resteraunt called Tamburinos, and directly to the left of that is a shop called Witch Engine, which my family runs - if anything goes wrong, go there.

By Car: Umm. ****. I'll get back to you on that xD I don't really know the one way system that well myself - but there is parking down at the cinema, which is pretty obvious - just ask anybody how to get to the bowlplex and they should point you towards it. Once you get in there - you walk towards Pizza Hut, keep going past untill you cross the zebra crossing, and walk towards Tamburinos - the italian palce I mentioned in the By Bus directions. Keep on going past untill you get past weatherspoons, and Unity Hall is staring you in the face to your right.

SHOULD ANYTHING GO WRONG: Or, I dunno, you fancy a chat o_o I can be reached thusly:

HOME: 01935479787 (I'll only be there in the evenings)
WORK: 01935427077 (I'll either be here or at the venue, failing that, my darling mother will pick up and answer any questions she can)
MY MOBILE: Doesnt exist anymore as I lost it in bristol on newyears D:
MY BROTHERS MOBILE: 07731142212 (He'll be around me the whole time, so getting hold of him would be a good idea)

COSTS:
Singles: £5/Person
Doubles: £5/team
Low Teir (If we have it): £2
Cover Charge: £5

RULES:

SINGLES:
4 Stock
First Level Random (DL/FD/PS)
No Items
Anything Else Obvious
Best of Three

STAGES:
Pokemon Stadium/Dreamland64/Final Destination on random

BANNED : Hyrule Temple, Great Bay, Yoshi's Island N64, Icicle Mountain, Princess Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Jungle Japes, Yoshi’s Island, Green Greens, Corneria, Venom, Flat Zone, Brinstar Depths, Onett, Fourside, Big Blue, Pokéfloats, Mushroom Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom II and Brinstar.

Stage Bannings are to be declared before the game starts.

Advanced Slob Picks is on, along with Dave's Stupid Rule.

Advanced Slob - for those of you who don't know.
First stage is random.
Loser picks the stage for game two.
Winner then has the option to change character.
Then loser picks character.

If on the day we decide to impliment stage bannings, I think I'll say you need to declare a stage ban as soon as the first game ends, perhaps?

Daves Stupid Rule - simply put, you can't counterpick a level you've already won on this match.

Stage List: (I'll get back with this xD)

DOUBLES:

Pretty much the same as singles. Slightly different stages - will update later.

LOW TEIR:

Pretty much same as singles too, save different character list xD That being.

Low Tier:
Link
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Roy
Young Link
Pikachu

Bottom Tier:
Yoshi
Zelda
Mr. Game and Watch
Ness
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu
Mewtwo

I'm not sure we'll have time for this, but if we do it would be awesome - I'm just putting details up on a hypothetical basis.

Will update with anything I've left out later. One thing I'd like to say though. If I'm doing anything horribly wrong at the moment, bare with me, I'm hideously dissorganized and this is the first event of this scale that I've ever even attempted. Wish me luck >.>

Kone

Smash Master
Can we try get North v South going at this caleb?! i get my loan through in jan, so i can sort out shirts. Id prefer to only have to sort out the north though >.<, like sumone else to sort out purchasing south shirts.

Oh, and ill be handing out badges for AR, edmas at this ^_^

Twiggy_Ramirez

Smash Apprentice
Hey yo; i found the dang thread woot!

we are holding this over the two days; there will be singles and doubles on the first day; and crews (inc. North vs South) on the second; i imagine the second day will end around 3pm anyhow :3

And as myself; king of all organisation and effeiciency (although i cant spell it :s) will be sorting all merch: yay!

Shirts wont be done on a basis i could lose ALOT of money...

--- Posters ; here it is! used some screen prints, spray paint and acrylic to make this as part of my art a level though it twould make an ace poster...

the test most likely will be changed prior to printing but you get the idea :3

Thats all! i imagine everything will be cheap yet cheerful and nostalgic; i aim not to make money but rather spread some TNJ love! there will be a package deal with all three so show some interest! as i would like to make my money back!

peace out__

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
i would assume this is an ok date so far then o.o

given that the seed list is effectively done via the uk rankings, we have housing sorted for that weekend (the most pressing matter o.o) and the venue being looked into is rarely booked, this thing is pretty much set XD

-x-

Sabo

Smash Cadet
lol Twig, i actually like that poster design. Big lulz @ using that pic i took at AR for the people :p

Twig is the one on the far left :p

Kone

Smash Master
Twig :

Concentrate on sorting out following :

TVS, you need around 8 minimum, ten makes more sense. (I had over ten at sct4, my house too small to bother with it).

Make sure you have the remotes and they are 60hz / use scart. If not scart, make sure you can use them via rf.

Powerpoints. People forget this at every tournament. You need ****loads of them.

Make sure you guys know how to run a tournament. ie looking into seeding by skill and seeding by location. Learn how to run a bracket well. Not many people do.

Get that sorted ^_^

Reacher

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately me and SLVR can't make this date :(

Bad times.

EDIT: lol I'm dumb sometimes, we can't make it because we're on holiday from the 4th till the 11th.

Omadon

Appologies for not updating >.> Been netless for a few days. Spent last night playing a gabillion games of Tekken over at a friends house - will get proper directions and whatnot down tomorrow. Joey - Make sure to kick me when you next see me in work to do it and I'll grab Mimm's PC and get it sorted.

