• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GMC Presents : TNJ! Febuary 10th/11th. Yeovil, Somerset. PROPER UPDATE FIRST PAGE!!1

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Hey how early can we get to the venue tomorow coz we are gonna b driving up in the morning? When are u going to be there from?

:yoshi:

Sniper123

Smash Cadet
i was gonna ask that too, im goin with kev so we wanna know how early we can get there cos its a long drive

ShineOfScott-SOS

Smash Journeyman
i sitll play smash everyday ..jst i aitn got much money and free time as my free time and money goes on these lil bad boys lol
in a bit ...my fox still owns !!! =p

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
we have the venue from 12. but we'll all be at the shop (witch engine) on south west terrace from 10am. well, i wont, i'm working til 3, but shush.

just ask some random passer by where south west terrace is if you dont know o.o

-x-

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
we have the venue from 12. but we'll all be at the shop (witch engine) on south west terrace from 10am. well, i wont, i'm working til 3, but shush.

just ask some random passer by where south west terrace is if you dont know o.o

-x-
Koolio dude, thankyamuch!

juganthestar

Smash Journeyman
Sorry RaF i cant make it...im so sorry i havnt got the money + time to make it or a ride. Also i couldnt come to your house because well...it was real last minute notice O_O. hope RaF kills bigtime

Mr P

Smash Ace
Congrats to zeppo and charles for winning teams, they beat doug and alex 3 to 0 and 3 to 2 inrthe finals. EZ PZ, Zeppo is too good he will win in Ps absense

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man that was fun, I'll have to make it to another tournament sometime :p

Alex: Nice seeing you again, and you ***** our team in doubles >_>
Doug: Good luck in America, wish I could have got more than a couple of doubles matches with you though, but from what I saw, you'd have ***** me >_>
Jam: Nice meeting you ^_^ We'll have to play SSB 64 again sometime :p Shame we didn't get in any SSBM matches though >_>
Martin: Yay @ teams, although we lost to Jam and Stevie and Doug and Alex >_>
Ogre: Nice Marth and Samus, although I didn't get to see much, the matches were over too quick >_>
OwnA: Wow, your Yoshi is ridiculously good, **** THOSE EGGS >_>
Umpa: Nice Sheik, although I can't really remember our match very well, sorry >_>
Charles: Congrats on winning teams, and yays, my Yoshi officially > yours XD Although all of your other characters > mine >_>
Zeppo: Congrats on winning doubles, although I'd have liked to at least get in one match with you >_>

Awesome tournament, hope I'll make it to nother one sometime ^_^

- Kris

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Man, wish I was there. Not having a ride meant I couldn't make it and the train was too expensive '-_-... Have you guys done singles yet?

Kman25

Smash Ace
Great tourny, Thanks for that GMC ^_^

Red: If it werent have been for you, I wouldntve have been there xD, So thanks a lot for the ride, I really appreciate it, Your Samus is getting better =D

Martin: Hehe I knocked you out again =P

RaF: Yawn - Hehe my first time seeing you, Youve got a pretty good Samus, I hope to see you around in more tournies.
Spam - We played friendlies like forever xD, We got some good games in, Hope to see you at the next one
OwnA & Ouch: Man it was nice seeing you guys again, And yeah Ill get those friendles with you OwnA at the next one, I swear...you make me wanna play Yoshi now xD

Zeppo: That Falcon is too good, I wanna play you again, And well done on winning doubles with Charles

Kris: DOUBLE PEACH FTW! xD, Nice meeting you man, I hope to get some singles in with you next time

Doug: Well I finally got to play you, But just as I thought I got owned xD, Good luck in America man

Ogre: I wish I didnt have to throw the last game away >_<, And it wasnt even worth it cos I missed my train anyway xD, But hope to play you again ^^

Khaine: Nice meeting you dude, Thanks for walking me too, But I swear that path that you showed me was so scary, I thought I was gonna get ***** or something xD, But yeah gotta get some games with you next time ^^

Bronze: Nice getting to play you, I swear that Peach Vs Jiggs one took ages!, I thought it was time for my train already xD, Ill play you again at the next one

Great tourny, GGs indeed

Sniper123

Smash Cadet
Yeah GGs all, Great Tourney

Kman - No probs with the lift, just a shame we didnt get much time for friendlies in

Alex - Good to see you again, as always that Marth is immaculate. Unlukcy with teams, but a great run in Singles, too good.

