• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GMC Presents : TNJ! Febuary 10th/11th. Yeovil, Somerset. PROPER UPDATE FIRST PAGE!!1

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
OwnA wanna do something with R&F on friday? i got no plans and evening would be ok for me too
Yea dude, thats fine by me. I'll tell Spam to pm u coz the sessions are usually at his house so he can give you any details and that. But thats fine by me, i dont think im doing anything this fri!

:yoshi:

SGT Stevie

Smash Journeyman
Rainhill - its small but everyone drinks.
Firstly, thanks for the tourney. It was awesome! I left my contol pad at the venue though, and when I came back the girls said that either Jake or Caleb picked it up. Its see through in the bottom part of the pad. Could you look after it and get it back to me at Edster?

Monty: Cheers for the housing! Its much appreciated. Had a few games that I remembered which were cool. Shame about the mauling I got due to my intoxication. Keep smashing! Also, I left my green cap at yours. Could you please look after it and bring it to Edster. I'd be so grateful.

Dan: Awesome friendlies - especially the one that we got recorded (tippersville). Even better green though! Was proper booshed. Nice one for the lift back to the station and I'll deffo see you soon! Also, congrats on making it out of pools at the first attempt. I hope you've received your reward from the mrs!

Jam: Congrats on taking a set off Doug and getting second. That falco is crazy fast. Cheers for the doubles pairing aswell. Awesome set against Zeppo too! I wish it would have been best out of eleven! Are you still suffering from the mauling in tennis I gave you? I'll be out to beat you on stepmania. See you soon!

Crabby: Always a pleasure, never a chore! Nice to see your fox is starting improve. Keep it going. Congrats on getting a combo named after you! We'll get absolutely smashed at Edster!

Doug: Just too good as you've proved yet again! Good luck in America - you'll be a big miss!

Zeppo: Your falcon is just getting quicker and quicker. Good job getting 3rd and winning doubles. I honestly don't remember playing you on the Friday! Quality Sheik as well! Didn't see your other characters. Your set against Jam was awesome - too good at dreamland!

Alex: Need more Marth dittos! Congrats on 4th and you really showed me how to play marth in the crews. It was a demolition! Singles was a bit closer though. :-) Did you really go to Subway 3 times in a day? Also, I'm scared of the Young link! Too many projectiles.

Jake: Nice samus. Very clever - it just kept beating me. Will be out to exact revenge next time! Well done on 5th!

Caleb: Very aggressive Peach. Took a while to get round those turnips! More scared of the golf ball though! Cheers again for organising the tourney!

Spam: Need to get some Marth dittos in. We came close to having some but the tourney obviously came first! Well done on 5th!

Twiggy: Congrats on finally getting out of your pool and getting 7th. Awesome at up throwing me and not letting me touch the ground ever! Will up my chain grabbing at get you next time. ;-).

Charles: Couldn't believe I was doing well against your Jiggz and getting beat by your Falcon. Keep getting those rests going - awesome to watch! Congrats on winning doubles! Carry on drinking vodka!

Owna: Awesome game man! Never been so nervous at the end of a match. Its definitley on like Donkey Kong and I'll be defending the WSF at Edster! Keep that Yoshi Owning!

Bronze: Nice Sheik and immediately improved after pools/watching Doug. Keep going and I look forward to playing you next time!

Sabo: Good games in pools. Keep spamming the lasers (its not cheap). They ****!

Coey: Cheers for all the filming and keep working on that falco! Need to get some games with you next time!

Anyone I missed - I'm sorry.

Bring on Edster for someone to take Doug's crown!

Darv

Smash Apprentice
Alex: Need more Marth dittos! Congrats on 4th and you really showed me how to play marth in the crews. It was a demolition! Singles was a bit closer though. :-) Did you really go to Subway 3 times in a day? Also, I'm scared of the Young link! Too many projectiles.
ROFL nah 2 Subways over the few days there, never 3 in a day though o_o. My area doesnt have a subway = dire. I remember Y Link winning on FoD =D

Ôuçh!

Smash Cadet
I am the inventor of the JO3 combo so i think its only right that i get to name the combo.

Its not the JO3 combo but instead its called the Ouch combo.

its took me months to master and performed that combo perfectly.

Ôuçh!

Smash Cadet
........the ouch combo......
:confused:
nah : P

its called the J03 combo. anything else just sounds rugrat inspired ^_^
Who the Hell! r u? 1, was you there? 2, did u created the combo.... NO...
Its called the Ouch combo because it was PAINFUL and SHAMEFUL the name if fitting for it.

