• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GMC Presents : TNJ! Febuary 10th/11th. Yeovil, Somerset. PROPER UPDATE FIRST PAGE!!1

Sniper123

Smash Cadet
theres a very good chance i can come to this, a very good chance indeed.

If i do my mate dan would probably come but i really do need to speak to Lord Rust about this but i almost defiently can come, sorry about the short notice if i cant come then thats fine, but i'd love to

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
RaF - all of you?
Yep as far as i know all of R&F will be there dudes, but thats only 4 of us!

Hey im sure there are probably a few more you 4gt to mention dude, dont worry the tourney will be great!

Who else is actualy coming? Any more from London? Anybody? >_<
If possible ill try to get some more smash players from up here to come but i cant gurantee anything. The only gurantee is R&F!

:yoshi:

Sniper123

Smash Cadet
Im definetly coming! if thats ok with everyone then im comin and probably with my mate dan, and yeah nice one :laugh: i'd like to talk to rust about it soon though, wanna clarify it and all

add me to the list, im there ;)

The_Doug

Smash Ace
I've got some good news.. and some bad news.

The good news is I'm definitely attending the tourney :) Looking forward to it.

The bad news....

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Bloodbowler, we trekked a million bloody miles to your thing. I am thoroughly dissapointed -.-
This isn't personal, I'm pissed off about it as it is. I know you guys traveled to my tourney and I respect that, I just haven't enough cash to be travelling.

If you'd sorted everything out earlier, maybe not so many people would have flaked, no offence, but it's the truth.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
It is.And its your choice to travel to a tourney Caleb.Yeovil being right down the bottom corner of England doesnt help either.
But whatever,this is going to be good.For one thing,less attendants means almost everyone(who is attending) will get to play.How many TV's are there?Good times?

COEY

Smash Lord
Is there a 10 v 10 planned? As 3-12 is along time for singles imo and i think alot of people might prefer it to lower tier since alot of us (....including me) are still getting our mains in tournament condition.

P.S. I shall be bringing a cam with me to record and hopefully upload some matches. Being Disapointed with the lack of any footage from AR or Edmas i'm going with the "if you want some thing doing...." ideology.

P.S.S. Also note any and all footage uploaded will have amazing music just like the samus ditto. To check out this 'awesome' music please click this link http://youtube.com/watch?v=1GJQVMbhFlA

COEY

Smash Lord
*Downloads 'Dude looks like a lady'*
And Carlton no need for a songlist if got tons of appropriate stuff.:chuckle:

EDIT: Also i realsied you never actually answered my question/intended part of my post.
10v10s?

EDIT EDIT:I'm planning a montage too btw ;) Now that is definitely my choice in the musical department. Dont worry tho......

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Ok Doug suspense is killing me now!!!:laugh:

:yoshi:
TNJ will be my final and farewell tournament in the UK. I'm off to the states at the end of the month. So unless I go bankrupt or get tornadoed out of a home, I don't reckon I'll be back.

Haha got to love the cheap world of message board drama. Anyway last chance saloon as well for any that want a game against me; I do hope this will inspire some more to attend the tourney too but time will tell.

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
TNJ will be my final and farewell tournament in the UK. I'm off to the states at the end of the month. So unless I go bankrupt or get tornadoed out of a home, I don't reckon I'll be back.

Haha got to love the cheap world of message board drama. Anyway last chance saloon as well for any that want a game against me; I do hope this will inspire some more to attend the tourney too but time will tell.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

U cant go bk, u must stay here for all eternity!! I HAVENT COME CLOSE TO BEATING YOU YET!!!!!!:mad:

Lol, seriously tho D&amn, how comes ur goin bk bro?

DevMBC

Smash Ace
;_; man I thought it might be this ;_;

Show them americans the mad skills us brits have taught you =p

You've always been a mad big push for the community - from getting deca on his tyrade of recruitment then abandonment lol to always showing other countries that the UK isn't all **** ^_^ Cheers for all mangzz.

Be it in or outside the tourny, I need to get a last proper set against you before you leave =]

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
I may be coming to this, but it's not 100% certain, I'll have to get back to you on this.

Even then, I would only be able to come to Saturday, and until about 7ish.

Shucks.

Kman25

Smash Ace

zomg, Thank goodness Im going to this, Itll be my only time to play The Doug, I gotta mm you as well and lose my money :laugh:

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
zeppo: it wouldnt let me reply to your pm o.o but yeah, we're ok for tvs, but like i said, the more the merrier, were online for about 8 atm.

doug: well, i'm definately playing you a shedload at TNJ, if its to be my last chance o.o

good luck with going back to the states man.

meowkitty007: try and make it, please? the sooner on saturday, the better. and uh, who are you?

-x-

Kone

Smash Master
Doug : Man, not cool seeing you go like this. Im afraif there is no chance ill be making it. Work for a charity at weekends now with children with learning difficulties. No chance of absence. Hope you enjoy the US man, and ill make it across and beat you over there in the Summer ; ) . You got me into smahs and ill always remember you ;_ ; lol

Coey : RE : Edmas vids. Vids are held by adam who doesnt play smash and is a teacher. Therefore he has no 'freetime' that he wnats to dedicate to putting them online. Furthermore, I want no peach videos of mine online.