Zeppo - Finally got to meet/play you, heh you owned me just as i thought you would. Good games though, really enjoyed em.

Doug - Wow i got to play the Doug, i was amazed he actually gave me a game :laugh: great fun, thanks for the help on the DI, good luck in American man, the scene here is gonna miss you.

Whole of RAF - **** YOU! Especially Ouch, son of ***** :laugh: ha no not really you know i love you all, just Ouch knocked me out of pools, GGS though.

Bronze - GGs man, nothing really much else to say, nice meeting you too though :)

Thanks GMC for hosting, shame i got *****, though i did take Caleb to last round.

From your favourite colour

Red

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
GG's <3 Im gonna start arranging the next london mini tourney thing now, i might start to push it up a lil to £2/£3 singles and doubles ^_^

3/10/17/24th March?

Hope you got back alright Doug and everyone from up north

COEY

Smash Lord
Hey guys just got home i cant be arsed uploading the vids today, i think it will be a job for tomorrow. But to keep you all satisfied in the mean time heres a pic of Team Nice for us all to enjoy :)

=X

Martiny2m

Smash Apprentice
ok where do I start

The tourney was a success, but now, I'm gonna be broke for a bit LOL, anyways (in no particular order):

Kris: well met, you're a good partner, if only we wasn't against the 1st and 2nd best in UK...

Kman: you knocked me out of pools(AGAIN!) and lost by default in brackets afterwards, like WTF you should of let me win, tut tut tut.

Red: your samus don't die, I'll win a match next time.

Alex: we didn't have a 1on1, only melee's later on.. you gotta admit it was funny, JO3 combo FTW!!!!

Zeppo: nice one in pools. next time i WILL give you a better challenge, jo3 combo wtf lol, too broken

Jam: your falco is great, best one I've seen, we had like 2 matched, I'm so happy i won one, anyways its 1-1, we'll settle it next time LOL

Bronze: we had some friendlies gg, shiek ditto in crew battle was great, congrats on the win

monty: didnt get a friendly this time, congrats on the 10 stock in crew battle, i felt so mortified after that, thanks for letting us stay at your house

Caleb:
nice venue!!! i don't think i played or saw you play

Ogre: nice fox, i didnt even know youplayed him, you went all samus in newcastle. was funny when you broke Jiggs(charles, fuzz) shield

yawn: nice samus(i hate samus) you should come to stuff like this more often.

ouch: omg your match in crew battle was sooo funny, we now call it the JOE3 combo.

spam: very nice marth, you almost beat doug 1 match lol

owna:
nice yoshie, EDGEHOG! LOL

JO3: you gotta learn to DI out of the JO3 combo LOL

Doug: congrats again, you taught me a bit with shiek, thanks.

Bigman & DSD9: i dont remember which which is which but, to the shiek player, you are very good, nice ditto's, the other one(one who was in the nice guy team), nice win in doubles lol

final message: Good Games All, Congrats On Everyones Matches

if i missed out anyone, im sorry, i wanna chat on msn quickly lol (been a whole 2 days since i aint been on it LOL)

just incase anyone is confused with the JO3 combo, its: foward B, upSmash, upSmash, Knee =P

J03

Smash Master
SHOUTOUTS!!!!