DSD9

Smash Apprentice
Ouch has got a fair point
He did friggin create it....And though JO3 combo has got something to it.
You can imagine someone saying "I just got 'Ouched'" more than "JO3'd"
And yeah Chris Jericho dude? Ummm were you even at TNJ? And rugrat inspired...Dude, you need to broaden or maybe work on that vocabulary my friend..Good work Ouch!

Ôuçh!

Smash Cadet
He did friggin create it....And though JO3 combo has got something to it.
And yeah Chris Jericho dude? Ummm were you even at TNJ? And rugrat inspired...Dude, you need to broaden or maybe work on that vocabulary my friend..Good work Ouch!
Thanks DSD9, the name is fiiting aswell the ouch combo. i was thinking of other name but ouch is simple and it make more sense than the JO3 combo.

if anyone say u did the JO3 combo everyone would think that JO3 made it, when it was through my hard work it was created..... Ouch combo, painful and shameful.

cheers DSD9 take it easy bro...... is this Dan?

DSD9

Smash Apprentice
DSD9 - aka, Dan aye...That's the one bro...How's it going hope all's groovy jalubey.....Wicked combo....Still have no idea who this Wrestler wannabe dude is? Ha...Nay mind.

Ôuçh!

Smash Cadet
hahaha u joker Dan, TNJ was great stuff our match up was good though i know u should of had me in the sets but it was close. i hope see you at the next tourney.

are you going to the france tourney on the 14th April?

DSD9

Smash Apprentice
That's me aye....Our match was a good un but yeah i kinda just lost it.I'll be working on that next time...I've got a load of stuff from TNJ that i'll be working on so i'll be eagerly awaiting another game dude...
I didn't even know about a France tourny...But like everything it all depends on the wonga i have. All COSTS MONEY like....grrrr.Money sucks

are you going to the france tourney on the 14th April?

Ôuçh!

Smash Cadet
yes im going to the france tourney it should be interesting with alot of strong foes.

everyone is going really i think there is a thread started somewhere. Kone should know about it.

Im also trainning to improve my skills so that i can stand a chance of giving everyone a good challenge.

Creator of the combo.
Its called the Ouch combo not the JO3 combo its painful and shameful.

Chris Jericho

Smash Cadet
Fair do's. although some credit should go to J03. if it werent for his 'DI' it may have gone much differently:p

anyway, the J03 combo wouldnt be so inappropriate. ure name IS Joe afterall isnt it Ouch?!

(i was at TNJ in spirit.......mostly in the bar^_^.)

J03

Smash Master
well well, nice to see my disgrace has proven so popular ^_^

tbh the rights of the combo do go to ouch, but its not the first time that combo has been used, i used to RB, upsmashx2, knee quite alot back when i mained falcon :p

in fact the first time i ever okayed ouch's falco i did it twice ^_^

though the way ouch did it was tastefully done =P

and one last thing, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!
after that quick lesson in 'why you should always DI' and the shame it brought =P it aint happening again bro!

look forward to more games at edster where my fox will force you to scream your own name! BRING ON THE TRASH TALK!!!!!!!!!!!

<3 to ouch ^_^

Ôuçh!

Smash Cadet
hahahaha JO3 you joker, I will bring on at Edster im trainning so that you will experience the ouch combo again.

next time we shall play so more friendly, u and the others.

Im going to 4 stock you with zero percentage....... LET THE TRASH TALK BEGIN.... lol

Who are u really Chris Jericho?

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
I name alot of stuff after players,if there is one combo inparticular that they use alot then I'd say "I just did a ___".Like the way Jam jumps back onto the stage using Dair,if I did that in a match I'd probably say I just did a Jam.Theres also the infamous Reacher Roll,as he always rolled the same way whenever I pressured him with my invincibilty frames after dying.When the combo first came about that night,I said perhaps we should call it the Ouch since Ouch did the combo.We dabbled in whether it should be J03 or Ouch combo,but J03 sounded much funnier,and the only reason it came about was because of how funny it was anyway,I was almost in tears watching the crew battle.
The full combo has been remembered as dthrow>sideb>usmash>usmash>knee.This is not a new combo,I watched SilentSpectre do it the other day.I think it was mainly the DI and no teching that made the combo,Ouch did a good job of abusing something so brutally,but to me it will always be the J03 whenever I see someone get done by such a combo.

But whatever,it was really just a joke to begin with lol.I love how a discussion about it has lasted a page now.

Darv

Smash Apprentice
J03 combo sounds better than the Ouch combo ^_^.

Good times in the club.

Ôuçh!

Smash Cadet
Well D@mn it.. if the everyone have voted to called it the JO3 combo thats cool but u must remember who did to him Ouch.