Twiggy_Ramirez

Smash Apprentice
Twig :

Concentrate on sorting out following :

TVS, you need around 8 minimum, ten makes more sense. (I had over ten at sct4, my house too small to bother with it).

Make sure you have the remotes and they are 60hz / use scart. If not scart, make sure you can use them via rf.

Powerpoints. People forget this at every tournament. You need ****loads of them.

Make sure you guys know how to run a tournament. ie looking into seeding by skill and seeding by location. Learn how to run a bracket well. Not many people do.

Get that sorted ^_^
OK powerpoints are no problem as when im not smashing im in a band (ooo get me); anyway we collectively have about half a dozen extensions, so i can make just 2 plugs into a dozen...

TVs (60Hz obv) we have umm 2(?) including our projecter which will be fixed on time...
so i appeal to the masses for more tvs...

Ed can u bring ne?

R+F ?

London lot dont u have a projecter?

stfu?

thanks guys :3

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Bad times with the TV's,can you not hire any?If we have to make do with portables then so be it but you should try and get as many of them being 15' and up.Come to think of it theres about 8-10 people in your crew....cant they provide TV's?

Kone

Smash Master
No chance am i bringing a tv with me. Its far to long a drive and ive got 7 people. Goign to be cramped already.. Nevermind petrol costs - more people = more weight = more petrol. Aint throwing a tv in.

Your going to have to ask round friends and family. If not rent tvs. You need 8 at least.

Also some people dont like playing on projectors, so it shouldbt be used for pools.

Check the venue for powerpoints and map out where the tvs will go. You may find you need more. If so tell me, ive got ****loads.

Sorry bout tvs though man, to far to bring one.

Hiring is awkward aswell. Ive looked into it before and its a pain in the ***. It basically works out to be to expensive as 1. they charge ridiculous amounts OR you can hire for two days. They'll want a month of you etc and that works out badly money wise.

Look for your local pawn shop or second hand electronics shop. You know what i mean, the dodgy ones. Talk to the owner. Good chance you can buy tvs and then sell them back to him two days later. This is annoying as you got to fork out alot of money first, and generally the guy wont accept them back for the same money. You'll probs lose 20-30 quid, but it means you have 3-4 large tvs. Ive done this before.

Tvs is a maor headache ppl forget bout =(

ed

monty06

Smash Ace
add 3 more 2 the list joey. i hav a 14in portable which is at the shop, i hav a 21inch and a 32inch tv availible from my house but sum1 has 2 come pick it up i have no way of getting it 2 the venue.

Omadon

I can get hold of plenty of TVs by then xD I have one at home I'm not using, and I can think of a fair few people who have said they would be willing to provide - Somebody kick me while I'm in work, as I promise you I will forget, andyeah - I'm laying off editing the main post untill I get a definite yes from the hall, but they've been closed over christmas, I'll get hold of them in the next few days and then I can really start kicking things off. I don't want to get everybody set on a date that may still not be plausable - soyeah, don't book any tickets yet or anything :p

ting!

Smash Cadet
hey guys i can definately bring one, its roughly a 14 inch but its got a remote and its better than nothing much love amy/ting x x x

Twiggy_Ramirez

Smash Apprentice
ok so so far 6! im impressed guys im sure we can find the rest....

Ting; thinking you should change your name to zing,

...ZING!

L4DY; setups?! i assume u mean cubes; and between myself and the shaw brothers we have 5 :p so we need another 5, u ,pual, matt, house brothers, matt H are just some of the people that will attend and provide cubes >> but thanks for reminding me.... WHAY!

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
@Twiggy: have you got a copy of smash for each cube though? i thought you only had one smash between your three cubes o.o

and jake and caleb only have the one copy of smash.

i can provide one full setup with the tv(s) from myself.

-x-

ting!

Smash Cadet
So I've been told to come to this =)
yes, helios come to this or else! nah im kidding but tnj is set to be a good laugh and worth your time, why not come really? if not see you at rennaisance of smash
much love ting! x x x

Kone

Smash Master
By the great Ed

So, your coming so i can **** on you helios?! brilliant. Look forwad to crippling your swedish pride on my beautiful english soil ^_^

Twiggy: you sorted out when singles is? its a two day event, so singles is second day im presuming??!

Im most likely waiting round for neil and reacher to get back from holiday sat and drive them down, so wont be round for sat's stuff. Well, nothing early anyway lol

THE JUDJE

Smash Cadet
possibly able to bring a cube with smash, though there may b a problem............. parents
:(
but shouldn't b a prob

EDIT: yes i can bring a cube

monty06

Smash Ace
that would be cool if helios does come.
hey matt dont forget team JUDJ MONT lol.
hey matt hav you got matt kennets phone no. im buying his copy of smash because he doesnt play it and i havent got 1 i cant get hold of him i lost his no.

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
@JUDJE: oh for ****s sake, whats the problem with your parents?

you live in ****ing yeovil.

ergo, going out saturday, returning home at somepoint in the evening, then the same on sunday shouldnt be a problem.

and its your cube is it not?

-x-

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Couldn't have picked a sweeter date, tis right before study week @ college. Wouldn't miss this tourney for anything. Can bring cube and copy of smash if needed, just gotta look into actually getting there.

Top Bottom