Caleb: thanks for the tourney, great times
Ogre: nice fox, very nice
Mont: Thanks for housing us...and thanks for having such a crazy grandma =P
Twig: sorry we didnt get any dittos, we had to head off early on sunday =(
Red: nice samus, just get that teching down
bronze: only really played you in teams...that was horrible >.< good sheik though
Sabo: nice tech chasing and some GG's
OwnA: the YOSHI MONSTER, loved every minute of it...EVERY SECOND!!!!!
Ouch: thank you for disgracing me...the J03 is now a full stock falcon combo...the easiest one >.<
Spam: loved it in the pool, i wished id have stayed as fox the entire time, cant believe i SD'd in the 3rd game but **** happens, you played well and deserved to go through ^_^
DSD9: nice sheik, great guy, shame you didnt stay at pauls but nice meeting ya
Bigman: tilley!!!, ****ing loved it, the docasaurous (notice in the background the docasaurous has just won /\), the 4 stocking on mute, the drunken shouting and rugby tackling on zeppo, just good times
JAM5: finally got to get to know ya, thanks for the beer and the cigs ^_^, loved your falco...took a stock of you on mute =P, and finally some one won a competitive set against doug, well played son, hope to see you at ed's 21st or sometime ^_^
Zeppo: nice falcon as always...but you need to dodge roll, dash attack and falcon punch more LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL ^_^
Darvor: well done overall, got to see a few more of your matches, one day ill play ya =P
Charles: we played some nice matches, and tbh i really like how you play and your ability to really pi.ss ppl off ^_^, loved your tactics in teams and im sure Zeppo did too
Doug: very well played, and well done stepping up your game, thank you fot the lift and you will be missed =(

peace out <3

Darv

Smash Apprentice
Amazing tourney, thanks to everyone who made it happen ! <3

Ill post shoutouts later im soooo tired XD rofl bad times

Special mention to Zeppo, Doug, Stevie and Jam for being absolute legends.

Oh and J03's match in crews was the best ive ever seen.

Martiny2m

Smash Apprentice
why thank you ^_^

this is so gonna be talked about longer then i hoped =P

dont make me john about it >.<
you do know, we were up for like 4 hours non-stop doing the J03 lol, thats toooo legendary, it was like "hey crabby, look at this combo" *J030* "thats cheap" LOL

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Ahahaha too good <3 "hey crabby come here i wanna show you something" OMG THATS SO BROKEN, NO!

"Hey look it also works with other chars, amazing right b then double up smash then f air" MINDGAMES

We should do a tourney without any DI and only use those moves LOL, everyone will play falcon

oh and UP B LINK FTW, won with only one move <3 i remember someone was playing fox/falco and it totally owned edgeguarding

monty06

Smash Ace
JO3 combo ftw it was so funny lol wat a legend we did 4 bloody hours it didnt get boring either! i will do shoutouts l8r bit tired at the mo

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
riiiiight

i dont actually have any major shoutouts, so i guess i'll make a couple minor ones up now o.o

Dan: nice seeing you again man, and we hand some awesome games. come down again at somepoint.

Jam: good seeing you again too. and again, come down at somepoint XD

Doug: congrats on winning your last english tournement! and good luck back in the states, and thanks for bringing various northeners down.

and thanks to everyone for showing up!

-x-

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
Rarg. Will update everything later. Too tired at the moment - had incredibly busy day. I need to actualy get the restults off Paul's laptop - should have them tomorrow. Pardon abruptness, I have a preteen Rogue on WoW to level xD

Darv

Smash Apprentice
1 Doug
2 Jam
3 Zeppo
4 Darvor
5 Ogre
5 Spam
7 Twiggy
7 Fuzzyness

Ôuçh!

Smash Cadet
The tourney was great, i took some note from the Jam5 and Cpt. Zeppo match.

Jam5 your falco is amazing i shall surpass u soon its my goal, yeah rite lol.
Thanks 2 u Jam5 i won some money, i bet that u will beat doug and u did thanks mate.

Jo3: sorry about the beat down lol. It took me months to come up with the JO3 combo. hahahaha!

Twiggy rematch next match

My first match was against Doug. and if i won (i wish) my second match would of being against Jam5. How bad lucky im I :(

My Ranking: 9th Ôuçh.

Thanks Lord Rust for the venue its cool.