JO3 combo do sound more funny as i think about it.

there u go JO3 ur now famous hahahaha....

cpt. zeppo we need to have at falcon ditto next time.

HAHAHA!!! I like it very much!! Ouch you have a combo named after you. GOOD WORK BRO!!

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
ah bugger, bloodbowler told me a big mistake in my sig..its low+bottom tier not mid >_> xP. Heh i just wasted another 15 mins doing the words again

DevMBC

Smash Ace
Well good tourny =D Had an awesome time ^^
Venue - Wellll good
Organisation - Welll good (cept stevie's pool lol)
Subway - Welllll good
Smash skillz - mad

Dan an Stevie - <3<3<3,£,3,£3
GMC - Well good job with everything guys =] Didn't get to play most of you, :[ twig, but caleb an jake an everything an all I saw lol was looking maaad good =o caleb's peach is still mad scary an jake's fox was looking beast. Keep playing an by edmas you'll have all pushed to the next next proper level me reckons. ^_^ cheers
Doooouuugg! - Don't leave man =[ I dunno any sane smasher who'd trade the whole of the UK for Azen!! It was so good getting 3 solid sets on you ^_^ an all the more sweeter that I took one haha =p You've proved again that you're still all those steps above us but while you're off taking it easy on some beach somewhere in the US with azeen, we'll be training ^_^
Has been awesome having you on the scene all these years man - you've kept pushing the standard here and setting it abroad. Remember all we've taught you in Europe lol! Sparken Dark_Rain in the face! Take Chu's pengz and show them european mindgames that're more confusing than makenshi's general being. Take it easy an see you in the finals of OC3 lol
Zeppo! - Dude you got well good well fast =o I'm thinking steroids, will alert proper authorities lol. Definately keep it up man. Our dittos and a proper set should be a staple at every tourny =] + **** you're no1 in the uk on the rankings lol >:/ I'm out for your blood sir! Me an every other UK smasher!!
R&F - Awesome! Was maaad good seeing you guys again + you've all improved mad loads since AR! AR was like lol a crew with a yoshi but now it's like ;_; a crew with a yoshi. + You all gave me mad drive through the tourny lol ! Last match on doug - Can't disappoint R&F ;___; they got money on me an ****! I gave it my all for you guys haha =] Def see you guys mad soon.
wtfCharrles! - You've kept improving man. I've not had a good look at you playing since the last yeovil tourny an you've only really just started then. You've improved shiiti loads an your jiggs in a tourny's my least wanted matchup lol. Your luigi's **** good too man =o G&W ditto next time for sure mengz!
Darvorr - =[ well wanted to play your marth this tourny but just didn't happen =/ You placed really well man an I'm thinking will only keep placing better ;_; You'll be like the UK Amsah who comes in talking all this **** (cept you're not talking **** lol) only to actually have basis for that ****.. crews'll be like GMC, R&F, STFU & SDB feat. The_Doug vs Darvor ;_; Def get some solid matched at edster =]
Was well good meeting Crabby an COEY properly =D Was awesome searching youtube an seeing match vids lol ^_^ + what's all this about a J03 combo lol =o? Martin! Your sheik was awesome man =o caught me well off guard hah - 1-1 indeed, we shall settle the score next time >:C That crazy guy with the nob piercing, keep it rreal lol. Stacey, Ting!, the other girlies =o Was good seeing you both again an meeting all the others - still don't get ****head lol. BRONZE!! Word mangz ^_^ Send my love to keir an all that lol - funny how related all us videogame geeks are =o lol but yus - good matches man, you were well unlucky to not make the bracket.

To my 10 man crew!
Yes, we lost! Yes, it was an absolute shambles! Yes, we should all be ashamed! lol! But we gave it our all. That is the most we can ask of ourselves blates. So men, see this not as a victory but a wake up call - a wake up call called the north! Northerner's on the team, you're off the team! Southerners - all sights on the big one, north v south - No casualities were sustained this time.. But the North are backhanded, dirty and out for our blood. But they ain't got Doug now lol! Let's **** em.

ting!

Smash Cadet
Ting: Dont stop playing smash =(
I intend to carry on playing cos im gonna pwn everyone some day (well maybe in my dreams lol). hope to see you at edster

shout out to everyone that came was nice to see you all (cant remember everyone due to horrific memory). kone and bloodbowler shame you guys couldnt make it, look forward to playing you at edster if all goes to plan.

take care everyone much love ting!

JOENOTJEFF

Smash Rookie
Sorry for posting in here, ive looked eslewhere but couldn't find anything. I was wondering whether there is gonna be a Tournament in Yeovil this summer.

Cheers

Top Bottom