All at Yoevil : Have fu and ill catch you guys soon!

Darv

Smash Apprentice

:urg:

If me teaming with you goes ahead will be an honour :)

Go get Isai and Darkrain ! XD

grayfox

Smash Champion
**** = / I won't be able to attend this either and this is a real *****. Not only the UK but the European smash scene on the whole owes a lot to you Doug and your a nice guy to boot. Sucks that your going but will probs see you in the states one of these days <3

COEY

Smash Lord
Doug- Will you be going to ROS4 in the summer? As it would be just another reason to go.

Coey : RE : Edmas vids. Vids are held by adam who doesnt play smash and is a teacher. Therefore he has no 'freetime' that he wnats to dedicate to putting them online. Furthermore, I want no peach videos of mine online.
Yea Ed i realise this i wasn't blaming anybody by the lack of vids, i just said i was dissapointed. Also i will be asking all players beforehand if they are ok witht the files being uploaded and if not if i can just put them on file planet and give the link to UK players on request.

The_Doug

Smash Ace
I'll miss a lot of you guys too :( Lots of you old smash school brits especially but some of the new kids on the block too. Will do shoutouts later.

Enough with the mushy stuff though and let the final chapter begin! I've been training for this and I'm coming to Yeovil, I'm coming for blood, and I'm coming for the crown jewels. If and when I do win this the Queen herself will knight Sir Doug or proclaim me King Doug the First and I shall be gifted an honourary skeleton key to uh... hmm k my trash talk needs work but lol anyway I really hope a lot of you train and step up the competition.

edit: just recalled another trash talk tidbit hehe. no brit has ever best me 1v1 in a tourney, so who wants the bragging rights!

DevMBC

Smash Ace
edit: just recalled another trash talk tidbit hehe. no brit has ever best me 1v1 in a tourney, so who wants the bragging rights!
Me =p

GMC - Just realised the tourny's this weekend lol, what nights are good for housing? =o Coming down Friday -> Sunday sound sensible? <3<3

Zeppooz - them dittos sound splendid =D Will be good mengz ^_^

Ryan - ;_;

juganthestar

Smash Journeyman
If Spam gives me a ride. ill be there and ill best your shiek, or attempt to xD In all i suck R&F > Me >.<.

But if Spam gets me a ride im there!

And i heard an IC is situated in there, i wanna have a match and i wanna see the IC's because i know im not the only one...

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Right, I should be able to make it, and should be able to get there as early as 10 o'clock. What time will the venue be open for us?

Also, I'm a new smash player. I mostly play SSB64, and I'm not very good at SSBM, but I'm learning... :)

Also, I'd be travelling by train, so how would I get there from the station?

J03

Smash Master
Doug: you will be missed =(

Caleb: in case you havent noticed alot of people aint coming to thid...although i am ^^.
now ive only been too 2 tourneys so i cant really commnet, but it seems that it is due, in part, to a lack of organisation, if it wasnt for a last minute miracle i wouldnt b coming as my fare down there would have been 30 quid more then if the date had been confirmed earlier. I definatly think this tourney should be a constant reminder to get **** SORTED promplty!

BB: are you definatly not coming :S

Martiny2m

Smash Apprentice
I was just wondering, as train tickets are pretty expensive now, if anyone can gimme a lift

someone recommended RaF, so if you going by car and have a spare seat, gimme a holla

Ôuçh!

Smash Cadet
I'll miss a lot of you guys too :( Lots of you old smash school brits especially but some of the new kids on the block too. Will do shoutouts later.

Enough with the mushy stuff though and let the final chapter begin! I've been training for this and I'm coming to Yeovil, I'm coming for blood, and I'm coming for the crown jewels. If and when I do win this the Queen herself will knight Sir Doug or proclaim me King Doug the First and I shall be gifted an honourary skeleton key to uh... hmm k my trash talk needs work but lol anyway I really hope a lot of you train and step up the competition.

Hey Doug im upset that your leaving us but i wish u the best and a safe travel. I will see you at TNJ my goal is to beat you before you leave hopefully i will complete that mission.

you won't take my money this time hahahaha.

Spam-a-Lamb

Smash Journeyman
London, UK! its overrated, the weather is stupid,
Hey Doug im upset that your leaving us but i wish u the best and a safe travel. I will see you at TNJ my goal is to beat you before you leave hopefully i will complete that mission.

you won't take my money this time hahahaha.
whoa whoa whoa ouch. dont get ahead of ureself. start off small. i think a level 4 bowser is more ure kinda pace

Twiggy_Ramirez

Smash Apprentice
Ok just ring us when you will arrive and someone will meet you at the station (most likely me!)

its a short but strange walk...

and yes there are 2 subways, a dominoes, tesco, somerfield, burger king and several kebab houses :p

Top Bottom