DSD9

Smash Apprentice
I won't do Shoutouts i'll do trash talk! meh...
**Jam** - Your bullsh*t you know i had you, straight out of my pool to face my SDB dudey...
Your a legend Jammy - see you real soon..
**Stevie** - "It's your turn, Stevie, STEVIE, wake up and use your friggin wiimote! (Dan and Jam sat there giggling their ***** off) Well balanced :=Sheik - Marth matches. Gotta check the footage man 3 tippers in a row....ahhhh
**Caleb & Jake**
Caleb your an acid'ed up beast and tourny went well, Peach has got aggressive and very nice.As for Ogre your Samus has speed it's refreshing.Your still mine though....you know it.Great to see you guys again.
**JO3**
Dull, Boring and Annoying - Now that's Charles(I'm kidding please don't trash talk me...ha ha...),as for you, good laugh and your fox is on it's way.Well up for you coming down my way sometime for a few beers like..Noice
**Darvor**
Didn't even get a shout out, oh the pain, the PAIN next time. Genuine guy and that's a wicked trait, your Marth is highly effective though i didn't get to play it, i'll await ya next time.
**Khaine**
Your docosaurus sucks, big time....Ha ha.Really interesting games and i got well into em keep it going...
**Óuch**
Had a few good friendlies and set during the tourny was pretty good.Should'a had you though. Good laugh buddy, good laugh. See ya soon!
**Doug**
You suck, you "john" constantly, your annoying and the amount of luck you get every game is immense.ha ha ha.(Now with a straight face)-Much respect to you for giving a fair few of us a reason to strive on. I think i talk for everyone when i say, it'll be a loss, but go get some American Pussssssyyy, you American ***** ;)...Good luck.
**Zeppo**
Like Jammy poo's, the speed in which you guys flow is absolutely crap to spectate. You guys do the same stuff over and over. I don't see the point in SHFFL's gets you no where..IIIIIIGGGGHHHHTT...Fair play for stepping it up. We have a much needed game to play son. And keep that jebendedness going. Respect....
**Everyone else**
This post is already TOOO munting long but i'm at work and bored so i'm still keeping it progressing.Yeah as i said, everyone else, good work, keep your game coming and a good turnout...
Cheers all.....La ba do beeeeed dododod baby
DSD9 out...

Kone

Smash Master
Heard alot of good things from Stevie about this tournament - well done the GMC!!

To everyone that placed well, good going! Jam your the man for beingthe only Brit to ever beat Doug in a competitive set. About time aswell lol

Could I please have the FULL results for this tournament. Would like to update the UK RANKING LEAGUE and will need the details for ranking for Edster.

------------

Im going to sort out the venue for Edster 2moro. So , expect news and thread very soon. Most likely be first weekend in Easter hols!

edx

Syntax Error

Smash Cadet
Good stuff overall...I'm so irritated that I didn't pass my pools this time though. So close! So very frigging close!

Ah well you win some and you lose some. Unless you're me, in which case the current trend appears to be 'lose some' :laugh:

Lord Rust: Good tourney, hope the next one will be planned out a bit smoother though :p

Zeppo: I never did get time for that money match. I'll postpone it for the next tourney I see you at :) Your falcon is still awesome to watch.

Monty: Vengeance shall be mine! Just you wait and see :) I enjoyed kicking your climbers all the way across DL64 though :cool:
P.S: thanks for the housing, shame your grandma's a psycho :)

Doug: Congrats on winning, good luck in the states. Don't own *too* badly over there hey? Might make people jealous.

Jam5: Nice games you played, though I didn't know you played Shiek at all. I was surprised to see you knocking Doug into the loser bracket, that was a really intense set to watch!

Darvor: still want that ganon ditto? Maybe we can do it at Edster or something :)

J03: Gotta be famous for something, right? :chuckle:

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
YAY I LOVE SMASH TOURNEYS!!!! Ok this is like gonna be the longest post ever coz i played loadsa ppl, and id feel bad leaving them out!! Here goes....... *deep breath*

Firstly

Caleb - Great venue bro, wish i could have got some more games against you but im happy tho coz for the first time in HISTORY my Yoshhi beat your Kirby.... YAY!!! Anyways thanks for organising this man it was great!

Doug - D&MN i didnt get to play you for the last time :( No worries man! Congrats on winning........ AGAIN!!! Hopefully when you come bk my Yoshi will give you a challenge lol! Have a safe journey anyways dude! PEACE!!

Jam - Hey team coach whats up! Great crew battle man, THEY GOT LUCKY THIS TIME but dont worry, this one aint important! Because we all know ur gonna bring home the gold when you are the captain of the Southerners in the North Vs South crew battle! Thats the only one that counts!:laugh:

But dang bro, that Falco of yours is RIDARCULOUS!! Only got one game against it but i loved every freaking second of it! U da man for being the 1st in da UK 2 beat a competitive doug aswell heehee! Gotta get some more games with u next time dude!

Zeppo - Great game bro, ur Falcon is still destroying my Yoshi man ITS NOT FAIR!! Lol! I'll defo be upping my game next tym dude! Oh and that yoshi of yours is very Dangerous, DANGEROUS YOSHI'S FOR THE WIN!!!!!:laugh: Definitly want some more dittos wit u next time aswell man!

Ogre - GGs dude, congrats for getting top spot in our pools bro, im coming bk for you samus though coz im pretty sure i can take him:chuckle: UL C!!:laugh:

JO3 - Hahaha the the other member of the unstoppable team JO3wnÄ haha! Those team battles were real fun..... even tho i DESPISE team battles lol! Had some great games against your Fox aswell bro, his poower level is increasing very fast i must say! Keep it up bro! Look forward to playing you at EDster! Oh and dont worry about the four stock from Ouch! Look at the bright side, at least you have a combo named after you now.....:chuckle:

Coey - Bro that Falco of yours has also increased its powerlevel! I am very impressed, had some good games man! Too bad about team battles tho man, its coz u came up against team JO3wnÄ, its undastandable that would happen! :chuckle: But still gg man! Im not sure of your team mates name but his falco was scary tho! Great job bro, i defo want some frendlies next tym!

Big Man - Oh it is on like a bag of chips! I cant believe you took the WSF (World Smash Federation) Belt back! It is on at EDster man im coming bk for whats mine!!!! :mad:

Nah seriously tho bro, great games man, they were actually some of the best games i have had in my whole smash career! AND WE DIDNT EVEN GET THEM ON CAMERA!!! :( But yea i loved it! That Marth was very dangerous...... but dont you worry, Yoshi aint scared, he is going into training and is gonna come bk as the Dinousaur's Champ! Beware!!!:laugh:

Fuzz - Hey good Yoshi dittos bro, we got a few more than last time but i STILL didnt get enough man! Your Yoshi is getting VERY good, but im really looking to take out that freaking Fox of yours! Make sure you bring him out next time bro! After i take him out, im coming for the top spot...... THAT FRIGGING FLOATING PINK JIGGLYMUFF!! :laugh: Its ON!! :mad:

Nice Luigi aswell but there was no way i was gonna let u come even close to four stocking me in that crew battle lol!:p Make sure u train him up tho coz i defo wana play him some more!
Anyways see u at london smash or at Spam's some weekend!

Go Spam-a-Lamb - My only shout out to u is ur an ugly Spam-a-Mongoose! Who in the HEEEEEEEEEELL do u think you are placing 5th huh? HUH!!!?? :mad: :mad:

Umpa and Kris - Great games guys, Kris (i think) your ice climbers are nasty man, luckily u didnt get any wobbles on me tho lol! Keep up the training, they are gonna be formiddable. Umpa (i think) that peach had me scared man, i actually thought i was gonna lose but then an idea popped into my head......... EGGS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: Great games tho man!

KMAN - hey bro, i gotta get some games in next tym man, too bad you had to leave so soon tho. I'll c u at the london fest anywhoo!

Darvor - ^ same to u bro, didnt get any games but will do at the fest! Great gaame against Doug tho, it was HEAVY!!

Ouch - Hahahahahahahaha! Meteor cancels......... u should try them sometime! :p :laugh:

Yawn - My cuzzin, that Samus is getting very good man, u started coming bk very hastily in those frendlies we were having, but i could tell u were nervous in the crew battle tho! No worries tho keep that training up boy coz Samus is gonna hurt some heads, aswell as you underdog 2ndary character! THEY'L C!!

Bronze - Only had a few games against you man but i dfinitly need to play some more, that sheik was NARLEY! I loved her!

Right im out! If i left anyone out, woe is me and my appologies! Cu guys at Edster/London Smash Fest!

ÖwnÄ out!

Top Bottom